Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands

Old 2005-08-18, 14:56
far_beyond_sane
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Slipknot, Gayness and the Media

This is a new Slipknot video clip.

What? Has the world gone mad? FBS is posting a video of a band that 'Tabs loves to hate the most?

Yes.

But why? Doesn't he hate them? Didn't he once call them "a pack of rectal mistakes, a cabal of whining low-grade baboon spelunkers and another symptom of the talentless stool-pit masquerading as the music industry"? Of course he did. So what's going on?

You won't like the fucking music - but bear with me and watch the video clip anyway. This is the most beautifully clear-cut example of a band going media-friendly you will ever, ever see.

The phrase 'sell-out' is often bandied around by dickless E-teens whose brains are confused by riff patterns more complicated than long-distance telephone beeps, and as such it is almost redundant. But in this case, there is absolutely no other word for it. This is a long, hard, 10-inch sell-out.

The sound has changed, significantly. What little distortion existed has been completely cleaned out, the riff structure broken down even simpler, the heavier basslines and double-kick snipped and replaced with the rhythm section of an average hard-rock band. All their stupidy faggotty masks have been replaced with the only things stupider and faggier - the faces behind them. In the clip, they are hanging up and portrayed in distance shots, as if the band has 'grown' and matured. All shot in white light, beautifully clean and close focus. It's about as metal as a plank of wood. What tripe.

But the lyrics, OH DEAR SPIKE-FUCKING JESUS, the lyrics! Goodbye to the significantly bad teenage angry-screamy lyrics, and hello to the EVEN WORSE teenage emo-self-fellation lyrics! Even the song title - "Before I Forget"... puking retch! Just LISTEN to the damn song. You'll see what I mean.

If you thought Slipknot were irritating dolphin-molesting pustules before, they have now become officially one thousand times worse.

P.S. Watch yourself. At least read the above before posting the inevitable "T3h slipzz SuX0RZ!!!!_1" shit.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Last edited by far_beyond_sane : 2005-08-18 at 14:59.

Old 2005-08-18, 15:15
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

You make me giggle. Its loading right now.

Awesome.

Old 2005-08-18, 15:17
fatdanny
Post-whore

Old 2005-08-18, 15:21
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

No need for me to see that video again, thank you, but I concur. They have always been about the money imo, and so this video and the way they sounded is just prolonging what eventually happened to the boyband/KoRn/Limpdick era. I can't blame them for trying to make just a little more money because when it is over for them where will they get jobs?

Go Dicksnot Kill yourself slowly for our enjoyment.

Old 2005-08-18, 15:26
The Execrator
Noob lud

Do they really need 9 people to play that? Thats sad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2005-08-18, 15:50
humancorpse
Post-whore

Firefox just freezes when I try to watch that. Like it`s trying to warn me or something.

Old 2005-08-18, 15:55
Gamma
Senior Metalhead

Slipknot always sucked to begin with, I don't care that they had some good moments, their faults in their playing was that they never tried to be original or have their own specific sound like other bands do, either that or they tried to be TOO original. Shit, Stone Sour was fucking better than Slipknot and they had their own genre to play in.

And hell, they play in B too. So if you're playing in B you better play some fucking heavy shit, not a youth-antham.

Old 2005-08-18, 15:56
Gamma
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by humancorpse
Firefox just freezes when I try to watch that. Like it`s trying to warn me or something.

ITS A SIGN! ITS A SIIIIIIIIIIIIGN! o.o

Old 2005-08-18, 16:13
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny

Wow, that is even worse than I thought.

Awesome.

Old 2005-08-18, 16:17
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

kinda sounds like creed just not as hard-core..... ok that was fucking SAD

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!

Old 2005-08-18, 16:45
i_hate_nu_metal
Supreme Metalhead

Actually features some pretty decent singing by Correy Taylor. Just like FBS said, very clean cut. This is the work of pros, man. It's marketing genius is what it is. While the tr00 slipknot fans will probably get turned off by this, the mainstream media and audiences will embrace it and caress it like a little baby.
There's like maybe three riffs in the whole song, andoneof 'em consists of just picking the top string open, sounding really gay.
There was an Elton John video that came on after this that had some much better riffs and actually had some solos.

Old 2005-08-18, 16:46
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones

hehe, slipknot turned emo

Actualy, the sound sounds like it would fit on st. anger
Originally Posted by Requiem
Why would you sig that?
Why not? Why would you sig me saying that I hate you? I was serious there, too.

I'm in despair! The internet has left me in despair!

Old 2005-08-18, 16:55
SARS
Post-whore

"GO!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That "go" was like some dude screaming GO! to his dick when he can't get it up.

Oh fuckin' dear, the opitomé(sp?)of angst-teen music finally falls an age to the pre-masturbation audience.

There's my two cents.(Literally, I did burst my splein laughing at the tediousness of that "go")

Old 2005-08-18, 16:57
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARS
"GO!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That "go" was like some dude screaming GO! to his dick when he can't get it up.

Oh fuckin' dear, the opitomé(sp?)of angst-teen music finally falls an age to the pre-masturbation audience.

There's my two cents.(Literally, I did burst my splein laughing at the tediousness of that "go")

hahahaha, yeah, that was priceless. And your comment made it even better. (its epitome, for future reference)

Awesome.

Old 2005-08-18, 17:05
humancorpse
Post-whore

Ok, I just watched it and WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?! And I who was shure they couldn`t be gettong worse! Well, at least now the record stores might stop to define their music as "metal" and "heavy". That always pissed me off.

Old 2005-08-18, 17:14
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

Well, well, well. If they weren't nu-metal before, they most certainly are now.

Old 2005-08-18, 17:57
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Quote:
Ok, I just watched it and WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?! And I who was shure they couldn`t be gettong worse! Well, at least now the record stores might stop to define their music as "metal" and "heavy". That always pissed me off.

Yes, i'm ditching the arguement about them being metal. Any previous work deemed "ok" by me has been withdrawn.

Awesome.

Old 2005-08-18, 18:15
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

they must be like numo-metal now.

Fucking on the couch while posting on Metaltabs and getting caught by your mother....

Priceless!

Old 2005-08-18, 18:41
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newHELLonEARTH
they must be like numo-metal now.

whAT?!

Awesome.

Old 2005-08-18, 18:51
Gamma
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissection
whAT?!

Nu+Emo = Numo.

Old 2005-08-18, 18:57
SARS
Post-whore

oh my fuck, not another sub-genre.

Old 2005-08-18, 19:10
newHELLonEARTH
slack as fuck

no its not another sub-genre, it was a joke

Priceless!

Old 2005-08-18, 19:49
Zionist
My Ass, Your Face

Hahahahahahaha!!!
Wore her out before I could finish(which im grateful for)

Funeral Mulch; My brutal death metal band from West Michigan.

Old 2005-08-18, 19:51
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma
Nu+Emo = Numo.

aha.

Awesome.

Old 2005-08-18, 19:52
Vardanstalt
Senior Metalhead

In every fucking line in the lyrics he says "I/Im/you or whatever", he has nothing else to sing about but his gay ass child raping self, or his wannabe metalhead fans and listeners.

Fucking 9 members to play cheesey ass power chord proggretions in like Bb tuning and 4 of them just stand there, doing nothing and try to headbang.

"Faith: not wanting to know what is true."
-Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

teh myspace

Old 2005-08-18, 20:00
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

that breakdown or whatever... hahahah!
gayer than ever

Old 2005-08-18, 20:05
Dahmers Fridge
Supreme Metalhead

I can't believe that so many of you are 'shocked' to find the 'knot' have managed to out lame themselves again with another song that is slightly more arse than their previous releases!
On the bright side, we can only hope that a few of their fans will use Slipknot as an in road to the genre of metal and discover the bands that truely deserve and merit recognition.

Old 2005-08-18, 20:38
Frozen Soul
Senior Metalhead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahmers Fridge
I can't believe that so many of you are 'shocked' to find the 'knot' have managed to out lame themselves again with another song that is slightly more arse than their previous releases!
On the bright side, we can only hope that a few of their fans will use Slipknot as an in road to the genre of metal and discover the bands that truely deserve and merit recognition.
Hell yeah! More of these maggots(as they call themselves with pride) need to find out what real metal is. Slipknot is hardly real metal. If there is to be a new genre for slipknot, it should be called bitch metal, for the fans cannot find decent albums to listen to.

Old 2005-08-18, 21:58
Rattler
Metalhead

i dont like slipknot, i think they are a really lame ass band.

but i cant blame them for selling out. look at Anthrax. Metallica. Megadeth. etc.

honestly, like every one sell's out.

PS its called sissy teenybobber "metal"

Old 2005-08-18, 22:10
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Fairly old song, but I haven't seen the video. And don't intend to see the video. Or much any video, unless I'm in it. Even then, most music videos aren't particularly interesting.

As far as selling out goes: meh. I've heard that entire record. It has those 'hey, these guys listened to classic death metal' moments scattered all over it and, I believe, one Slayer-style dueling lead, as well as the various bouncy shit, and of course this. Neither the good parts nor the bad parts really affect me in any way, so I could honestly give a good fuck about this. However, their lawsuit against Burger King is kinda sellouty.

I'm confused as to when Anthrax sold out. Keep in mind Jim's explanation of 'sold out' when pinpointing this moment for me. I'll accept 'are worse now' with no explanation, but 'sold out' will be a tough sell on me. At least until the formative stages of the Joey Belladonna reunion.

Old 2005-08-18, 22:13
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

They are suing Burger King...

I hope GWAR sues them.

Assholes.. if Burger goes out of business I'm going to have to choke a bitch.

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2005-08-18, 22:14
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
At least until the formative stages of the Joey Belladonna reunion.

Belladonna is great.

besides, given the current line-up, i hope Anthrax won't fuck up the next CD. it's almost impossible.

Old 2005-08-18, 22:22
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

It has nothing to do with my personal opinion of Joey. It has a lot to do with the whole 'Scott saying for years how much he wanted to get on the Ozzfest, and also talking endless shit about what an asshole Joey is, and then the reunion happening when Sharon Osbourne tells them that the 'Among the Living' Anthrax lineup could be on the Ozzfest' thing. Of course, being that they're Anthrax and no amount of lineup changes could change their luck, they didn't end up on the Ozzfest.

And, given the current lineup, it's entirely possible. They didn't add any songwriters. They added a born-again Christian watchmaker who didn't even bother to write his own leads on the last album he played on and a greedy, over-the-hill singer whose vocal performance on Persistence of Time, and about half of State of Euphoria, screams 'I'M NOT RIGHT FOR THIS BAND ANYMORE!'

Also, just to stay on topic: I watched a little of the video. It was super neato. And, to the claim that 'it's not a subgenre, it's a joke': subgenres are jokes that people take seriously.

Last edited by PST 88 : 2005-08-18 at 22:32.

Old 2005-08-19, 00:58
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Great.

Old 2005-08-19, 01:12
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

That was actually quite good.

Old 2005-08-19, 01:26
Transient
HES BAAACK

slipknot wont go away until their fans age (sadly they gain new ones too)

whing about it wont do you any good at all. just get a good laugh out of it, which seems to be what everyones doing. i dont need to watch the video though

Old 2005-08-19, 01:28
IlikeRiffseveryone
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS

I hope GWAR sues them.

Assholes.. if Burger goes out of business I'm going to have to choke a bitch.

i'd rather not listen to it. And those assholes put burger king out of buisness. I read an article in the RTT and it said that they lost the suit.

thank goodness wayne brady didnt' have to choke a bitch.

Old 2005-08-19, 01:42
OpethFan
Toast-whore

Well done Slipknot.

You are gayer than George Michael.

Though, i had to admit i could see them singing along side Hanson at some stage.

Think my attitude stinks?? You should smell my fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
yeah, one night he (BassBehemoth) came with some GHB and he put it in my drink, when i woke up....i lost my hymen....terrible

Old 2005-08-19, 02:15
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Exactly why do we care again?

Old 2005-08-19, 03:47
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Metalheads have a secret crush on Slipknot. Don't tell anybody, but it's a kinda creepy stalkerish relationship. We hide behind Slipknot's bushes and take pictures of her, and then cut their eyes out moments after developing them in our bathrooms. It's fun and awesome.

Old 2005-08-19, 03:48
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Execrator
Do they really need 9 people to play that? Thats sad...

My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.

Old 2005-08-19, 04:10
davie_gravy
Metal As Fuck!

Yea,

I agree, Slipknot has went down fast! but I guess I'm one of the ones who likes and respects their music, even in it's simplicy form. I guess because, Slipknot was the one to open the door for me to heavier music. Crazy as it sounds, I thought back when Slipknot first came out with the self titled shit, that it was just the most demonic, evil, chaotic sounding shit I'd ever heard. Prior to slipknot, the heaviest shit I ever heard was early-mid metallica with a splash of slayer. I do agree, their are nothing of metal, but they did have something going for em in the eariler years.

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.

Old 2005-08-19, 11:40
obrien20
Post-whore

you're all judging it as a bad music, i don't think its a bad song and i think Vol 3 is a cool album, IMO.

Old 2005-08-19, 13:19
BeastOfCarrion
Pokémon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by obrien20
you're all judging it as a bad music, i don't think its a bad song and i think Vol 3 is a cool album, IMO.

Poser!
Poser!!
Poser!!!
(x.x) (> <)
Somebody has decapitated an innocent rabbit, can Abbath solve this crime before more innocent bunnies are hurt?

Old 2005-08-19, 14:18
LordofStorms
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS

I hope GWAR sues them.

That would be great.

I've already seen this video,and yes its fucking gay.

Old 2005-08-19, 14:31
Dahmers Fridge
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Metalheads have a secret crush on Slipknot. Don't tell anybody, but it's a kinda creepy stalkerish relationship. We hide behind Slipknot's bushes and take pictures of her, and then cut their eyes out moments after developing them in our bathrooms. It's fun and awesome.

Yes it's true, I steal their underwear, slice them up with a kitchen knife and post it back to them

Old 2005-08-19, 17:40
obrien20
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastOfCarrion
Poser!
Poser!!
Poser!!!
LMAO!!!!!

Old 2005-08-19, 18:20
Casketcrusher
Post-whore

Fuck it. The video is taking way too long to load.

But I am sure it sucks.

Fucking hell. So many people at my school are like "Hey dude, is Slipknot the heaviest or what!" and i'm like "Uh...no I know alot of heavier and faster bands that make Slipknot look like idiots." Then they say "Aww you are a poser then."

The only thing that i'll addmit is that Joey is a pretty good drummer. I don't know why Paul and Joey left Anal Blast to do this crap.

Truer words were never spoken.

Old 2005-08-19, 18:27
LordofStorms
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casketcrusher

But I am sure it sucks.

Fucking hell. So many people at my school are like "Hey dude, is Slipknot the heaviest or what!" and i'm like "Uh...no I know alot of heavier and faster bands that make Slipknot look like idiots." Then they say "Aww you are a poser then."

The only thing that i'll addmit is that Joey is a pretty good drummer. I don't know why Paul and Joey left Anal Blast to do this crap.

They called you a poser?!?! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black..

I've never heard anal blast,I'll have to check it out.

Old 2005-08-19, 18:45
Rattler
Metalhead

Quote:

I'm confused as to when Anthrax sold out. Keep in mind Jim's explanation of 'sold out' when pinpointing this moment for me. I'll accept 'are worse now' with no explanation, but 'sold out' will be a tough sell on me. At least until the formative stages of the Joey Belladonna reunion.

the killer b's, they had a song with public enemy (hip hop).

back to the subject. the only thing i hat emore than slipknot is there fan base. god i cant even walk in a mall with out seeing some teenybopper with a slipknot shirt, slipknot military hat, and slipknot vest with black parachte pants and black eyeliner.

Last edited by Rattler : 2005-08-19 at 18:49.

Old 2005-08-19, 18:48
LordofStorms
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler

That may be considered a "sellout",but Public Enemy rules.More than Anthrax for that matter.

Old 2005-08-19, 19:40
obrien20
Post-whore

Quote:
I say Joey and Mick, by the way, Mick Worships Immolation and Suffo...At least he has a good taste.

Old 2005-08-19, 23:19
Vardanstalt
Senior Metalhead

Quote:

Its not worth the wait. But, you might wanna see it just to see how gay it is.

teh myspace

Old 2005-08-19, 23:25
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

They did a song with a rap group that has more integrity than 99% of metal. Oooh. I still fail to see how that was selling out, especially since you didn't show that they did it for the money or in some way damaged their integrity by doing it, and especially since it wasn't their first collaboration with a rap group, having previously written 'I'm the Man' with the Beastie Boys. I'll await your second submission.

Old 2005-08-20, 00:23
Casketcrusher
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofStorms
They called you a poser?!?! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black..

I've never heard anal blast,I'll have to check it out.

LOL be warned it's not the best music around...but damn close to the funniest.

Old 2005-08-20, 00:28
Casketcrusher
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by obrien20
I say Joey and Mick, by the way, Mick Worships Immolation and Suffo...At least he has a good taste.

Yeah Mick is cool but he is really stuck up. My freind is a fan of him and at a signing Mick would'nt sign my friend's B.C. Rich signature Warlock because he does'nt play that anymore. How gay is that!

Just because he supposidly listens to those bands does'nt mean he should continue to do this crap. Like that fuck in Good Charolete wearing a Cradle Of Filth shirt. Obviously he does'nt listen to them cause if he did he would'nt be in Good Charollete he would be in a less gayier, but still pretty gay band like Cradle LOL

Old 2005-08-20, 09:33
IRON90
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Yeah Mick is cool but he is really stuck up. My freind is a fan of him and at a signing Mick would'nt sign my friend's B.C. Rich signature Warlock because he does'nt play that anymore. How gay is that!

That's really gay, i thought Mick was better than that. And suing burger king...man i've just lost my fate in these guys.

Old 2005-08-20, 10:41
Dahmers Fridge
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:

back to the subject. the only thing i hat emore than slipknot is there fan base. god i cant even walk in a mall with out seeing some teenybopper with a slipknot shirt, slipknot military hat, and slipknot vest with black parachte pants and black eyeliner.

So what if they dared to do something different! I hardly think working with then underground hip hop act Public Enemy constitutes selling out. They got a lot of shit from racist dicks because of it even when they toured together, but it broke down barriers which is a good thing. Anthrax always tried different things and introduced the narrow minded metal fans to punk, hardcore and rap as well as helping further the thrash genre. They did covers of Alice Cooper, Discharge, Celtic Frost, Priest, Sex Pistols, Kiss, even old Motown tunes! And why not! The Killer B's album was a collection of fun/covers and silly left over stuff it was never meant to be a serious body of work.

And why so hard on the Slipknot fans? Everyone has to start somewhere when discovering this music, I'm sure the first band that got you into metal isn't any cooler! Yeah so some of them will grow out of metal when it's not trendy anymore, but others will explore it and stick around. There are far more things you could spend your time doing than going on about Knot fans hanging around the mall! How about using that energy to discover a new band that will blow our socks off, that'll be more productive

PST 88:- I'm not sure 'I'm The Man' was written with the Beastie Boys, though it does sound Beastie esq. It was written by Anthrax with J Rooney(who ever he is, I'm not sure he's a Beastie unless it's a Pseudonym??)

Old 2005-08-20, 11:39
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:

Just because he supposidly listens to those bands does'nt mean he should continue to do this crap. Like that fuck in Good Charolete wearing a Cradle Of Filth shirt. Obviously he does'nt listen to them cause if he did he would'nt be in Good Charollete he would be in a less gayier, but still pretty gay band like Cradle LOL

yea, that is pretty gay that he did that, if it were me, i would just sign whatever

apparently he might release a solo record sometime after they stop touring, i hope its a shred solo record.

Old 2005-08-20, 14:09
Rattler
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahmers Fridge
So what if they dared to do something different! I hardly think working with then underground hip hop act Public Enemy constitutes selling out. They got a lot of shit from racist dicks because of it even when they toured together, but it broke down barriers which is a good thing. Anthrax always tried different things and introduced the narrow minded metal fans to punk, hardcore and rap as well as helping further the thrash genre. They did covers of Alice Cooper, Discharge, Celtic Frost, Priest, Sex Pistols, Kiss, even old Motown tunes! And why not! The Killer B's album was a collection of fun/covers and silly left over stuff it was never meant to be a serious body of work.

And why so hard on the Slipknot fans? Everyone has to start somewhere when discovering this music, I'm sure the first band that got you into metal isn't any cooler! Yeah so some of them will grow out of metal when it's not trendy anymore, but others will explore it and stick around. There are far more things you could spend your time doing than going on about Knot fans hanging around the mall! How about using that energy to discover a new band that will blow our socks off, that'll be more productive

PST 88:- I'm not sure 'I'm The Man' was written with the Beastie Boys, though it does sound Beastie esq. It was written by Anthrax with J Rooney(who ever he is, I'm not sure he's a Beastie unless it's a Pseudonym??)

HOLY SHIT, Dave Mustaine did someting different, he came a christian. and for that he was shuned by a lot of people. anathrax tries febely to make money by making a song with a rap group and everyone is applading. they made money because rather than i'm the man being played on the metal station, it was played on the rap and metal station.

think about it! doing a song with a rap group is not metal! shit, i feal like im taking crazy pills here!

dude, the first metal band i was into was metallica, ive never worn any of their (or any others bands) merch other than a t-shirt mabye a normal hat, i never liked slipknot or anyother goth band for that matter.

PS. overkill will blow your socks of.

Old 2005-08-20, 18:01
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

Quote:
anathrax tries febely to make money by making a song with a rap group and everyone is applading.

the song was awesome.

that's what matters.

ps: orange letters with green background = not cool.

Old 2005-08-20, 19:57
ShredIsNotDead
Post-whore

Can somebody fill me in as to why slipknot sued burger king?

They've always sucked, but not that badly. They aren't making enough money because they have to split their profit 9 ways, not because their music wasn't mainstream enough. Rather than cater to a mainstream audience they should get rid of some members and be left with just enough to make it possible to play a simple song like that live. Then they'd only have to split the profit 2 ways.

Old 2005-08-20, 20:06
Vardanstalt
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredIsNotDead
Can somebody fill me in as to why slipknot sued burger king?

They've always sucked, but not that badly. They aren't making enough money because they have to split their profit 9 ways, not because their music wasn't mainstream enough. Rather than cater to a mainstream audience they should get rid of some members and be left with just enough to make it possible to play a simple song like that live. Then they'd only have to split the profit 2 ways.

Because of that commercial on Chicken Fries, that band is apparently making fun of them or whatnot by wearing masks similar to thiers. Slipknot are being the pussies they are and sueing them.

teh myspace

Old 2005-08-20, 20:16
ShredIsNotDead
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vardanstalt
Because of that commercial on Chicken Fries, that band is apparently making fun of them or whatnot by wearing masks similar to thiers. Slipknot are being the pussies they are and sueing them.

Those cunts! Slipknot should be flattered that burger king would make a song that awesome and associate it with such a gay band!

Bob your head!

Old 2005-08-20, 20:29
Soeru
Post-whore

OH MY FUCKING GOD. Sum 41 are more brutal than this now. Seriously, this is even worse than that MTV-pop-punk shit. I know they've been mallcore all the way but this is beyond that! Let's see how much this will boost their record sales.

I don't mind bands making assloads of money off music, I'm just pissed that infinitely better musicians get to rot in poverty.

Edit: Slipknot might as well go and sue fuckin' Gwar...

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)

Old 2005-08-20, 20:35
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I'm the Man was written with the Beasties and was originally supposed to feature them on some of the vocals. Apparently they knew the Beasties since they were a punk/hardcore band.

There's a significant difference between Mustaine becoming a Christian after spending so much time talking about how stupid religion is and Anthrax doing Bring the Noise. If they really wanted to make money off of a rap crossover, there were more popular groups than Public Enemy to do it with. Take the blinders off and look at what happened, rather than just knee-jerking 'It was rap and metal! SELL OUT!'

Old 2005-08-20, 20:35
John Holland
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

The only real problem I have with this band is that they try to pass themselves off as "brutal".

And that's aside from their personalities. Sueing Burger King does'nt help their trying to insist that they are indeed legitimate and relevant in the metal world.

Old 2005-08-20, 21:12
IRON90
Supreme Metalhead

I've come up with some ideas to make Slipknot a better band(if you can make them a better band)
1) Kick out the DJ, Sampler and the percussion dudes.
2) Get those fucking masks off
3) Stop play nu-metal and write some cooler shit
4) More and better guitar solos

Sorry if i got off topic.

Old 2005-08-21, 01:08
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRON90
I've come up with some ideas to make Slipknot a better band(if you can make them a better band)

I can sum that up in one sentence:

1) stop being Slipcock
Why would you sig that?

Old 2005-08-21, 01:30
TheLeviathan
Senior Metalhead

That's some seriously silly stuff and pretty fucking egotistical.
Yeah brains, couldn't have put it better myself, oh actually I could:

1) Die.

Old 2005-08-21, 01:44
Vardanstalt
Senior Metalhead

Quote:

You cant make splipknot better, they suck anyways. Making Slipknot a good band is impossible.

teh myspace

Old 2005-08-21, 02:03
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Quote:

1) I've been saying that since I actually listened to them.
2) they did. it didn't help. their music is still horridly written, and now we have one less thing to blame it on. I'll call it even and we'll just say they are ugly 40 year olds from Iowa.
3) no, because then they'd be posers trying to be something they aren't. at least they are playing what comes out in their writing.
4) they've got the skill. i guess its the point that its not really worth showing it.

Awesome.

Old 2005-08-21, 02:06
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holland
The only real problem I have with this band is that they try to pass themselves off as "brutal".

And that's aside from their personalities. Sueing Burger King does'nt help their trying to insist that they are indeed legitimate and relevant in the metal world.

DTL is brutal. My writing puts these guys to shame (not Angels over Hiroshima. I don't feel like having to whore someone for that).

Suing anyone takes the "Metal" right out of your band description. That is, unless its justified (like someone stole your music, or some bullshit, blah blah blah, you get it). The image thing is a generalization about "nu" music these days. Anyone who knows music can pick that one out. And this proves that they wouldn't know music if it bit them in the arse and introduced themselves as Victoria.

(john should get the last comment)

Awesome.

Old 2005-08-21, 03:06
far_beyond_sane
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Been sick for a few days. I hate being sick. Cherry-picked some good quotes which sum up all this hideous theatre of dicklessness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Several People
This is the work of pros, man. It's marketing genius is what it is. While the tr00 slipknot fans will probably get turned off by this, the mainstream media and audiences will embrace it and caress it like a little baby.

There's like maybe three riffs in the whole song, andoneof 'em consists of just picking the top string open, sounding really gay.

kinda sounds like creed just not as hard-core.....

In every fucking line in the lyrics he says "I/Im/you or whatever", he has nothing else to sing about but his gay ass child raping self, or his wannabe metalhead fans and listeners.

Fucking 9 members to play cheesey ass power chord proggretions in like Bb tuning and 4 of them just stand there, doing nothing and try to headbang.

I don't mind bands making assloads of money off music, I'm just pissed that infinitely better musicians get to rot in poverty.

Well, well, well. If they weren't nu-metal before, they most certainly are now.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2005-08-21, 04:25
John Holland
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissection
(john should get the last comment)

*takes deep breath*

It does piss me off that in every guitar/music magazine I read, Slipknot describes their music as unspeakably heavy/brutal/whatnot , and they've been marketed so much that many people think that this is as extreme/abstract/edgy as metal can get on recording. And in that effect, Slipknot has done a terrible disservice to the listening public. Roadrunner is partly to blame, of course ( look at what they're trying to do to Opeth, and what they did do to Fear Factory ). I suppose in the end exposure is just more important to these people.

Old 2005-08-21, 10:57
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones

Just for the record, what is RR doing to Opeth again?
Remember they did record their album BEFORE the signed.
Why would you sig that?

Old 2005-08-21, 17:38
i_hate_nu_metal
Supreme Metalhead

Dude, fucking Slipcunt has been on the cover of either Metal Edge, (I think that title has taken on a sarcastic meaning nowadays), Revolver or Shit Parader magazine for a fucking year straight. Every time there's an issue with some kind of metal related list, one of those fuckers is on the cover, larger than life, compared to Ozzy, Metallica, and Megadeth, who combined take up less space in that pic than Corey Taylor's fucking head.
I have grown disgusted with these fuckers beyond any measurable extent. I actually thought their last album was halfway decent, but all this media whoring they've been doing lately has really turned me off.

Old 2005-08-21, 20:01
Dahmers Fridge
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
HOLY SHIT, Dave Mustaine did someting different, he came a christian. and for that he was shuned by a lot of people. anathrax tries febely to make money by making a song with a rap group and everyone is applading. they made money because rather than i'm the man being played on the metal station, it was played on the rap and metal station.

think about it! doing a song with a rap group is not metal! shit, i feal like im taking crazy pills here!

dude, the first metal band i was into was metallica, ive never worn any of their (or any others bands) merch other than a t-shirt mabye a normal hat, i never liked slipknot or anyother goth band for that matter.

PS. overkill will blow your socks of.

Nor is doing a rap song with a metal band called rap that's why it's called cross over Anthrax did that song nearly 20 years ago way before others thought it would be 'cool'. Broaden your horizons! In the UK I'm The Man was not played on any radio! Plus the Public Enemy collaboration was 'Bring The Noise' which as it was already a Public Enemy track I guess it constitutes as a cover version and that recieved no radio air play in the UK!

Dave Mustaine gets shuned for a lot of reasons, mostly because he opens his mouth and spouts ill informed spoilt brat rants at others. Being Christian and in a metal band is nothing new, Trouble were doing it for years!

Mmmm Metallica was your first band eh? Doubt Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets was the first album you heard? Bet it was Load or the Black album or one of the other pub rock ones from the 90's

PS Overkill are pretty cool but they are by no stretch of the imagination a 'new' band that will blow our socks off!

Old 2005-08-23, 12:39
\m/Eat At Joe's\m/
Metalhead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holland
*takes deep breath*

It does piss me off that in every guitar/music magazine I read, Slipknot describes their music as unspeakably heavy/brutal/whatnot , and they've been marketed so much that many people think that this is as extreme/abstract/edgy as metal can get on recording. And in that effect, Slipknot has done a terrible disservice to the listening public. Roadrunner is partly to blame, of course ( look at what they're trying to do to Opeth, and what they did do to Fear Factory ). I suppose in the end exposure is just more important to these people.

I agree. They say "our music is the heaviest" and magazines believe them. Total Guitar magazine is the worst. Slipknot were described as being "the foulest, mankiest metal" and as being unspeakably brutal. Hell, ,that magazine thinks that Slayer, Slpiknot and Megadeth are the most brutal bands on the planet. It's laughable. Read an issue. You'll see what I mean. Worst thing is, the mainstream audience beleives this pathetic tripe.

Old 2005-08-23, 12:53
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones

Total Guitar? Yeah, i've read it. We have such a total lack of guitar magazines in Holland that we have to import shitty ones.

I've read a few.. god, it's like their interviewing some Blink182/mallcore whatever band, and their writing as if their songs are so complicated, with like 4 chords or something. It's realy funny, for a guitar magazine
Why would you sig that?

Old 2005-08-23, 12:54
humancorpse
Post-whore

Yeah, it`s crazy how guitar magazines salutes slipknot. I mean, even if you like them, you can`t really say they`re musically talented, especially not when it comes to guitar. Of course, I don`t know how well they play their instruments off stages, but their songs makes me think they have no song writing capabillities at all. The point is, guitar magz should feature people who knows how to play, not talentless people that think their brutal.

Old 2005-08-23, 20:48
Insomnium
Senior Metalhead

Quote:

You used to defend Slipknot repeatedly. Your icon used to be Mick Thompson's mask....

Stupid twat.

Old 2005-08-24, 15:27
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
Yeah, it`s crazy how guitar magazines salutes slipknot. I mean, even if you like them, you can`t really say they`re musically talented, especially not when it comes to guitar. Of course, I don`t know how well they play their instruments off stages, but their songs makes me think they have no song writing capabillities at all. The point is, guitar magz should feature people who knows how to play, not talentless people that think their brutal.

Total Guitar did a feature with Mick Thompson on shredding techniques, including sweep picking. He used to be a guitar teacher.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2005-08-24, 15:36
humancorpse
Post-whore

Seriously? Well, if he used to be a guitar teacher, I suppose he actually are able to play the guitar pretty well, which brings me to the question: what the hell is he doing in slipknot?!?! Off course, you don`t neceserally allways have to play the most complicated shit you are capable of, but seriusly. it`s slipknot we are talking about.

Old 2005-08-24, 15:38
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
Seriously? Well, if he used to be a guitar teacher, I suppose he actually are able to play the guitar pretty well, which brings me to the question: what the hell is he doing in slipknot?!?! Off course, you don`t neceserally allways have to play the most complicated shit you are capable of, but seriusly. it`s slipknot we are talking about.

Money? Fame? Buxom groupies with thick, rouged lips? Who knows?

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2005-08-24, 15:47
humancorpse
Post-whore

yeah yeah i know. I just can`t get over how a guy who apperently loves suffocation and immolation would ever want to be part of such a band. But as you said, i guess he is in it for the fame and the other shit that follows with it.

Old 2005-08-24, 16:35
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
Money? Fame? Buxom groupies with thick, rouged lips? Who knows?

all three, i assume.

Old 2005-08-25, 17:17
Panda
Senior Metalhead

i laughed my ass of reading this thread. hell ... what the fuck is wrong you guys? everyone plays the music he wants to. stop claming bands which have success with their music because you fucking retards will never reach what they did. its ok not to like bands but stop that fucking "true" and "untrue" shit or this "underground" and "comercial" shit. it seems you should all listen to us rap music and discuss how true 50 cent is and how fucking lame nelly is. die retards!
and to the technical aspect. i dislike slipknot having 9 people to play their stuff but i have to admit that their new records kicks some seriouis ass. just my opinion ....but i think slipknots old records suck and they made a huge step with their new one musically and technically. i have never seen a band grow so fast in such a short period of time and change their whole concept wihtout losing their identity. half of you guys cant even play that slipknot stuff.
i know i keep defending a band i dont even like but i had to give my opinion to that one because all fucking kiddies that listen to uber underground death and blackmetalbands who never sold one record( not intresting if they really like the bands... Just pretend it to be cool!) and that have goldy instrumental skills and played infront of 70000 people a billion times in a band which consits of 2 members (eachone playing 3 instruments at the same time) had to post their brainless GAY MEDIA!!!!!111 SKLIPKNOT WAS ONCE TRUE AND NOW SELLS RECORDS OMFG!!!!!1111 comments here.

and i will out myself: i play and instrument to get famous one time (even if it wont work ) ... OMFG i listen to nickelback and mellow stuff as well and i like "before i forget" thats why im:

1) retard
2) bad musician
3) skilless guitar player
4) money loving ass licker
5) not able to play in a "heavy" band

i can promise you everyone whos sees his own arguments in my comment will never be able to be a decent musician. youre just close minded.

BRAIN=THX

(wow long post )

Old 2005-08-25, 18:00
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda
rant rant rant

that was besides the point. the point was that Slipknot, Inc is sueing people for "stealing their identity", while neither their music is very original, nor is wearing angsty masks very creative either.
Why would you sig that?

Old 2005-08-25, 18:22
low-tech
Post-whore

there is a huge difference between bands that are underground and those that are commercial, some bands rise in fame from a more DIY background, others are well connected and get signed even tho they have never toured or released anything. i dont know much about slipnot but its hard to book your own shows,go out there with little promo and NO tour support and do, you kow, 50 show tours and shit. but signed bands get flown everywhere, its not even the same thing, they get pampered, the music they do is easy etc. im too jaded against this nu-metal arena rock shit, most of them never worked thier way up, cant manage thier own affairs with the band without personnel, its all weak.

about never reaching where they have is a joke, that shit is so far overrated and everyone knows it, im just happy to tour in a band. straight DIY. havent done it in a few years but thru my early 20's i did extensively. the money and fame thing is way over my head. it wouldnt be such a challenge, no real sense of adventure. the whole money and groupies thing is what most people have in mind<why they fuggin play music in the first place>.......where im comming from is" hope we got enough gas money to get to the next city and hopefully noone kills us after the show". my main point is you dont have to "get" anywhere. its all there, you can do it yourself, release records, tour, make your own merch. theres been a whole scene for this thats been around for like 25 years or so. old blues and jazz musicians did the same shit back in the day. i think metal is better off for being kind of marginal, same with hardcore and punk

edit: sorry to get completely off topic and rant but my response is to panda, which i dont mean as a "fuck you" but i just cant sympathize with this trendy nu-metal bands at all for thier lawsuits and grievences

Last edited by low-tech : 2005-08-25 at 18:31.

Old 2005-08-25, 20:01
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda
GAY MEDIA!!!!!111 SKLIPKNOT WAS ONCE TRUE AND NOW SELLS RECORDS OMFG!!!!!1111

DUD, SLIPKNOTZ WAZ NEVER TR00 TO BEGIN WITH!!!1!!

on a more serious note, you're retarded.

Old 2005-08-26, 02:04
Panda
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Ton Alien
DUD, SLIPKNOTZ WAZ NEVER TR00 TO BEGIN WITH!!!1!!

on a more serious note, you're retarded.

you didnt understand anything of my post did you ?

Old 2005-08-26, 13:26
IRON90
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomnium
You used to defend Slipknot repeatedly. Your icon used to be Mick Thompson's mask....

Stupid twat.

Okay....it's true that i used to have Mick's mask as my avatar but i've never really cared about defending them cos i knew from the beginning that everybody here hated them. And what i said about making them a better band, sorry about that, i don't know what i was thinking.

Old 2005-08-28, 00:29
HermanRi!
Post-whore

before you lot say that mick cant play, download this tab, try playing the solo, then try saying that he cant play again.
Attached Files
File Type: ptb slipknot-pulse_of_the_maggots.ptb (18.7 KB, 111 views)

Old 2005-08-28, 00:34
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
Okay....it's true that i used to have Mick's mask as my avatar but i've never really cared about defending them cos i knew from the beginning that everybody here hated them. And what i said about making them a better band, sorry about that, i don't know what i was thinking.

your such a dickhead, its blatently obvious that you;ve suddenly started hating them becuase of peer presure.

not long ago you pm'ed this to me:

Hey man. You like Slipknot, right? Which song(s) is the best one(s)? And BTW have you seen Mick Thomsons pre sets(Snarl, meat and cheese i think). Hope you answer soon(hope you'll answer at all lol).

its fine if you hate them because your taste has changed, but your a fuckin dickless prick if you start hating a band just coz everyone else hates em.

Old 2005-08-28, 02:04
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Well, I still don't see why this fucking thread was started.

If Slipknot came up to me and said, "Milo, you are in the band." I'd be like "Fuck yeah!".

I have never liked Slipknot, I dislike their music, it's like heavy rap. I think it's a really fucking gay band. But if they told me I'm the tenth member, I'd be happy cos I'd be making money, and alot of money too. That's why Mick's in the band even though he loves Immo and Suffo supposedly.

Old 2005-08-28, 02:37
HermanRi!
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
But if they told me I'm the tenth member, I'd be happy cos I'd be making money, and alot of money too. That's why Mick's in the band even though he loves Immo and Suffo supposedly.

well that would be called selling out

Old 2005-08-28, 02:44
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Keep in mind I hang in malls almost every day and I wear coloured clothes.

If it were Linkin Park or SOAD I'd do the same thing. When my times up in that band I'd have plenty of cash to do whatever the fuck I want, start a DM band and get signed for instance.

Old 2005-08-28, 08:18
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

Noone ever said Mick can't play. He can. It's actually a well know fact that he's an accomplished guitarist and that he used to be a guitar teacher.... fact remains: Slipknot sucks.

Old 2005-08-28, 08:22
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

Quote:
Originally Posted by User01
well that would be called selling out

Who the fuck cares. We all need money. Some of us make it by working our asses off at Pizza Hut, some make it by playing shitty music that they hardly enjoy.

Listen to Slipknot, and try to listen to ONLY the guitars. Its really not that bad sometimes.