Necro_Butcher
Post-whore

yeah, be more XposiX Dislexic

Old 2005-03-03, 22:54
JerryP
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdislexicx
if you were right about this, i wouldnt argue, i'd agree.

we all know you're mr. hotshot peavey mod guy... it's cool, you do your thing and you get alot of respect for it. but you don't need to bring that up because it's not important in this thread right now..

facts are facts. you of all people then should know what 5150's were going for several months ago. ask bls, and anyone else looking into them at the time. find some of the old threads suggesting 5150's to kids wanting awesome high gain tube amps for a good price... some ebay links were included... the prices were under $600. sorry, but that's the real world.

you don't know me, please don't pass judgement. you come in here and expect me to treat your word as law just because you're practically famous for your work with peavey stuff? i'm no well respected tech, but i know a thing or two aswell. please don't act like you're superior. we're all just gear nerds hanging around here. and if someone is right, don't argue with it.

First off, I'm a nobody, I can be just as much an asshole as the next guy, maybe bigger, I have a big mouth. I have said plenty of things that turned out to be wrong, I'm man enough to admit it when I stick my foot in my mouth. The fact that I mod Peavey amps has nothing to do with the way you're flip flopping like a fish out of water on here.

You seem to be lumping 5150 heads, combo's and 5150II's into one price range here. The 5150 heads have been going for $500-600 (average) for a while now. I never said there wasn't better deals out there somewhere.

Go back and re-read your first post on this thread. You told John he got ripped off for buying a combo for that much, negative right from the start. Combo's generally go for more than heads.

Then you jump on my ass cause I think the MS cab sucks. That's my opinion, you're entitled to yours.

Then he says he bought a new 5150II for $699 and you make it sound like he paid too much again only to admit a few posts down that they were going for $750 new during the MF blowout. $699 is a damn good price for a new 5150II. Normal price was like $989 or somewhere around there.

Figure out which side of your ass you wanna talk out of and then stick to it.
JerryP
Regular Old Forum Jerk

Old 2005-03-03, 23:23
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Ouch. Gear-nerds, calm down.

Old 2005-03-04, 00:04
John Holland
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

I'm with Blizzard Beast :

While I've learned a great deal about my amplifier, this has gotten pretty virulent. A truce needs to be called.

Old 2005-03-04, 00:50
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Look what you've done XDX... your making Jerry mad.. and when Jerry's mad I get sad

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2005-03-04, 00:52
Necro_Butcher
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holland
I'm with Blizzard Beast :

While I've learned a great deal about my amplifier, this has gotten pretty virulent. A truce needs to be called.

yeah lets all have a beer and chill the fuck out

Old 2005-03-04, 01:35
John Holland
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necro_Butcher
yeah lets all have a beer and chill the fuck out

*hands beers out to everyone*

NOW DRINK THEM YOU DIRTY BASTARDS !!!!!!!!!

Old 2005-03-04, 01:44
Silent Night 6 6
Post-whore

How much are the 6505's, they're the same as the 5150's right?

Old 2005-03-04, 02:00
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

They arent out yet so know one knows. But yes they are exactly the same as the 5150... and yes, Peavey has said that the 6506 will be cheaper.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2005-03-04, 02:10
John Holland
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
They arent out yet so know one knows. But yes they are exactly the same as the 5150... and yes, Peavey has said that the 6506 will be cheaper.

I thought it was the 6505 ... is the 6506 like the 5150II or what? I'm confused

Old 2005-03-04, 02:14
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

I hit the 6 accidentally..

6505 = 5150
6505+ = 5150II

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2005-03-04, 02:19
John Holland
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
I hit the 6 accidentally..

6505 = 5150
6505+ = 5150II

Oh, ok. Thanks

Old 2005-03-04, 02:43
Silent Night 6 6
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS

Sweet, I'm looking to buy a head later on when I have the money, I like the tone that a lot of bands get by using them. I'm just worried about the cleans since everyone seems to say that's one thing that sucks.

Old 2005-03-04, 02:52
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

The cleans are usable, and after the biad mod their very usable.. just dont expect fender clean. I mean you are using a distorted channel to get clean tones after all..

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2005-03-04, 04:08
John Holland
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
The cleans are usable, and after the biad mod their very usable.. just dont expect fender clean. I mean you are using a distorted channel to get clean tones after all..

Its so absurd when people complain their 5150 won't sound like a Fender. When will a Fender ever sound like a 5150?

Basically, turn the bass to 8, cut the mid to 1 and the treble to 3 and roll back your guitar volume, adjust the gain to give as little grit as possible and you have a fairly clean, but very toneful sound. At least this is how I do it.

Old 2005-03-04, 07:02
xdislexicx
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryP
First off, I'm a nobody, I can be just as much an asshole as the next guy, maybe bigger, I have a big mouth. I have said plenty of things that turned out to be wrong, I'm man enough to admit it when I stick my foot in my mouth. The fact that I mod Peavey amps has nothing to do with the way you're flip flopping like a fish out of water on here.

here you go again, without a leg to stand on...

what's all this "i know a thing or two about peavey"? whether you admit it or not, you're a well known and well respected man for what you do. and when you tie lines like that into a conversation having nothing to do with it, it just makes it seem like you trying to say you'd know more than me just because of what you do.

Quote:
You seem to be lumping 5150 heads, combo's and 5150II's into one price range here. The 5150 heads have been going for $500-600 (average) for a while now. I never said there wasn't better deals out there somewhere.

well, they were pretty much in one big price range. back when they were new and the whole evh thing wasnt really an issue, they were all pretty close in cost, the 5150, 5150 II, and the 5150 combo were all in the $900-$1,000-ish range. and their used prices were fairly close as well.

oh, so now you're saying they've been going for $500-600 for a while now? that's what i've been saying this whole time, so don't give me this "figure out which side of your ass you wanna talk out of" line. because just a few threads back you were just saying my buddy was only lucky to get his for like $500. it was a good deal, yes, but alsp a pretty common good deal.

this whole thing was over how i saw a 5150 on ebay for $820 with several bids on it. and i thought it was just ridiculous. and i tried using even simply logic as to why it was ridiculous and i didn't think it would last.

Quote:
Go back and re-read your first post on this thread. You told John he got ripped off for buying a combo for that much, negative right from the start. Combo's generally go for more than heads.

i guess it's my turn to say "i call them how i see them"... sorry... but $700 is a bit much even for the combo.. maybe not now with the insane prices these pirates are jumping on. but what they should go for(or i guess i should say "did go for") was like $500-600-ish, just like the heads..

Quote:
Then you jump on my ass cause I think the MS cab sucks. That's my opinion, you're entitled to yours.

c'mon, "worst cab ever next to the behringer ultra stack"... you're the only person i know that has ever even talked bad on them.. and i've played many cabs... costing more and that sounded worse.

and i was the one who said everyone has opinions. i was just pointing out that i felt yours was to harsh.

Quote:
Then he says he bought a new 5150II for $699 and you make it sound like he paid too much again only to admit a few posts down that they were going for $750 new during the MF blowout. $699 is a damn good price for a new 5150II. Normal price was like $989 or somewhere around there.

no no no, read it.
Quote:
$700 for just the head? i guess since it's new then that's not to bad.

i'm a firm beleiver in buying used gear alot because it saves money... normally when people say "that's not to bad", it's a good thing.

Quote:
Figure out which side of your ass you wanna talk out of and then stick to it.
JerryP
Regular Old Forum Jerk

don't let your pride get in the way... just let it go. and please quit with the failing attempts to make it look like my opinions change.

it's just the "i don't really have a leg to stand on so i'll just try and make it look like you change your opinions alot so people will respect my opinion even more" thing.

xdx
-THA BOSSINATOR!!!!!11(for you necro)

Old 2005-03-04, 07:07
xdislexicx
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Its so absurd when people complain their 5150 won't sound like a Fender. When will a Fender ever sound like a 5150?

Basically, turn the bass to 8, cut the mid to 1 and the treble to 3 and roll back your guitar volume, adjust the gain to give as little grit as possible and you have a fairly clean, but very toneful sound. At least this is how I do it.

well, it makes sense that the 5150's cleans arent exactly prestine... what, with not even having a clean channel at all. it's a crunch channel and a lead channel... the crunch channel can just be mellowed out a bit and made a bit more tame.

and with the 5150 II you have separate eq's for each channel making it easier to get a good clean channel without sacrificing your distortion.

Old 2005-03-04, 09:25
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones

Quote:

I have an $150 strat copy, and I just can't seem to get it sound like an $2000 Jackson guitar
Originally Posted by Requiem
Why would you sig that?
Why not? Why would you sig me saying that I hate you? I was serious there, too.

I'm in despair! The internet has left me in despair!

Old 2005-03-04, 14:13
JerryP
Metalhead

Quote:
*hands beers out to everyone*

NOW DRINK THEM YOU DIRTY BASTARDS !!!!!!!!!

It's kinda early but what the hell, gimme one. This guy don't get it.
Jerry

Old 2005-03-04, 16:58
xdislexicx
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Quote:
This guy don't get it.
Jerry

I don't get it? have another swirl!

Old 2005-03-04, 18:35
DEAD
Post-whore

xdx, because of what he does, heavy work with 5150s, chances are he does know more than you. An amp tech is going to know more than a gear head about amps, especially if he specializes in a particular one.
Comforting silence

Old 2005-03-04, 19:27
xdislexicx
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAD
xdx, because of what he does, heavy work with 5150s, chances are he does know more than you. An amp tech is going to know more than a gear head about amps, especially if he specializes in a particular one.

you must not have read any of the arguement. so please, read it before you make another stupid comment.

of course he knows more about 5150's, technically, because that's what he does, mod 5150's... he's fucking great at it too.. good for him.

but this was about prices. it's not rocket science, hell, it's not even as hard as modding an amp. it's looking at price tags and reading the damn numbers.

i was right, and for some reason he felt the urge to argue with me about it. and now all of a sudden he's changed his mind and decided rather than factual comebacks about me being wrong, he changes what he's saying, so now he's saying what i was saying at the begining, and then accuses me of changing my mind about things(when i did no such thing at any point.) and then he has the nerve say that I'M THE ONE WHO LIKES TO ARGUE. why? probably because i'm right and he can't prove me wrong.

it's not a hard subject. anyone with half a brain cell should be able to see my point...

Old 2005-03-04, 19:37
Kylito
Supreme Metalhead

I'll agree with xdx on that note. I'm a component level tech and test engineer and can fix damn near anything, but I don't know shit about prices. I've never even known the prices of the equipment my employers manufactured. All I know know is, I fix the goddamn things and if it's a customer return the company charges their ass $200 no matter how long I worked on it or what was wrong with it. But Jerry does seem to follow prices...

Old 2005-03-04, 21:05
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
I don't get it? have another swirl!

No. have another beer Jerry.

face it, you like to argue. and this is going absolutely nowhere so I'm ending it RIGHT HERE.

if you like to argue some more about prices, PM Jerry and pick it up there, arguing over prices and shit over the internet is retarded. nobody really gives a fucking damn.

Now shut up.