MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands

Old 2005-03-28, 16:40
MoonRaven
Lo, they do call to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodredthrone
Good, I fucking hate you. You're an idiot, and your music sucks. I'm a pompous asshole and I love pissing you off. So fuck off meat suckers. I'll waste my time here if I god damn please. It's so easy and fun to piss off opeth fans that I think I'll keep doing it. If i wanted to go rant about opeth to people who already hate them, than what would be the point? You're all so quick to anger that it's like playing a sick game, where I always win. You can say what you want, I don't really care at all, it just lets me know how effective I am.

manhole pounding???

opeth kills, seen em live, rock my socks.

Old 2005-03-29, 11:34
Kylito
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Yah, good one.
I have all there albums, they are allright. They aren't super fucking geniuses, and I never listened to them for brutality. I appreciate damnation more than most of thier albums actually, but you can make assumptions about those whose opinions differ from your own if you wish. Because that's all I stated, an opinion. It's interesting to see how quickly the Opeth fans unite to defend thier band. You figure if thier band was really good they wouldn't feel it necessary to defend it, but then again all that was stated were petty insults that lacked meaning. Try again.

Go ahead and say whatever you want about them. As long as you keep buying their albums then I'm happy and Opeth is happy. I personally think Damnation totally blows, but I still own it. As far as their live performance is concerned, it sounds like your friends convinced you that it sucked, so maybe next time you shouldn't bring them along to bum you out. And if you could hear your friends talking about whether or not they should leave, then you weren't close enough to the speakers.

Old 2005-03-29, 23:12
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

weird thing me and my friends were talkin about...what if opeth use distorted guitars on damnation...dont you think it would sound like "opeth"...

Old 2005-03-30, 00:46
Silent Night 6 6
Post-whore

I mean yeah, some of the stuff was distorted, even though it didn't really sound like avg. Opeth.

Old 2005-03-30, 05:59
Silent Night 6 6
Post-whore

Shit I think they've planned their summer U.S. tour according to their website. And dammit, they're going to all these random places.

Old 2005-03-31, 03:09
bloodredthrone
Senior Metalhead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylito
As far as their live performance is concerned, it sounds like your friends convinced you that it sucked, so maybe next time you shouldn't bring them along to bum you out. And if you could hear your friends talking about whether or not they should leave, then you weren't close enough to the speakers.

Wow, what made you make that assumption? I just plain out thought they sucked, sorry if it hurts you. But you're fine, I don't care, you aren't spewing venomous insults at me because I don't like them, just making a silly assumption. I've been attacked the day I freaking got here, that's why I rarely come around. Only occasionally to get feed back on a metal song, or when I'm completely wired off something. But you've instilled your venom, and so have I. If you want me to like your shitty band, than why don't you elaborate at all on why they are so good. Is it the guitar solos? I mean I've heard a million of those. Is it complex drumming? What metal band doesn't have complex drumming? Is it the acid rock influence, and the mixture of clean vocals? It's not actually that cool. Or maybe it was thier terrible Celtic Frost cover. I honestly don't know, but I'm constantly baffled as to why so many people like them. Maybe it's people like you that ruined the band, the fucking fan boys trying to tell me that Opeth is the most talented band of all time, and anyone who has another opinion is gay and doesn't have a girl friend. Guess what numb nuts, look how MANY posts you have. I have less than 75 and I've been here for a fucking year. It's pretty fucking clear I don't post all the time. There's a reason those with 1000+ posts were dubbed post whores. All they do is post one line nonesense after every response on every thread. Well it's fucking bullshit. And what about my attention span? have you measured it lately? I'm pretty sure that just because I don't like opeth doesn't mean i have a terrible attention span. But with your 2500 posts, you must be wiser than me, maybe you have some sort of secret you learned off of the latest opeth cd, "how to be borring and measure people's attention span". Thier songs aren't even that long, alot of good metal songs are actually just as long or longer. But length has never equated to brilliance, or talent. I'm sick of you idiots thinking that it's alright to just totally shit on me for no reason. It's not even remotely clever ever. So now that you've tried to ruin my experience here, let me sink to your level as I did when posting my opeth rants. There are cooler people here than you guys, and frankly if I get banned for voicing my complaints than so be it. There are a billion forums just like this, but none of them are really better so I'd actually like to stay here. However, when one is forced to take action against abuse, they must also face the consequences if there happen to be any.

Last edited by bloodredthrone : 2005-03-31 at 03:16.

Old 2005-03-31, 04:02
far_beyond_sane
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Jesus Manbeef Hammering Christ, will y'all fucking knock it off! The man is entitled to say Opeth fuck pigs at Christmas if he wants. Can't we argue slightly more nicely? Just a little?

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2005-03-31, 04:06
far_beyond_sane
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonRaven
I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU, I WILL GO TO YOUR HOUSE, RAPE YOU, RAPE ANYONE ELSE IN THE HOUSE, KILL THEM, WRAP THEM IN DUCT TAPE, RAPE THEM AGAIN, IN FRONT OF YOU, RAPE YOU AGAIN, CUT YOUR NIPPLES OFF, CRUSH YOUR TESTICLES WITH A Q-TIP, RAPE YOU AGAIN, KILL YOU, RAPE YOU AGAIN, THEN WATCH CARTOONS ON YOUR TV, RUMMAGE THRU YOUR FRIDGE, YET ANOTHER GOOD RAPING, A BIT OFF WANKERY IN YOUR COAT CLOSET, THEN I WILL HANG YOU WITH A BLANKET FROM A VERY LOW TREE. CUNT

This is so unnecessary it beggars belief. How about not doing it?

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2005-03-31, 07:16
Silent Night 6 6
Post-whore

Yeah, I was trying to talk about their touring, cuz I think they've decided the dates for their summer US tour, but you guys just had to be little bitches and try to flame each other with posts that are as long as the fucking Bible . Anyways on their tour, it seems they're mostly doing the east coast area and the nearest they come to the west is Texas.

Old 2005-03-31, 09:27
Kylito
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
(Endless amounts of over the top stuff)

Relax dude. I was offering a simple theory, not an assumption. I've been bummed out at shows by friends of mine in the past, hence my theory... It was my fault for inviting them to see a band that I was really into and they didn't give a shit about.

Old 2005-03-31, 13:20
MoonRaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Night 6 6
Yeah, I was trying to talk about their touring, cuz I think they've decided the dates for their summer US tour, but you guys just had to be little bitches and try to flame each other with posts that are as long as the fucking Bible . Anyways on their tour, it seems they're mostly doing the east coast area and the nearest they come to the west is Texas.

thats just what dates they have right now, more will be added

Old 2005-04-02, 15:29
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

is it up on the cite yet

Old 2005-04-02, 15:49
MoonRaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbifoodslicer
is it up on the cite yet

there are a few new dates up, but that is just with the "sounds from the underground" tour, i expect they will do their own tour during the later part of summer/early fall OR after the release of the new album

Old 2005-04-02, 18:33
Silent Night 6 6
Post-whore

They fucking better come near the west coast too.

Old 2005-04-02, 22:14
BlackRoseImmortal
Senior Metalhead

I like Opeth, I like discussing Opeth occasionally. bloodredthrone - you have valid points, but you forget that people posting on a thread about a popular metal band will tend to be annoyed if you talk shit about that band, especially when it's obvious you have no clear reason to actually hate them or their fans.

Let's hope they come to England in 2005.

Old 2005-04-03, 09:56
Silent Night 6 6
Post-whore

No bitch, they even made their DVD at ur place so shut up . They need to come here, like HOB Anaheim .

Old 2005-04-03, 17:52
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

no there comin right here to chicago...

Old 2005-04-03, 18:08
guitar_demon
MotörCat

how do you know? have they posted dates??
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!

Old 2005-04-03, 18:21
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Sounds of the Underground people.. Opeth just happens to be playing

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2005-04-03, 19:22
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar_demon
how do you know? have they posted dates??

no im just givin silent night shit...

Old 2005-04-04, 03:59
MoonRaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
This is so unnecessary it beggars belief. How about not doing it?

Yeah, when i wrote, it sounded good.
Looking back on it, it was rather retarded.
Sorry about that, FBS, won't happen again