MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands

Old 2005-01-09, 00:51
Crimson Thought
Metalhead

Scary bands

Sometimes when I'm really fucking bored I go about and read some ghost stories if i've got nothing better to do. I'll turn off the lights and put on some metal and try to freak myself out, thing is, most of my metal collection is thrash, death and grind.

I'm looking for some reccommended bands that have a scare factor to them. I recently bought Sadis Euphoria, and they're not * scary * but have their freaky moments.
any suggestions? any black metal is especially welcome. plus im just looking for some damn good scary music

A vomit-type substance is formed from its innards
A festering slime that revels inside

The substance erupts and its stomach bursts open
Forced down your throat to regurgitate life

Old 2005-01-09, 01:04
Knight
Senior Metalhead
Banned

Ummmmmm, Cattle Decapitation?

Old 2005-01-09, 01:09
guitar_demon
MotörCat

odd pasttime ya got
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!

Old 2005-01-09, 01:22
Frozen Soul
Senior Metalhead
Banned

This is gonna be hard, Watain is especially dark but not really scary. Mutiilation may not really be scary either, and same goes for Vlad Tepes. They kick ass but they are more dark rather than scary.

Download Sargeist. I think you maybe on to something, no metal has really scared me before. I would like to have a band so evil sounding it was actually frightening.

Old 2005-01-09, 01:35
The Execrator
Noob lud

The only band that scares me is Pig Destroyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2005-01-09, 01:47
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

The only kind of music that ever creeped me out is anything on the Silent Hill 3 soundtrack. Or you could try 3.0.I.F, Fay Wray Come Out to Play, and Dark Side of the Womb on Type O Negative's Bloody Kisses. Even though its not really music, those tracks kinda give me the creeps.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

“I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'.” - Early Cuyler

Old 2005-01-09, 02:06
Seasons in the Abyss
Metalhead

I must say, most death/black metal can be scary if your high sometimes. But if that's not your cup of tea, I say you'll have to search long and hard to find something best fitting to yourself. I really want to recommend a band, but I just get used to the type of music I listen to, so you may need a variety of different sounding music.

Old 2005-01-09, 02:20
Pandemonium
Post-whore
Banned

One time when I did mushrooms a few years ago, Gateways to Annhilation scared the shit of of me. What a fucking idiot I was. I was seeing white faces in the dark and I decide to put on some Morbid Angel.

Last edited by Pandemonium : 2005-01-09 at 16:07.

Old 2005-01-09, 03:19
The Execrator
Noob lud

That album has some of the fastest double bass known to man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2005-01-09, 03:21
guitar_demon
MotörCat

well duh its fucking 8-arm pete!
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!

Old 2005-01-09, 03:29
Transient
HES BAAACK

hahah pete sandoval

the commando

insane

that is really a hell of a passtime you have

blut aus nord is disturbingly dischordant. mr varg vikernes can scream in the most frightning way .... i HOPE youve heard burzum? get tracks from burzum/aske and hvis lyset tar oss. that should be good for your weird hobby

gore metal can be creepy too

Old 2005-01-09, 03:35
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Just record your self talking about random things for an hour. Play it backwards. It sounds scurry!!!!

Old 2005-01-09, 03:49
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

I find drugs + Wormed a rather chaotic combination.

Old 2005-01-09, 03:59
MoonRaven
Lo, they do call to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOwnSavior
The only kind of music that ever creeped me out is anything on the Silent Hill 3 soundtrack. Or you could try 3.0.I.F, Fay Wray Come Out to Play, and Dark Side of the Womb on Type O Negative's Bloody Kisses. Even though its not really music, those tracks kinda give me the creeps.

they scared the shit out of me, i feel asleep listening to world coming down, and the one where the girl picks up the phone, and the guyish voice screams into the other end woke me up, i jumped like 2-3 inches off of my bed, and screamed like a little girl, good times...
ive also found that cradle of filth's - dinner at deviant's palace to be pretty creepy.

Old 2005-01-09, 03:59
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Scary = Final Doom soundtrack

Old 2005-01-09, 04:48
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Limbodic Art has some pretty scary stuff.

My real recommendation is Cephalic Carnage's Halls of Amenti.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2005-01-09, 04:50
andrewc
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Thought
Sometimes when I'm really fucking bored I go about and read some ghost stories if i've got nothing better to do. I'll turn off the lights and put on some metal and try to freak myself out, thing is, most of my metal collection is thrash, death and grind.

I'm looking for some reccommended bands that have a scare factor to them. I recently bought Sadis Euphoria, and they're not * scary * but have their freaky moments.
any suggestions? any black metal is especially welcome. plus im just looking for some damn good scary music

if you're looking for some scary music, YOU NEED MORTICIAN. before anybody cracks smart-arse jokes about their music being so bad it's scary, i mean their horror movie intros are scary (at least the first couple of times around) and as transient said, go and buy burzum/aske, and throw on the opening track, it took me about 10 listens to get used to varg's vocals and they still bug me a little bit.

also, on at the gates "slaughter of the soul," download a track called "the flames of the end." it's a horror soundtrack song. hope that all helps

Old 2005-01-09, 05:05
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonRaven
they scared the shit out of me, i feel asleep listening to world coming down, and the one where the girl picks up the phone, and the guyish voice screams into the other end woke me up, i jumped like 2-3 inches off of my bed, and screamed like a little girl, good times...
ive also found that cradle of filth's - dinner at deviant's palace to be pretty creepy.
I remember listening to Lung on World Coming Down in the dark while I drunk and half asleep. The part where you here the heart monitor beeping and the little girl singing Ring Around the Rosie freaked me out pretty bad.

Also I found a site were it played Dinner at Deviant's Place backwards. Its a little girl saying the lord's prayer. What is it about little children that is so damn creepy?
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

“I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'.” - Early Cuyler

Old 2005-01-09, 05:08
THEdude
New Blood

need some scary tunes dig through the hold heavy metal and look up aphrodites child , iron butterfly and mahogany-rush some of there stuff might work or if all else fails try a couple of hits of acid

Old 2005-01-09, 09:22
Anubis
Supreme Metalhead

Well, I can't thinkof too many honestly scary full songs, but here are a few that could scare you, I guess.

Slayer-Seasons in the Abyss
Overkill-Horrorscope
The Usurper-Necronemisis
Motorhead-Serial Killer
Black Sabbath-Black Sabbath
Annihilator-Alice In Hell
Iced Eartj-Damien
And then sing it with a passion
Painted faces in a circus
Images they brings to mind
When I read my Penny Dreadful
Filled with pictures of your kind

Old 2005-01-09, 10:28
far_beyond_sane
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb of god\m/
The only band that scares me is Pig Destroyer.

If you actually read their lyrics carefully, you realise that everything is bad and you need to die. That's pretty scary. Prowler is my middle-of-the-night album right now.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2005-01-09, 10:33
far_beyond_sane
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Soul

Download Sargeist. I think you maybe on to something, no metal has really scared me before. I would like to have a band so evil sounding it was actually frightening.

You really think so? The lyrics, even by BM standards, sound like Screechy the Cranky Rooster being fitted with an acid colostomy bag.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2005-01-09, 10:40
Papalazarou 666
Metalhead

Stryper

Old 2005-01-09, 11:47
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Pig Destroyer would scare me more if I hadn't immunized myself with Acid Bath. That's some shit. When you say

She asked if it would hurt
I smiled and said no
The lie ran down my chin like embryo

you're a fucker. Not that 'maybe she'll snap her wrist doing cartwheels' is wholesome. But, in general, I don't know why I like Pig Destroyer. I can't give a reason. They just dug into me, and now I dig into them.

But, yeah, anything Dax Riggs wrote the lyrics for will freak me out. Especially under the influence. Of anything.

Old 2005-01-09, 14:03
Decrepify
Senior Metalhead

You should try some dark ambient/darkwave tracks, I think ambient does this haunting and scary effect much better than any metal. Ambient is very deep and drone music and some how more dimensional than any other, and while listening to it one as though slumber into the music. Thence, in particular dark ambient cases the audition can turn into a quite creepy experience.

These are good examples that have this kind of effect:
Lustmord's "Heresy" and "The Place Where the Black Stars Hang"
Tangerine Dream's "Zeit"
any Raison d'ętre CD

Old 2005-01-09, 14:12
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones

The first track from Celtic Frost's Morbid Tales used to freak me out, but that's not realy music.
Originally Posted by Requiem
Why would you sig that?
Why not? Why would you sig me saying that I hate you? I was serious there, too.

I'm in despair! The internet has left me in despair!

Old 2005-01-09, 16:09
Pandemonium
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainsforbreakfast
The first track from Celtic Frost's Morbid Tales used to freak me out, but that's not realy music.

And then when the actual music starts playing you realize you just wasted about $13.

Old 2005-01-09, 16:57
Endymion
New Blood

You should try pretty much anything by Current 93. I like the All The Pretty Little Horses album, it sounds like a guy reading nursery rhymes with off key music except he occasionally says things like 'and the blood bells chime' and talks about vanished faces and inner eyes etc.

Last edited by Endymion : 2005-01-09 at 17:04.

Old 2005-01-09, 17:02
Crimson Thought
Metalhead

lol,

I got some good replies. Lots of good bands reccommended, and I''ll also give the dark ambience thing a try as well.

MyOwnSavior: Yeah I have the SH3 soundtrack, I forgot about that, it does freak me out sometimes, especially when im sleeping and that weird guy will go " Ohhhhhhhhhmmmmmm" really loud in my ears.

Andrewc: lol I actually had a wallpaper of mortician for a while not knowing who they were at first, it was the disturbing one with the girl on the cover with a missing leg tied to a post with a guy holding a chainsaw in the doorway of the house behind her.
I'll prolly give it a try along with all the other reccommendations here

yeah I suppose its an odd pasttime but it still rules, i love scaring the shit out of myself.
problem is, I can never find really scary stories, and they're all usually bogus anyways,most of them are like " oh a demon beast came out of my basement and was pinning me down by my hair "

No, if a demon beast lived, it would kill you right away, not scare you.

I sometimes listen to " Where dead angels lie " or " slowly we rot " while walking through the woods near my house at night, just because i'm so damn bored and try to freak myself out, lol.

Old 2005-01-09, 17:08
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

Bethlehem.

because of the vocals.

Old 2005-01-09, 17:40
Decrepify
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Ton Alien
Bethlehem.

because of the vocals.

Yeah, Bethlehem's vocalist is insane guy. Very depressive and sick vocals, filled with emotion. One of the most, um, unique vocals I have heard.
But does they do this kind of scary effect on you? I find them to do you some how melancholic. At least this was on Dictius Te Necare album.

Old 2005-01-09, 18:06
harvester of sorrow
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonRaven

I've found some Cradle of Filth to be freaky as well. Especially tracks that are more like instrumentals such as Venus in Fear off Cruelty and The Beast or many of the tracks off Damnation and a Day...The ending to Thank God for the Suffering is pretty freaky, along with most of the tracks on there...Some are dorky as hell though.

Old 2005-01-09, 21:00
andrewc
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decrepify
Yeah, Bethlehem's vocalist is insane guy. Very depressive and sick vocals, filled with emotion. One of the most, um, unique vocals I have heard.
But does they do this kind of scary effect on you? I find them to do you some how melancholic. At least this was on Dictius Te Necare album.

the guy that used to sing for bethlehem, who now fronts deinonychus, marco kehren (formerly a one-man band), pick up some of their stuff if you can. i'm stupid, i managed to get his first album entitled "the silence of december" and then sold it, i really regret it now. i think it may be scarier than varg.

Old 2005-01-10, 01:42
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium
And then when the actual music starts playing you realize you just wasted about $13.

Lucky I downloaded it
Originally Posted by Requiem
Why would you sig that?
Why not? Why would you sig me saying that I hate you? I was serious there, too.

I'm in despair! The internet has left me in despair!

Old 2005-01-10, 15:57
BEHEMOTH
Senior Metalhead

Red face

How about Mayhem and BURZUM????

They aren´t very frightning, but if you firstly read the stories of the inner circle it has an extra dark sensation.

P.D: Thank you for not burning me in the atheist www question.
Ahhh, and english is my third language, if you want to know. That is why i write that bad and understand 40% of the post (replies) .

Old 2005-01-10, 15:59
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Wormed, Devourment.

And yea CC playing shit backwards is very strange.

Old 2005-01-10, 18:40
Unadorned
Metalhead

I can't believe no one's mentioned Immolation.
Very very evil shit.
Freaky to listen to in the dark..

Old 2005-01-10, 20:28
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

The intro to Praise The Name Of Satan by Akercocke freaked me out when I was walking home from the pub once. I was walking down the road that bisects Aintree racecourse so it's quite dark and lonesome. It was amazingly eerie so I tried it the next week with the intro song to Mithras's Worlds Beyond The Veil CD and I got a similar effect. Nothing else that I've heard works as well as these.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2005-01-10, 21:15
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

I haven't been scared, startled, frightened by any music throughout my entire adulthood. The intro to Cannibal Corpse's "Addicted to Vaginal Flesh" is slightly unnerving given the reality involved, but it's not frightening or scary at all.

When I was 13, I heard my first non-Metallica/Megadeth thrash album, which was Slayer's 'South of Heaven'. It scared me at least the first couple of times I heard it, but something about it made me want to listen again and again. Listening to it now, it's kind of funny, it'd almost be embarrasing if I weren't 13 the first time I heard it.

Old 2005-01-10, 21:59
HELLBLASTER-666
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Limbodic Art has some pretty scary stuff.

Yes,also Darktrhrone - A Blaze In The Northern Sky
and Beherit - Drawing Down The Moon

Old 2005-01-11, 00:43
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

I found some demos of Bethlehem but does anyone know where I can find some songs? I liked what I heard, really creepy deep vocals.

Old 2005-01-11, 01:16
obrien20
Post-whore

King Diamond - Let it be done.

Old 2005-01-11, 03:11
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

the intro and outro to Unhallowed by The Black Dahlia Murder. its Trevor Strnad reading from a book about cannibalism, definitely creepy.

Old 2005-01-12, 01:07
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

Quote:
You should try some dark ambient/darkwave tracks, I think ambient does this haunting and scary effect much better than any metal. Ambient is very deep and drone music and some how more dimensional than any other, and while listening to it one as though slumber into the music. Thence, in particular dark ambient cases the audition can turn into a quite creepy experience.

very true, every word.

Old 2005-01-12, 03:29
John Holland
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

No one has mentioned Today Is The Day?

Today Is The Day - In The Eyes Of God.

Listen to that song while in the dark.

Old 2005-01-12, 16:14
Crimson Thought
Metalhead

Decrepify, do you have any good darkwave suggestions? or where to get some

Old 2005-01-12, 20:12
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1331
the intro and outro to Unhallowed by The Black Dahlia Murder. its Trevor Strnad reading from a book about cannibalism, definitely creepy.

I'll have that album soon.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2005-01-13, 03:10
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

Now I remember a good scary song. Check out Blood, Milk, & Sky by White Zombie. It sounds nothing like their other stuff, its slower and more melodic with creepy keyboards and female vocals that kinda remind me of witch chants. Easily my favorite White Zombie song ever.

Old 2005-01-13, 03:16
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
I'll have that album soon.

its amazing. enjoy. i will have Necrophagist's Epitaph as of tomorrow around 3 PM. i love 2 day shipping

Old 2005-01-13, 14:36
Decrepify
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Thought
Decrepify, do you have any good darkwave suggestions? or where to get some

From dark ambient/darkwave I would go for:
Tangerine Dream's "Zeit"
any Raison d'ętre CD

Also Kerovnian's "From the Depths of Haron" is descent.

Because Tangerine Dream is a very famous band (compare it to Jean Michel Jarre), you could find that release from your local record store, maybe Lustmord too. The other stuff might be bit harder to get, though from some internet mailorder distributors you could find those. I can recommend only one because that is the only distributor where I have bought this kind of stuff: http://cfprod.com/nh/ (industrial/ambient zone). Northern Heritage has also other types of industrial/electronic music, like some folkish, epic and neoclassical stuff. And in the other zones there are also a lot of good (black) metal releases.

http://www.equilibriummusic.com/ seems also having a lot of this kind of material avaible, even more than NH. But I have never used that place, so I have no clue is that a safe place to purchase etc.

Old 2005-01-13, 17:58
low-tech
Post-whore

sunn o}}}-mostly downtuned riffs,no drums. i wouldnt say scary but definatly dark,somber music.

his hero is gone-15 counts of arson- this is the later tracks of that cd, pessimistic, slow doom, excellent riffs

dystopia<east bay metal band, they also do a label, life is abuse>human garbage, down tuned mid tempo metal, kinda like a prototype of nu-metal but absolutely killer, this band predated all the shit you hear and see on radio,mtv, if you read the lyrics carefully you will see they are actually speaking against the subjects they speak about, serial killing,suicide,atrocities etc. there is something about this album that is hard to digest,hard to fathom

Old 2005-01-13, 18:18
LFRX
New Blood

KING DIAMOND...

...especially "Sarah's night" from "Voodoo", as everyone knowns, all the King Diamond cd's tells a horror history. If you goes deeply in the lyrical concept, i'm sure you'll find a true sense of horror in all of it. I remember one christmas night, like some 3 years ago. I was alone at home, drinking "tequila" and i put this album. God of mine! when i heard "Sarah's night" a shiver down to my spine, and i felt so scared!, since then i never have return from the land of Mr. Diamond, every story, every line, everything is so evil....

Well, of course, some people doesn't like the vocal style of Diamond, it's o.k., but you need to give him a chance. You don't be dissapointed.

Old 2005-01-14, 00:07
Crimson Thought
Metalhead

Hey thanks to all you guys for reccommendations, i've heard some damn good music I haven't known before, and was reminded of a few i'd forgotten about before.

Also, I like King Diamond, especially Abigail II, it is pretty creepy

Old 2005-01-14, 17:16
IntestinalXcrement
New Blood

"Godgory - Death In Black" I thought the whole song was creepy to me, when I first heard it on the "Death.. Is Just The Beginning Vol. 5" CD, Disc 1.

Old 2005-01-15, 07:56
warlock_freak
Senior Metalhead
Banned

it might just be me but i think Black Winds by Satyricon is quite atmospheric, im sure it would affect you more during your 'meditation'

jks. im open minded. im sure its a rush

Old 2005-01-15, 07:58
warlock_freak
Senior Metalhead
Banned

sum41 scare me too.

Old 2005-01-15, 08:01
andrewc
Post-whore
Banned

i hope that's for the reason that they're a shockingly poor.....:think: err.... :shrug: band i suppose.

Old 2005-01-15, 11:23
warlock_freak
Senior Metalhead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc
i hope that's for the reason that they're a shockingly poor.....:think: err.... :shrug: band i suppose.

of course

Old 2005-01-21, 22:59
Casketcrusher
Post-whore

Scary? Hmm try to listen to Mortician's Hacked Up For B.B.Q. or Chainsaw Dissmemberment with the lights off and high. Now that is fucking scary.
Deicide's Scars Of The Crucifix is pretty scary sounding also.

Truer words were never spoken.

Old 2005-01-22, 00:32
Brutally_Hacked
Senior Metalhead

It's not scary, but it's creepy... alice cooper - i love the dead. It's perfect man, he gets so into it. what makes it creepy is the way he sings it, as if it were the world to him.

not scary, more strange... but i've listened to it a couple of times while my brain is dead from not sleeping for a few days, and it's kickass.

but scary? ummm... ever watched The Wall? when you're not sober, (even when you are) the whole thing is just like ... makes you think 'fuck, that's somethin'. The soundtrack is great and the animated bits kick ass. basically, it sucks you in and you dont take your eyes off the screen for even a second coz you're sitting there thinking 'insane man, this shit is freakin me out'.
nah it aint metal but still its creepy as all hell.

What I sometimes do to freak myself out is walk down to the cemetary in the pitch dark with a discman and listen to music on the discman - akercocke/opeth or something. It's a long walk through paddocks and bush to get there, so you basically wander aimlessly and hope you get to the road soon. Old cemetary, broken graves, overgrown weeds, its got atmosphere. I just lie there listening to music for ages. That's not scary. But then you take the headphones off and all of a sudden it all changes coz you're not listening to music anymore, you're lying alone in a cemetary ages away from anything.
Haven't done that in ages. Must do it sometime...

Old 2005-01-22, 14:33
SuNioj0369
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRezendes
When I was 13, I heard my first non-Metallica/Megadeth thrash album, which was Slayer's 'South of Heaven'. It scared me at least the first couple of times I heard it, but something about it made me want to listen again and again. Listening to it now, it's kind of funny, it'd almost be embarrasing if I weren't 13 the first time I heard it.

Ha. I remember once I couldn't sleep at night and I grabbed my CD player. The volume was left on ten and with the resume function, the disc picked up right in the middle of Tom's scream in the intro to Angel of Death. Quite the surprise, I couldn't listen to the song for the rest of night.

Also, try Morbid Angel's Doomsday Celebration, that might do the trick. You could also try and get one of those books about the Norweigian Black Metal scene, read that one day, then at night listen to black metal in the dark. And like John Holland said, Today is the Day definately has some creepy shit. I haven't heard much, but what I have heard is surely quite creepy in the dark.

Old 2005-01-23, 01:19
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

A couple of gore metal bands have some creepy songs.

Exhumed - A Purulent Prelude to Putrescent Pyosisification (my sig)
Impaled - Operating Theater
Gorerotted - Zombie Graveyard Rape Bonanza (The Crypt Keeper intro)
Neuropathia - Uncle Frank
Splatterhouse - Splatterhouse (original song name )
Lust of Decay - Festuring Anal Vomit

Old 2005-03-30, 13:53
jameG
New Blood

on the subject of creepy bands i remember when i
first got in to black metal ,1992 going in to our price
and buying bathorys the return album this is the
only record ever to to unnerve me a bit and of
course then i was very young.

Old 2005-03-31, 16:30
shimbolla
Senior Metalhead

Sorry to bring this thread back up to the top, but a great album that's really freaky is the Session 9 soundtrack by the Climax Golden Twins. Yeah, gay name. But the movie kicked ass and so does the soundtrack--extra creepy music. But it's not metal. It's just freaky musical score. More on the music side, the band Midnight Syndicate has some good songs. They're kind of just electronic musical score type stuff, but more into the song structures and everything than most soundtracks. Heavy metal usually won't freak you out propperly. It's too song-structure-oriented. You've gotta get something more for its atmosphere.

I tried posting an attachment of an album that I made of just atmospheric horror film score, but the file was too big.

Old 2005-03-31, 18:18
Kylito
Supreme Metalhead

Rigor Mortis - Self-titled debut......Every song is based off a horror flick and the singer's voice is pretty fucking spooky. And the album rips on top of that.

Godflesh - Streetcleaner.......This is by far their best and heaviest and most spooky sounding release ever.

Edit: I almost forgot: Bloodfeast - Face Fate

Last edited by Kylito : 2005-03-31 at 18:24.

Old 2005-03-31, 18:25
John Holland
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuNioj0369
And like John Holland said, Today is the Day definately has some creepy shit. I haven't heard much, but what I have heard is surely quite creepy in the dark.

Yes !! Finally, someone agrees with me!

Pickup "In The Eyes Of God", and listen to the title track in the dark.

That and Pig Destroyer's "Terrifier" is monumental. Most startling intro track ever.

Last edited by John Holland : 2005-03-31 at 18:29.

Old 2005-03-31, 18:32
Kylito
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holland
Yes !! Finally, someone agrees with me!

Pickup "In The Eyes Of God", and listen to the title track in the dark.

Today is the Day has the most entertaining drummer in the world to watch live. That guy is a total freak of nature and is fucking mesmerizing.

Old 2005-03-31, 20:36
bloodredthrone
Senior Metalhead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLBLASTER-666
Yes,also Darktrhrone - A Blaze In The Northern Sky
and Beherit - Drawing Down The Moon

Thank god someone mentioned Darkthrone. They make ambient music with black metal, and it's fucking creepy. I think that Under a Funeral Moon by Darkthrone is the scariest/creepiest, but alot of you will probably disagree. But, just listen to his voice, and those ultra depressing riffs. My god.

Old 2005-08-30, 01:43
jlg327
New Blood

what site?

Quote:
I remember listening to Lung on World Coming Down in the dark while I drunk and half asleep. The part where you here the heart monitor beeping and the little girl singing Ring Around the Rosie freaked me out pretty bad.

Also I found a site were it played Dinner at Deviant's Place backwards. Its a little girl saying the lord's prayer. What is it about little children that is so damn creepy?

what site was that at---ive been looking for forever and cant find it

Old 2005-08-30, 01:46
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlg327
what site was that at---ive been looking for forever and cant find it
Here you go, I can't believe I remembered the site.

http://albinoblacksheep.com/flash/subliminal.php

Old 2005-08-30, 01:51
OpethFan
Toast-whore

Fantomas - Svrgical Sovnds.

I couldnt even listen to that

Think my attitude stinks?? You should smell my fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
yeah, one night he (BassBehemoth) came with some GHB and he put it in my drink, when i woke up....i lost my hymen....terrible

Old 2005-08-30, 06:45
Cunty Shunt
Post-whore

The Dicks
Pansy Division

http://www.myspace.com/jimmysband

http://www.myspace.com/pyrrhicthanatologymonger

Mr. Budd on Relapse explaining LDOH's IAHC Mcd: "It sounds like an inside-out gorilla eating 50 babies a minute."

Old 2005-08-30, 08:41
John Holland
Banned

Quote:

That was great, thanks for posting

Old 2005-08-30, 13:16
Theoldman
Post-whore

Quote:

Old 2005-08-30, 18:12
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

here are some songs

the intro to Hellhammer - Horus & Aggressor
Atrocity - Omen; Ichor
Morbid Angel - Dawn of the Angry; Inquisition (Burn with Me)
Malevolent Creation - Memorial Arrangements

i found a lot of MOrbid Angel's instrumentals to be kind of eerie
Morbid Angel - Awakening; Nar Mattaru; Melting;

the whole cd [ it has its cheesy parts but its got its good parts too]
Cenotaph - The Gloomy Reflection to Our Hidden Sorrows

Old 2005-08-30, 19:17
obrien20
Post-whore

King Diamond - Let it be done.

Old 2005-08-30, 20:21
low-tech
Post-whore

when p.diddy sang for that zepplin song........absolutely terrifying

Old 2005-08-31, 17:17
Robbie Filth
The Man Who Is, MGI.

Some atmospheric music i found:

Anything from Abruptum their pretty grim to listen to.

Intestinal Disgorge will scare you with the cinstant high pitch screaming noises although it gets slightly annoying.

Also Carpathian Forest - Death Triumphant (1996 Demo Version) is quite creepy.

Old 2005-08-31, 17:26
Simon Diamond
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
i HOPE youve heard burzum? get tracks from burzum/aske and hvis lyset tar oss. that should be good for your weird hobby

Oh yes indeed.

Old 2005-08-31, 17:50
IRON90
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:

Shit dude that thing by cradle of filth was fucking scary i almost ripped myself.

Old 2005-08-31, 20:24
low-tech
Post-whore

dystopia-human garbage
one of the most brutal albums ever, most of the intro riffs have real sinister sounding downtune bass lines, the inlay to the album, the lyrics to the songs are all gang graffiti style, theres just something unnerving about this album

Old 2005-09-01, 01:11
Zionist
My Ass, Your Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-tech
dystopia-human garbage
one of the most brutal albums ever, most of the intro riffs have real sinister sounding downtune bass lines, the inlay to the album, the lyrics to the songs are all gang graffiti style, theres just something unnerving about this album

Yeah, that album is really weird, but I love it.
Wore her out before I could finish(which im grateful for)

Funeral Mulch; My brutal death metal band from West Michigan.

Old 2005-09-01, 23:39
Cunty Shunt
Post-whore

Quote:
dystopia-human garbage

What a perfect album. Especially the Rudimentari Peni cover as a bonus.

Mr. Budd on Relapse explaining LDOH's IAHC Mcd: "It sounds like an inside-out gorilla eating 50 babies a minute."

Old 2005-09-02, 00:19
low-tech
Post-whore

i need to get thier other albums, ive heard some tracks on later stuff, the drummer has an odd style of playing that i like

Old 2008-11-26, 15:33
Casketcrusher
Post-whore

I'd also recomend some Fantomas. Their albums are fucking terrifying and sometimes without a single word spoken.

Also try some Funeral Doom like Wormphlegm or some experimental stuff like Axis Of Perdition or Portal.

Truer words were never spoken.

Old 2008-11-26, 16:06
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

rofl...old thread, but a good un.

the first song that actually scared me was:

emperor - int the infinity of thoughts

blasted really loudly out of my home theater system-like speakers. that was super intense.

i listened to lord belial the first time i did acid. really stupid idea.

magma makes some really intense music. check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a73XLkf43-s

probably my favorite band right now.

Quote:
Tangerine Dream's "Zeit"
any Raison d'ętre CD

YESSSS!!! especially raison d'etre and pretty much everything on the cold meat industry label. also check out Moëvöt - Abgzvoryathre.

http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/

Old 2008-11-26, 20:35
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

i thought rammstein was scary when I was about 11 years old

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2008-11-26, 21:04
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
magma makes some really intense music. check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a73XLkf43-s

probably my favorite band right now.

Dude, why had I not heard of these guys till now?
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2008-11-26, 21:16
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

better now than never.

if you want, i can pm you some albums.

Old 2008-11-26, 21:31
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawn&quartered
i thought rammstein was scary when I was about 11 years old

'Reise Reise' is a pretty dark fucking record

Old 2008-11-27, 17:34
Cunty Shunt
Post-whore

Sunn's "Black One" has it's moments.

Old 2008-11-29, 23:13
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

South of Heaven scared the shit out of me the first time I heard it. I also had the urge to listen to it over and over again no matter how eerie it felt. It was awesome and I was 13.

Old 2008-11-29, 23:27
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

I heard God Hates All when it first came out... I was definitely intimidated. I loved it. Not too long after, I realized that type of music was played 20+ years ago. It was all over from there

Old 2008-11-30, 21:16
Carl
Senior Metalhead

Current 93 is a band i can find scary as hell they are not metal though.
I know i felt intimidated the first time i heard Butchered at birth with Cannibal corpse haha!

Old 2008-12-01, 04:40
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

for anyone that saw Carcass live in their last tour...they had this intro with this nun talking...anyone else thought that was creepy as hell?

Old 2008-12-01, 14:43
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

I was too drunk to comprehend my vision. The sound was good, though.

Old 2008-12-01, 16:19
Unanything
Post-whore

The first death metal that I heard/saw was the video for 'God of Emptiness' by Morbid Angel. I felt compelled to obey the lyrics. Not really, but I won't forget it.

Nevermore's video for I, Voyager also scared me when I first saw it. On the same night, I was scared by the video for 'We Did Not Come To Heal' by Insision and 'Execration Text' by Nile.

Cradle of Filth's 'Mannequin' was also haunting... When I showed it to one of my mates, he actually turned away in disgust. He may also have been nearly sick.

These were all when I was still "expanding my horizons".

A few months back when I was searching for Cynic I came across a video made up of a montage of Robert Venosa paintings with Portal's 'Circle' over the top. That's an experience! In fact, I'm away to watch it now.

www.garageband.com/tranxnart
www.myspace.com/tranxnart
www.youtube.com/user/Tranxhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadude
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!

Old 2008-12-03, 16:41
Requiem
Post-whore

When I first purchased Opeth's Damnation album I went for a walk with my cd player and the album down a dark road encompassed with huge trees. In result, I was horribly scared.

Old 2008-12-10, 11:49
low-tech
Post-whore

Deicide. I saw them around 2001

Those guys are scary, the particular line-up looked like an odd assortment of hell's angels and pro wrestling rejects. Their fans are scary too.

the only really 'scary' music I encountered was, in the 80's, first listening to NWA and watching their videos. In the context of an escalating cold war, crack cocaine, NWA really made a scene, really made an impression.

I remember an old friend letting me hear slick rick, luke skywalker, old kool moe dee and other early rap stuff at a young age and just being totally blown away. I had no concept of poor inner-city life then, the war on drugs and it consequences.

Old 2008-12-10, 16:03
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesadpartofthestory
Current 93 is a band i can find scary as hell they are not metal though.
I know i felt intimidated the first time i heard Butchered at birth with Cannibal corpse haha!

Butchered at Birth has a much darker, sludgier tone than their other records. It's my favorite of their older works.

Quote:
Deicide. I saw them around 2001

Those guys are scary, the particular line-up looked like an odd assortment of hell's angels and pro wrestling rejects. Their fans are scary too.

the only really 'scary' music I encountered was, in the 80's, first listening to NWA and watching their videos. In the context of an escalating cold war, crack cocaine, NWA really made a scene, really made an impression.

I remember an old friend letting me hear slick rick, luke skywalker, old kool moe dee and other early rap stuff at a young age and just being totally blown away. I had no concept of poor inner-city life then, the war on drugs and it consequences.

I'm guessing you saw Deicide back when the Hoffman bros. were still in the band. Both huge guys, if I recall correctly.

To the rap stuff, goddamn, that's old school.