MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands


 
 
Old 2004-12-27, 07:24
warlock_freak's Avatar
warlock_freak
Senior Metalhead
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 115
Why does everyone hate Slipknot?

Why does everyone hate slipknot? im not a huge fan, but i can play 2 of their songs and enjoy it, so why cant others?

i understand they have a DJ in their band which is pretty gay, but he doesnt do much. And ok, the new slipknot album is shit. a few good songs, but not enough to make it a good album. and the guitarist is pretty basic, but its still heavy shit and i think theyre alright

P.S. i listen to black/death but some of that easier stuff is ok..

Go On...Flame me..
 
Old 2004-12-27, 07:31
philkilla's Avatar
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere down the road
Posts: 2,188
Well, you are definitely gonna flames for this shit....but anyway....

#1) I guess their biggest folly is their retarded legion of fans they have produced since they came out. I thought they were cool at one point (long long time ago....) that was until I saw the fucking retards with the wanna-be mask and jumpsuits on....I guess I'll leave it at that.

#2) Their songs are fucking cake.

#3) MTV....shouldn't that say enough?
__________________


My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us


Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.
 
Old 2004-12-27, 08:36
MoonRaven's Avatar
MoonRaven
Lo, they do call to me...
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: virginia beach, VA
Posts: 2,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkilla666
Well, you are definitely gonna flames for this shit....but anyway....

#1) I guess their biggest folly is their retarded legion of fans they have produced since they came out. I thought they were cool at one point (long long time ago....) that was until I saw the fucking retards with the wanna-be mask and jumpsuits on....I guess I'll leave it at that.

#2) Their songs are fucking cake.

#3) MTV....shouldn't that say enough?

^^^^^^
__________________
Too grim to function
 
Old 2004-12-27, 09:16
rapeandruin's Avatar
rapeandruin
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 1,043
I use to like them at one point until I found quality metal. When I started to learn to play the guitar I was able to play their riffs (although slowly) at about 2 months. That is pretty basic. They also started to produce complete shit. Their point of view on shit is also pretty lame, "we are the hardest band" or something like that. Hardly. There are death metal bands that are to the nth degree harder than them.

They are also extreme sellouts. They deny it but shit...look at where they play now...and how many fans they have...At the beginning I'm sure they played at small venues, but now they play at large sport complexes....selling out? possibly. I guess the same could be said about Slayer...but you ddon't hear about their new shit on tv nearly as much or see them on tour nearly as much.

Anyways those are my two reasons really.

Basic guitar playing and selling out to MTV.
__________________
 
Old 2004-12-27, 09:20
PST 88's Avatar
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,982
I don't mind them at all. I also don't listen to them much or have to deal with their fans, but even if I did I doubt I'd mind them. They're worlds ahead of the rest of the nu metal scene and, if their fanboys happen to read any of the interviews with them I've read, they're a positive force in that they'll expose people who otherwise would never hear of them to bands like Morbid Angel, Immolation, etc. Of course, I'm also not the type who gives two shits if I see a twelve year old wearing the same shirt as me, which isn't true of everyone.

On the other hand, Slipknot seem to possess the uncanny ability to give me a hint of something worth listening to and then, just as soon as my attention is caught, shit all over it. So I don't like them. And I do find it as annoying as most to hear slightly darker teeny boppers claim to be into death metal when the lyrics to I Cum Blood would make them sick. But I find it just as annoying when the underground fan tries to rub that in their face. How many goddamn people take impromptu surveys at malls of people in Korn and Cradle of Filth t-shirts and make fun of their response to Breeding the Spawn in online forums? It's just as stupid. The whole thing boils down to those two types of stupidity.

But, anyway, here are my thoughts on Slipknot: I don't like them. However, I can hear a Morbid Angel influence on the occasional riff. I can hear double bass drumming. I know that it's not easy to find good metal without some kind of gateway. It took a good friend an some more accessible bands to get me into metal, which I otherwise would probably have missed out on, to what I believe would be my detriment. If Slipknot serves as the stepping stone into metal for somebody it would speak to, I'm cool with that. If it doesn't, at least they were a band willing to wear the metal label when a lot of bands were trying to play that term down, and talk up bands I like a lot more than them in interviews with magazines that otherwise would never mention them.

And, even if I didn't think all that, there's nothing easier than ignoring them. Trust me; it's easy as hell. Plus, actively hating bands is for True black metallers. I just ignore what I dislike.
 
Old 2004-12-27, 10:04
warlock_freak's Avatar
warlock_freak
Senior Metalhead
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 115
so what if theyre fans are gay 12 yr olds thinking theyre depressed or some shit..so what if theyre all over MTV..its because theyre music is ok..i understand now theyre shit..and i dont listen to them but i dont mind them..

To me there is no such thing as a metal teenybopper..possibly because i havnt met one...but teenyboppers usually listen to rap or rnb or top40 like their friends..metal (esp. heavier sub genres) is a very unique genre and it gets dissed a lot.. i even get called 'weak' for listening to it(because ppl think im weak so i listen to heavier music to copensate; which is the biggest piece of bulshit ive ever heard) and maybe 12yr old fans that like slipknot get a feeling of being cool because they listen to heavy music and are different, if so fine, but if they dont enjoy the music, then thats a problem..and plus..so what if theyre 12..its good to start young..if a band like slipknot is very popular..thats great, metal isnt dying out.. just cause black metal bands can hardly release a cd doesnt make them worth listening to, and sorry if that offends people, but its one of the stupidest concepts in Heavy music( and im not gonna call it extreme music cause thats a gay term ).

and i guess im gay, for sticking up for slipknot? well they inspired me to get into heavier stuff..which as PST88 was saying thats ok, so its all good i guess...

and i dont get it.. if i hear no good things about them..except in the band forums... then howcome theyre so popular? hahah..makes no sense...
 
Old 2004-12-27, 10:05
Anubis's Avatar
Anubis
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the light of the Necroshine
Posts: 688
I don't like their music.

That's the only reason you need.
__________________
Stand your ground behind the times
And refuse to follow fashion
Write your poetry in anger
And then sing it with a passion
Painted faces in a circus
Images they brings to mind
When I read my Penny Dreadful
Filled with pictures of your kind
 
Old 2004-12-27, 10:29
warlock_freak's Avatar
warlock_freak
Senior Metalhead
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis
I don't like their music.

That's the only reason you need.



great, seriously, but they are better than alot of bands and should be a little respected other than dissed. Look at Ryan Parry for example. I hope he gets assasinated
 
Old 2004-12-27, 10:51
Infinity's Avatar
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,510
No skill. Not heavy. It's rap for fucks sake. The singer actually raps all the lyrics. Dumb band.
 
Old 2004-12-27, 11:18
Mania
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: In my mind most of the time
Posts: 171
A few of their songs are OK but thats mainly their really early stuff. I guess they're just a little too mainstream and, I have to agree with Infinity on the rap part.
__________________
Annoying humanity sickens me..........I contemplate your extinction

Nothing is too sick R.I.P Euronymous

WILL THE WORLD JUST SHUT UP ABOUT VARG VIKERNES!!
 
Old 2004-12-27, 11:20
Mania
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: In my mind most of the time
Posts: 171
A few of their songs are OK but that's mainly their earlier stuff. I guess they've just become too mainstream for my liking. I have to agree with Infinity on the rap part although some songs are metal.
__________________
Annoying humanity sickens me..........I contemplate your extinction

Nothing is too sick R.I.P Euronymous

WILL THE WORLD JUST SHUT UP ABOUT VARG VIKERNES!!
 
Old 2004-12-27, 11:25
johnmansley's Avatar
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 5,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
But, anyway, here are my thoughts on Slipknot: I don't like them. However, I can hear a Morbid Angel influence on the occasional riff. I can hear double bass drumming. I know that it's not easy to find good metal without some kind of gateway. It took a good friend an some more accessible bands to get me into metal, which I otherwise would probably have missed out on, to what I believe would be my detriment. If Slipknot serves as the stepping stone into metal for somebody it would speak to, I'm cool with that. If it doesn't, at least they were a band willing to wear the metal label when a lot of bands were trying to play that term down, and talk up bands I like a lot more than them in interviews with magazines that otherwise would never mention them.


My sentiments exactly: it's not where you start on your metal journey, it's where you end up. Everyone has to start somewhere and, although possible, it is highly unlikely that a person's first introduction to heavy music is going to be Mortal Decay. For me it's been a gradual progression: I was into Guns N' Roses and grunge in the early 90s. Those days were great, but I was always looking for that something a little bit heavier. Eventually I found Metallica and Slayer and then onto death metal and noise/math/whatever-you-want-to-call-it-core.

I'm sure back in the late 80s there were people in the underground who called fans of Guns N' Roses posers. I'm sure there were people in the underground of the 70s metal scene who labelled fans of Black Sabbath posers. It boils down to one aspect of metal culture: elitism.
__________________
Album of the day:

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Last edited by johnmansley : 2004-12-27 at 11:33.
 
Old 2004-12-27, 18:26
MoonRaven's Avatar
MoonRaven
Lo, they do call to me...
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: virginia beach, VA
Posts: 2,209
yeah, i was into nirvana and metallica and shit in 6th grade, got into slipknot and the like in 7th and 8th grade, carried about halfway into ninth grade, then i got into cradle of filth, cannibal corpse, and type o negative, then in tenth grade i discovered opeth, which is what did it for me, and since then its been metal all the way, well most of the way, i adore 80's new wave, esp. the cure.

so, with all that said, i guess slipknot was my "gateway drug" into metal
__________________
Too grim to function
 
Old 2004-12-27, 19:24
dismalrealitynone
New Blood
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 21
Angry

i cant really get mad at them for being sellouts cause who doesnt want to play a huge sport complex but truly i hate them because they all act like complete fags with the exception of joey and they really are not that cool like bands like dimmu being very GREAt people also i think slipknots music just plain sucks. Its actually very comparable to nu metal or agro metal. i mainly hate all thier music but thier acoustic stuffis actually kind-of good thats it.
thats my 2 cents
 
Old 2004-12-27, 22:16
Ten Ton Alien's Avatar
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Portugal
Posts: 1,234
i don't like their music, but i avoid "hating" them. i just ignore the band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismalrealitynone
they all act like complete fags with the exception of joey


i don't get this. people juice all over Joey. why? i have no idea. people like Dave Lombardo, Sean Reinert or Tony Laureano are light years ahead of him. is he getting so much praise just because he's in Slipknot and people feel he's too good for the band?
 
Old 2004-12-27, 22:19
Infinity's Avatar
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,510
Joey fucking sucks.
 
Old 2004-12-27, 22:24
Ten Ton Alien's Avatar
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Portugal
Posts: 1,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Joey fucking sucks.


and that's my point.
 
Old 2004-12-27, 22:28
dismalrealitynone
New Blood
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 21
Unhappy

no... you dont understabd hes not a FREAK hes not into serial killer pornor somethin you know..still,i dont like him
 
Old 2004-12-27, 22:47
andrewc
Post-whore
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,471
hei just leave him alone O.K.? slipnots n awesome band, i dun c y every1 else shood flame him. jus let it go, an he's a newb so it dun matta if he didnt use tha searhc function either.

warlock freak, were u frm bro?
 
Old 2004-12-27, 22:54
Hate Eternal's Avatar
Hate Eternal
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 131
Things I hate about them:

1.Stupid rap vocals
2.The guy with the nose spends more time wanking his nose than actually playing
3.They inspired a whole bunch 13 - 15 yr old posers who dress in black think there goth and "hail satan"
 
Old 2004-12-27, 22:56
PST 88's Avatar
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,982
Wow, so two people have completely failed Reading Comprehension: The Metaltabs Method. All you had to do was recognize the semantic difference between 'act' and 'play,' but apparently that was asking too much. Excellent job, gentlemen. You've really proven how true metalheads don't descend into the same juvenile idiocy of the 'maggots.' Especially andrewc.
 
Old 2004-12-27, 23:00
andrewc
Post-whore
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,471
i couldn't tell if that was sarcastic or not PST, so if it was, bugger off, if it was, thank you very kindly (i was being sarcastic in my previous one though )
 
Old 2004-12-28, 00:57
Dystopia's Avatar
Dystopia
Post-whore
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,068
Maggot rhymes with faggot
__________________
t('~'t)
( ( ) )
 
Old 2004-12-28, 01:07
Blizzard Beast
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Atlanta Georgia a.k.a asshole of the universe
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Joey fucking sucks.


He's playing session drums for Satyricon for they're US tour. Can't be too bad.
__________________
Blizzard Beast
Suck a turd to a point and stab yourself with it..

Last edited by Blizzard Beast : 2004-12-28 at 01:12.
 
Old 2004-12-28, 01:10
Blizzard Beast
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Atlanta Georgia a.k.a asshole of the universe
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate Eternal
Things I hate about them:

1.Stupid rap vocals
2.The guy with the nose spends more time wanking his nose than actually playing
3.They inspired a whole bunch 13 - 15 yr old posers who dress in black think there goth and "hail satan"



Hell of alot better than inspiring them to put on do-rags and tattoo 2pac's birth and death dates on them somewhere. I'll take a "mall goth" over a punkass white kid trying to be a gangster anyday.
__________________
Blizzard Beast
Suck a turd to a point and stab yourself with it..

Last edited by Blizzard Beast : 2004-12-28 at 01:12.
 
Old 2004-12-28, 01:12
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD's Avatar
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Joey fucking sucks.


I suppose, but he's the only person in there with value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate Eternal
2.The guy with the nose spends more time wanking his nose than actually playing


Oh no...he's playing all right.

The only song I can tolerate of Slipknot's is Surfacing. The song is actually pretty decent until I heard that stupid DJ scratching solo bullshit. I hated how they were hyped up, by some people I know especially. They told me they were the heaviest ever. Hell, my friend even told me, "What other band takes NINE people to make the music they do?"
Good gravy, I thought I'd never hear so much blasphemy when Slayer was playing on my boombox.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Sex is free if you don't mind spending most of your night in the bushes with both a balaclava and an overblown sense of entitlement.
 
Old 2004-12-28, 02:23
Pandemonium's Avatar
Pandemonium
Post-whore
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard Beast
He's playing session drums for Satyricon for they're US tour. Can't be too bad.


And that's why there wasn't a big turn out for Satyricon this tour.
 
Old 2004-12-28, 02:31
IRON FART
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Western Hemisphere
Posts: 148
I don't like their music. Simple as that. There are other reasons too though. I don't like their image or that gay mask and obsession over image thing. Joey is cool, I like his drumming, but i'm really not interested about the band as a whole.

Also whats up with having so many people in one band? Imagine when they have to split the profits lol. They'll get like $0.57 each from each concert.

/rant

PS...I was expecting worse flaming than this
 
Old 2004-12-28, 03:05
BLS's Avatar
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,705
Why do you care what we think?

If you like them, good for you... If your gonna change your opinion now because we all dislike them then just end your life.

Stupid questions always have stupid answers so stop asking them.
__________________
"Believe the word
I will unlock my door
And pass the cemetery gates"

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
 
Old 2004-12-28, 03:15
Cheese Co's Avatar
Cheese Co
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 250
I've seen quite a few slipknot fans they look like they just ate a lemon. Now if someone likes Maiden, Slayer, Megadeth etc. and likes slipknot then they are ok with me but if they like Slipknot, Limp Bizket, Korn and the Insane Clown Possie (insane clown possie who came up with that one?) and say maiden, slayer, megadeth etc. sucks then they can lick my balls! They dont even have to like the good metal bands they just have to respect them.

Bands with appearence gimics piss me off... Masks, Makeup they are just to get attention. Just play good music, no makeup, no masks, no rap, no djs!
 
Old 2004-12-28, 08:20
Anubis's Avatar
Anubis
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the light of the Necroshine
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard Beast
He's playing session drums for Satyricon for they're US tour. Can't be too bad.


Oh yes he can.
__________________
Stand your ground behind the times
And refuse to follow fashion
Write your poetry in anger
And then sing it with a passion
Painted faces in a circus
Images they brings to mind
When I read my Penny Dreadful
Filled with pictures of your kind
 
Old 2004-12-28, 14:43
SuNioj0369's Avatar
SuNioj0369
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Next to a guitar.
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRON FART
PS...I was expecting worse flaming than this


We don't like Slipknot because of stupid ass cunts who come to this forum and sit around and waste our valuable fucking time making pointless threads like this that only repeat what has been said in a thousand other "Why Does Slipknot Suck" threads that have been closed, thus producing only hugely searing amounts of flames...that's why we don't like Slipknot you goat-fucking cunt! The MetalTab legions now wish death upon your stupid fucking cunt rag of a life!



How's that?
 
Old 2004-12-28, 16:04
Pandemonium's Avatar
Pandemonium
Post-whore
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis
Oh yes he can.


Haha, I heard he can't even blast.
 
Old 2004-12-28, 18:35
Blizzard Beast
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Atlanta Georgia a.k.a asshole of the universe
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium
Haha, I heard he can't even blast.


He blasted on the beginning of people equal shit.
__________________
Blizzard Beast
Suck a turd to a point and stab yourself with it..
 
Old 2004-12-28, 19:21
Tattered's Avatar
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,306
I used to like slipknot a couple of years ago, but suddenly grew on to better bands, such as slayer, pantera, ozzy, maiden, etc.. i dont really like the whole 9 members thing, about 3 of them actually doing fuck all, except for jumping about, and the masks are pretty silly, but i do enjoy joeys drumming. I dont listen to them today, but still have there cd's from ages ago, and i could put up with it today, but ive moved on to better music now so it would be pointless.
__________________
'' I'll Smother You With A Fucking Pillow!! ''

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal=life
Hey don't talk back buddy. Give your dick size or don't post.
 
Old 2004-12-28, 19:47
Chris Rezendes's Avatar
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Alone here, with emptiness, eagles, and snow...
Posts: 3,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
Wow, so two people have completely failed Reading Comprehension: The Metaltabs Method. All you had to do was recognize the semantic difference between 'act' and 'play,' but apparently that was asking too much. Excellent job, gentlemen. You've really proven how true metalheads don't descend into the same juvenile idiocy of the 'maggots.' Especially andrewc.


Sometimes people butcher what I said while tripping over their own syntax so badly that I just pretend like their post needn't be replied to. There really isn't a point in teaching somebody who can't learn.

As for the original topic, I can name about 1 billion reasons why Slipknot suck, but I'll try to keep it short. First off, there are 17 members of the band. 3 play instruments while the other 32 jump up and down. Secondly, they all wear masks. You know who else wear masks? GWAR and the Berzerker. Enough said. Thirdly, they down tune to try to sound heavy, but instead of trying to sound heavy, they should try to sound good. You know, maybe throw in something that would take me more than 30 seconds to tab. Instead, they just keep everything simple because it's really all they can do. Fourth, they have a DJ. Metal bands don't need a DJ, ever, under any circumstances. Fifth, they basically garnered their reputation (intentionally, mind you) as a freak show and not as a metal band, and so that's how I will always view them. As a freak show, not a metal band. A freak show that plays shitty metal that I could emulate in like 20 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlock_freak
great, seriously, but they are better than alot of bands and should be a little respected other than dissed. Look at Ryan Parry for example. I hope he gets assasinated


That's the most invalid point I've ever fucking heard. So, even though Slipknot aren't good, we should respect them because they aren't as bad as somebody else? What the fuck?! Going by your logic, even though Stalin was a murderous tyrant, we should give him a little respect because he wasn't as bad as Hitler. So go back to worshipping Stalin while listening to Slipknot, because logic like yours needs to be quarantined before some of the dumbasses that are already here pick up on it.

All kidding aside, your reasoning there really doesn't make any sense.
__________________
Trust in god, he'll give you shoes!
 
Old 2004-12-29, 02:16
Dystopia's Avatar
Dystopia
Post-whore
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRezendes
Sometimes people butcher what I said while tripping over their own syntax so badly that I just pretend like their post needn't be replied to. There really isn't a point in teaching somebody who can't learn.

As for the original topic, I can name about 1 billion reasons why Slipknot suck, but I'll try to keep it short. First off, there are 17 members of the band. 3 play instruments while the other 32 jump up and down. Secondly, they all wear masks. You know who else wear masks? GWAR and the Berzerker. Enough said. Thirdly, they down tune to try to sound heavy, but instead of trying to sound heavy, they should try to sound good. You know, maybe throw in something that would take me more than 30 seconds to tab. Instead, they just keep everything simple because it's really all they can do. Fourth, they have a DJ. Metal bands don't need a DJ, ever, under any circumstances. Fifth, they basically garnered their reputation (intentionally, mind you) as a freak show and not as a metal band, and so that's how I will always view them. As a freak show, not a metal band. A freak show that plays shitty metal that I could emulate in like 20 seconds.



That's the most invalid point I've ever fucking heard. So, even though Slipknot aren't good, we should respect them because they aren't as bad as somebody else? What the fuck?! Going by your logic, even though Stalin was a murderous tyrant, we should give him a little respect because he wasn't as bad as Hitler. So go back to worshipping Stalin while listening to Slipknot, because logic like yours needs to be quarantined before some of the dumbasses that are already here pick up on it.

All kidding aside, your reasoning there really doesn't make any sense.


One reason why I actually like Slipknot threads is seeing long-time members make idiots out of the Slipknot people.
__________________
t('~'t)
( ( ) )
 
Old 2004-12-29, 03:49
IRON FART
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Western Hemisphere
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuNioj0369
We don't like Slipknot because of stupid ass cunts who come to this forum and sit around and waste our valuable fucking time making pointless threads like this that only repeat what has been said in a thousand other "Why Does Slipknot Suck" threads that have been closed, thus producing only hugely searing amounts of flames...that's why we don't like Slipknot you goat-fucking cunt! The MetalTab legions now wish death upon your stupid fucking cunt rag of a life!



How's that?



Im so proud!
 
Old 2004-12-29, 04:57
Seasons in the Abyss's Avatar
Seasons in the Abyss
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ontario,Canada
Posts: 85
I never gave into Slipknot or any of this Nu Metal, you speak of. What's with all these labels anyway? That's what band names are for ..........right?

PST 88 and johnmansley hit the nail right on the head with musical development. I remember how I started off listening to Our Lady Peace, but had eventually dug up the likes of Maiden and Metallica.In the past two years, I have expanded my knowledge of music by miles, and I only have the internet to thank..............oh, AND the bands!

The thing that bugs me the most though, has to be how sympathetic some underground fans can be by passing on extremely ignorant comments of how bands like Slipknot can meet the same bar of acceptance bands like Morbid worked hard to get to. Although I can turn off the t.v. and ignore all the mtv/muchmusic garbage, it's seems inescapable on sites like these.

Let's not try to turn this into a masacre, as Slipknot can serve us on another level; entertainment. With all the fuss surrounding the band's talent, they come off as musicians who think on the same terms of the tonedeaf, and I just settle to conclude them as smart as the fans who listen to them.
 
Old 2004-12-29, 08:05
IRON FART
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Western Hemisphere
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese Co
I've seen quite a few slipknot fans they look like they just ate a lemon. Now if someone likes Maiden, Slayer, Megadeth etc. and likes slipknot then they are ok with me but if they like Slipknot, Limp Bizket, Korn and the Insane Clown Possie (insane clown possie who came up with that one?) and say maiden, slayer, megadeth etc. sucks then they can lick my balls! They dont even have to like the good metal bands they just have to respect them.

I'm not a leanient as that. If they listen to slipknot or other nu-metal bands, it doesn't matter is you have a Rust in Piece and Number of the Beast band shirt...You will still be a fag IMO.
 
Old 2004-12-29, 17:55
societys finest's Avatar
societys finest
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: on the sunny side of hell,,,,,,,texas
Posts: 832
well i used to love slipknot when i was younger,and to tell you the truth,slipknot got me into death metal. if i know anyone who likes slipknot,that most of the time they will like real metal too,so if one of my friends likes slipknot ill burn them a metal cd and most of the time they will like it,ive gotten atleast 4 people into real metal because of slipknot. i dont really listen to slipknot anymore but i can stand them.
 
Old 2004-12-29, 18:41
slayme_returns's Avatar
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Tejas
Posts: 2,534
This thread kicks all sorts of ass.


Oh, and Slipknot rules. In fact, moments ago, I was on my way to the CD player to put the new Slipknot in and I stepped on the case to Iron Maiden's 'Somewhere In Time'' record. I chuckled. I chuckled because Maiden ain't got shit on Slipknot, both of their guitarists blow those overrated faggots right out of the water.

Taste me.

Last edited by slayme_returns : 2004-12-29 at 18:45.
 
Old 2004-12-29, 18:52
JimRoot4
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 59
Slipknot is actually a good band... the fact that they have 9 people in the band is quite amazing.. if you like them you like them if you dont you dont.. dont go around dissing them just because you listen to death metal.. the reason they have videos for some of the soft songs and why there being played on mtv is so they can host it and play all kinds of metal.. there amazing live... most of the people on these forums hate slipknot because there influenced by others saying shit like that.. i've scene people diss them all the time... and i cant stand the old stuff... 70's.. 80's.. get over it.. that was then.. this is now... slipknot is a great band...
 
Old 2004-12-29, 18:57
JimRoot4
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 59
And no im not talking about maiden or slayer.. or any of those great bands.. im talking about acdc and guns'n'roses and all of them get over them.. kids at the age of 13 and 14 and 15... all where there t-shirts to school and diss alll kinds of metal.. im sick of them god... kids that think just because they can play stair way to heaven thing there greaat guitarist its rediculous..
 
Old 2004-12-29, 19:08
lamb_of_god's Avatar
lamb_of_god
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Glen Burnie, Maryland
Posts: 958
Exclamation Oh no................

OK. Confession time? Nu-metal I like : Drowning Pool and Godsmack

It's OK with me if you like that stuff, just DON'T POST IT ON HERE!!!!!! EVERYONE HATES THEM CUZ THEY SUCK!!!

To he who started this thread:
To everyone else: I'm not a big nu-metal fan. But I think those two guys are cool. Have I ever posted in support of nu-metal here? NO. CUZ IT'S A METAL site!!!! DER!!!!!! I do think it's possible to enjoy that and true metal at the same time, but in the end true metal triumphs.

JUST DON'T DO THIS AGAIN, OR ELSE!!!
__________________
R.I.P. SAINT DIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Everything is funny you just gotta look at it the right way.


Quote:
You know I believe in a ruling class, particuarly since I rule.

-Randal, Clerks


scientology

MySpace

scientology
 
Old 2004-12-29, 20:02
slayme_returns's Avatar
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Tejas
Posts: 2,534
Jesus Christ, shut your whining hole.

Slipknot are greater than any other band on the planet, accept it.
 
Old 2004-12-29, 20:13
lamb_of_god's Avatar
lamb_of_god
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Glen Burnie, Maryland
Posts: 958
You, sir, suck.
__________________
R.I.P. SAINT DIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Everything is funny you just gotta look at it the right way.


Quote:
You know I believe in a ruling class, particuarly since I rule.

-Randal, Clerks


scientology

MySpace

scientology
 
Old 2004-12-29, 20:35
Dystopia's Avatar
Dystopia
Post-whore
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRoot4
And no im not talking about maiden or slayer.. or any of those great bands.. im talking about acdc and guns'n'roses and all of them get over them.. kids at the age of 13 and 14 and 15... all where there t-shirts to school and diss alll kinds of metal.. im sick of them god... kids that think just because they can play stair way to heaven thing there greaat guitarist its rediculous..

You shut the fuck up. The difference between ACDC and Slipknot is that in five years NO ONE will even remember Slipknot.
__________________
t('~'t)
( ( ) )
 
Old 2004-12-29, 20:39
philkilla's Avatar
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere down the road
Posts: 2,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRoot4
Slipknot is actually a good band... the fact that they have 9 people in the band is quite amazing.. if you like them you like them if you dont you dont.. dont go around dissing them just because you listen to death metal.. the reason they have videos for some of the soft songs and why there being played on mtv is so they can host it and play all kinds of metal.. there amazing live... most of the people on these forums hate slipknot because there influenced by others saying shit like that.. i've scene people diss them all the time... and i cant stand the old stuff... 70's.. 80's.. get over it.. that was then.. this is now... slipknot is a great band...




What do you have against AC/DC and GNR???? Those guys influenced all the (rock) music that is out now.....or at least a vast majority of it. You really need to learn to love the oldies before you can love some new pop-metal band.
__________________


My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us


Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.
 
Old 2004-12-29, 20:55
JimRoot4
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 59
I despise hearing there names.. i didn't say anything about there music..
 
Old 2004-12-29, 21:02
JimRoot4
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 59
Talking

and wtf are you talking about slipknot isn't pop-metal... I bet if you were go to a slipknot concert and think you would go and diss them.. you would get your ass kicked so fast.. you need to face it.. Slipknot is a great band.. you probably haven't even followed them threw out the years so you have no idea why they choose to make a record such as subliminal verses... you've probably only heard the song duality.. god... so why dont you shut the fuck up
 
Old 2004-12-29, 21:19
philkilla's Avatar
philkilla
Crusher of Skulls
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere down the road
Posts: 2,188
As a matter of fact, I used to love them, and I have all three albums....that shit just got stale man. Even if I did get beat the fuck up at one of their shows....it would be by about 15 high-school kids probably.....cus they can't defend themselves.
__________________


My Trust is in WHISKEY and WEEDand SLAYER
Long live DIMEBAG
ROGspace Cunts. Book us


Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
You thought of mixing wheat flour with saturated fat, and putting it the resultant shit in a styrofoam cup. Shine on, you crazy dead yellow diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
May the best cunt win.
 
Old 2004-12-29, 21:19
PST 88's Avatar
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,982
I've heard every song they've put out. I give a fair listen to everything if I have any reason whatsoever to do so, and try to form my own opinions. I've even listened to every Burzum song, and everyone knows how I feel about them. I never hold an opinion of a band based on what the rest of the metal scene feels. So I've given them a good listen, and I guess that allows me the right to talk. Shut up. If you like them, fine. But nobody has to 'face' anything. You can't make them great by insisting they are ad nauseum. All you can do is confirm people's low opinions of Slipknot fans.

Of course I'd get my ass kicked if I talked shit about them to a concert hall full of people and they decided to all take me on. What does it prove about the band that I'm not tougher than a couple hundred people working in concert against me? We already knew this. I'm not Steven Seagal, and life isn't a shitty Seagal flick. Even if every single Slipknot fan in the world could beat me up in a fair fight, it wouldn't mean anything. Don't be a dumbass. I know it's hard. Just fight it.

Oh, and slayme has a point.
 
Old 2004-12-29, 22:06
Chris Rezendes's Avatar
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Alone here, with emptiness, eagles, and snow...
Posts: 3,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRoot4
and wtf are you talking about slipknot isn't pop-metal... I bet if you were go to a slipknot concert and think you would go and diss them.. you would get your ass kicked so fast.. you need to face it.. Slipknot is a great band.. you probably haven't even followed them threw out the years so you have no idea why they choose to make a record such as subliminal verses... you've probably only heard the song duality.. god... so why dont you shut the fuck up


This, kiddies, is a perfect example of what is wrong with internet forums. First off, anybody with all of their fingers can log on to one and post random words that betray everything we've come to learn about syntax and semantics, nevermind making logical sense. The second biggest problem is that you can not reach through your monitor and punch these changelings in the face. If I could, I'd knock this retard's teeth so far down his fucking throat he'd be shitting them out in an hour.

Every single day I am completely amazed by how moronic some of you are. It's almost tragic that people this stupid can even exist. A few of you really need to avoid computers altogether and put your helmets back on before you hurt yourselves. Go entertain yourselves with something shiny.

I can't believe how easy PST88 went on you. I can't be the only one seriously annoyed by the sudden influx of imbecililty.
__________________
Trust in god, he'll give you shoes!

Last edited by ChrisRezendes : 2004-12-29 at 22:10.
 
Old 2004-12-29, 22:08
Dystopia's Avatar
Dystopia
Post-whore
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRoot4
and wtf are you talking about slipknot isn't pop-metal... I bet if you were go to a slipknot concert and think you would go and diss them.. you would get your ass kicked so fast.. you need to face it.. Slipknot is a great band.. you probably haven't even followed them threw out the years so you have no idea why they choose to make a record such as subliminal verses... you've probably only heard the song duality.. god... so why dont you shut the fuck up


__________________
t('~'t)
( ( ) )
 
Old 2004-12-29, 22:14
JimRoot4
Metalhead
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 59
hahahaha
 
Old 2004-12-29, 22:33
Dystopia's Avatar
Dystopia
Post-whore
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,068
By the way, why hasn't this been locked yet? I find it very funny what these people have to say, but usually any thread with the word slipknot in it is locked in a matter of minutes.
__________________
t('~'t)
( ( ) )
 
Old 2004-12-29, 23:42
Rapture's Avatar
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Lutz, FL
Posts: 2,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia
You shut the fuck up. The difference between ACDC and Slipknot is that in five years NO ONE will even remember Slipknot.


i will
 
Old 2004-12-29, 23:44
Rapture's Avatar
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Lutz, FL
Posts: 2,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayme_returns
Jesus Christ, shut your whining hole.

Slipknot are greater than any other band on the planet, accept it.


your persuasive skills are AMAZING. do you work out?
 
Old 2004-12-30, 01:56
Pandemonium's Avatar
Pandemonium
Post-whore
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRoot4
and wtf are you talking about slipknot isn't pop-metal... I bet if you were go to a slipknot concert and think you would go and diss them.. you would get your ass kicked so fast.. you need to face it.. Slipknot is a great band.. you probably haven't even followed them threw out the years so you have no idea why they choose to make a record such as subliminal verses... you've probably only heard the song duality.. god... so why dont you shut the fuck up


Man, you suck at the English language.
 
Old 2004-12-30, 02:59
andrewc
Post-whore
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRezendes
I can't be the only one seriously annoyed by the sudden influx of imbecililty.


you sure as hell aren't the only one.
 
Old 2004-12-30, 03:25
ManOwaR's Avatar
ManOwaR
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Iceland
Posts: 1,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRezendes
I can't be the only one seriously annoyed by the sudden influx of imbecililty.


you use to many big words what does "influx" and "imbecility" mean?
__________________
There are two kinds of peoble in this world, those who like me and those who can go to hell

Last edited by ManOwaR : 2004-12-30 at 03:29.
 
Old 2004-12-30, 03:43
timedragon's Avatar
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: upon raging waves
Posts: 4,499
slipknot is terrible.
i dont like stuff that is simply heavy, so that would never work
i dont like riff after riff that could be pulled off after playing guitar for 1 week
6+ members is usually unnecessary, especially in their case, ESPECIALLY.
i dont like corey's gay voice
i dont care for clowns really
i hate an army of fat poser fans
i dont like djs
im tired of thinking about slipknot
therefore, my reasons will be cut short.
 
Old 2004-12-30, 04:24
Infinity's Avatar
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,510
I WAD AT A SLINOT CONCERT AN SUM GUY SED O MAN SLIPNOT ARE DUM ANSD SILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 BUT I GOT MY BUIDDIEYS AND WE GOT HIM GOD!!1 IT WAS DA COLEST, AN SLIIPNOT IS TRH BESTEST BAND! man! nca u imagen a band as god as tem?????????//? NNOOOOOOoo111111111111111111

N w 1 thet like slikpnt id teh cool!
 
Old 2004-12-30, 12:22
slayme_returns's Avatar
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Tejas
Posts: 2,534
God damn this thread rocks. HARD.

You're all fucking sheep.
 
Old 2004-12-30, 13:24
warlock_freak's Avatar
warlock_freak
Senior Metalhead
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 115
WhOa

now i know what it means to be flamed. hard. But, i havnt gotten enough flaming so if you wanna let loose, be my guest
 
Old 2004-12-30, 14:37
brainsforbreakfast's Avatar
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Yggdrassyl
Posts: 4,321
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
Why would you sig that?
Why not? Why would you sig me saying that I hate you? I was serious there, too.


I'm in despair! The internet has left me in despair!
 
Old 2004-12-30, 15:02
PST 88's Avatar
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,982
You guys need to learn from slayme. Metalheads talk more about Slipknot than anything else. Remember when I was talking about how easy it is to ignore them? The only obstacle to that is the fact that metalheads talk about them more than anyone else. Every other conversation is either Slipknot or Necrophagist, and I don't want to talk about either. I don't give a shit if you don't like a band; you don't have to take a personal war against them. This shit can bounce off you like a BB off a tank, but not if you obsess about it. That's not being above trends. That's proving you're of the exact same borderline-retarded stock of the people you despise. Which brings me to my next point.

I took it easy on Jim because he's not noticeably stupider than anyone else in this here thread, with the obvious exceptions. I'm not personally a fan of piss poor spelling and reasoning, but it's less boring than 'blah blah blah suck, blah blah blah simple.' Simple? How the hell is that a reason? Simple doesn't mean bad. Bad means bad. Crowbar isn't exactly complex, but you might notice that they rule more than your favorite band. Black Sabbath is a simple affair to play, but they also rule. My favorite riff is the first one in Into the Void, which I probably could've played after a week of playing. You know why I love it? Because it fuckin' works. When the fuck did complexity become a substitute for good songwriting?

Now, I know, Slipknot don't exactly write well, but none of you've been taking that into account. I don't like the music. But it has nothing to do with the fact that I could tab it out in my spare time. It has to do with the fact that I don't think it works. If it were ten times as technical, it still wouldn't work. But if it were ten times as technical, they'd be some unknown band and wouldn't be the accessible metal band they are. If listening to Slipknot gets someone to pick up a Slayer CD, and dig in from there, then that's cool. If tuning onto MTV2 to check out a Slipknot video gets them to accidentally see I, Voyager, I'm happy as fuck. If anybody's noticed, there's been an influx (sudden inward flow. 'Imbecility' means 'stupidity,' but is somewhat harsher) of cash into the real metal scene that's just happened to coincide with the rise of nu-metal. Now, I want my favorite bands to do well without compromising, and if this happens because some other band has compromised, I'm cool with that. If nu-metal means some band I like gets a better deal because the labels think there must be something to metal, then I am a happy fuckin' camper. These bands need to exist, just like cheap, shit beer needs to exist so people can develop a taste for alcohol and not drink the good shit I like without appreciation for it. Despite what Bourdieau says, it's necessary to acclimate yourself to this shit. You don't go from 0 to Cephalic Carnage in 3 seconds. So don't listen to it, and let that be the end of it. Ignore it. Shut up about it. All of you.
 
Old 2004-12-30, 16:35
johnmansley's Avatar
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 5,975
Too right, PST.
__________________
Album of the day:

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn
 
Old 2004-12-30, 16:36
The Execrator's Avatar
The Execrator
Noob lud
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Upstate New Yaawwk
Posts: 3,499
Slipknot was my stepping stone into metal. I stopped liking them about 2 years ago because i discovered better music and the singer is gay. He looks like a fag and he talks shit about everyone in his interviews when almost anyone could kick his ass. I would think at least. Joey is a half decent drummer. He blasts on the last album every once in a while and hes pretty good at it. My cousin put the cd on my ipod and told me it was good. The only thing that was anywhere near good was the drums.
__________________
9/23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.
 
Old 2004-12-30, 17:10
Knight's Avatar
Knight
Senior Metalhead
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 313
Don't they have a clown guy who just jumps around on stage and doesn't play any instrument?
 
Old 2004-12-30, 19:49
Chris Rezendes's Avatar
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Alone here, with emptiness, eagles, and snow...
Posts: 3,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
I took it easy on Jim because he's not noticeably stupider than anyone else in this here thread, with the obvious exceptions. I'm not personally a fan of piss poor spelling and reasoning, but it's less boring than 'blah blah blah suck, blah blah blah simple.'


He seems noticeably dumber than most here to me. Truthfully, I probably would've just ignored him as if he were any other idiot, but his post was, if you'll pardon the cliche, the straw that broke the camel's back. Post upon idiotic post can sometimes get to you. Apparently my limit was exceeded when this loser just felt the need to type seemingly random words, throw in 'slipknot' a few times, and call it a post. Serioulsy, I'm sure that I (and anybody else who can tie their shoes) understood the English langauge better than that when I (we) was (were) in 2nd grade.

I was surprised you took it easy on him based on some of the things you've said before to other people who aren't even half as dumb as he. I forgot some of the things you've told me regarding yourself, so I suppose I was expecting the angry PST88 the oldtimers here use to get, which was, admittedly, my mistake.
__________________
Trust in god, he'll give you shoes!
 
Old 2004-12-30, 21:23
brainsforbreakfast's Avatar
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Yggdrassyl
Posts: 4,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight
Don't they have a clown guy who just jumps around on stage and doesn't play any instrument?


Actualy, they have two of those guys. They do bang on oil drums now and then however
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
Why would you sig that?
Why not? Why would you sig me saying that I hate you? I was serious there, too.


I'm in despair! The internet has left me in despair!
 
Old 2004-12-30, 23:25
timedragon's Avatar
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: upon raging waves
Posts: 4,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
You guys need to learn from slayme. Metalheads talk more about Slipknot than anything else. Remember when I was talking about how easy it is to ignore them? The only obstacle to that is the fact that metalheads talk about them more than anyone else. Every other conversation is either Slipknot or Necrophagist, and I don't want to talk about either. I don't give a shit if you don't like a band; you don't have to take a personal war against them. This shit can bounce off you like a BB off a tank, but not if you obsess about it. That's not being above trends. That's proving you're of the exact same borderline-retarded stock of the people you despise.


uh, im just replying to a freakin thread. and not even as fully as i couldve at that. mainly just to throw a few decent reasons as to why slipknot sucks for that guy who started the thread.
 
Old 2004-12-31, 00:20
PST 88's Avatar
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,982
timedragon: Don't take everything so personally. I don't know you, chances are good that I don't care about you, and if I'm talking about you I'll make sure to single you out. I wasn't talking about this thread in particular. It's epidemic. I don't care if anyone lists the reasons why they're a weak band. I'm just annoyed by the way Metaldom seems to obsess about the more popular, but worse, bands out there instead of focusing on what's good. I focus on the music I like. The only bands I take the time to bash are the ones I once loved and can't stop myself from caring about.

Chris: I get out my fire and brimstone elsewhere. I've actually been in a piss poor mood lately, and rewrote a much harsher post into the one I left up there because I try to free my arguments from emotional response when possible. But mostly it all boils down to the fact that, right now, I'm more annoyed by the 'true' attitude of most metalheads than I am about the banal idiocy of your average web-goer. Probably because everyone knows I'm not some undereducated moron struggling to make an invalid point through the syntax of a Tristan Tzara poem, but it's not as easy to distinguish myself from the people I've chosen to group myself in with when I think they're being a herd of morons. So I'm directing my current acerbic mood at the people I hope to improve rather than at the one I've got no hope for. This is why I've taken it so easy on him and so comparatively hard on everyone else, even if I do hold a low opinion of the band in question. Because wasting the energy on this band is counter-productive; like I said, save that shit for when you need to prove how hard you are in the Black Metal scene. Most should do away with that shit. This is as true of any other band as of Slipknot. I don't need to hear them bashed every time they're brought up. The same is true of Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nirvana, whatever. I don't personally like any of these bands. I also don't like being hit in the head with a metal tray. I avoid getting hit in the head by a metal tray. I avoid dwelling on the bands I don't like.

That's all a part of why I was happy to see you give a list of reasons why the band sucked instead of just a random catalogue of popular terms of underground hate. To me there's a huge difference between saying 'Well, this band does nothing for me. Here's why, since you asked: etc' and 'They suck and everyone who likes them must be missing both testicles. I'm so metal I need to live in a special environment because the natural moisture in the air causes me to rust.'
 
Old 2004-12-31, 01:38
Ten Ton Alien's Avatar
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Portugal
Posts: 1,234
i agree with the guy above.

just ignore the bands you don't like. no point shouting out how bad they are. it's not like they're going to listen to you and change their sound.
 
Old 2004-12-31, 02:38
timedragon's Avatar
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: upon raging waves
Posts: 4,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayme_returns
Oh, and Slipknot rules. In fact, moments ago, I was on my way to the CD player to put the new Slipknot in and I stepped on the case to Iron Maiden's 'Somewhere In Time'' record. I chuckled. I chuckled because Maiden ain't got shit on Slipknot, both of their guitarists blow those overrated faggots right out of the water.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
' I'm so metal I need to live in a special environment because the natural moisture in the air causes me to rust.'


good laughs^^^
 
Old 2004-12-31, 03:17
MyOwnSavior's Avatar
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: La Follette
Posts: 2,400
I just hate Slipknot. I don't want to go into details because it doesn't really matter. Trust me, there are far worse things out there than Slipknot's influence on the metal scene. I found that out after watching Resident Evil Apocalypse.
__________________
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'. - Early Cuyler
 
Old 2004-12-31, 03:26
Pandemonium's Avatar
Pandemonium
Post-whore
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOwnSavior
I just hate Slipknot. I don't want to go into details because it doesn't really matter. Trust me, there are far worse things out there than Slipknot's influence on the metal scene. I found that out after watching Resident Evil Apocalypse.


Man, that movie was such a disgrace to the games.
 
Old 2004-12-31, 03:32
lamb_of_god's Avatar
lamb_of_god
Supreme Metalhead
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Glen Burnie, Maryland
Posts: 958
Haven't seen it, don't think I will. Does it have anything to do with Slipknot?
__________________
R.I.P. SAINT DIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Everything is funny you just gotta look at it the right way.


Quote:
You know I believe in a ruling class, particuarly since I rule.

-Randal, Clerks


scientology

MySpace

scientology
 
Old 2004-12-31, 03:59
MyOwnSavior's Avatar
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: La Follette
Posts: 2,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamb_of_god
Haven't seen it, don't think I will. Does it have anything to do with Slipknot?
Slipknot is on the soundtrack. But even if you didn't play the game series, you'll hate the movie since its so stupid.
__________________
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'. - Early Cuyler
 
Old 2004-12-31, 06:18
MetalThrashingMad's Avatar
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Highway to the Danger Zone
Posts: 6,026
OMFG AN0TH3R THREAD AB00T SLIPKN0T LOLZZZ!!1111
There are way too many of there out there

1. Dio and Bruce Dickinson were doing an approximately 100x better and more talented singing approach than corey like in 1983. Where does that leave corey And for the distorted AND great singing approach, look at Anselmo on the cfh album. And that is probably their least praised alnum.

2. If any talented drummer (Sandoval, Reinart, Flo, Zabek) came along and bit the tip of any nu-metal fag's penises, they would never detect a thing. Hell Ventor was doing a better job 15+ years ago on Extreme Agressions and he gets faarrrrrr less praise than joey What the hell went wrong there?

3. Overall the band has brought no new talent or inovativeness to the table. A group of drunken mongoloids could do at least a good of a job as slipknot.


And just to get this off topic, look at these weird things I just found.
asianballs
busted
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
"Ja mein little poodle, I will hang you by your nipples in my garage,

Last edited by MetalThrashingMad : 2004-12-31 at 06:38.
 
Old 2004-12-31, 06:39
Soulinsane's Avatar
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hanger 18
Posts: 6,520
I have been gone nearly a month and this question is still here
__________________
Authorized Mercury Magnetics tech/dealer
 
Old 2004-12-31, 06:41
MetalThrashingMad's Avatar
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Highway to the Danger Zone
Posts: 6,026
Sad ain't it?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
"Ja mein little poodle, I will hang you by your nipples in my garage,
 
Old 2004-12-31, 06:45
Soulinsane's Avatar
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hanger 18
Posts: 6,520
I've so missed the flamings of Metaltabs

I went home and everyone was like, "Do you like Licken Pump?".

"what do you think of Dicksnots's new albem?".

I set them strait before I came home though.
__________________
Authorized Mercury Magnetics tech/dealer
 
Old 2004-12-31, 07:11
Chris Rezendes's Avatar
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Alone here, with emptiness, eagles, and snow...
Posts: 3,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
'I'm so metal I need to live in a special environment because the natural moisture in the air causes me to rust.'


You had to be laughing your ass off when you typed that. I can't imagine typing something like this without falling out of my chair. It kind of sounds like something Manowar might say.

Oh, and for the record I read your whole post, this was just something I could not let go by without mention.
__________________
Trust in god, he'll give you shoes!
 
Old 2004-12-31, 07:13
MetalThrashingMad's Avatar
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Highway to the Danger Zone
Posts: 6,026
That PST 88 is so damn witty

I am gonna quote that

EDIT: dammit its too long and im not taking out the true metal lifestyle
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
"Ja mein little poodle, I will hang you by your nipples in my garage,

Last edited by MetalThrashingMad : 2004-12-31 at 07:15.
 
Old 2004-12-31, 08:03
PST 88's Avatar
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,982
You're the last person I'd expect to skim through the entire post. Nobody else here comes close to my old post length on so regular a basis.

And yeah, I was laughing as I wrote that. Not as much as I should have been, because I'm in this weird pissy mood tonight, but I still was.

Oh, and since that thread was closed: you're right about pseudo-intellectualism. I'm not a fan of stupidity, but stupidity hiding behind these banal stabs at impressing with one's thought process is the worst. Of course, the time I've put in at hipster cafes - because I like to experience someting before I reject it if I get the chance - and in the lit and philosophy classes in school might have given me a low tolerance for this shit.
 
Old 2005-01-01, 00:54
Dissection's Avatar
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: 19713, Delaware
Posts: 5,739
Don't remember if I posted about this...

I don't mind their self titled, and their newest. I hate them because of their appearance, and their attitude. They act like they are the shit, when they have very little to back it up.

They should just all go their seperate ways. It would be much better that way.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist
The one time I go to check this thread, it mentions me getting fucked by a dude.

Awesome.
 
Old 2005-01-01, 01:51
Zertonshfits's Avatar
Zertonshfits
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Down the street from nHoE
Posts: 1,716
Posted by Hate Eternal [QUOTE]3.They inspired a whole bunch 13 - 15 yr old posers who dress in black think there goth and "hail satan"[QUOTE]



hey im a 14 year old and im not a posser. ya i wair black but i dont 'hail satan'. what do u guys have agains us kids ne way. i play guitar (slayer and pantera not st. anger or shit like that) and i listen to six feet under and stuff too.

Last edited by Zertonshfits : 2005-01-01 at 01:55.
 
Old 2005-01-01, 02:00
Infinity's Avatar
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,510
IM JUD S KID!!!!!!1 BUT IM NO POSSER!! I LIKE REALY METAL AND PLAYS GUITARS!@~ DONT DIS ME, JUS COD I WHERE BALCK DONT NOT MENE IM NO COOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 SLIPKNOT DA ROXOOOOOOORSSSSSSXXXXXXXXXXZZZZZZZZZZZXCVDF
 
Old 2005-01-01, 02:08
Dystopia's Avatar
Dystopia
Post-whore
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,068
[QUOTE=Zertonshfits]Posted by Hate Eternal
Quote:
3.They inspired a whole bunch 13 - 15 yr old posers who dress in black think there goth and "hail satan"[QUOTE]



hey im a 14 year old and im not a posser. ya i wair black but i dont 'hail satan'. what do u guys have agains us kids ne way. i play guitar (slayer and pantera not st. anger or shit like that) and i listen to six feet under and stuff too.

I bet you have a weak mustache that you're very proud of.
__________________
t('~'t)
( ( ) )
 
Old 2005-01-01, 03:35
Chris Rezendes's Avatar
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Alone here, with emptiness, eagles, and snow...
Posts: 3,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zertonshfits

hey im a 14 year old and im not a posser. ya i wair black but i dont 'hail satan'. what do u guys have agains us kids ne way. i play guitar (slayer and pantera not st. anger or shit like that) and i listen to six feet under and stuff too.


Holy shit, we might have a record. 25 errors in a 53 word post, that's impressive! If this was a joke, kudos, you've certainly accentuated everything that is annoying about the group of people you claim to represent. If not, dude, pay more attention in English class. I know for a fact when I was 14 I could avoid having a 47% error rate while typing on a computer, a machine where you can actually fix any original errors.
__________________
Trust in god, he'll give you shoes!
 
Old 2005-01-01, 03:37
PST 88's Avatar
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,982
That is a lot of mistakes. If you keep this up, you'll make most of these kids look like geniuses.
 
Old 2005-01-01, 05:14
Dissection's Avatar
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: 19713, Delaware
Posts: 5,739
[QUOTE=Zertonshfits]Posted by Hate Eternal
Quote:
3.They inspired a whole bunch 13 - 15 yr old posers who dress in black think there goth and "hail satan"[QUOTE]



hey im a 14 year old and im not a posser. ya i wair black but i dont 'hail satan'. what do u guys have agains us kids ne way. i play guitar (slayer and pantera not st. anger or shit like that) and i listen to six feet under and stuff too.


Six Feet Blunder just proves that you are a poser. I hope someone stuffs your phallus back where it belongs.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist
The one time I go to check this thread, it mentions me getting fucked by a dude.

Awesome.
 
Old 2005-01-01, 05:19
DeathCS's Avatar
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Minneapolis.
Posts: 5,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRezendes
Holy shit, we might have a record. 25 errors in a 53 word post, that's impressive! If this was a joke, kudos, you've certainly accentuated everything that is annoying about the group of people you claim to represent. If not, dude, pay more attention in English class. I know for a fact when I was 14 I could avoid having a 47% error rate while typing on a computer, a machine where you can actually fix any original errors.

Hahaha, he's one of the worst I've seen.

Anyways, I'm still wondering, Why hasn't this thread been closed?
__________________
This is my signature.
 
Old 2005-01-01, 06:13
PST 88's Avatar
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,982
Because dipshits like you don't mod. Just for the future record: every time every single one of you wonder 'why hasn't this thread been closed?', chances are very good that that's the answer. Mods know how to do their job. Shut up.
 
Old 2005-01-01, 10:16
LesserMan's Avatar
LesserMan
New Blood
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 3
first things first.. ive have a quick glance thru this thread but thats it read a few posts..


Quote:
Originally Posted by timedragon
slipknot is terrible.
i dont like stuff that is simply heavy, so that would never work
i dont like riff after riff that could be pulled off after playing guitar for 1 week
6+ members is usually unnecessary, especially in their case, ESPECIALLY.
i dont like corey's gay voice
i dont care for clowns really
i hate an army of fat poser fans
i dont like djs
im tired of thinking about slipknot
therefore, my reasons will be cut short.


If you can play some of the better slipknot riffs after playing guitar from scratch in 1 week then you my friend are a very good guitar player..

Next, not everyone likes there music so why such a rant ? seriously dont like dont need to tell everyone.. get a life.

as for selling out i dont see how you call them selling out.. i think there last album is fairly decent.. and thats a my honest opioion. and ill stand by that. It appeals to a a certain genre and if that happens to be people that like dressing up in masks and make up so fucking be it.

As for th remarks of joey being a shit drummer i simply laugh..
 
Old 2005-01-01, 10:20
MoonRaven's Avatar
MoonRaven
Lo, they do call to me...
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: virginia beach, VA
Posts: 2,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
Because dipshits like you don't mod. Just for the future record: every time every single one of you wonder 'why hasn't this thread been closed?', chances are very good that that's the answer. Mods know how to do their job. Shut up.

i, in a non-sexual way, love you, PST, your posts say everything i want to say, but am usually either too tired to do so, or i feel it would be wasted effort. thank you, your posts brighten my days.
__________________
Too grim to function
 
Old 2005-01-01, 13:38
Cloaca's Avatar
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Melbourne, AUS
Posts: 2,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserMan
first things first.. ive have a quick glance thru this thread but thats it read a few posts..

If you can play some of the better slipknot riffs after playing guitar from scratch in 1 week then you my friend are a very good guitar player..

Next, not everyone likes there music so why such a rant ? seriously dont like dont need to tell everyone.. get a life.

as for selling out i dont see how you call them selling out.. i think there last album is fairly decent.. and thats a my honest opioion. and ill stand by that. It appeals to a a certain genre and if that happens to be people that like dressing up in masks and make up so fucking be it.

As for th remarks of joey being a shit drummer i simply laugh..


Either you didn't read PST's and Chris' posts or you're simply the latest dumb fuck to wander through these parts. I think it's the latter. Now fuck off back to Kalgoorlie.
__________________
ROBERT NOWAK FOR PRESIDENT!
OMG ONE MORE THING MY HERO CAN U HELP FIRST RIFF CLOUDED? THANK YOU

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Top

========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2014 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.