Still Life
Damnation
Orchid

Old 2005-01-14, 19:57
LordofStorms
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRoseImmortal
How can you not like anything else? Blackwater Park is everything Opeth are about, crammed into one recording. If you like it then you can't dislike any other release.

Thats exactly the kind of comment to expect from somone named after one of there songs. Hey there not a bad band at all(prob. one of the most talented)i just don't dig anything else.

Old 2005-01-15, 17:37
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofStorms
Thats exactly the kind of comment to expect from somone named after one of there songs. Hey there not a bad band at all(prob. one of the most talented)i just don't dig anything else.

hey man its all about opinion...

Old 2005-01-15, 17:43
Zionist
My Ass, Your Face

Maybe he thinks the other Opeth albums suck.
Wore her out before I could finish(which im grateful for)

Funeral Mulch; My brutal death metal band from West Michigan.

Old 2005-01-15, 18:21
LordofStorms
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionist
Maybe he thinks the other Opeth albums suck.

No its not that they suck,I just didn't get the same atmospheric feeling i get from BP,and his clean vox get on my nerves for some reason.

Old 2005-01-15, 18:39
BlackRoseImmortal
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofStorms

All I was saying is that there is hardly any difference between BWP and MAYH, Still Life and Deliverance, so I couldn't see how you like only one.

Old 2005-01-15, 19:26
MoonRaven
Lo, they do call to me...

i would have to disagree with you there, MAYH and deliverance are totally different, guitar sound wise, vocal wise, even the bass work.
SL differs little from MAYH, BWP differs little from SL, and D1 differs little from BWP, but you add all that up, and you get a big difference between D1 and MAYH, and even SL, the wrote the music differently on D1 then the did on SL, stylisticly, the music on SL had more obscure music in it then the rest of the albums, IMO, while deliverance has more chord work.

Old 2005-01-16, 03:27
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

ok...ok...why exactly are we arguing about one of the greatest bands of all time?!!?!? if you dont like an album great. if you do even better. but if you really are a fan of opeth you could really grow to accept any music they put out (its not like they sold out so there shouldnt be a problem) every album has weaknesses and strengths but some may prevail moreso than others...do what you will with that....

Old 2005-01-16, 23:40
Corpsevomit98
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbifoodslicer
ok...ok...why exactly are we arguing about one of the greatest bands of all time?!!?!? if you dont like an album great. if you do even better. but if you really are a fan of opeth you could really grow to accept any music they put out (its not like they sold out so there shouldnt be a problem) every album has weaknesses and strengths but some may prevail moreso than others...do what you will with that....

Your a fucking jackass shut up. Anyway choosing a favorite opeth album all goes on preferance of musical enjoyment. The older albums were less death metally (in an opeth way) and were more focused on melody and more dual guitar harmonies. Later on mainly from morningrise to My Arms Youre Hearse,you can blatenly see the difference. MAYH they used more deeper, thicker guitar riffs and still kept the melody without losing the thikness. this happened to BWP as well. Deliverance was the same story but Damnation was them just trying seomthing new. They incorperated blues and jazzy shit into it. So its all preferance you raving jackasses.

Old 2005-01-17, 01:28
far_beyond_sane
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Quote:
If you like it then you can't dislike any other release.

Damn, I didn't know there were rules. I'll have to return my badge.

For some reason, I have listened to Still Life a hell of a lot recently. Seem to be in the mood for older, more melodic stuff right now. This will probably change in about two weeks.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2005-01-17, 01:31
Crimson Thought
Metalhead

coming home from work tonight, I had a chance to listen to Orchid all the way through, which I haven't done in about a year, and I'd have to say it's shot up to my number one album by them again. BWP was up there for a while and then morningrise...they've all had their time as my favorites but I just love how orchid seems more blackish and just plain raw opeth, and its a change from deliverance or anything, cause I can see that back when orchid was made they had a slightly different idea in mind.

edit: Yeah, to far beyond sane, I know what you mean. I was listening to Still Life a lot about a month ago but my mood for different opeth albums just changes every once in a while.I've been listening to a lot of Orchid and Where dead angels lie recently

A vomit-type substance is formed from its innards
A festering slime that revels inside

The substance erupts and its stomach bursts open
Forced down your throat to regurgitate life

Old 2005-01-17, 15:12
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsevomit98
Your a fucking jackass shut up. Anyway choosing a favorite opeth album all goes on preferance of musical enjoyment. The older albums were less death metally (in an opeth way) and were more focused on melody and more dual guitar harmonies. Later on mainly from morningrise to My Arms Youre Hearse,you can blatenly see the difference. MAYH they used more deeper, thicker guitar riffs and still kept the melody without losing the thikness. this happened to BWP as well. Deliverance was the same story but Damnation was them just trying seomthing new. They incorperated blues and jazzy shit into it. So its all preferance you raving jackasses.

you fucken jew...where do i ever say that there is no difference between albums ...jew...all i said is learn to accept their style...kinda like what you must do with your wet noodle you call ur cock...

Old 2005-01-17, 17:56
BlackRoseImmortal
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
you fucken jew...where do i ever say that there is no difference between albums ...jew...all i said is learn to accept their style...kinda like what you must do with your wet noodle you call ur cock...

I think the only bit aimed at you was his first sentence.

Old 2005-01-18, 01:30
Crimson Thought
Metalhead

Rabbit: Shut up with the jew shit, it doesn't really help your case any, it actually kinda takes away form the point you were trying to make. but anyways, regarding what you said about accepting anything they put out, I assume you like Damnation as well?

on a different note, how about anyone naming some songs of different Opeth albums that either sound the same or sound like they could have been in the same song?

Old 2005-01-18, 16:19
metalheadrr3
New Blood

My favorite Opeth CD is the "Favorite Hits" CD that I burned yesterday
Pantera, Slayer, Meshuggah, Metallica, Necrophagist, Vehemence, Killswitch Engage, Nile, Dying Fetus, Opeth, Dimension Zero, The Haunted, The Forsaken, Anata, Grimfist, Lacuna Coil, Ayreon, Carcass, Imperanon, Children of Bodom, Hate Eternal, Bolt Thrower, In Flames, Soilwork, Arch Enemy, Carnal Forge, Nevermore, Hypocrisy, Decapitated, Suffocation, God Forbid, Divine Empire, Fear Factory, Machine Head, Damage Plan, Black Label Society, Lamb of God, Death, BOOM!

Old 2005-01-18, 16:22
Crimson Thought
Metalhead

^^ lol, now THAT'S the way to go about it.

Old 2005-01-18, 22:21
MoonRaven

Quote:

yeah, we dont put up with racist comments in any form, so if you keep that shit up, you will, and i repeat, WILL be banned.

Old 2005-01-18, 22:31
Crimson Thought
Metalhead

not only that, but its just a vapid and rudimentary way to reply to someone in general.
what is it lately with people who can't handle other's opinions about something they like?
Opeth is one of my all time favorite bands but I dont get pissed when someone says they suck because I know its just their opinion, and its not like everyone else in the world is going to listen to them.

Now if someone told me Opeth sucked because their guitar work was like sittng on rusty a dildo, or that sum41's drummer is way better than Gene Hoglan, then they're just doing it for a rise.

But for the people who have said they only like certain opeth albums and feel that some of them are played out or too different ( like damnation, its an easy target ) it doesn't mean they hate other people or the band, so fucking whatever...I just hate it when people cry cause someone else doesn't like their shit, and NO rabbit this wasn't all directly at you so dont flip about it.

anyways, I find myself listening to a lot more older Opeth than newer lately, and while I love the way blackwater park sounds and is put together, i'm really starting toappreciate a lot more where Opeth put their roots in. I'd have to say either Orchid or Morningrise are my favorites right now.

Old 2005-01-19, 00:36
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonRaven
yeah, we dont put up with racist comments in any form, so if you keep that shit up, you will, and i repeat, WILL be banned.

just for a tid bit of information that everyone has seemed to have missed...me and corpse le duch actually know each other in a friendly manner of form...why do you think he ripped my post apart so baddly???? so dont all get your panties in a bunch...and he really is jewish...just take a chill pill man hopefully this gets through to you who have armed themselves with battle axes and battering rams before you come smash in my front door...

Last edited by rabbifoodslicer : 2005-01-19 at 00:43.

Old 2005-01-19, 00:54
Corpsevomit98
Post-whore

No I am not Jewish, and the reasons why I ripped apart your post is because you are in deed... a jackass. Im a post-whore and youre a n00b. So shut your mouth and learn your place.

Old 2005-01-19, 17:24
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

heh...whatever...well im going to go poke a tire iron up my ass...

Old 2005-01-19, 17:45
Corpsevomit98
Post-whore

good good. without further ado...continue the debate

Old 2005-01-20, 01:14
OpethFan
Toast-whore

Blackwater park has my favourite song selections. Just such a good cd. Though a lot of their earlier stuff is pretty amazing.

Old 2005-01-20, 01:29
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

They are all fucking amazing. I love listening to "windowpane" after smoking a few bowls.

Old 2005-01-20, 02:16
andrewc
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
heh...whatever...well im going to go poke a tire iron up my ass...

you will not be around metaltabs for long with the attitude you've come in with. clean up your act if you want to be taken seriously and treated with respect.

WELCOME BACK MR. AMONAMARTHVOMIT

Old 2005-01-20, 17:11
BlackRoseImmortal
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalheadrr3
My favorite Opeth CD is the "Favorite Hits" CD that I burned yesterday

I didn't know they made CD's that can fit 7 hours of music...

Old 2005-01-20, 21:15
Corpsevomit98
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc
WELCOME BACK MR. AMONAMARTHVOMIT

why thank you. The guy is just kidding around. Its true he does need to learn some respect, but what can you expect from a n00b. Cut him a little slack. and I mean just a little.

Old 2005-01-20, 22:49
MoonRaven

Quote:
I didn't know they made CD's that can fit 7 hours of music...

lol, they havent really had what i would call hits, they have had awesome fucking songs, but a hit usually implies radio airplay and acceptance among the mainstream. i doubt opeth will get any of that.

Old 2005-01-21, 00:19
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

for the sake of mankind we should hope that opeth wouldnt get radio time...i might get a little pissed...

Old 2005-01-21, 00:25
Crimson Thought
Metalhead

Actually, it hurts to say this, but about a year ago there was this show on MTV called one bad trip, it was usually about some douche bag asshole who had a hot girl, but he would cheat on her anyways, so she would set up a camera crew and dress up and spy on him and shit, and watch him do all the retarded things during spring break.

Well during one of them, the guy was all fucking moping around bein like " why does this happen to me " and Opeth's Windowpane started playing in the backround....which sucks even more for me cause I love damnation in its own right...and it ALMOST got commercialized by MTV...but, sure enough, I'd bet the mallcore MTV kids heard it and though it sucked cause there was no subwoofer bass beat.

it was a close call.

Old 2005-01-21, 00:31
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Thought
it ALMOST got commercialized by MTV...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 2005-01-21, 01:37
Corpsevomit98
Post-whore

Quote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

douche

Old 2005-01-21, 13:05
Rick Metal
Senior Metalhead

Yeah thank God opeth doesn't get the success they deserve.

Old 2005-01-21, 15:02
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Metal
Yeah thank God opeth doesn't get the success they deserve.

what do you mean??

Old 2005-01-21, 15:30
MoonRaven

Quote:
what do you mean??

if they got the success they deserve, they would be all over MTV and shit.

Old 2005-01-21, 16:21
The Execrator
Noob lud

I think there would be alot more Opeth fans if everyone heard them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2005-01-21, 18:52
Rick Metal
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
if they got the success they deserve, they would be all over MTV and shit.

And how is that a bad thing?

Old 2005-01-21, 19:45
BlackRoseImmortal
Senior Metalhead

It may seem stupid, but I think that it is near impossible for a death metal band to be commercialized to the extent that they are on the radio and tv. And luckily, Damnation (the most listener-friendly Opeth album) escaped the grasp, and Mikael says they're never going to do another album like it ever again!

Old 2005-01-21, 20:18
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthDevoid
They are all fucking amazing. I love listening to "windowpane" after smoking a few bowls.

Yes, of course. Because that's all Opeth's music is good for. Listening to while high.

You, sir, are a good argument for the legalization of murder.

Old 2005-01-21, 21:48
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

yeah well i dont think that opeth needs radio or Mtv time...i think that if they did then there reputation will be down the shitter. how many people want to see a great band get sold out?? and mtv means that the bitches that got the bling bling are gonna hear the amazing power of metal...then and only then will i sacrifice 5 pigs and a goat...but untill then...

Old 2005-01-22, 05:09
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

you're a fucking idiot. this thread is like a big petition to legalize post-birth abortions.

Old 2005-01-22, 14:46
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

actually its called Best Opeth album...man people need to learn how to read...

Last edited by rabbifoodslicer : 2005-01-22 at 16:18.

Old 2005-01-22, 18:07
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

I didnt say it was CALLED a big petition to legalize post-birth abortions, i said it IS one, you fucking waste of carbon.

Last edited by Rapture : 2005-01-22 at 18:28.

Old 2005-01-23, 14:53
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

well....then if you dont like it LEAVE!!!!!!! its a very hard concept to comprehend when to leave but maybe this will throw you some insentive....and if you cant appreciate opeth unless your high what place do you have here?

Old 2005-01-23, 16:36
MoonRaven

Quote:
well....then if you dont like it LEAVE!!!!!!! its a very hard concept to comprehend when to leave but maybe this will throw you some insentive....and if you cant appreciate opeth unless your high what place do you have here?

shut up newb, he outranks you

Old 2005-01-23, 16:59
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

thats funny cuz you cant even spell noob but im done. wait didnt this used to be an opeth thread????

Last edited by rabbifoodslicer : 2005-01-23 at 17:05.

Old 2005-01-23, 22:19
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

Quote:

what the FUCK are you talking about? My post about being high was intense sarcasm, aimed at some fucktard. I also happen to enjoy Opeth, quite a bit. Most likely more than you. You posting in this thread depreciates the name Opeth. As i have previously stated, you are a fucking waste of carbon. Just die.

Old 2005-01-24, 01:38
andrewc
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
thats funny cuz you cant even spell noob but im done. wait didnt this used to be an opeth thread????

shut up, rabbiforeskinslicer. none of us actually like you because you're just an annoying cunt, whereas rapture1331 is a LOVEABLE annoying cunt.

seriously though, you'd do well to keep a low profile for a bit.

Old 2005-01-24, 01:50
Corpsevomit98
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture
You, sir, are a good argument for the legalization of murder.

Quote:
you're a fucking idiot. this thread is like a big petition to legalize.

Quote:
I didnt say it was CALLED a big petition to legalize post-birth abortions, i said it IS one, you fucking waste of carbon.

Quote:
You posting in this thread depreciates the name Opeth. As i have previously stated, you are a fucking waste of carbon. Just die.

I love you... in a non...gay way. And to Rabbicockmeister, please just chill for a good while, As funny as i think it would be if you got banned after 50 posts, I would still have to say just shut the fuck up with your half-disses for a while.

Old 2005-01-24, 03:39
MoonRaven

Quote:

Actually, cuntmold, the term "newb" or "n00b", or for you non 1337 folks "noob", comes from the word NEWBie, meaning new person, not NOOBie, you waste of amniotic fluid. Go back to the hole that spawned you, because if you are inbred to think that the fucking word was really spelled noob, then i think your grandpa might have had intercourse with the raging cuntbeast you call your mother well past the third trimester. Goddamn cum-glistening, rectum-shaving, plumber-sodomizing, dry-erase cockstuffing, pile of seminal fluids that should have been in your other daddy's asshole...

Old 2005-01-24, 04:02
andrewc
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
Actually, cuntmold, the term "newb" or "n00b", or for you non 1337 folks "noob", comes from the word NEWBie, meaning new person, not NOOBie, you waste of amniotic fluid. Go back to the hole that spawned you, because if you are inbred to think that the fucking word was really spelled noob, then i think your grandpa might have had intercourse with the raging cuntbeast you call your mother well past the third trimester. Goddamn cum-glistening, rectum-shaving, plumber-sodomizing, dry-erase cockstuffing, pile of seminal fluids that should have been in your other daddy's asshole...

Old 2005-01-24, 14:37
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Actually...

are you having fun!!! heh...i win....i told you i was done but you kept goin so im done i am hereby not responsible for anything negitive in this thread

Old 2005-01-24, 17:18
MoonRaven

Quote:
are you having fun!!! heh...i win....i told you i was done but you kept goin so im done i am hereby not responsible for anything negitive in this thread

actually, i am having fun, you crocodile molesting goattwat. this is why we hate newbs, they are cocky, when in reality they are nothing more than wastes of flesh that sit at home chatting with their e-girlfriends while masturbating to cheap-ass 3 frame/second anime porn.

Old 2005-01-24, 20:14
Rapture
The Stings of Conscience

Quote:
masturbating to cheap-ass 3 frame/second anime porn.

you dont do that?

Old 2005-01-25, 01:23
andrewc
Post-whore
Banned

moony, i owe you can of bundy and coke now.

Old 2005-01-25, 02:22
rabbifoodslicer
Supreme Metalhead

ok

Old 2005-01-26, 11:38
andrewc
Post-whore
Banned

call that a comeback?

at least make it entertaining for us!

Old 2005-01-26, 15:50
BlackRoseImmortal
Senior Metalhead

Watching you flame this guy is almost as funny as THEdouche!

Old 2005-02-02, 03:08
Seasons in the Abyss
Metalhead

I hope Opeth's next album is their greatest. Or at least the most prefered.