MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands

Old 2004-11-04, 03:41
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

Necrophagist & memnoch needs help

I'm basing my entire opinion of this band on 2 songs; "Ignominous and Pale" and "Epitaph". Verdict? HOLY AWESOME?!??!!

I just discovered this band earlier this week, downloaded those 2 songs and immediately ordered the cd online......miraculously enough, the cd arrived 2 days later in the mail (along with Spawn of Possession's Cabinet....also awesome). Now, despite having the cd in my hands now, i've still only heard 2 songs (i'll get into this later). I thinkof describing this band as a cross between Nile and Spawn of Possession. It's technically brilliant, the entire album being written by one guy (who played and recorded their first album alone with a drum machine). He was finally able to get a static crew to play his super-hard riffs, and the band is now a 4 piece set, with the singer/songwriter also playing guitars. It's just massively intense music with weird guitar sounds sometimes resembling a keyboard on speed. The solos are beautiful, elegant and melodic while the rest of the song is everything else. I can't stop listening to those 2 songs, they're overshadowing my whole Spawn of Possession experience and it's somehow pissing me off because everything else, EVERYTHING i own is garbage compared to Necrophagist. (i think they're from Germany)

Now, the reason why i haven't listened to the cd. IT DOESN'T FUCKING WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone out there has Epitaph, what the hell are you seeing when you pop the cd in your computer? In Windows Explorer i'm getting 8 files with types i've never heard of before:
ddpid
ddpid.md5
ddpms
ddpms.md5
image.DAT
image.DAT.md5
sd
sd.md5
When it's in my computer nothing happens.....the cd drive runs for about 10 seconds and then stops. When it's in my sound system, a "CD Error" message appears. In another all-in-one sound system, track 1 plays with no sound, and i can't switch to any other tracks, only the first....can't even fast forward.

So while i'm trying to inform you all of how awesome this band is, i'm also in need of information as to if this has happened to anyone else, if it's just a fucked up cd, whether i should ask for a replacement or a full-refund. I'm thinking of all the copies printed in the world for Epitaph, the one and only Memnoch gets fucked right up the ass once again by life and is without what he needs, just some damn good music to listen to.

Now i'm off to listen to my so-so Spawn of Possession cd..... (JUST KIDDING!!!!! IT'S AWESOME!!!!!! MMMMMMMOOOOSSSSSSST!!!!!!!)
Justice the founder of my fabric moved
To rear me was the task of power divine
Supremest wisdom, and primeval love
Before me things create were none, save things
Eternal, and eternal I endure
All hope abandon, ye who enter here

Against the concert of the Immortals he cannot stand alone.

Old 2004-11-04, 03:51
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

Damn, that sucks. I wish I knew what to do. If I had a dime for every computer error message, I would buy a better fucking computer. Anyways, I always wondered if Necrophagist was any good. I went to their site looking for some mp3s, didn't find any. Do you know where any is?
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

“I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'.” - Early Cuyler

Old 2004-11-04, 04:16
HorrorScoPe
Metalhead

u dumb ass just download it god id hate 2 see how long it took to get order there albums down here use soulseek both albums are on there and necrophagist is old news everyone heard them god mohhamed aint apergio god for nothing

Old 2004-11-04, 04:35
BeastOfCarrion
Pokémon Master

learn to use full stops.
Thats fucking weird memnoch, maybe you should contact the distro from which you acquired it and ask what the fuck is going on!
(x.x) (> <)
Somebody has decapitated an innocent rabbit, can Abbath solve this crime before more innocent bunnies are hurt?

Old 2004-11-04, 12:29
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

Sounds like a printing flaw.

I'd much prefer his first album. Epitaph seems to be a little over-the-top.

Old 2004-11-04, 18:13
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

The first track on Epitaph is so damn awesome. Transient has the original copy and it works just fine.

Old 2004-11-04, 19:59
Transient
HES BAAACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorScoPe
u dumb ass just download it god id hate 2 see how long it took to get order there albums down here use soulseek both albums are on there and necrophagist is old news everyone heard them god mohhamed aint apergio god for nothing

you CANT be serious?

regarding the error message: WINAMP. get it.

muhammed suicmez is turkish. he taught himself guitar, his parents wouldnt let him play because they are muslim

Old 2004-11-05, 00:20
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient

Hey thanks for the information man! It's work...idiot.

Regarding your reply: RE-READ MY FIRST ONE!!!!!!

The fucking error message is on my DVD PLAYER!!! NOT ON MY COMPUTER!!!!!! I have fucking Winamp and it does nothing. There's no audio tracks on the cd......NONE! Whether i try with Winamp, WMP, the windows CD Player; nothing works.

I'm just going to return the cd as deffective.

And to the moron who failed grade 3 english, it took 2 days from the day i placed the order online to the day i received it in the mail.

Old 2004-11-05, 01:12
HorrorScoPe
Metalhead

have a cry mate , u make stupid ass threads of cause im gonna flame u . ohh and plzz tell me off for my bad punctuation. its the net moron type how i bloody well like

Old 2004-11-05, 01:25
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

That sucks memnoch, i would be well pissed off if i bought a cd and that happened. good luck with getting it re-funded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal=life
Hey don't talk back buddy. Give your dick size or don't post.

Old 2004-11-05, 08:36
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Quote:
you CANT be serious?

muhammed suicmez is turkish. he taught himself guitar, his parents wouldnt let him play because they are muslim

Oh. Fuck. I wonder what those dumb fucks think of their son now. Yet again, Mohammed fucking owns all. Muslims should be praying for this Muhammed, fucking idiots.

Old 2004-11-05, 09:36
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
have a cry mate , u make stupid ass threads of cause im gonna flame u . ohh and plzz tell me off for my bad punctuation. its the net moron type how i bloody well like

Er, no. This thread is not stupid at all. Memnoch has asked for help - possibly from people who may have experienced the same difficulty - in trying to get a CD to play properly.

I don't see that as a stupid reason to start a thread, although your grammar is completely unintelligible and, indeed, stupid. Fair enough, if you want to be completely misunderstood (or not understood at all as was the case in this thread), carry on writing the way you do. I don't care whether it's the internet or not: just because it's the internet doesn't mean that rank bad grammar and spelling can be understood.

Seriously, I've read writing by 4 year olds that was more comprehensible.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2004-11-05, 10:44
far_beyond_sane
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Quote:

John is so nice. He didn't call you a dirty fetid whore's cuntjuice, or a genetically defective pigfucker, or even just your standard run-of-the-mill three-toothed Aunty-raping Tasmanian backwoods hick douche monkey.

I officially declare everything you write to be a target for abuse, general hostility and rampant speculation about the sexuality and anal virginity of all your close relatives.

Now, I'm going to forget you exist, read the previous posts and HELP LIKE A NICE PERSON. Hugs and kisses to you, cunt.

DDPI files are CD info files... I think. This guy knows.

Have you tried accessing the data with a MP3 ripper or copying all the available data to your hard drive then trying to access it? I hope that doesn't sound like strange advice... I generally fuck around with every possible thing before I return something, it's hassle cubed.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2004-11-05, 11:20
HorrorScoPe
Metalhead

u have a cry 2 farbeyoninsane. read any of my post there at least good topics stupid computer geeks

Old 2004-11-05, 12:17
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

C'mon Horrorscope, lets hug it out, a nice little hug will make you feel much better, and then you might stop wishing crying upon these people.. cant we all get along? Cmon now.

P.s Necrophagist fucking rule, just heard some of there material.

Quote:

Old 2004-11-05, 13:33
Bones98
Post-whore

Necrophagist have been around for a long time, definately some technical stuff.. but not really what im into.

Old 2004-11-05, 20:30
Transient
HES BAAACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by memnoch
Hey thanks for the information man! It's work...idiot.

Regarding your reply: RE-READ MY FIRST ONE!!!!!!

The fucking error message is on my DVD PLAYER!!! NOT ON MY COMPUTER!!!!!! I have fucking Winamp and it does nothing. There's no audio tracks on the cd......NONE! Whether i try with Winamp, WMP, the windows CD Player; nothing works.

I'm just going to return the cd as deffective.

And to the moron who failed grade 3 english, it took 2 days from the day i placed the order online to the day i received it in the mail.

ok, so i missed that part of the post. but i did read it, i swear on my life.
sorry i couldnt help, and i was seriously trying to.

Old 2004-11-05, 22:14
Hate Eternal
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
you CANT be serious?

aren't all muslims black?

Old 2004-11-05, 23:42
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

i hope you are joking... I thought muhammed was german. Is it against islam to play guitar? If so, thats fucking gay.

Old 2004-11-06, 00:14
Transient
HES BAAACK

uh

there seems to be some confusion.... and i dont understand why

muslims arent all black (try reading something other than malcom x)
suicmez's parents were hardcore islamic and didnt like the guitar

read the interview, links from the metalarchives

Old 2004-11-06, 02:36
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

Quote:
u have a cry 2 farbeyoninsane. read any of my post there at least good topics stupid computer geeks

Haha, what are you, 12 years old? Go to school and brush up on your english you stupid kid. Or duyu likit wehn we all tok like dis man i am so beter den yu at ritin my ritting.

F_B_S, i've already returned the item in the mail. I tried looking up info on some of the files present on the cd and all i got was that one of the kinds (either DAT or mp5) were some type of movie file. Anyways, the company's contacted me and says they'll be shipping out my replacement ASAP, so it should all work out.

Thanks to all that tried to help......now let's continue talking about Necroawesome.

Old 2004-11-06, 02:52
andrewc
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
Haha, what are you, 12 years old? Go to school and brush up on your english you stupid kid. Or duyu likit wehn we all tok like dis man i am so beter den yu at ritin my ritting.

dun lisen 2 dat dikhed memnok. st00p1d tasmanyanz r st00p1d cos dey hav 2 dix on dere hedz cos dey hav 2 heds so quite u st00p1d stinkabutt nyah nyeh stinkabutt horaskop

Old 2004-11-06, 04:32
HorrorScoPe
Metalhead

are u trying to be insulting , because its not working grow up fags

Old 2004-11-06, 12:01
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

I believe the correct way to write that last post would have been:

"Are you trying to be insulting? It's not working. Grow up, fags."

I've highlighted the corrections so that you can learn from your mistakes. I'm not an English expert or anything, but new sentences start with a capital letter and questions, generally, are punctuated with a question mark. Also note that apostrophes are used on three occasions; 1) when letters are omitted from words; 2) when two words are shortened into one; 3) to denote ownership.

Pay attention at school and get your education while it is free as I will not be around forever to wipe your grammatical shit-shoot evertime you attempt to desecrate the English language by means of written defecation.

You know, f_b_s is right: I am too nice to the arse-avengers who insult established members of the forum. Dropping anchor in Poo Bay, it seems, is just not enough for these people as they also find the need to wantonly prove their ancestral links to Indonesian gibbons. The only thing though, is that I'd wager that the said primate would be able to construct more worthwhile sentences than the rampant, effluence-effusing buffoon in this thread.

Oh, and I've heard one Necrophagist song and the technical fret wizardry completely blew me away. I was also under the impression that Muhammed was from (or at least lives) in Mexico. However, I could be wrong.

Old 2004-11-06, 12:12
Transient
HES BAAACK

you are wrong..... check metal-archives.com! theres only two interviews with him, but both are good.

and isnt DAT a kind of tape used in the recording process?

Old 2004-11-06, 18:30
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

yeah, dat tape recorders cost a shitload too.

Old 2004-11-07, 04:54
DEAD
Post-whore

I got the cd the day it came out from a music store and mine works fine on the computer. And like Def said, I also perfer the first album, but "Stabwound" is by far the best song they have recorded.
Comforting silence

Old 2004-11-07, 06:04
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

i think foul body autopsy or fermented offal discharge are their best.

Old 2004-11-07, 16:38
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

Haha, John funny.

The only reason i thought Muhammed was from Germany is because i had read somewhere that the band is/was based out of Germany. Maybe he just moved there earlier in his life.

Old 2004-11-07, 17:10
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

i never thought he was black, but i didnt know he was muslim, except for that muhammed kinda led me to believe.

Old 2004-11-08, 02:42
Credit to Dementia
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
The only reason i thought Muhammed was from Germany is because i had read somewhere that the band is/was based out of Germany. Maybe he just moved there earlier in his life.

He is from Germany. The 20th century saw a mass immigration of Turks to Germany, leading to Germany having some of the most stringent citizenship requirements outside the Caymen Islands.

Everyone should read the article Transient pointed out. It's not only interesting for the simple fact of who's interviewed, but also what issues are touched upon. The interviewer's a clever guy. Thanks for the heads up on it.

Old 2004-11-08, 05:27
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc
dun lisen 2 dat dikhed memnok. st00p1d tasmanyanz r st00p1d cos dey hav 2 dix on dere hedz cos dey hav 2 heds so quite u st00p1d stinkabutt nyah nyeh stinkabutt horaskop

Don't start on Tasmanians, cunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAD
I got the cd the day it came out from a music store and mine works fine on the computer. And like Def said, I also perfer the first album, but "Stabwound" is by far the best song they have recorded.

Not Def. ME!

Muhammed, as far as I know, is fully German. Necrophagist have been together since 94-95, they were a full band back then also. As heard on their demos. They all decided to leave, so Muhammed did 'Onset..' by himself.

Old 2004-11-08, 05:29
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

As far as I know, I think the members of necrophagist all live in different places around southern Germany. I think its Hannes (Drummer) who lives in Nuernburg. Muhammed writes the songs and sends them to the other members via e-mail or something. They barely even practise together! (I think Meshuggah do this as well)

Old 2004-11-08, 05:52
BeastOfCarrion
Pokémon Master

i think that was all done using powertabs
(x.x) (> <)
Somebody has decapitated an innocent rabbit, can Abbath solve this crime before more innocent bunnies are hurt?

Old 2004-11-08, 07:33
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what I read. I wish he'd release more of his powertabs (don't we all) but apparently he wont for copyright reasons or something like that.

Old 2004-11-08, 10:54
Transient
HES BAAACK

the demos on the rerelease of onset are amazing, less tech solos and more brutal vocals...great stuff

Old 2004-11-08, 10:55
Transient
HES BAAACK

btw, last night i had a dream i was playing "foul body autopsy" and doing the vocals at my talent show at school. that was AWESOME

Old 2004-11-08, 11:31
andrewc
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist
Don't start on Tasmanians, cunt.

whoops. sorry niggles.

Old 2004-11-10, 05:41
Dimejandro
New Blood

shit son, i didnt know where to get epitaph so i dl'd it off soulseek.

Old 2004-11-10, 22:28
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

i dled it, and then bought it, i use soulseek more to try music out than steal it.

Old 2004-11-10, 23:47
MetalGuitarFro
New Blood

My friend found a bootleg Necrophagist video of them playing "Extreme Unction" live. If anyone wants it, pm me here and ill send it to ya via AIM.

Old 2004-11-10, 23:56
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

i think i have that movie... does muhammed make all these metal faces and the other guitarist plays a solo too?

Old 2004-11-11, 01:47
MetalGuitarFro
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innards-Decay
i think i have that movie... does muhammed make all these metal faces and the other guitarist plays a solo too?

yeah, i have been waiting for a necrophagist video and i finally got one! do you have any others?

Old 2004-11-11, 01:55
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

no, thats it, it was on his forum though, so its probably not bootlegged since he didnt take it off.

Old 2004-11-12, 22:47
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

another thing i noticed in the video was the black guy with the from and a old dude with a bald spot in front... necrophagist must really be popular.

Old 2004-11-12, 23:14
Transient
HES BAAACK

what an amazingly talented person muhammed is. and he doenst look like a complete scumbag either, he looks clean and happy

Old 2004-11-13, 00:14
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

he looks like a brown haired version of me... with a better guitar and gear setup.

Old 2004-11-14, 02:02
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Quote:
another thing i noticed in the video was the black guy with the from and a old dude with a bald spot in front... necrophagist must really be popular.

I've noticed a few clips with a token black dude, Immortal's 'Call Of The Wintermoon' for example.

Old 2004-11-14, 02:04
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

Suffocation videos have two black dudes in em... but thats by default.

Old 2004-11-14, 13:58
Transient
HES BAAACK

yeah, and whos gonna say anything to mike smith?that guys BUILT

Old 2004-11-15, 07:06
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
yeah, and whos gonna say anything to mike smith?that guys BUILT

Haha, yeah, but Terrence Hobbs is so non threatening with his small stature and giant glasses. He still beats my ass at guitar.

For clarification, yes, Muhammed is the son of Turkish immigrants to Germany. I read an interview where he was asked how he felt 'racially' in Germany, and he says basically that he has friendly acquaintances that are German but no really close friends and that he would like to move somewhere else at some point. A lot of people there are very xenophobic, and he addresses that at the end of the interview. I was smiling in hopes that he would move to the US. I doubt it will happen, though.

Old 2004-11-15, 20:35
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

Yes, Terrance is a fucking madman, so much thought behind their music.

Old 2004-11-15, 20:38
Transient
HES BAAACK

i guess terrance is pretty nerdy looking...

but hey! i have glasses

Old 2004-11-15, 22:41
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

i have contacts, but wear glasses when im lazy.

Old 2004-11-25, 03:11
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

MOTHERFUCKING FUCKTARD FUCKING SHIT FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Just received the replacement Epitaph cd.......AND IT DON'T FUCKING WORK EITHER!!!!!!!! GAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I've decided just to burn it from Soulseek and get my money back. They say "3rd time's a charm", but i figure with my luck on my third attempt the company won't take my return and i'll be stuck with a 30$ plastic coaster.

Old 2004-11-25, 12:53
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

I've just ordered Epitaph from Relapse and hopefully I wont experience the same problems as you, Memnoch. Fingers crossed...

Old 2004-11-25, 13:21
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

Quote:
and i'll be stuck with a 30$ plastic coaster.

Well atleast that will rid you of all your water rings

But seriously, that sucks man, cant beleive thats actually happening and twice?.. do you know anyone else who has the epitaph cd? and does theres work?

Quote:

Old 2004-11-28, 14:36
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

I'm the only one around here who even listens to this stuff. My friends only start listening to these bands after i do.

Maybe there's some different coding on the cd or something which prevents it to be played in conventional cd players in North America. Or i got the few "bad" cds out of thousands printed.

Oh and John, do let me know if yours works. If so i might try ordering from Relapse themselves.

Old 2004-11-28, 14:40
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
I've just ordered Epitaph from Relapse and hopefully I wont experience the same problems as you, Memnoch. Fingers crossed...

I received a promo copy from Relapse, and I purchased the actual release from Relapse. Both work here.

Old 2004-11-28, 19:01
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

It could be like old dvds... Regional or something...

Old 2004-11-28, 19:47
Transient
HES BAAACK

Quote:
I received a promo copy from Relapse, and I purchased the actual release from Relapse. Both work here.

how do you get yourself on the list for free shit like that? i write reviews...

Old 2004-11-28, 20:02
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

I dunno, i got a promo copy of black seeds of vengeance... but i wasnt to big into it, since nephren ka wipes the floor with black seeds.

Old 2004-11-28, 20:49
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:

Phew! Mine should be OK then!

Old 2004-12-04, 03:00
Knight
Senior Metalhead
Banned

Yes, Necrophagist are very good, one of my favorites, that sucks that your CD doesn't work though. Here are some mp3's for people who really want to listen to them. Enjoy.

http://www.necrophagist.de/Seiten/n...agist_main.html

Old 2004-12-04, 14:41
Transient
HES BAAACK

hey another thing i noticed.

the onset re release is apparently an mp3 cd. it tells me the titles when i play it in my cd player..which only works with mp3 cds. anyone else notice this?

Old 2004-12-12, 23:09
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

I went to my local metal store this weekend and they had a copy of Epitaph.......and surprise surprise, it didn't work either.

I had emailed Muhammed earlier last week and he replied with someone's email from Relapse records......he said this guy could get me anything Necrophagist, and apparently he'd make sure it works.......but i'm still afraid to order another copy.

Old 2004-12-12, 23:39
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

just get onset dude... its better.

Old 2004-12-13, 05:18
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

I smell a debate coming on...... Onset vs Epitaph.......

Old 2004-12-13, 20:01
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

dude, it is, much better production and songwriting.

Old 2004-12-14, 19:38
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

I'd go for epitaph, its more beefier, and the drums are real.

Quote:

Old 2004-12-14, 19:57
Transient
HES BAAACK

onset has the bonus tracks....a demo which rivals anything released after

Old 2004-12-14, 22:31
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

onset has much better music too though.

Old 2004-12-14, 23:09
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

Ahh i feel differently, i think Epitaph is better, that classical piece in 'Only ash remains' is just beautiful, and the rest is just amazing.

Quote:

Old 2004-12-14, 23:19
Transient
HES BAAACK

yeah that classical part does rule

what song is it?

Old 2004-12-14, 23:21
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

Not entirely sure..

Quote:

Old 2004-12-14, 23:23
Transient
HES BAAACK

somebody find it... i know its on the net somewhere

i saw on the forums they were all doing classical requests before epitaph was released

maybe its in there

Old 2004-12-14, 23:27
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

Well gooo look!!

Quote:

Old 2004-12-15, 03:43
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

What the hell classical part are you talking about? The ending perhaps?

Anyways......i'll be getting both cds redardless of whichever one is considered better amongst you all......either cd is far superior to just about 98% of bands i can name, so they're both worth owning and buying....AS LONG AS THEY WORK!!!!!!!!!

I only wanted Epitaph now because i'd heard most of it (all of it now) and i'm in love with it the way a little boy likes his Donatello figurine and will never part with it......unless it's for Raphael.

Old 2004-12-15, 03:59
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

98% dude? Necrophagist is good, fucking great at that, but i can think of alot of better bands, imo.

Old 2004-12-15, 04:04
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Guacamole! Michaelangelo does it for me Mem

Well I'm going to add my 2 cents.

Onset and Epitaph.... no possible way I could decide. I listen to both just as much. I like epitaph drums and bass better, as well as the production, yet Onset is just so brutally tech. I heard those demo songs and fuck, they're a bit different but they absolutely rule. Without a doubt my favourite band. Every song is pure bliss.

Old 2004-12-15, 04:10
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

Well, i guess im more of a brutal metaller than you guys... Whatever.

Old 2004-12-15, 04:21
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

Quote:
98% dude? Necrophagist is good, fucking great at that, but i can think of alot of better bands, imo.

Well, maybe i got caught up in the moment......but Necrophagist is a far better band all around that most of the stuff i've come accross. They're technicality and accuracy are almost unmatched in their genre.

Old 2004-12-15, 17:24
Tattered
Symbiotic In Theory
Forum Leader

Quote:
What the hell classical part are you talking about? The ending perhaps?

Yes memnoch, the ending.

Quote:

Old 2004-12-15, 22:38
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

I dunno, i think the spawn of possesion cd you got with em blows it out of the water man. But yes, necrophagist is fucking great, and talented music.

Old 2004-12-16, 03:33
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

I like Spawn of Possession just as much. In fact, whatever band i happen to be listening to is my favorite. Right now it's Necrophagist, so i like em more. But in my car it's Spawn, so they'll be my favorite tomorrow morning.

Old 2004-12-16, 03:49
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Blows it of the water? I don't think so. But don't get me wrong, SoP fucking rule, one of my other favourite bands.

Old 2004-12-16, 03:57
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

Yeah, SoP and PsyCroptic are the shit... I also really like Decrepit Birth and Severed Savior, but thats probably because im practically nextdoor to both bands.

Old 2004-12-16, 04:17
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

Severed Savior are goddamn good too......not as good as SoP, but close. Very talented band. I saw them play with SoP, and again a couple months back when Cannibal Corpse came here.

Old 2004-12-16, 04:19
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

the blood letting tour correct? Pyaemia was with em, and gorgasm... both of those bands kick mucho ass too.

Old 2004-12-16, 04:25
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

Yeah......wasn't a fan of Pyemia, and Gorgasm pretty much sucked balls. Maybe they didn't set up their sound right, but after seeing SoP, nothing compared.

Old 2004-12-16, 12:56
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

I'd take Severed Savior over Spawn Of Possession although it would be a very heartily fought battle.

Old 2004-12-17, 02:51
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

I'd take Spawn Of Possession over Severed Saviour although it would be a very heartily fought battle.

And I haven't heard Pyaemia, but Gorgasm kick arse too. mmmm Unique Leader..... Erik Lindmark is a fucking champ. And I met him!!!

Old 2004-12-17, 03:22
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

it seems both pyaemia and gorgasm are an acquired taste... i dunno why though, they both kick alot of ass with their gore soaked approach to BDM. And, im not sure who id take, SoP or Severed, probably severed since i can go and hang out with those guys on the weekend if i want.

Old 2005-01-02, 11:28
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Hey I was just reading the discography page of the Necrophagist website, and it says this regarding the re-release of Onset:

"Completely new drum samples recorded piece by piece by Necrophagist's drummonster Hannes Grossmann, which the drumcomputer was fed with."

Does this mean he just re-programmed the drum machine, right? or does it mean something else???

Old 2005-01-02, 11:46
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
I'd take Severed Savior over Spawn Of Possession although it would be a very heartily fought battle.

Nah. Severed Savior shit all over SoP.

Old 2005-01-02, 12:57
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Nah. Heartily fought battle.

Old 2005-01-02, 19:09
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

hahaha, it doesnt matter since both bands are on a level where they dont need to compete with anyone. Id probably take decrepit birth over all of them.

Old 2005-01-06, 15:24
memnoch
The Devil
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaca
Hey I was just reading the discography page of the Necrophagist website, and it says this regarding the re-release of Onset:

"Completely new drum samples recorded piece by piece by Necrophagist's drummonster Hannes Grossmann, which the drumcomputer was fed with."

Does this mean he just re-programmed the drum machine, right? or does it mean something else???

I would think that they recorded the new drummer's parts.....but built them up from the ground up piece by piece. If you listen to a couple of the re-done tracks the drums sound much heavier and quite similar to those on Epitaph.

Old 2005-01-12, 05:10
Cloaca
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Allright people, here is the answer to the original quesition. This is from the Necro website..........

"Dudes, there's been a batch of defective CDs of "Epitaph", which found its' way to stores. If you bought one of those, this might interest you. Relapse's statement on this:

"...To All Relapse Customers,
Despite Relapse's best efforts to ensure that only quality product reaches store shelves, a recent repress of Necrophagist ‘Epitaph’ (Relapse Records 6628) shipped with a defect.

The defective CDs appear as one, 37-minute track when placed in a CD player, and as eight data tracks when inserted into a PC. This is only a small portion of the CDs we pressed, though unfortunately some found their way into circulation.

If you are in possession of a defective CD please exchange it from the point of purchase for a correct copy. If this does not work, please mail the defective CD with a note containing your proper mailing address to:

RELAPSE RECORDS
P.O. Box 2060
Upper Darby , PA 19082
Attn: Jim Roman..."

Sorry about the inconvenience, but shit happens once in a while... "

There you go, Memnoch.

And on a side note, I just found out Hannes did NOT, I repeat DID NOT use triggers on Epitaph.
I am utterly speechless. He has gone up a few notches in my 'Best DM drummers' opinion, that's for fucking sure. Whoah..................

I still can't fucking believe it........................

Old 2005-01-12, 14:59
BEHEMOTH
Senior Metalhead

Quote:

muslims arent all black (try reading something other than malcom x)

I agree, and Malcom says all blacks shall be muslins, but not the other way.
All christians are white??-----> NO. That is the same.

P.D: i´m not nor christian, nor black, nor muslin,nor Malcolm X,....