Old 2005-10-26, 16:47
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

nope, jimmers has that honour

Old 2005-10-29, 13:26
low-tech
Post-whore

me playing my kit, this was me old setup, now i just go bass and snare with some cymbals
Attached Images
File Type: jpg harpers_btm_5281.jpg (46.1 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg harpers_btm_5287.jpg (48.0 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg harpers_btm_5301.jpg (42.5 KB, 111 views)

Last edited by low-tech : 2005-10-29 at 13:31.

Old 2005-10-29, 18:39
The Execrator
Noob lud

Thats actually pretty cool. Looks really easy to controll and handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2005-10-30, 07:48
low-tech
Post-whore

thanks, im really into minimalist setups and old vintage kits

so this is my old setup, i owned this kit for like 8 years, it was my pride and joy, sparkle blue slingerland kit from the early 70's. it was was hard to sell this puppy off but its sound, of course with all vintage kits, was subpar. was not a loud drumkit without the aid of kevlar. i wish i had closer up photos but, these were taken while we did a tour by others who i fished off of google. the first one is a basement show in ann harbor, michigan and the second a vintage clothing store in tulsa, oklahoma 4-piece kit, 2 20" rides and i breifly was using a nice dw double pedal my bandmate owned. and that recording on the other thread i used that double pedal. i had kevlar heads for both bass and snare to compensate for the draftly dried out sound this kit had, so the drums sound real shitty but decently loud.

then a friend of mine rescued a 2 piece vistalite i use now out of the garbage and the rest is history
Attached Images
File Type: jpg necronomitron03.jpg (19.7 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg necro.jpg (19.0 KB, 107 views)

Last edited by low-tech : 2005-10-30 at 07:51.

Old 2005-10-30, 10:39
blinky
New Blood

yeah
i got a pearl proffesional dx of ebay for $700 aus, usually going for about $4,500 where ive seen them, its 24x16 bass drum, 16 snare, 10,12,14,16 toms, 20 floor tom, dxp double bass pedals, pearl cymbals stands, zildjian zbt plus cymbals, 14 set of medium hi-hats, 16 medium thin crash and a 20 meduim ride, all this and my nice little crappy promax drum stool

Old 2005-12-24, 22:49
Vomitor
Metalhead

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...ase_pid/448983/

(In Blue Ice Finish)

20" Zildjian ZBT Ride
18" Zildjian ZBT China Crash (This sounds like a trashcan lid+ don't have a stand for it)
15" Zildjian A Custom Crash
14" Zildjian K Custom Dark Crash
14" Zildjian ZBT Hi-Hat's

Iron Cobra Jr. Pedals

Old 2005-12-25, 06:30
davie_gravy
Metal As Fuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-tech
me playing my kit, this was me old setup, now i just go bass and snare with some cymbals

Seriously, I always thought that pic in your avatar was you. The asian guy.

And no my avatar is not a baby pic of me.

BuildTheMusic.com is your #1 FREE online guitar resource center.

Old 2005-12-25, 10:56
Wakeness
Senior Metalhead

Old 2005-12-26, 00:21
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

ah the kit with no hi hats reers its head again!!!!

Old 2005-12-26, 05:56
low-tech
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davie_gravy

And no my avatar is not a baby pic of me.

no, thats kazushi sakuraba, japanese pro wrestler. yeah, for the record im not japanese, i just had japanese people who i think are cool as avatars
, aside from my buckaroo banzai space alien avatar which noone noticed, it was one of the best 80's movies ever

Old 2005-12-26, 17:59
Wakeness
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ black metal drumm
ah the kit with no hi hats reers its head again!!!!

Hehe. Yup.

Old 2005-12-26, 19:18
Vomitor
Metalhead

Quote:

That's what I thought. Is there a thread with people's bands? I'd like to hear this minimalist doom metal. You like Disembowelment? Cianide? My kit right now is just bass drum, snare, hats and crash. I broke it down to retune and clean the hell out of it. I jammed out a couple hours with it like this and actually it makes you focus more the less you have.

Last edited by Vomitor : 2005-12-26 at 19:21.

Old 2005-12-26, 19:26
Vomitor
Metalhead

Btw how many lugs is that acrylic bass drum?

Old 2005-12-26, 21:55
low-tech
Post-whore

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=...5604O8NHBUCST9I

old band, experimental noise grind/thrash stuff. 4 piece 60's slingerland kit

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=...7Q2OCGTUGTLXYFI

old,old band, same setup

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=...QR03KC2IHGM8WVD

newer doom band, bass and snare, not really much in terms of drumming, playing slow is very hard for me, im learning double bass so its a work in progress

"Btw how many lugs is that acrylic bass drum?" i dont know 10, 12each side? i recently discovered a music shop that sells all the original hardware, stands etc. i recently bought a 60 slingerland chrome floor tom and set up my mounted tom so im not that minimalist anymore, im gonna slowly buy clear vistalite pieces on ebay to make it a 4 piece. but i want in the future to play grind style music with a 2 piece drumkit. it feels too limiting with slower music so i gave it up like last week

Old 2005-12-27, 00:55
Vomitor
Metalhead

Actually I found them both appealing. Where you guys out of? Any demo's? It sounds good, but think it would be better with more cymbals and perhaps a floor tom or two. This is only based on hearing the one track, so....defintely good drumming though. I'm used to playing fast as well, so those slower beats just make me itch. This is where you have to get out the Chris Reifert beats book.

Old 2005-12-27, 05:41
low-tech
Post-whore

we dont have a name, we are trying out singers at the moment, that recording is a demo for potential singers and so forth, progress with this band is about as slow as the music, but hopefully by the end of the week we will finalize on both a name and singer

im in the process of buying cymbals, thing is im gonna move, start looking for a new apartment, this may take awhile coz providence rent is high as hell, this city is transforming into a yuppie disneyland. cost of living is fucking insane here.

right now im using 3 20" ride cymbals and switched back to 14" hihats.

ideal cymbal setup:

old 20" ride hihats
22" trash cymbal, im gonna look at in a few days off of craigslist
22" ping ride zildjian, off of craigs list but i dont think i can afford it now
24" ride zildjian, these things sell regularly on ebay, maybe in the future

Old 2005-12-27, 22:02
Robbie Filth
The Man Who Is, MGI.

My kit is invisible and i can take it with me wherever i want cuz its a compactable air drum kit

Old 2005-12-27, 23:32
Vomitor
Metalhead

So yeah yuppies need to get the hammer! You have an interesting setup in regards to your hats, I may have to try something like that out. What exactly do you do? I take it you have them really loose so you can ride off of the top? Do you have any more pics of your setup?

Old 2005-12-27, 23:36
Vomitor
Metalhead

Ebay has some cheap Saluda china's as well as other cymbals. I've never heard them though, so I am only tempted to check them out since they are quite affordable. Plus the ZBT china I have sounds like shit. You know of a good cutting ride? I'm looking for one that is audible when playing fast and crisp, not a lot of sustain. I don't have the ability to hear a very large variety of cymbals since all that's around here is Guitar Center and usually their cymbal rooms are crap.

Old 2005-12-28, 03:23
low-tech
Post-whore

bought the zildjian "trash" cymbal<20" instead of 22> off an ad on craigs list, turns out to be a dude ive known for a few years who lives around the corner from me. anyways, i take it home and try it out, dont really like it......my band mate suggests me using it as a bottom hihat, i make it the bottom and put the 14" on top...............dudes, i gotta get a photo of this a> it rules, sound sooo raw b> it looks intense because the outer rim of the trash cymbal curves out right where the edge of the 14" tops edge, it almost looks like its meant to be set up this way, i never would of thought of it, sounds alot better than 20" ride hihats, looks ten times cooler

Old 2005-12-29, 05:57
Infernalord
New Blood

no pictures?

Old 2006-02-17, 05:54
low-tech
Post-whore

http://www.eamesdrumshells.com/DrumShells.html

behold!, eames drums. i thought this company went under long ago, i think i was told so by someone years before. they sell drum shells, custom made with birch wood up to 24plys, inch thick shells. thier sets go for thousands usually on the used market. basically noone sells these things,few people own a set,few people know about them.

i looked up thier location, its literally a 10 minute drive from where i grew up, 2 hour drive from where i am now. so im gonna go see if they got a shop, see if i can try out thier drums, and if i like them i think i may buy a 3 piece kit, ive heard many a rumor that these are super loud and most excellent with tone, and if im gonna get a new kit its gotta be something completely exotic, something along the lines of 1 inch thick shells,complete overkill.

the reason why, my vistalites suck, as much as i want them to rule, the tone is dead, its like playing an acoustic with old rusty guitar strings. the best i can do with them is mute the tone as much as possible. ive dealt with this situation as i had many vintage kits, but now since im in this doom band with 2 guitarists playing 2 fullstacks each, id like a rumbling resonant tone, fits the sound better to my ears. so i think im gonna retire my vistalites and save big for a awesome brand new eames kit, if all goes well upon trying them out

edit: oops, i read it wrong, the snares are 24ply, the bass and toms can be 12ply 1/2 inch

Last edited by low-tech : 2006-02-17 at 05:59.

Old 2006-02-28, 18:19
Grond
Metalhead

I got a mapex rx-12 (i guess)...

It has...
22" Bassdrum, 8"x8" + 14"x12" + 16"x14" Hangtoms, 18"x18" Floortom, 8" splash, 10" splash, 2x 14" crash, 18" crash-ride, 22" Ride and as usual Snare (dont know the size) and hi-hat...

Old 2006-02-28, 18:56
Infernalord
New Blood

"Usual snares" are 14".

Old 2006-02-28, 19:02
Grond
Metalhead

Thank you very much for that information... I could not live without it...^^

Old 2006-03-21, 20:34
low-tech
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernalord
no pictures?

finally, a picture of the hihat

bottom 20" trash
top 14" zildjian
circular saw above that
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hihat.JPG (10.5 KB, 119 views)

Old 2006-03-22, 18:49
jimmers
Senior Metalhead

That sawblade looks cool as fuck.

I might try that hi-hat thing with an old heavy 18" china I've got. Could be interesting.

Old 2006-03-22, 20:20
low-tech
Post-whore

crampin my style?......sheeeeit.

im joking, try that shit out. the china is muted when closed,the best sound is when your foot got preesure on the stand,if its just resting closed its not as good. when its open it sound dirty, more shimmer and rasp than the china would normally, this is why i keep this setup, i like this sound alot. the saw doesnt ring too good, its my loudest one too, im not that happy with it. i know they got those heavy duty 12" saws and they are louder but that shit would overshadow the top hat so i may remove it or replace it with something else

i was also thinking of replacing the top scimatar hat with a little china splash,maybe something 12" or so. thing is id have to buy one of these little things which i kinda dont like. and if it didnt work out id never use the thing

edit: tell me what you think of it

Last edited by low-tech : 2006-03-22 at 20:27.

Old 2006-04-06, 01:28
Young Drummer
Metalhead

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c...ng/100_1172.jpg

thats my kit but im getting a rack for it soon

Old 2006-04-06, 02:02
The Execrator
Noob lud

Damn man, you need a rack! That tom placement has to go!

Most recent pic of my kit. Finally got my 18" coated head a few days ago.

Quote:
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2006-04-06, 09:27
Demogorgon
Metalhead

The placement of that china looks quite uncomfortable, no?

Old 2006-04-06, 10:47
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

wow
2 kits

2 drummers
2 members of the derek forum

but yeah

'HOLY TOM ANGLES BATMAN!!!'

Old 2006-04-06, 13:03
Demogorgon
Metalhead

What the hell are you talking about NZ?

Old 2006-04-07, 00:24
The Execrator
Noob lud

I love the china placement. Lets me hit it with so much power.

Don't question NZ, he's crazy.

Quote:

Old 2006-04-07, 01:38
mortpayne
Senior Metalhead

Reading "china" always makes me think of dishes. That would suck for drumming. One hit and you need a replacement. I once played with a drummer that had a stop sign. I think it was more for looks though. It was kind of weird when he used it. Does anybody here use any really weird shit on their drums? I have a bloody mannequin head that I should use. That would look so BR00TAL!!!!11 Hell, a whole fucking set made out of human heads! Mmmm...squishy...messy...

Old 2006-04-07, 03:02
low-tech
Post-whore

i just recently took my circular blade off. ive used some random stuff before, the best thing i used was this weird orange thing, i dont know what it was, it was a tube with a base that was this metalic dish. sounded like a church bell, real loud.

ive seen some junk drumsets and even a set made out of steel sheeting complete with tension systems for regular heads, they all sounded like shit and the drummers playing them werent interesting. id still like to make something like that tho.

Old 2006-04-07, 04:36
Young Drummer
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Execrator
Damn man, you need a rack! That tom placement has to go!

Most recent pic of my kit. Finally got my 18" coated head a few days ago.

im getting a rack this weekend and as for the toms what do you think i should do about them as far as placement?

Old 2006-04-07, 05:56
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

Quote:
Don't question NZ, he's crazy.

I am not Crazy

at least that what the voices in my head tell me!

Old 2006-04-08, 01:12
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drummer
im getting a rack this weekend and as for the toms what do you think i should do about them as far as placement?

Try to get them flattened out, and fairly close together. Makes it easier to reach and you use less energy. Though, there is no right or wrong drum set up, alot of people like to play with flatter, closer toms than your set. Check out some pictures of your favorite drummers sets and see what you can do. It shouldn't be too hard to set up to your needs with a rack.

Quote:

Old 2006-04-08, 12:55
Young Drummer
Metalhead

Quote:
Try to get them flattened out, and fairly close together. Makes it easier to reach and you use less energy. Though, there is no right or wrong drum set up, alot of people like to play with flatter, closer toms than your set. Check out some pictures of your favorite drummers sets and see what you can do. It shouldn't be too hard to set up to your needs with a rack.

alright thanx ill try that once they rack gets here. heres the link to the rack and im wondering how much more stuff i would need 2 put on it to fit my kit

rack

Old 2006-04-10, 04:29
davie_gravy
Metal As Fuck!

Hey!

I got my drums all setup today! I'm so excited! I hooked up with musiciansfriend and bought a set of Ludwigs and all the fixings. I love it! Starting off very affordable for now and will upgrade as I get better.

Stuff I got was...

Ludwig Accent Combo 5-pc

Tama Iron Cobra Double Bass (used [ebay])

Remo Powerstroke Heads (maybe?)

Cheap Boomstand & Multiclamp & Pearl Cymbal Attachment

6 pack of Vic Firth (5b, Metal, & Metal Nylon)

Extras: Felts, Drum Key, Kick Pad, Pocket Pussy, Used Tampons

Cymbals

Wuhan 18" China

Sabian B8 Pro 20" Medium Ride (ebay)

Zildjian ZBT 18' Crash/Ride (ebay)

14"/16"/18" Pulse Cymbal Pack (free)

Mute Disks (free)

Front Shot
Angle Shot
Behind (P.O.V.) Shot

Old 2006-04-11, 01:23
Young Drummer
Metalhead

i swear to god you have the same carpet as me for my drum set

Old 2006-04-11, 02:42
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
Hey!

I got my drums all setup today! I'm so excited! I hooked up with musiciansfriend and bought a set of Ludwigs and all the fixings. I love it! Starting off very affordable for now and will upgrade as I get better.

Stuff I got was...

Ludwig Accent Combo 5-pc

Tama Iron Cobra Double Bass (used [ebay])

Remo Powerstroke Heads (maybe?)

Cheap Boomstand & Multiclamp & Pearl Cymbal Attachment

6 pack of Vic Firth (5b, Metal, & Metal Nylon)

Extras: Felts, Drum Key, Kick Pad, Pocket Pussy, Used Tampons

Cymbals

Wuhan 18" China

Sabian B8 Pro 20" Medium Ride (ebay)

Zildjian ZBT 18' Crash/Ride (ebay)

14"/16"/18" Pulse Cymbal Pack (free)

Mute Disks (free)

Front Shot
Angle Shot
Behind (P.O.V.) Shot

Looking good man. Very impressive first set.

Quote:

Old 2006-04-11, 16:38
davie_gravy
Metal As Fuck!

Quote:
Looking good man. Very impressive first set.

Thanks man!

Old 2006-04-17, 04:04
Young Drummer
Metalhead

my dads bashing out the back wall behind my set so now i can fit a shit load more stuff in for my set

Old 2006-04-17, 04:06
IlikeRiffseveryone
Supreme Metalhead

i'm following you around, mike! Paint the town dead, whahahahahaha!!!!
yes its a gay project, and no im not in special needs class.

Old 2006-04-17, 04:08
Young Drummer
Metalhead

damnit neil i dont need a forum babysitter (sucks on bottle)

Old 2006-04-17, 04:10
IlikeRiffseveryone
Supreme Metalhead

hahaha, if you venture away from my protective Defense aura you'll get raped by vultures!

Old 2006-04-17, 04:11
Young Drummer
Metalhead

fiiiiiiine ill stay with you

Old 2006-04-17, 04:12
IlikeRiffseveryone
Supreme Metalhead

damn straight. Now, i'm going to stop talking before i get attacked. I'll keep an eye on you from the rtt thread. I'm safe there.

Old 2006-04-17, 04:45
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:

Old 2006-04-17, 04:55
CompelledToLacerate
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...dpiccrap064.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...dpiccrap065.jpg

needed to take 2 pictures. Not that big of a kit, but it was in a small room and the camera sucked.

Mapex M series 6 piece set;

Toms:
10"
12"
14"
16"

22" bass drum (I think, could be 20)

Snares:
14x5" snare
13x3" Pearl brass piccolo snare. Didn't come with the kit.

Cymbals;
14" A-custom Zildjian crash
16" A-series crash
20" A-series medium ride
14" A-series hi-hat
10" A-series splash
10" Xs20 Sabian splash
14" China cymbal (don't know the brand)

DW 5000 double bass pedal

Cowbell w/ bass drum mounter

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.

Old 2006-04-17, 04:55
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

anyway back to talking about non gay shit like I dunno

DRUM KITS!!!

soonish I am gonna be getting myself a cymbal bag and drum bags for my kit as in about june ish time I am gonna start some serious gigging whith my band as soon as we finish our ep (which should be around then!)

Old 2006-04-17, 05:42
Young Drummer
Metalhead

when its finished you better post it on here

Old 2006-04-19, 14:55
sqol
Post-whore

My/my sisters kit sounds rather bad, in dire need of new skins, and a floor tom, and a better snare

New pedals and hat/snare stands wouldn't go amiss either!

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undone
moonraven?....more like ass raven

Old 2006-04-20, 04:26
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

is your sister hot and does she play death metal?

Old 2006-09-25, 18:13
Clarissa
New Blood

I have a pearl ELX export rock kit in cobalt fade with ZXt titanium zildjian cymbals (hihats, crash, splash, ride, china)

Old 2006-09-30, 01:05
distortion
New Blood

I have a arch set(and noone I have ever talked to has ever heard of this company)
- 22 bass -12 tom -16 tom -Tama premier snare
-pdp dbass pedal
-14 Sabian hand Hammered Hi-Hats
-10 ZBT splash
-16 ZBT crash
- a random ride which I turned into a china

Old 2006-10-22, 00:29
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by distortion
I have a arch set(and noone I have ever talked to has ever heard of this company)
- 22 bass -12 tom -16 tom -Tama premier snare
-pdp dbass pedal
-14 Sabian hand Hammered Hi-Hats
-10 ZBT splash
-16 ZBT crash
- a random ride which I turned into a china

sounds like a emo...i mean "hardcore" kit

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg

Old 2006-10-22, 06:08
Valtiel
Supreme Metalhead

........Or a classic rock kit, blues kit, or anything he feels like playing on it kit.
"So often our hands get caught up in ruts of muscle memory. 'Muscle memory' is an accurate term. We get used to doing certain things, without even being aware of them. This ultimately not only shapes and therefore limits our technique, it also shapes what we compose, what we write. We end up thinking still unknowingly trapped in that box." -Adam Nitti

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
buy a stick of graphite (art stores) and rub it into your nut

Old 2006-10-24, 02:09
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

I really doubt that.
its like a one in a million chance, when hes posting on a metal forum that his main kit is set up for jazz and blues.

Old 2006-10-26, 21:51
TrappedInChaos
New Blood

My Set

I have an odd collection of pieces that, when I put them all together, they make like a 16 piece set, but separately they're just three discombobulated five-piece sets.
I have:
Two 14" snares, three 22" bass drums, six mounted toms (12", 12", 13", 13", 16", 16"), three floor toms (all 18"), a Zildjian 18" crash/ride, Camber 16" and 18" crashes, and Camber hi-hats, and a mounted tambourine because I felt like having one. But one of the bass drums is used as a floor tom, and I don't always use this set anyway because it's really hard to fit in a station wagon. I did that once, though. It took a while, but I fit it all in.

Old 2006-10-26, 22:26
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

pics?
I love franken-kits

Old 2007-01-01, 01:45
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/...ahbabby2bu1.jpg

not the biggest, but i have a double bass and 4 toms does me well. i have a 18 crash ride which i really like, nice bell on that a really trashy china sound

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2007-01-01, 02:49
CompelledToLacerate

How'd you get the Bird's eye view shot?

Quote:
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.

Old 2007-01-01, 04:05
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
How'd you get the Bird's eye view shot?

my garage has rafters, i climbed on those

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2007-01-01, 07:26
CompelledToLacerate

Oh. good idea. My garage also has rafters. I never thought of doing something like that.

.... I'll probably try to do it, and end up killing myself trying to balance myself. I get shaky in high places

Quote:

Old 2007-01-01, 22:57
jimmers
Senior Metalhead

I still ass around with my kit all the time.. never found a setup I love and want to keep forever. Anyway, I'm using 2 kits at the moment: one crappy old 4 piece which I am really enjoying playing, and my main double kick kit which I only really use for gigging and recording these days. Heartbreaking, but I can't practice at home and it's just too much to cart around to church halls and things twice a week.

Anyway: the 4 piece:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f...as/P8250001.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f...s/Image_005.jpg

and the main kit:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f...s/Image0031.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f...as/montage2.jpg

Actually, I've just noticed the pictures of the big kit are quite old, and missing some of the splashes and the other china. Also, since then I've added another RUDE crach and a second Iron Cobra single to go on the second kick. I'm using a WorldMax piccolo snare at the moment, but I'll probably go back to the 6.5" wood one when I'm bored with that.

Old 2007-01-16, 18:20
Demogorgon
Metalhead

Little kit-builder try-out :

HERE

Old 2007-01-16, 22:23
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

dude whats the like for that kit builder site?
I usually just have fun and fuck around with the DW one.

Old 2007-01-17, 14:24
Demogorgon
Metalhead

Old 2007-01-17, 20:39
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

thanks nigga

Old 2007-01-27, 17:44
skank nasty
New Blood

i have a 7 piece discontinued gretch kit, sizes are 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 and a 22 by 18 bass drum. cymbals are:

16" 18" 19" zildjian a custom projection crashes
20" sabian b20 ride that i use as a crash
21" z custom mega bell ride
13" sabian aax hats
18" zildjian china boy high
18" stagg china
10" + 12" stagg splashes
6" + 10" home made ice bells cut down from 16" and 18" crashes.

i use a really old pearl rack to hold them all
14/4 yamaha brass snare
pearl eliminator double pedal
ddrum bass drum trigger through the brain off my yamaha dtxpress electric drums.
www.myspace.com/grilledpiss grill that fucking piss, nintendo grind with guitars and shouting.

and if you like stupid videos
www.myspace.com/ecdcaregay

too many myspaces there for ones liking but fuck it everyone else uses and i do need my cool points.

Old 2007-01-28, 14:06
Demogorgon
Metalhead

That seems like a damn big kit.
No pictures?

Old 2007-01-28, 19:11
skank nasty
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demogorgon
That seems like a damn big kit.
No pictures?

there you go as requested, im a bit poor at the minute so i havent got enough stands to fit everything on. the big space on the left side of the kit is where the 16" crash and second china go, the home made ice bell on the floor doesnt have a stand either and i tend not to use the 8" tom as its too high pitched. i tried to get a pic of the whole room but its not great, my house mate has a nice premier cabria kit with a selection of various low range cymbals and my electric kit is in the corner behind the upright bed. the last pic happened an hour ago and is going to slow me down getting money for stands and clamps. electric kick double bassed to death. clean snap at the welds.

oh and before anyone comments, the 16" isnt ment to be with the kit, its nearly the same colour and works with the overall sound even though its different wood
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (92.9 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (72.1 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (60.7 KB, 83 views)
www.myspace.com/grilledpiss grill that fucking piss, nintendo grind with guitars and shouting.

too many myspaces there for ones liking but fuck it everyone else uses and i do need my cool points.

Old 2007-01-28, 21:56
Demogorgon
Metalhead

Very nice kit man!

Old 2007-01-28, 22:27
skank nasty
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demogorgon
Very nice kit man!

cheers buddy. havent posted any pics online for a few years. i wouldnt mind to replace the kit for bigger toms sizes. il stick up more pics when i have the stands.

Old 2007-02-24, 08:43
Acidbath32
New Blood

I have 2 sets, a Roland Vt3 (i think thats the model? i know its a 3) Vdrum kit (for practice and silent jamming mostly) and my acoustic kit which is the one everyone wants to hear about: its a Tama Rockstar Custom w/ Orange sunburst finish and i use dw7002s on it when im playing (hopefully going to get an axis slave rod to put on it) and for the cymbals i have paiste 505 ride and hi hats, wuhan s series thin crash, zildjian z custom medium crash, wuhan 8 and 10 inch splashes, and an s series wuhan 12 inch splash

Old 2007-03-01, 00:14
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skank nasty
there you go as requested, im a bit poor at the minute so i havent got enough stands to fit everything on. the big space on the left side of the kit is where the 16" crash and second china go, the home made ice bell on the floor doesnt have a stand either and i tend not to use the 8" tom as its too high pitched. i tried to get a pic of the whole room but its not great, my house mate has a nice premier cabria kit with a selection of various low range cymbals and my electric kit is in the corner behind the upright bed. the last pic happened an hour ago and is going to slow me down getting money for stands and clamps. electric kick double bassed to death. clean snap at the welds.

oh and before anyone comments, the 16" isnt ment to be with the kit, its nearly the same colour and works with the overall sound even though its different wood

you have alot of shit

Old 2007-03-26, 20:48
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

I just recently bought this drumset(Pearl Rhythm Traveler). I know its nothing to drool over, but its lots of fun to play. I dont have a digital camera so I had to find a pic on the net. Anyway, when these stock Pearl heads get worn out, I'm replacing them with various Evans heads until I figure out the ones that sound the best to me. I'm currently saving up for some good Sabian cymbals. Oh and I bought the Pearl Eliminator double pedal chain drive to replace the bass drum pedal you see in the pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RT_with_heads 2.jpg (45.8 KB, 107 views)

Old 2007-03-29, 01:56
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

you bought a junior kit?

Old 2007-03-29, 15:08
ThornsOfHeaven200
Supreme Metalhead

Naa, its a portable drum kit. The drums are smaller in terms of depth. The toms are single headed so I could stack them easily and are 10x5,12x5 and 14x5. The bass drum (20x8) and snare drum (13x5) are both double headed. The reason why I bought this instead of a normal sized kit is because I dont have a permanent place to set it up, so I have to constantly set up and break down this kit. The set up and break down time is pretty small so this kit is actually the "perfect" one, for now. When I have to change heads, Im gonna put on some Evans G2s on the toms, power center on the snare and EQ4 on the bass drum. This should improve the sound so that all the drums sound deeper.

Old 2007-03-30, 02:23
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

o i c

Old 2007-04-04, 20:58
blub
New Blood

very old Premier and Sonor kit (sth. like 2 in 1)

10x6....10x8......12x9......12x10 Toms..14x12 FloorTom
(Sonor)(Premier)(Premier)(Sonor)..........(Premier)

14x5 SnareDrum..20x16 BassDrum
(Tama)..............(Premier)

Paiste Visions 14" Hi Hat
Paiste Visions 8" Splash
Paiste Visions 10" Splash
Paiste Visions 20" Full Ride
Paiste Sound Formular 14" Full Crash
Paiste Alpha 16" Power Crash
Paiste Rude 17" Crash/Ride
Paiste Rude 18" Crash/Ride
Paiste Rude 18" China

Dixon Rack
6-Year-Old Yamaha Double Pedal

DRUMMER FOR LIFE

Last edited by blub : 2007-04-04 at 21:00.