Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
GOD DAMMIT! Everyone has heard the new Megadeth but me

same here

Old 2004-07-18, 05:40
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Get on SoulSeek and you cna all have it

kick the chair is a great song, and house of doom is off BLS' newest cd which is more like rock than metal, still plenty of great sogn son it though

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-18, 16:40
younguitarist
Post-whore

look heres the songs.

Disc 1

1. Slipknot - "Duality"
2. Korn - "Right Now"
3. Killswitch Engage - "Rose Of Sharyn"
4. Megadeth - "Kick The Chair"
5. Atreyu - "Right Side Of The Bed"
6. Drowning Pool - "Step Up"
7. A Perfect Circle - "Weak And Powerless"
8. Shadows Fall - "What Drives The Weak"
9. Machine Head - "Imperium"
10. Superjoint Ritual - "Waiting For The Turning Point"
11. Kittie - "Into The Darkness"
12. H.I.M. - "Your Sweet Six Six Six"
13. Avenged Sevenfold - "Unholy Confessions"
14. Lamb Of God - "Laid To Rest"
15. Soulfly - "Prophecy"
16. Black Label Society - "House Of Doom"
17. Damageplan - "Breathing New Life"
18. In Flames - "The Quiet Place"
19. Fear Factory - "Archetype"
20. Probot - "My Tortured Soul (live from Headbangers Ball)"

The only bands i like in the list is BLS,megadeth,and damage plan,and shadows fall.

Old 2004-07-19, 10:03
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

YoungGuitarist, you have an awesome signature. "I DON'T KNOW YOU!"

Old 2004-07-20, 00:44
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Quote:
GOD DAMMIT! Everyone has heard the new Megadeth but me

Me too! someone upload it please?

Old 2004-07-20, 01:02
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

learn to read dumbass.

i have on soulseek. If you dont have soulseek too bad

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-20, 01:18
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

boohoo, i can wait until it comes out.

Old 2004-07-20, 01:54
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

then dont ask for people to upload it

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-20, 22:52
younguitarist
Post-whore

Mustaine: says Metallica set him up in Movie

MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has told MTV.com that got stabbed in the back by METALLICA and filmmakers Joe Berlinger and Bruce Sinofsky after he agreed to help them out with the $4.3 million movie "Some Kind of Monster". In one of the most powerful scenes in the film, Mustaine confronts METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich about being kicked out of the band in 1982 for being a belligerent drunk.

"If you watch the stuff linearly, it's totally different," Mustaine said. "They filmed three hours of us together and they only used about five minutes. Why didn't they use the part where Lars gets up and walks to the bathroom crying because I let him have it because of the shit that happened?"

Mustaine told MTV.com that after the filmed therapy session, he was handed release papers, which he agreed to sign, provided he was given the chance to OK the footage he was in after it was edited. More than a year later he was sent a tape of his scene, which he was extremely unhappy with. So he talked to one of the movie's directors and sent a message to METALLICA stating that he didn't want his scene released.

"It didn't mean anything to them," Mustaine said. "Then Lars put his spin on it, saying, 'Well, we looked at [his statement], and we couldn't figure out if it was him or the management saying it.' Who gives a fuck-? We didn't approve it, and that's all that should have mattered. I can't think of anybody who has frustrated and hurt me more over the years than Lars."

"I had no idea I was getting set up," Mustaine continued. "And the thing I don't understand is that for 20 years they've said that I was the temporary guitar player, and that I was no good. You don't talk about me, and basically pretended that I never even existed, and now I'm so goddamn important I gotta be in the movie? Give me a break." Read more

Old 2004-07-21, 04:04
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Typical $'tallica! I would have guessed they would have Dave made out to make $'tallica look like the super metal band of all times during the editing.

Haha, Dave made Lars cry

Old 2004-07-21, 04:32
cxmachine
Senior Metalhead

for those who are lookin for the new album and are eager to hear the new megadeth (which i think is fucking awesome) go get urself direct connect. or dc++ preferably, almost any music you are looking for is available there

Old 2004-07-21, 05:24
IcedSyrus102
New Blood

theyre new album is coming out in sept and dave has been taking guitar lessons and he said he got alot better and the new stuff is faster and heavier than their old shit

Old 2004-07-21, 05:31
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I didn't think Dave needed lessons but damn, if he got better than he was then I can't imagen what it will sound like. I bet Chris Poland gave him some tips and lessons. I can't wait til Sept. I'm just going to buy it at the store. I want the whole package CD.

Old 2004-07-21, 21:27
younguitarist
Post-whore

MEGADETH's MUSTAINE: DAVID ELLEFSON Has Never Been My Best Friend - July 21, 2004

In a recent interview with Greece's Metal-Temple.com webzine, MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine spoke about longtime bassist David Ellefson's absence from the group's current lineup. "Everyone thinks that [Ellefson] was my best friend. He's not my best friend, he's never been my best friend. We were close because of business. Dave lied [about] me in the press, he said that my arm injury was fake, went around town and slandered me. We made him a really good offer and he said no. I mean, if I give you an offer and you don't take it, it means no, right? So he said he never said no and I'm thinking, 'Fucking idiot.' So…I don't wanna talk bad about him. He helped me a lot over the years by being a solid member and it was his choice, it's his loss.

Mustaine also offered his views on the war in Iraq and the toppling of Saddam Hussein. "It needed to happen," he said. "The Americans went in there to liberate Iraq. A lot of people don't think they were being liberated because France didn't join in, Germany didn't join in and neither did Russia. The reason they didn't join in was because they had billions of dollars in stake with building the oil fields in the North of Iraq. The reason Russia, Germany and France supported us when we went into Afghanistan was because Afghanistan is a shithole. The people [of Afghanistan] I believe are probably very lovely people — I've never met any Afghanis but, you know, Russia wasn't making billion-dollar oil fields up there. Afghanistan was known for its poppy production, which results in heroin. Afghanistan is renowned for its hashish. If Germany, France and Russia went into Iraq, public opinion would be different.

"People in the music business, in American, are talking bad about Bush…you know what? Shut the fuck up! You're a musician; you don't know a thing about running a country! If there would have been a better man to run the States right now, we would have picked him, it's a democratic process. There are a couple of guys who run for office, everybody picks him, he goes to the next level. Shut up, he's the fucking president! There's gonna be an election, if you don't like him go for the other guy. Don't sit back there and just piss and moan. I see all these guys like Michael Moore going off and I'm like, 'Dude, you don't have a fucking idea about what you're talking about. . . I think that because there's so much bullshit going on with self-advancement in America that people are trying to make what Bush is doing look bad. Now, am I a republican? No. Am I an American? Yeah. Do I consider myself to be patriotic? Yes. Do I think the war with Iraq was wrong? No! Saddam Hussein was a terrorist. He was a dictator and he tortured people."

Read Dave Mustaine's entire interview with Metal-Temple.com at this location

Old 2004-07-21, 21:35
younguitarist
Post-whore

Rock N Roll Experience: What do you think of [MEGADETH mainman] Dave Mustaine finding God after he got sober?

Jeff Hanneman: "I don't know [laughs]. All I know about him is I used to like his guitar playing a lot, I liked his first few records, of course I liked his stuff when he was in METALLICA and I liked his solos because they were like really technical, but they had an anger to them with a little over-the-edge type of sound, but his last few albums were just too commercial for me. Personally, I think the guy is a little out of his mind, but I get along with him."

Old 2004-07-22, 00:01
Hate Eternal
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
I didn't think Dave needed lessons but damn, if he got better than he was then I can't imagen what it will sound like. I bet Chris Poland gave him some tips and lessons. I can't wait til Sept. I'm just going to buy it at the store. I want the whole package CD.

it was probably cause it had got fucked up not long ago, and needs to get back into it, on another note i think Ellefson is mainly just pissed off cause Dave gave him shit about his skill as a bass player, and i would n't consider Daves solos technical in Metallica

Old 2004-07-22, 00:35
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by younguitarist
Rock N Roll Experience: What do you think of [MEGADETH mainman] Dave Mustaine finding God after he got sober?

Jeff Hanneman: "I don't know [laughs]. All I know about him is I used to like his guitar playing a lot, I liked his first few records, of course I liked his stuff when he was in METALLICA and I liked his solos because they were like really technical, but they had an anger to them with a little over-the-edge type of sound, but his last few albums were just too commercial for me. Personally, I think the guy is a little out of his mind, but I get along with him."

Haha, thats funny! Slayer thinks Dave is out of his mind? I wonder what they will think of the new album? I hope they like it, because I would love to see a Slayer/Megadeth tour.

Old 2004-07-22, 03:50
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

I really hope Dave manages to put together that Megadeth, Anthrax, Exodus, and Testament tour.

GOD DAMN THAT WOULD KICK ASS

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-25, 19:58
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
I really hope Dave manages to put together that Megadeth, Anthrax, Exodus, and Testament tour.

GOD DAMN THAT WOULD KICK ASS

I'll pray

Old 2004-07-25, 20:56
josh_smith09
Metalhead
Banned

THAT WOULD BE GREAT

Old 2004-07-30, 01:55
SixfeetUnder420
Senior Metalhead

You are right Megadeths new albums suck compared to their old ones. My Favorite is Killing is my Buissness.

Old 2004-07-30, 02:46
lamb_of_god
Supreme Metalhead

He just did an interview with Guitar World I read. He has a new album recorded allready apparently. I can't remember the title right now. Chris Poland solos on nine of the tracks but ain't in the band. Mustaine's kind of pissed off at Marty Friedman and Kerry King. He says he belives in god but ain't a christian or a pussy (I been sayin' that for years.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Everything is funny you just gotta look at it the right way.

Quote:
You know I believe in a ruling class, particuarly since I rule.

-Randal, Clerks

scientology

MySpace

scientology

Old 2004-07-30, 02:50
lamb_of_god
Supreme Metalhead

I liked Cryptic Writings.

Quote:

Quote:

-Randal, Clerks

scientology

MySpace

scientology

Old 2004-07-30, 02:57
AbbathGS
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamb_of_god
I liked Cryptic Writings.

HAHAHAHAHA.

Old 2004-07-30, 04:06
lamb_of_god
Supreme Metalhead

LICK MY SAC ASSHOLE!

Quote:

Quote:

-Randal, Clerks

scientology

MySpace

scientology

Old 2004-07-30, 17:05
Poof Daddy
Senior Metalhead

I just listened to the whole album, and is it just me or were there no memorable riffs in it at all. Half of the good ones were drowned out by singing. And apparently after he fell asleep on his arm he used his free time to practice singing because that got alot better (or maybe before, i never bothered listening to stuff after cte after i heard stuff like crush em and "E5 Hanger 18"). Also it just seemed not metal to me, not that thats bad, but it just sounded weird like normal rock or something. I'm probably just babbling because I've been up for about a day now and lack caffeine. Oh and many solo's werent loud enough and WTF is up with the solo tone. All in all a good album and much better than crush em and crap like that. And finally doesn't die dead enough seem like it should be the theme song for a James Bond movie with the same name.

Last edited by Poof Daddy : 2004-07-30 at 17:08.

Old 2004-07-30, 17:20
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I hope this is from the lack of sleep!

Old 2004-07-30, 21:57
Poof Daddy
Senior Metalhead

HAHA i still havent slept and now everythings is funny. Im doin this because i need to get back in a normal cycle for school or something. School starts for me one week from today. Damn. Maybe i just need to listen to the cd more but there definately is no hanger 18 or holy wars or tornado of souls or peace sells on it.

Old 2004-07-30, 23:12
Hate Eternal
Senior Metalhead

wonder who Dave's new lead guitarist would be? and i thought Marty was a believer of god? and i know Kerry King was in Megadeth for the 1st 5 shows so did he write the solos in KIMB? cause they seem to crappy to be Chris Poland solos

Old 2004-07-30, 23:41
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I wish I was Dave's new lead guitar, but I struggle with Chris Poland's solos as it is. You have to be very good to mimic Chris. I have not been able to find most of Chris's solos anywhere, because they are so hard poeple have a trouble tabbing them. Also King never wrote any leads for Megadeth, because he writes everything off key. He only filled in for a short time.

Old 2004-07-31, 00:02
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

You and Dave would look badass on stage together, him with his DV8 and you with your RAN

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-31, 00:15
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

I would cum in my pant on stage with Megadeth if I got to play a song with Dave and my Ran

Old 2004-07-31, 07:29
Poof Daddy
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
I wish I was Dave's new lead guitar, but I struggle with Chris Poland's solos as it is. You have to be very good to mimic Chris. I have not been able to find most of Chris's solos anywhere, because they are so hard poeple have a trouble tabbing them. Also King never wrote any leads for Megadeth, because he writes everything off key. He only filled in for a short time.

Does KK even know what a scale or key is?

Old 2004-07-31, 10:00
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

yes he does

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-07-31, 14:06
Poof Daddy
Senior Metalhead

Has he ever played a song with one in it? On an album or something.

Old 2004-07-31, 22:09
Hate Eternal
Senior Metalhead

i think king still get lessons, anyway if ur looking for heaps of polands megadeth stuff go to powertabs.net

Old 2004-08-06, 22:40
younguitarist
Post-whore

MEGADETH's DAVE MUSTAINE Files Counter Lawsuit Against DAVID ELLEFSON

Billboard.biz is reporting that MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has filed a counter lawsuit against former MEGADETH bassist David Ellefson alleging that Ellefson on May 14 executed a settlement agreement in which he gave up his 20% interest in MEGADETH. Mustaine maintains that the settlement — which Ellefson alleges was signed under pressure and ultimately withdrawn — released Mustaine from all claims.

Mustaine's suit, which seeks damages to be determined, was filed in response to Ellefson's original action, filed July 12 in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, which alleges that co-founding guitarist David Mustaine breached their long-running partnership agreement. He claims Mustaine wrongfully took the lion's share of the band's income (estimated at more than $200 million since 1984) for himself and cut Ellefson out of the band's music publishing and merchandise revenues.

Ellefson also says that Mustaine libeled him in an online posting. The bassist is seeking at least $18.5 million in damages.

Old 2004-09-12, 19:26
younguitarist
Post-whore

MEGADETH: Listen To Entire New Album Online

MEGADETH's entire new album, "The System Has Failed", can currently be streamed online at VH1.com. Listen to the CD at this location

"The System Has Failed", due on September 14 through Sanctuary Records, was recorded at Phase Four studios in Tempe, Arizona and features mainman Dave Mustaine alongside drummer Vinnie Colaiuta and bassist Jimmy Sloas. Additional lead guitar tracks were laid down by former MEGADETH guitarist Chris Poland.

MEGADETH's North American headlining tour in support of "The System Has Failed" is scheduled to kick off October 26 in San Diego, CA. A New York City date is tentatively penciled in for November 10. Support on the tour is expected to come from Los Angeles-based quintet EARSHOT. Other cities that will be covered during the first leg of the tour are San Francisco, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Tucson, Denver, Minneapolis, Chicago, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Washington, Philadelphia, Boston, Montreal, Toronto, Detroit, Milwaukee and St. Louis.

"The System Has Failed" is MEGADETH's first album since the announcement that Mustaine was disbanding the group following a serious accident in early 2002. At the time, it was unknown if severe nerve damage in his left arm would leave him able to perform again.

Old 2004-09-12, 19:30
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Ive had he cd for about 4 months..

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-09-12, 19:37
younguitarist
Post-whore

i had that cd for about 2 weeks..but soulinsane doesnt

Old 2004-09-12, 20:01
guitar_demon
MotörCat

so is it any good?
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!

Old 2004-09-12, 20:28
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

listen to it and find out for yourself.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-09-13, 03:10
Hate Eternal
Senior Metalhead

its good, alot more "Megadeth" than the last few albums, Dave has also announced his touring lead guitar (guy from eidolon) and bass (guy from iced earth)

Old 2004-09-15, 21:09
lamb_of_god
Supreme Metalhead

My friend said it blew. I only heard two songs from it so far. One was cool but I can't remember the name, and then there's "Die Dead Enough." One word: cheeseball. It made me sick.

Quote:

Quote:

-Randal, Clerks

scientology

MySpace

scientology

Old 2004-09-25, 05:36
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Well I do now have the new Megadeth...

I like it, but first listen didn't seem like it sounded much different then TWNAH. There is a real Megadeth edge to it that has hooked me, though. I think that it could have been mixed and mastered much better, but damn! It is true Megadeth/Dave.

My only queastion is why was AF1 flying over the Middle East?

Old 2004-10-17, 17:40
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

I just bought Peace Sells and Rust in Peace and holy shit, the remastering is increadible. These are a giant improvemant in sound from the original releases. A necessity for all Megadeth fans. Does anyone know of tour dates-?

Old 2004-10-17, 17:44
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

The dates are posted on Megadeth.com. The remixed releases are the shit too. Sounds like new albums.