MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands

Old 2004-05-13, 09:32
prophert of ezeikel
New Blood

Question satan or no satan?????

Does any 1 out there no exactly how many bands are influenced by the dark lord? i was just wondering because i think that most of them could b just posers

Old 2004-05-13, 10:07
BeastOfCarrion
Pokémon Master

how old are you?
(x.x) (> <)
Somebody has decapitated an innocent rabbit, can Abbath solve this crime before more innocent bunnies are hurt?

Old 2004-05-13, 11:38
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Akercocke are known to be Satanists but they don't go around bragging about it - they believe that Satanism is a private bond between them and Satan and don't release the details of their worshipping. Bands who boast about their allegiance to Satan tend to use it as a means of self promotion or for shock value but the fact is, it isn't shocking anymore.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2004-05-13, 11:39
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

I've just noticed that my 666th post (above) was on a topic about Satanism. Now that's just plane spooky...

Old 2004-05-13, 12:11
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

kid, how many topics did you start in less than a hour?

Old 2004-05-13, 12:14
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

mwuahahaha, me and my brother pissed our mom of by screaming satan all the time.

Now we have an official: dont say satan rule.

Old 2004-05-13, 13:10
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
Akercocke are known to be Satanists but they don't go around bragging about it - they believe that Satanism is a private bond between them and Satan and don't release the details of their worshipping. Bands who boast about their allegiance to Satan tend to use it as a means of self promotion or for shock value but the fact is, it isn't shocking anymore.

Yes. Morbid Angel's singer was a homo at the beginning of some song when I saw them live, he was talking about how fucked Christianity is snd how we have to put up with it every day. Tom Warrior also has said in the past that if you believe in that stuff, you are crazy. Most bands like Slayer use it like that, but don't really take it to a gay level like Morbid Angel.

Old 2004-05-13, 14:21
P§ÝÇHÕ
Senior Metalhead

What are you, some kind of fucking retard?

Old 2004-05-13, 14:32
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

who are you talking to?

Old 2004-05-13, 14:52
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by P§ÝÇHÕ
What are you, some kind of fucking retard?

isn't that obvious??

Old 2004-05-13, 14:58
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Most bands mention Satan becuase its just like going to see a horror movie. Even though they may not believe in it it doesn't mean they are posers. Tom of Slayer is Mormon( whatever spelling, not sure), but would slayer be any less kick ass if thier songs were about not drinking coffee and other Mormon stuff? No they wouldn't but they would have much lower sales. To be inspiread by Satan and write songs about it doesn't mean you have to be a Satanist or whatever. Its only exspession, but Morbid Angel; seems they kind of live it but they do have some good music.

Last edited by Soulinsane : 2004-05-13 at 15:01.

Old 2004-05-13, 15:12
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

most black metal band use "Satan" without having any association with him.

but still, Marduk is one of the few that seem legit.

Old 2004-05-13, 17:23
Mordor
Post-whore

Satyricon and Darkthrone, from wat i've heard, have a kind of association with satan

Sold my shit, now its time to PARTY!!!!!

Old 2004-05-13, 17:33
Drag the Waters
Senior Metalhead

Dark Funeral & Ancient Ceremony definately have the satan theme. But the whole idea of basing your music around satan is rather "juvenile".. also, being a satanist doesn't mean you worship the dark lord, its about worshiping yourself as a god, You Fucking Moron!!
.......| ____ |........................
.____|___|________........
.|.........................|.|....|.\........
.|......ice-cream....|.|__|..\___
.|.........................|..............*|
.|_.....___________.....__.o|
....(...)....~.~~.>--<o.(...).......

Old 2004-05-13, 19:11
Mordor
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drag the Waters
being a satanist doesn't mean you worship the dark lord, its about worshiping yourself as a god, You Fucking Moron!!

Maybe, but isnt their two types of satanists, ones who believe in a inner being called satan and ones where they believe the only god is yourself, i dunno, i maybe wrong but i remeber reading somet on it

Old 2004-05-13, 19:15
Transient
HES BAAACK

who the hell cares? i hate it when bands bring religion into the music

and yeah, morbid angel were pretty shitty "we have to put up with their lies every day"

Old 2004-05-13, 19:40
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drag the Waters
Dark Funeral & Ancient Ceremony definately have the satan theme. But the whole idea of basing your music around satan is rather "juvenile".. also, being a satanist doesn't mean you worship the dark lord, its about worshiping yourself as a god, You Fucking Moron!!

Basing music on Satan is old school, but not ""juvenile"".. also, being as Satan's name is in the word Satanist, which is someone that follows the teachings of Satanism ( the principal worshiping of Satan ), I think its clear that a Satanist does indeed worship Satan... unless there is some other Dark Lord! The worshing of yourself I believe is called "your name hereism". Are you from the southern part of Illinois or were you the kid that would lick the windows of the short bus on your way to school?

Old 2004-05-13, 20:05
FearFrost
The Mountie From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
mwuahahaha, me and my brother pissed our mom of by screaming satan all the time.

Now we have an official: dont say satan rule.

I got kick out of my aunts house for good when I wore my Cannibal Corpse "Gallery Of Suicide" Shirt over there for dinner.

Old 2004-05-13, 20:38
Corpsevomit98
Post-whore

Quote:
I've just noticed that my 666th post (above) was on a topic about Satanism. Now that's just plane spooky...

My Brother is going to graduate June 6th 2006 06/06/06
I find that rather humerous

Old 2004-05-13, 21:28
Transient
HES BAAACK

whoah, haahahah

Old 2004-05-13, 23:23
ShredIsNotDead
Post-whore

worshipping satan seems kind of stupid because if you don't believe in God then how much more realistic can Satan be??? I don't believe in God at all, because the story of creation sounds soo made up with all this scientific evidence of evolution these days. Never in the bible did they mention the creation of dinosaurs, they were sort of ignored, yet scientific evidence proves them to be real. This could mean the bible was a fictional story. Who knows maybe it was a bestseller in the year 68. I could bury the Lord Of The Rings novels and maybe in 1000 years they will be dug up and believed to be real stories. Maybe they will believe hobbits walked the earth 3000 years ago. Anyways, I am neither a worshipper of Satan nor God, i believe in the science stuff.

Old 2004-05-13, 23:34
Corpsevomit98
Post-whore

good for you. I dont believe in the bible or any religion. I am i guess an athiest but I just dont give a shit. If anyone has ever seen Penn and Tellers Bullshit on Showtime, the did a story about how many things contradict each other in the bible. And also if you believed everything in the bible, noone would go to heaven because it says that selling your daughter into slavery is a good thing.

Old 2004-05-14, 01:52
DEAD
Post-whore

You called him the 'dark lord' you fucking fag.

Listen to music for music, not philosophy, lyrics or image.
Comforting silence

Old 2004-05-14, 03:06
BeastOfCarrion
Pokémon Master

As far as i can see it is just as gimickie as wearing matching jumpsuits and masks
(x.x) (> <)
Somebody has decapitated an innocent rabbit, can Abbath solve this crime before more innocent bunnies are hurt?

Old 2004-05-14, 03:25
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastOfCarrion
As far as i can see it is just as gimickie as wearing matching jumpsuits and masks

Good one!

Old 2004-05-14, 04:56
timedragon
Legio Draconorum Orkian

I guess i wouldnt know because ive never talked to any band members in person... except for In flames, and they dont even fit this discussion anyway. So how would i know if the "satanic" bands actually are satanic? But if I'd have to guess id say a lot of them do it just to promote their "evil" music. Anyway, i dont like it when bands say anything about religions. I think that should be a personal topic, maybe even private for some.

Old 2004-05-14, 05:01
Hallucinating Death
New Blood

Satan is boring and cliched.

Old 2004-05-14, 05:49
Drag the Waters
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
Basing music on Satan is old school, but not ""juvenile"".. also, being as Satan's name is in the word Satanist, which is someone that follows the teachings of Satanism ( the principal worshiping of Satan ), I think its clear that a Satanist does indeed worship Satan... unless there is some other Dark Lord! The worshing of yourself I believe is called "your name hereism". Are you from the southern part of Illinois or were you the kid that would lick the windows of the short bus on your way to school?

hey dumbass, how about reading this before you talk about something you know nothing of.www.satanism101.com

Old 2004-05-14, 06:05
Darkenelf
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophert of ezeikel
Does any 1 out there no exactly how many bands are influenced by the dark lord? i was just wondering because i think that most of them could b just posers

dunno, maybe a milion, does that help, answering your question?

Join the hordes!!

Old 2004-05-14, 06:16
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Yep! In reference to that sight ( which is a good sight by the way ) I am wrong and you are right. Anton LaVey is changed the way people veiw Satanism alot. I researched his cult in the early 90's and things were way different within his home as compared to other Satanic cults. He is dead now but it looks like people still follow his ministries.

But in general, Satanist in some way are involved, follow, and worship what Satan represents.

Old 2004-05-14, 08:11
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredIsNotDead
This could mean the bible was a fictional story. Who knows maybe it was a bestseller in the year 68. I could bury the Lord Of The Rings novels and maybe in 1000 years they will be dug up and believed to be real stories. Maybe they will believe hobbits walked the earth 3000 years ago.

Man, I've always thought that! There's a page missing from the Bible that starts off with, "All people and events in this book are fictional and bare no resemblence...". (That's an old Red Dwarf joke)

Science has disproved nearly everything that Christianity has claimed over the last couple of millenia so I listen to the people who are endeavouring to discover where we came from and where we are going rather than corrupt, child abusing priests who have no interest in why humanity is here.

I've said it all along to anyone who will listen: If a giant asteriod was on a collision course with the Earth, who is going to save us, scientists or God/Satan?

Old 2004-05-14, 08:44
Undying_Hatred
Post-whore

Havent we already had this discussion once before? Sigh..
Lets start with the Daughter/Slavery comment. This is entirely true. But, Mr.Shittles left out a significant aspect. This was taken from what was known the as Jewish Law, but in these times we refer to as the old testament. It also says stuff about your Wife being lower than a dog and you HAVE to kill your son if he disobeys you in even the most insignificant way, or else you will go to hell.
As for the brilliant obvservations by our ouw 13 year old theologian.
Lets put it this way. How would you classify a dinosaur? Humanoid, Animal, or Alien?
Your proven scientists have already shown us that the dinosaurs as a whole origionated from this planet ruling out the possibility of being an Alien life form.
And any crackwhore on 4th Ave. can tell you that dinosaurs arent humanoid, so that leaves us with animals? Ok so lets run over a list of what was created during the 6 days mentioned in the begining of the bible........As for the bible not being the sturdy foundation that most people make it out to be.....I would have to agree. Aside from the laws that I mentioned earlier all of the chapters that were selected to be in the bible were put together by the roman catholic church. In fact these "best sellers" you speak of were in fact just that. Only it was'nt the bible as a whole..it was the chapters. See, people would write these books, storys, and tales of Jesus' journeys and from those the books were desided. They know this because they have found some of the other chapters that were not selected, some of which were "disturbing" in a sence to the church itself. Things as Jesus being possesed and killing his childhood friend at the age of 13, Mary Magdaline really being one of the 12, well 13 deciples (the one that was closest to Jesus, actually) and the version of Peters book in which Jesus tells Peter secretly that hell is not eternal and that so manyt odd years after the world ends every one will get into heaven and so on and so forth. So why base a religion on something that in my eyes the roman church slapped together.
As for that I belive...I belive in my own relationship with god. I dont need a bible to follow word for word to reafirm what i belive. It is unfathomable to me as to why people are satanist. They clearly belive in both good and evil, so they would want to live in eternal hell fire? But then they could pull an Al Pacino and say "Concider the source of your book". But isnt that the ultimate deviancy? Lets get them to stray...then lets disprove it but using the logic that they wont be able to prove us wrong if they only use their proof. But to him his own.

Old 2004-05-14, 08:58
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

.... K

Old 2004-05-14, 10:50
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

can you say that in two sentences?

I'll read up on it later

Old 2004-05-14, 14:26
BOSE
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Most bands mention Satan becuase its just like going to see a horror movie. Even though they may not believe in it it doesn't mean they are posers. Tom of Slayer is Mormon( whatever spelling, not sure), but would slayer be any less kick ass if thier songs were about not drinking coffee and other Mormon stuff? No they wouldn't but they would have much lower sales. To be inspiread by Satan and write songs about it doesn't mean you have to be a Satanist or whatever. Its only exspession, but Morbid Angel; seems they kind of live it but they do have some good music.

Tom from slayer is definatly not a mormon. They can't swear, drink, smoke, do drugs, or promote satan in anyway. So if he is really a mormon, then he must walk around in a constant state of guilt, cause he does all of those things. Yes it's known fact Slayer isn't satanic, but they did use it for shock value, but Tom a mormon? NO, NO FUCKING WAY. You are retarded

Old 2004-05-14, 15:09
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSE
Tom from slayer is definatly not a mormon. They can't swear, drink, smoke, do drugs, or promote satan in anyway. So if he is really a mormon, then he must walk around in a constant state of guilt, cause he does all of those things. Yes it's known fact Slayer isn't satanic, but they did use it for shock value, but Tom a mormon? NO, NO FUCKING WAY. You are retarded

I wasn't sure, but I heard that he was. It wouldn't shock me if he was. I do know for a fact that he is really into indian spiritualism. Is there such a thing as a liberal Mormon?

Old 2004-05-14, 17:15
luciferlad
New Blood

apparently some of the guys in Emperor are satanists, and this one guy who was his own black metal band... I dont know his name (look on swedishmetal.net if youre ambitious enough) was/is a satanist and murdered a guy or 2.

Last edited by luciferlad : 2004-05-14 at 17:18.

Old 2004-05-14, 21:52
ShredIsNotDead
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undying_Hatred
As for the brilliant obvservations by our ouw 13 year old theologian.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

i dont know whether to take that as an insult or a compliment. But im 14 tomorrow bitch

Old 2004-05-14, 21:58
Blizzard Beast
Senior Metalhead

Johnmansley; you sir are a SMEGHEAD!

Hail Lucifer!

Old 2004-05-15, 00:46
Transient
HES BAAACK

varg vikernes of burzum if im thinking of the right guy

he murdered epynonymous

or eurononymous

one of em

Old 2004-05-15, 07:43
The Dimmu Monk
Senior Metalhead

So called satanic bands are so childish! The image that they project of satanism is completly wrong. Satanists aren't opposed to God, they're opposed to the worshipping of God. The true satanists don't believe in a dark lord wich is the exact nemesis of God. The stupid childish conception of opposition to christiannity (good versus evil) is rather manicheist than satanic. ''Satanic'' bands act just as teenagers in their identity crisis seeking for provocation and contradiction. I laugh at them. So does the ''true satanists''.

Last edited by The Dimmu Monk : 2004-05-15 at 07:58. Reason: spelling

Old 2004-05-15, 11:41
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard Beast
Johnmansley; you sir are a SMEGHEAD!

Thank you! Someone who knows what I'm on about at last!

Anyway back to seriousness...

Religion, in my eyes, is a waste of time. I respect the fact that people have the right to believe whatever they want but the Old and New testaments are flawed beyond belief. I can't believe people actually believe that the Earth was created in 6 days and that it sits at the centre of the universe. Scientific proof exists to blow those two theological ideas out of the (holy) water.

I think there are many questions that people have to ask themselves when they consider the religion argument. The first, I would conjecture, is why does religion exist in the first place? Intuitively, the answer lies in the fact that people wanted to enforce a moral code to live by. This moral code was provided and then enforced by people with stories of living the afterlife in tranquility if they obeyed and eternal damnation if they strayed.

The next question follows naturally. What happens when we die? Religion helped to ease any fears of death among the law abiding citizens and frightened unlawful people into obeying the law. The truth is nobody will ever know until the moment that death occurs. There is and cannot ever be any physical proof of either Heaven or Hell but religion played on people's fears and coerced them to believe that it must be true.

A further question: what motivated people to become religious leaders? This is an easy one. Power and control over people. Following from this was the fact that they saw an oppotunity to exploit the people that they were preaching to, again trading off the fear of Divine reprisals.

What of the modern times? Science has disproved many of the stipulations of religion so the religious leaders are now changing tact. Many aspects of the Old and New Testaments are no longer considered to be 'literal' by the church and are now thought of to be metaphors.

This leads me to my final question: isn't a religion based on metaphors a mythology?

I like what Undying Hatred said vis-a-vie his belief that religion should be a private matter. The church is very against this vein of thought as there would obviously be no need for priests or places of worship, thus bringing an end to the lavish lifestyles that many bishops and cardinals enjoy (while many Christians around the world are living in abject poverty, may I add).

I have no problem with people who gain faith, confidence and the will to be good human beings from religion. In this sense religion is a good thing. This is the only way I can see religion surviving. There have been too many advances in science that have brought logic and reason and too many scandals within the Church that have spread disillusion amongst the masses.

Old 2004-05-15, 12:00
far_beyond_sane
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredIsNotDead
worshipping satan seems kind of stupid because if you don't believe in God then how much more realistic can Satan be???

This is a prime-cut example of why you guys don't see me around so much any more.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2004-05-15, 13:19
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

So... you mean there is no Satan? First Santa Claus and now Satan. Whats next, Star Trek isn't real either?

Old 2004-05-15, 13:22
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

Satan doesn't need to be the opposite of God.

that's all i have to say on this subject.

Old 2004-05-15, 13:50
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

but it is

Old 2004-05-15, 16:13
BOSE
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
I wasn't sure, but I heard that he was. It wouldn't shock me if he was. I do know for a fact that he is really into indian spiritualism. Is there such a thing as a liberal Mormon?

That would make them somthing other than mormon. They fear God's wrath and do everything in their power to be just like him, to please him.

Old 2004-05-15, 17:10
Blizzard Beast
Senior Metalhead

I am a Satanist and I am opposed to "God". I agree about the whole creation bit. It is not possible to create something like the Earth in 6 days. If you guys like to read I suggest reading The Devil's Apocrypha by John A DeVito. It gives an alternate version of what happened. It is also the cornerstone of the Church of the Fallen which I am a member of. Check it out you might like it.

Old 2004-05-15, 17:17
Blizzard Beast
Senior Metalhead

Pleasedon't think I am knocking anyone's opinion here. With that said I find it rather humorous that people refer to "God" or Satan as he. These are spiritual beings that can manifest as either gender. They also manifest in a manner of how you would see them. That was the one cool part in the Dreamcatcher movie. When Jonesy first saw the alien it appeared like the typical grey's we see in books. When they really looked like giant versions of the ass worms crawling around turning entrails to goo. Oh man my stomach hurts.

Old 2004-05-15, 18:31
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSE
That would make them somthing other than mormon. They fear God's wrath and do everything in their power to be just like him, to please him.

Thanks, I didn't know for sure, but now it's certain that he isn't Mormon. I know a Mormon back in school that wouldn't drink dark liquids or anything with caffeen, but he said they could drink alcohol. I wonder if they think God drinks alcohol.

Does anyone think that Satan drinks alcohol? If so, what alcohol does Satan like to drink the most?

Old 2004-05-15, 19:32
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

Quote:
I am a Satanist.

That make's you just as much as a loser as a christian or a buddhist or a kike.

Old 2004-05-15, 19:40
Blizzard Beast
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
That make's you just as much as a loser as a christian or a buddhist or a kike.

Ok I will abandon what I believe now that you think I am a loser. I had worked so hard too. Oh well.

Old 2004-05-16, 10:03
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Worshipping something or someone that cannot be proven to exist seems rather futile to me.

Old 2004-05-16, 10:24
Overmind
Senior Metalhead

It's insanity. It's a serious mental disorder. A mind plague. If an adult believed that Santa Claus was real and did some things in his name that Christians do, he would be labled insane.

Old 2004-05-16, 10:32
BeastOfCarrion
Pokémon Master

WHAT???? SANTA ISNT REAL!!!!!!!!??!!!!!

NOW MY LIFE IS MEANINIGLESS
(x.x) (> <)

Old 2004-05-16, 11:17
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Santa not real? So who was that strange guy in my bedroom on Christmas Eve? He said it would be our little secret...

Old 2004-05-16, 11:29
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
So... you mean there is no Satan? First Santa Claus and now Satan. Whats next, Star Trek isn't real either?

Oh my damn... it is true! Nothing is real!

Old 2004-05-16, 12:16
Mordor
Post-whore

All i have to say on the subject of religion is, that it was created by high society as a control mechanism over the poor.

Old 2004-05-16, 12:22
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:

and nothing is cool.

Old 2004-05-16, 12:51
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
and nothing is cool.

working is cool. especially if your retarded boss ask you to work weekends.

Old 2004-05-16, 16:10
CarnalAltar
Senior Metalhead

You guys are a fuckin hoot...

I especially like "songs about drinking coffee", "licking the windows on the short bus", and "Mr Shittles".... lol

Old 2004-05-16, 16:35
Corpsevomit98
Post-whore

Quote:
Worshipping something or someone that cannot be proven to exist seems rather futile to me.

Damn straight

Old 2004-05-16, 17:50
Transient
HES BAAACK

what the hell is this doing in the bands section

Old 2004-05-16, 21:01
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Religous people bother me. I am not a satanist but I'm more of a satanist than a religous person.

Old 2004-05-16, 23:49
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNIBALCORPSE
Religous people bother me. I am not a satanist but I'm more of a satanist than a religous person.

I thought a Satanist was a religous preson

Old 2004-05-17, 01:19
Overmind
Senior Metalhead

Quote:

Only death is real!

Old 2004-05-17, 01:50
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overmind
Only death is real!

AAAAHH! Stop it! Your scarin me

Old 2004-05-17, 17:43
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
what the hell is this doing in the bands section

It sort of started out on a band-ie sort of topic but it has mutated into a hideous beast that is marauding out of control. None-the-less, it's a hideous beast that's quite interesting.

Soulinsane: Yeah, a Satanist is a religious person. Strangely, some Satanists (mostly the ones who do it for image purposes) don't realise that being a Satanist implies that they believe in the existence of God.

Old 2004-05-17, 18:08
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

Quote:
I thought a Satanist was a religous preson

What I mean by "religous person" was Ned Flanders or The Family on 7th heaven. Lol.

Old 2004-05-17, 19:09
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Old 2004-05-17, 20:49
Drag the Waters
Senior Metalhead

..and this thread went from serious, to just plain stupid posts. CLOSE THIS SHIT!

Old 2004-05-17, 20:57
sonsstud
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsevomit98
My Brother is going to graduate June 6th 2006 06/06/06
I find that rather humerous

When I am with my mom I use a demon voice and scream "satan is my master" and she gives me wierd ass looks

Old 2004-05-17, 23:57
DameFraMorkum
Post-whore

Quote:
It sort of started out on a band-ie sort of topic but it has mutated into a hideous beast that is marauding out of control. None-the-less, it's a hideous beast that's quite interesting.

Soulinsane: Yeah, a Satanist is a religious person. Strangely, some Satanists (mostly the ones who do it for image purposes) don't realise that being a Satanist implies that they believe in the existence of God.

That is true, but I remember a few years back when I was going through my Satanism stage and I bought one of LaVey's books out of curiousity. He poses a completely different type of Satanism.

Old 2004-05-18, 00:27
Corpsevomit98
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsstud
When I am with my mom I use a demon voice and scream "satan is my master" and she gives me wierd ass looks

does that have anything to do with what i said?

Old 2004-05-18, 01:38
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

No but she is right. His teachings are mainstream Satanism at its worse. His church is mostly about money and control in a way that is submissive and agreeable to the public eye; it reeks of most christian church structure. I don't feel that the fundimentals of true Satanism support that kind of ordered behavior. I'm sorry if I have upset anyone, but the Satanic bible and all the Satanic commandments LeVay always refers to were completely writen by himself and not some divine demonic tomes writen on human skin in blood brought here from the deep of hell.

Perhaps it is a true evil in that it's all a lie that LeVay thought would please Satan or the Satan within himself, if he could trick the weak of mind into believing Satanism was OK Now that would be evil. Getting others to believe and dedicate their life to this shit only to find out that it was all a joke to take your soul, MWOHAHAHAAA! Isn't that Satan's way... to promise only lies?

Oh yah and I wish I could see your Mom's face when you scream " SATAN IS MY MASTER" haha I bet it makes her day. My Mom would have killed me in my sleep if I ever said that in a death metal voice.

And as for graduation on 6/6/06... thats kind of cool!

And no, I am not a Satanist or a Christian, I'm just me and I'm drunk right now I do however respect others religious beliefs, so again I'm sorry if I have upset anyone.

Old 2004-05-18, 03:21
MoonRaven
Lo, they do call to me...

fuckin newbies, what the fuck is this "influenced by the dark lord" bull shit. GET A FUCKIN LIFE.

Old 2004-05-18, 03:28
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Read and you will know what this thread is really about!

Old 2004-05-18, 03:42
MoonRaven
Lo, they do call to me...

i really could care less, i just saw the satan no satan bs, and the 9 posts, and i couldnt help myself, religion has no basis for my musical taste, i listen to "satanist" bands and "christian" bands, and non-religious bands, i dont think a bands religion should matter in a persons choice in music, but thats just me

Old 2004-05-18, 08:06
Stuff is Great
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNIBALCORPSE

Same thing really, you can't have one without the other now, can you?

Besides, the only known satanic band is Abba. Definitely fucking Abba...

...Jesus Christ, I really hate Abba...

...fucking Swedo satanists....

Oh God. Someone, please, shoot this thread in the face.

Old 2004-05-18, 16:59
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

---------thread

Old 2004-05-18, 21:03
Blizzard Beast
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
I'm sorry if I have upset anyone, but the Satanic bible and all the Satanic commandments LeVay always refers to were completely writen by himself and not some divine demonic tomes writen on human skin in blood brought here from the deep of hell.

No such books exist. All books were written by MAN! Even the Bible, the Satanic Bible, and the Book of Enoch. People are always in search of some sacred text written in heaven or hell that contains some kind of gay elfin power. Now these books could POSSIBLY been inspired from other-worldly influences. You never now.

Quote:
Isn't that Satan's way... to promise only lies?

Really? I will have to get my copy of the divine demonic tome written on human skin in blood brought here from the deep of hell. I guess that is how you know. I'll check Amazon. Ok enough of that. So if Satan promises only lies to get your soul into hell what next? Eternal suffering? Maybe. But then Satan would be acting as a tool for god. The book is contradicted again. I read a quote somwhere that really makes sense. "Satan is the best-friend the Church ever had.

Old 2004-05-18, 21:14
HELLBLASTER-666
Post-whore

Quote:
I read a quote somwhere that really makes sense. "Satan is the best-friend the Church ever had.

The funny thing is that this quote is
from LaVey's satanic bible

Old 2004-05-18, 21:37
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

You made a wonderful point there

Old 2004-05-18, 22:03
Transient
HES BAAACK

meh, everyone should just believe what they believe. and certainly no one shoudl be a satanist because their favorite bands are

Old 2004-05-18, 23:27
DameFraMorkum
Post-whore

Quote:
No but she is right. His teachings are mainstream Satanism at its worse. His church is mostly about money and control in a way that is submissive and agreeable to the public eye; it reeks of most christian church structure. I don't feel that the fundimentals of true Satanism support that kind of ordered behavior. I'm sorry if I have upset anyone, but the Satanic bible and all the Satanic commandments LeVay always refers to were completely writen by himself and not some divine demonic tomes writen on human skin in blood brought here from the deep of hell.

Perhaps it is a true evil in that it's all a lie that LeVay thought would please Satan or the Satan within himself, if he could trick the weak of mind into believing Satanism was OK Now that would be evil. Getting others to believe and dedicate their life to this shit only to find out that it was all a joke to take your soul, MWOHAHAHAAA! Isn't that Satan's way... to promise only lies?

Oh yah and I wish I could see your Mom's face when you scream " SATAN IS MY MASTER" haha I bet it makes her day. My Mom would have killed me in my sleep if I ever said that in a death metal voice.

And as for graduation on 6/6/06... thats kind of cool!

And no, I am not a Satanist or a Christian, I'm just me and I'm drunk right now I do however respect others religious beliefs, so again I'm sorry if I have upset anyone.

Satanism is ridiculous. Agreed.

Old 2004-05-19, 00:27
ShredIsNotDead
Post-whore

Being athiest is the best because you dont have to worry about all this shit

Old 2004-05-19, 03:51
BeastOfCarrion
Pokémon Master

this thread should go back to weather its a good influence for metal or not, rather than a theological debate

Old 2004-05-19, 14:16
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Yea but this is fun too! I think Satanic bands are funny!

Old 2004-05-19, 16:41
DameFraMorkum
Post-whore

There IS some good Satanic BM and DM. That doesn't mean it's not ridiculous.

Old 2004-05-19, 17:08
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastOfCarrion
this thread should go back to weather its a good influence for metal or not, rather than a theological debate

agreed.

it's a good influence in terms of lyrics. i like that type of stuff better than gore-type lyrics.

but it depends from the band. i really can't see Cannibal Corpse playing, let's say, a Marduk song. vice-versa also doesn't look good.

Old 2004-05-19, 17:54
Transient
HES BAAACK

i always get a chuckle when i see marduk's "fuck me jesus" album cover

Old 2004-05-19, 18:20
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Any one ever hear Slayer play Enda goda de veda ( spelling? ). I though that was funny shit because they made it sound all evil.

Old 2004-05-27, 04:50
harvester of sorrow
Metalhead

The Dark Lord...scary...I hope Frodo defeats him.

Old 2004-05-27, 05:01
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Old 2004-05-27, 12:25
Transient
HES BAAACK

isnt that on the soundtrack to the apocalypse

Old 2004-05-27, 23:20
G_urr_A
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
I wonder if they think God drinks alcohol.

To get stupid enough to create the world, he'd have to.

Old 2004-05-28, 00:59
Corpsevomit98
Post-whore

Satan influences BM, and nu-metal, other than that, there rarely is any other type of band who is influenced by satan.

Old 2004-05-28, 02:05
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
isnt that on the soundtrack to the apocalypse

Not sure. I haven't got it yet but I hope that it is because that song kicks ass in a funny way Ever heard it yourself?

Old 2004-05-28, 02:09
Transient
HES BAAACK

no, but i will look into it (roadrunner rhapsody music service is pretty good)

Old 2004-05-28, 02:58
Dystopia
Post-whore

Tab Requests section has 666 threads