MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 2007-12-05, 19:38
Casketcrusher Casketcrusher is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,280
Seymour Duncan Mayhem?

Hey has anyone tried out the new Seymour Duncan Two Tube Mayhem? It's supposed to give really good tube distortion with settings for thrash, death, doom ect ect
__________________
"I miss the days when it was acceptable to listen to everything."
-Chuck Schuldiner (R.I.P)

Truer words were never spoken.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2007-12-06, 11:30
the_bleeding's Avatar
the_bleeding the_bleeding is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,816
Send a message via MSN to the_bleeding
no, but now i want to.

I heard that theres problem with SD tube pedals a la you cant replace the tubes though =/
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahmers Fridge
In the US "fanny" is a word used to describe the ass or butt. Here in the UK "fanny" is a lady garden (vagina)
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2007-12-06, 14:08
Casketcrusher Casketcrusher is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
no, but now i want to.

I heard that theres problem with SD tube pedals a la you cant replace the tubes though =/


I don't think that's the case here tho. I was looking at the manual at the different settings and you can change tubes. It tells you to.
__________________
"I miss the days when it was acceptable to listen to everything."
-Chuck Schuldiner (R.I.P)

Truer words were never spoken.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2007-12-06, 15:01
the_bleeding's Avatar
the_bleeding the_bleeding is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,816
Send a message via MSN to the_bleeding
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casketcrusher
I don't think that's the case here tho. I was looking at the manual at the different settings and you can change tubes. It tells you to.

SWEET! you couldnt with their older tube peadls!

I WANT MOAR info on this pedal
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahmers Fridge
In the US "fanny" is a word used to describe the ass or butt. Here in the UK "fanny" is a lady garden (vagina)
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2007-12-06, 18:54
Soeru's Avatar
Soeru Soeru is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Land of Dust
Posts: 3,551
The duncan lavabox(the only other tube pedal I know about from SD) doesn't sound good to me, but then again it's geared for people who like fuzz/muff pi type ultra saturated sounds.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2007-12-07, 15:22
Casketcrusher Casketcrusher is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,280
http://www.seymourduncan.com/produc...fx04_twin_tube/

that's what I'm talking about.

Also has anyone heard anything about the new SD blackouts? or the Livewire metal pickups?
__________________
"I miss the days when it was acceptable to listen to everything."
-Chuck Schuldiner (R.I.P)

Truer words were never spoken.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2007-12-07, 17:37
Soeru's Avatar
Soeru Soeru is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Land of Dust
Posts: 3,551
Wow that pedal looks interesting. Couldn't find any demos of it on youtube but they're bound to pop up eventually.

I heard clips of the blackouts and they sound horrible. Fizzy nu metal sounding shite. I didn't even know Mick Thompson was endorsing them and that was the first thing that came to my mind.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane

(Did you know In Flames had a 2005 album called "Come Clarity"? How prophetic. I think they're trying to tell us all their sperm are dead.)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2007-12-07, 20:12
Casketcrusher Casketcrusher is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeru
Wow that pedal looks interesting. Couldn't find any demos of it on youtube but they're bound to pop up eventually.

I heard clips of the blackouts and they sound horrible. Fizzy nu metal sounding shite. I didn't even know Mick Thompson was endorsing them and that was the first thing that came to my mind.


I know Jack Owen uses them as well.
__________________
"I miss the days when it was acceptable to listen to everything."
-Chuck Schuldiner (R.I.P)

Truer words were never spoken.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2007-12-09, 14:07
the_bleeding's Avatar
the_bleeding the_bleeding is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,816
Send a message via MSN to the_bleeding
livewire metals are great actives for t3h br00talz. Dark funeral uses them and they have siiick tone. If i ever had a bcr warlock, it would get some livewire metals in them. If you decide to get one, just be prepared to never hear a clean tone ever again. They have the most output of any duncan apparently.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahmers Fridge
In the US "fanny" is a word used to describe the ass or butt. Here in the UK "fanny" is a lady garden (vagina)
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:01.


========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2009 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.