Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Tours & Concerts
User Name
Password

Old 2004-07-24, 12:40
But why is the rum gone ?

Send a message via MSN to Disincarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undying_Hatred
OOO OOO CAN WE EXPECT A FATHER/DAUGHTER DUET?!?!?!?!?!?

lmao

Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely

Quote:
Guitarists are just people who could Never make it as a Bassist

www.riversofgore.com

Join The Forum CUNT
Old 2004-07-24, 12:41
But why is the rum gone ?

Send a message via MSN to Disincarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by younguitarist
damn you posted this before me.

Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely

Quote:
Guitarists are just people who could Never make it as a Bassist

www.riversofgore.com

Join The Forum CUNT
Old 2004-07-29, 17:59
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disincarnate

All you do is smile.Why is that?

OZZFEST Review: PHILIP ANSELMO Enjoyed Sound Of His Own Voice More Than Sound Of His Band

Winda Benedetti of the Seattle Post-Intelligencer the Ozzfest 2004 traveling festival when it hit the White River Amphitheater Tuesday (July 27).

"In one of the more bizarre scenes from a day full of bizarre scenes, a man in a wheelchair actually surfed the roiling mosh pit as SLIPKNOT launched into the buzz-saw tune 'Heretic Anthem'," she wrote.

" 'I thought I'd seen it all but that's some serious (bleep) right there,' said SLIPKNOT screamer Corey Taylor.

"As it turns out, two of the poorer performances of the day actually took place on the main stage. Egomaniacal 'singer' Phil Anselmo (he of PANTERA fame) seemed to enjoy the sound of his own voice more than the sound of his rock. Backed by new band SUPERJOINT RITUAL, he couldn't seem to shut his yapper as he droned on about the state of hard-core music and the state of war.

" 'I know there's a bunch of cry babies about the war but if we weren't the ones who did it, nobody else would have,' he announced. Conservatives take note: This is the same wanker who went on to mouth the words 'White Power!' as he executed a few Hitler-esque hand gestures.

"Moving on. Despite their giant spikey boots and black and white face paint, Norwegian band DIMMU BORGIR didn't come off haunting so much as they did hilarious (as in tee-hee-hee!) One got the sense Tuesday that these boys wanted oh so badly to be taken seriously, and yet their dirgelike anthems pregnant with melodramatic church organ-style keyboards inspired little more than snickers and snoozes." Read more
Old 2004-07-29, 22:34
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Send a message via ICQ to BLS Send a message via AIM to BLS Send a message via Yahoo to BLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by younguitarist
All you do is smile.Why is that?

OZZFEST Review: PHILIP ANSELMO Enjoyed Sound Of His Own Voice More Than Sound Of His Band

Winda Benedetti of the Seattle Post-Intelligencer the Ozzfest 2004 traveling festival when it hit the White River Amphitheater Tuesday (July 27).

"In one of the more bizarre scenes from a day full of bizarre scenes, a man in a wheelchair actually surfed the roiling mosh pit as SLIPKNOT launched into the buzz-saw tune 'Heretic Anthem'," she wrote.

" 'I thought I'd seen it all but that's some serious (bleep) right there,' said SLIPKNOT screamer Corey Taylor.

"As it turns out, two of the poorer performances of the day actually took place on the main stage. Egomaniacal 'singer' Phil Anselmo (he of PANTERA fame) seemed to enjoy the sound of his own voice more than the sound of his rock. Backed by new band SUPERJOINT RITUAL, he couldn't seem to shut his yapper as he droned on about the state of hard-core music and the state of war.

" 'I know there's a bunch of cry babies about the war but if we weren't the ones who did it, nobody else would have,' he announced. Conservatives take note: This is the same wanker who went on to mouth the words 'White Power!' as he executed a few Hitler-esque hand gestures.

"Moving on. Despite their giant spikey boots and black and white face paint, Norwegian band DIMMU BORGIR didn't come off haunting so much as they did hilarious (as in tee-hee-hee!) One got the sense Tuesday that these boys wanted oh so badly to be taken seriously, and yet their dirgelike anthems pregnant with melodramatic church organ-style keyboards inspired little more than snickers and snoozes." Read more

Phil's a joke..... but i dont know if hes a bigger joke than Dimmue

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2004-08-01, 05:07
The Stings of Conscience

Send a message via AIM to Rapture
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
it is, Lacuna Coil is playing on the second stage foo

http://ozzfest.com/timages/page/media/WallofDeath.mov First time ive seen that on video... looks fucking awesome

dude the wall of death is so fuckin sick, i was in one at a Chimaira show, i ran straight on and took a few guys, then got my ass handed to me from behind. got a fuckin concussion. it was still fuckin sweet though. check this... the concussion made me leave before Slipknot went on. u guys may not like them, but im a fan. i wasnt too pissed though, Chimaira is 10 times better, i went to the show mainly for them
Old 2004-08-01, 05:13
Senior Metalhead

frankly i would have much rather had cradle and damageplan over SJR and Dimmu, cradle just gets an audience moving more, and well while i like the war thing from phil, thats about all i can stomach from him. SJR pretty much blows
Originally Posted by Righteous_Death
Black Sabbath are so good, so I wouldnt say anything to disrespect them.
Cunt face.

Rest in Peace Dime, thank you for changing my world on vulgar display of power, thank you for being my next step after sabbath, and thank you for inspiring me to pick up that guitar and learn some heavy fucking metal \m/ your memory will live on forever
Old 2004-08-01, 05:30
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Send a message via ICQ to BLS Send a message via AIM to BLS Send a message via Yahoo to BLS
Id takes Damageplan over SJR, but not Cradle of Filth over Dimmu, im interested to see how the pull the orchestra shit off, their better be a good sound guy.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2004-08-01, 09:31
Senior Metalhead

yeah really thats gonna make or break em. i don't know why its sort of a moot point since their both like the diet coke of black metal... but i guess this one just comes down more to personal pref. either way i'm not exactly complainin that i get to see em either
Originally Posted by Righteous_Death
Black Sabbath are so good, so I wouldnt say anything to disrespect them.
Cunt face.

Rest in Peace Dime, thank you for changing my world on vulgar display of power, thank you for being my next step after sabbath, and thank you for inspiring me to pick up that guitar and learn some heavy fucking metal \m/ your memory will live on forever
Old 2004-08-02, 17:03
Post-whore

PHILIP ANSELMO: SUPERJOINT RITUAL Is Not A Precursor To A PANTERA Reunion

In a brand-new interview with the East Valley Tribune, former PANTERA singer Philip Anselmo has once again reiterated that SUPERJOINT RITUAL is his priority.

"I just want people to realize that this is a (expletive) real band," he said. "I don't want them to think we're just going to disappear and be this precursor to a PANTERA reunion tour or something like that. It's not what Im doing at all. It's the furthest from my (bleeping) imagination."

Anselmo says that he feels PANTERA accomplished everything he could have hoped for.

"You've got to understand, our third record was No. 1 on the (expletive) Billboard Top 200," he said. "We had six platinum records. For God's sake, maybe I'm just not the type to be asking for that much, but I think we more than enough gave a lot of ourselves and we were always, always loyal to the (expletive) fan base."
Old 2004-08-05, 03:38
Post-whore

PHILIP ANSELMO: 'Eat Pussy Until Your Jaw Breaks

More bullshit about phil

Jason Bracelin of The Pitch reviewed the Ozzfest 2004 traveling festival when it hit Columbus, Ohio two weeks ago. An excerpt from his review follows:

"If you're standing there like a pussy, you are a fuckin' pussy," SUPERJOINT RITUAL's Philip Anselmo barked at the crowd of about 15,000 as the rest of the band members gritted their teeth and shook their dirty hair.

"Eat pussy until your jaw breaks," Anselmo instructed as he exited the stage, heading straight for his bus, where he now reclines.

Sitting in the back lounge, surrounded by a good fifty bottles of vitamins and health supplements, Anselmo knocks back one Beck's after another. He talks at 33 RPM, stretching syllables like wet taffy, his eyelids hanging so low you could blindfold the guy with dental floss. He often seems as if he has just awakened from a deep sleep. Probably because he was in midconversation.

"I was thinking so deeply, man," Anselmo says after his assistant kicks him in the foot to wake him up and continue the interview. "Can you repeat the question?"

Then he picks up his train of thought, and it's suddenly full speed ahead.

"I don't need to do this shit. I don't need to tour. I don't need to fuckin' do anything like this, man. I could fuckin' sail the world if I wanted to," he says. "But music is the most important thing in my life, and when music goes down the toilet, maybe I do, too, man." Read more
Old 2004-08-05, 04:15
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

I found a good rock to throw at him

Seems pretty aero-dynamic

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2004-08-15, 22:28
Post-whore

OZZFEST 2004 Review: PHILIP ANSELMO Should Shut Up And Sing

Gemma Tarlach of the Read more. Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reviewed the Ozzfest 2004 traveling festival when it hit East Troy, Wisconsin on Saturday (August 14). An excerpt from her review follows:

"Opening the main stage with his boogie-based biker metal BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, Zakk Wylde was one of several artists who dedicated a song to U.S. troops overseas.

" 'Without them, we wouldn't be able to hang out here,' Wylde said. SUPERJOINT RITUAL melded hard-core punk and heavy metal with tight and ferocious songs such as 'Personal Insult'. But too much of the band's half-hour time slot was wasted by front man Phil Anselmo, formerly of PANTERA, and his martyr-messiah rants.

" 'I cripple myself for the sake of heavy (string of expletives) metal,' Anselmo bellowed when taking a break from directly haranguing the thousands who sat with arms folded during his set.

"Memo to Phil: Shut up and sing.

"Representing the opposite end of the metal spectrum - and the country of Norway in these Metal Olympics black metal's DIMMU BORGIR braved bright afternoon sun in full scary-dude face paint for a half-hour set of swooning keyboards and grandiose songs such as 'Spellbound'.

"Theatrical Satan-centric metal wasn't everyone's cup of beer, so to speak, and many in the crowd used the time to peruse the T-shirt kiosks."Read more
Old 2004-08-22, 00:55
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Fuck... just got back.

The show fucking kicked major ass.

Throwdown - I missed most of their set, but i hear their cover of Roots Bloody Roots and one of thier own songs... not bad.

Magna Fi - i have NO idea why they were on ozzfest...

DevilDriver - Not bad at all, awesome tone and they got the crowd all pumped up.

God Forbid - Not bad, some good songs... i wasent really paying attention to them though

Unearth - HOLY SHIT, These guys were definetly the BEST second dtage act. Their excellent players, have alot of energy.. and did alot of cool tricks like solo behind the head, and one guy flipped his guitar around himself 3 times then jumped up onto the drum platform, caught the guitar as it came back to him, then jumped on the bass drum. Cool shit.

Everytime I die - Me and my friends got an EMO SUCKS chant started...

Lacuna Coil - Christina' voice was PERFECT and their tone was great. I really enjoyed watching them.

Bleeding Through - i had enough emo for the day so i bought a $5 water

Otep - Was too busy meeting Zakk Wylde

Atreyu - Awesome show! Their really cool guys too and after they played they just chilled out with the fans.

Darkest Hour - WOW! I wasent expecting such a good show from them, they have some great songs..

Lamb of God - the wall of death was fun

Hatebreed - Awesome pit, good sound.

Slipknot - i was too busy getting ready for BLS

-----

BLS - Zakk was drunk of his ass (whats new) but he still played everything PERFECT. And he played his Randy Rhodes RR replica.. cool shit

Superdope Ritual - We started a PANTERA chant that pissed him off... it made my day.

Dimmu Borgir - Ok, giving the fatc that they were playing in fucking daylight i was surprised. They had a good show, they pulled off all the songs flawless and god some good crowd response.

Slayer - ahh good old slayer, they didnt say ONE word... they didnt need to. The second they hit the stage their was bottles flying everywhere, then when the bottle rans out we started to throw grass (yes people ripped the fuck out of the lawn... i mean its all gone now) it was good fun with ALOT of crazy motherfuckers.

Judas Preist - ok i really did NOT want the dirt/grass throwing going on during prist because i wanted to watch them... and thankfully it stopped. Halford hit ALL the notes... it was fucking amazing. Glenn and KK played everything flawless and Glenn's solo was awesome. It was 75 minutes of pure bliss... when priest ended i was ready to go home.. then i forgot SABBATH WAS NEXT!

Sabbath - Ozzy was his happy old self, very energetic and roudy. Iommi was at the top of his game as were Bill and Geezer. They played for 75 minutes instead of the average 60 minutes... cause chicagos just that damn cool. I can now die happy for i have seen Priest and Sabbath live...

oh and sunburns suck... i have alot of irish in me and i DONT tan.. so my skin is BRIGHT red.. except for the spot where my wristban was.. thats bright white. Looks funny

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2004-08-22, 23:42
Post-whore

Its kinda funny because when ozzfest came to san antonio the people in the back (lawn) started throwing dirt clods at the people in the front.So there was this dirt war going on for about 30 mins.
Old 2004-08-23, 00:00
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

yeh thats what happened here, cause the lawn is in the back. But i was the last roq of the seats, so we just threw the shit back.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2004-08-23, 11:54
Senior Metalhead

I'm right there with you BLS. I liked the bands that you enjoyed pretty much. When Slipknot was getting ready to play, I headed to the lawn. And of course during Slayer, that dirt war was something else. Me, my cousin and his girlfriend and friend were there as well as two of my other friends and it was nuts!.
Overall, I think too that it was a great show and Ozzy with Sabbath was classic.
Old 2004-08-23, 12:31
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Send a message via MSN to johnmansley
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
Dimmu Borgir - Ok, giving the fatc that they were playing in fucking daylight i was surprised. They had a good show, they pulled off all the songs flawless and god some good crowd response.

Did you notice Tony Laureano (of Nile) playing drums?

Deadhead Roses - Zastruga
Old 2004-08-23, 16:16
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

YEH!! He was fucking amazing. Does he use triggers??? Cause god damn he was good.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2004-08-25, 07:05
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Send a message via MSN to johnmansley
Don't know if he uses triggers, but he's damn good - maybe not better, but as good as Flo in my opinion.

Deadhead Roses - Zastruga
Old 2004-08-25, 07:13
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

No, he doesn't. Not with Nile anyway.