MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Tours & Concerts
User Name
Password

Old 2004-02-29, 12:54
Senior Metalhead

I'll be at the House of Blues today (In Chicago) around 5:30 p.m. I'll be wearing my Exhumed shirt and all dressed in black. Heh...
In case you guys wanted to know.....
Old 2004-03-01, 11:53
Senior Metalhead

A good fuckin show last night. First time I saw Vile live. They did pretty good. Exhumed was fuckin great. I noticed they were using Ibanez guitars!.. Hypocrisy fuckin rocked the hell out of there!... I noticed Lars Szoke wasen't there playing the drums... I also met Paul and Jack Owen of Cannibal Corpse in person.. It's was pretty damn cool overall that night. Bought a new Hypocrisy tour of 2004 shirt. I was going to pick up Slaughter cult by Exhumed, but I'm waiting for it in a special mail order.
Old 2004-03-01, 14:58
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Send a message via ICQ to BLS Send a message via AIM to BLS Send a message via Yahoo to BLS
Vile was fuckin awesome, but they crowd was dead when they played, there wasent even half the people and noone in the pit would fuckin mosh. Exhumed fuckin sucked, the first two songs you couldnt hear the guitars worth shit, and after that it was just a random mix of noise... but i didnt expect much mroe from them. Hypocrisy was GREAT and they closed with "Chicago 47" (Their cheesy way of incorporating chicago into their song) And then Cannibal Corpse came on. They kicked ass of course and the pits where all over the place. Pits on the floor, then pits off the floor by the bar, it was fucked up shit. And when they said they where done the whole crowed went nuts so they play one more song dispite their tour manager bitching at them. I forgot the song though Overall a great show. And the House of Blues is a awesome venue. AND WHERE THE FUCK WAS THE MERCHANDISE BOOTH?? ALL I COULD FIND WAS HOUSE OF BLUES SHIT. And the show was sold out wasent it??

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Last edited by BLS : 2004-03-01 at 16:06.
Old 2004-03-01, 15:22
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

yeah i went to the same show

Vile: I wasn't really impressed. I didn't like the mp3s i dl'ed off their website, and i couldn't enjoy the live song 'cause I couldn't hear what the guitars were playing as is what happens when you don't know the song and the sound guy sucks. I could hear the drums very clearly. The drummer was good, he seemed strangely relaxed. They weren't getting a good response from the audience neither, the singer himself said, "its like crickets in here"
Well, some of the songs were okay.

Exhumed: The guitarists were all using Ibanezes, RG and S, with EMGs. The guitarist with the S, he had his shirt off and he was really skinny. They were okay, they had a nice stage presence. the main guy looked like he was out of some 80's hard rock band. Again, couldn't hear the guitars well.

Hypocrisy: I liked them, they were cool. I could hear their guitars and i was impressed, i'll check out their music sometime. One of the guitarist's sound got cut off during the first song.

Cannibal Corpse: They were great. They played a shorter set or something (they didn't play Sentenced to burn or They deserve to die):

shredded humans
puncture wound massacre
fucked with a knife
stripped raped and strangled
decency defied
vomit the soul
unleashing the bloodthirsty
pounded into dust
the cryptic stench
festering in the crypt
dormant bodys bursting
gallery of suicide
pit of zombies
the wretched spawn
staring through the eyes of the dead
devoured by vermin
a skull full of maggots
hammer smashed face

i didn't know 4 songs, but i enjoyed all the rest. Very tight performance.
I got a spot right behind the sound guy/mixing board, so i got to look at the setlist the whole time, lean against the wall (i was tired of standing), a good view of the band (no tall people in front of me), and watch the sound guy press the buttons.

George has a sense of humor that i liked, it's also neat how he "sang" the title of the song before they started playing it.

Here's the awesome one-liners he gave (i paraphrased em):
(Be warned, if you're going to the concert, this'll be a spoiler and it won't seem as cool when you hear him say it, 'cause he'll probably say it again)

"This next song is dedicated to all the ladies.......FUCKED WITH A KNIFE"
(and the ladies were all like, "yeeaahahha! \m/\m/ w00t!")

"The next song is pretty good...but the lyrics are very bad. very bad, especially for the women......STRIPPED RAPED AND FUCKING STRANGLED"

"We have a new album out, and if you haven't gotten it yet, I will hunt you down and I will kill you........ok not really, but i'll think about it. DECENCY DEFIED"

"For this next song, you guys gotta start a huge pit. but not an ordinary pit, a PIT OF ZOMBIES"

"Okay this is our last song" (audience groans) Jack Owen makes a crying face and rubs his knuckle into his eye "He we've been around 15 years, you can see us next time"

and then they played Hammer Smashed Face as the last song.

a few side notes:
there was surpisingly a lot of ladies there, and some of em were *cat call**whistle, whistle*"hubba hubba". there was almost more hotties than fatties and uggies, i was surprised.
a few cats were yelling out the names of songs that they wanted to hear, especially of pit of zombies (even after they just played the song), and "hammer smashed face". That was the last song, come on.....All you had to was log on to this website or cannibalcorpse.org, and check out the setlist beforehand, it's that easy
Old 2004-03-01, 15:25
MotörCat

Send a message via AIM to guitar_demon Send a message via MSN to guitar_demon
there gonna be a couple states away on fir. dont know if ill be able to go though dammit i fucking hope i can
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!
Old 2004-03-01, 16:10
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Send a message via ICQ to BLS Send a message via AIM to BLS Send a message via Yahoo to BLS
Yeh i saw this hot fuckin bitch in pink mmmmmm But their was too many goth bitched with there blakc eyeliner all over their face

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2004-03-01, 22:02
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
Pits on the floor, then pits off the floor by the bar, it was fucked up shit. And when they said they where done the whole crowed went nuts so they play one more song dispite their tour manager bitching at them. I forgot the song though Overall a great show. And the House of Blues is a awesome venue. AND WHERE THE FUCK WAS THE MERCHANDISE BOOTH?? ALL I COULD FIND WAS HOUSE OF BLUES SHIT. And the show was sold out wasent it??

Yeah the moshing by the bar was during hammer smashed face, right by the stairs, when i was trying to leave (i had a train to catch, i'm glad i heard all the songs [except for this last one he's talking about]), 'cause i was trying to avoid the moshing the whole time.

The merch booth was in the same hallway perpendicular to the restroom. so if you took the stairway up, took a left, and another left, went straight....you'd see the restroom's door, then took a right, you'd see a line of people buying merch.
They didn't have any merch that wouldn't attract attention to you; all shirts with the coverart on top of it....a naked woman giving birth to 2 demon-alien type things, one coming out of her snatch, the other a spot above her snatch. damn.

a few more interesting side notes, CC didn't use 7 string guitars, they were using detuned 6's the whole time, Jack Owen switching between 2 Brian Moore "Les Pauls".
Every time Alex had a bass solo, they cut the lights and had a small spotlight on him, that was sweet.

before Hypocrisy played, the sound guy was doing some checks, and we heard a little techno music for a second, and everybody was like, "what the???"

anybody see me? i think i was the only brown dude there.
Old 2004-03-02, 00:42
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

LOL yeh i remember the techno shit, he was doing it to make sure it would work for hypocrisy. And of course i missed the merchandise because i didnt go near the shitter I really like the House Of Blues. You could see the stage good, it had a small floor so their was guarenteed moshing. But it was lame how they didnt let anyone upstairs. I wanted to site cause my feet were fuckin killing me and in order to go updatirs you need a 21+ wristband WTF!?!?! Anywayz, Atif do you happen to have a beard???

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2004-03-02, 00:48
Post-whore

Send a message via Yahoo to metal=life
You must be new to concerts...

you ask someone for their wrist band and put it on you using a watch to hold it together....then give it back People in the crowd always share their bands. Then if they say "you don't look 21" say you lost your ID in the pit and you want a damn beer now.

------D---
------E---
------A---
---METAL
------H---

"One day we all will die, a cliched fact of life."
Pantera - I'm Broken
Old 2004-03-02, 10:07
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Send a message via MSN to johnmansley
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestialWarrior
I noticed Lars Szoke wasen't there playing the drums...

He left and they got the guy who used to drum for Immortal in as a replacement. I think his name's Horgh or something.

Deadhead Roses - Zastruga
Old 2004-03-02, 13:03
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
Anywayz, Atif do you happen to have a beard???

not really a beard, but thin stubble. i was sort of behind the sound guy during the whole concert, i leaned up against the booth during CC.
Old 2004-03-02, 16:15
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Oh i saw a brownie with a afghani beard and glasses near the bar

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2004-03-02, 18:43
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

he was probably mexican

and people call them afghani beards now???? damn, that sucks ass.
Old 2004-03-02, 18:55
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal=life
You must be new to concerts...

you ask someone for their wrist band and put it on you using a watch to hold it together....then give it back People in the crowd always share their bands. Then if they say "you don't look 21" say you lost your ID in the pit and you want a damn beer now.

I didnt want a beer i just wanted to fuckin sit lol. Not like it any different upstairs than it is downstairs.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2004-03-03, 01:21
Registered Sex Offender

Send a message via AIM to MyOwnSavior
I would like to see Exhumed and Vile. Exhumed is suppost to have a awesome stage show. Their bassist can vomit on command and the drummer spits fire and they whip out chainsaws and shit.

Oh atifman, the skinny guitarist is Mike I think.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

“I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'.” - Early Cuyler
Old 2004-03-03, 18:02
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Um nope Exhumed sucked... They where boring as fuck. The only good thing i noticed was that one of the guitarist was using a 5150. If they puke and shit theyed just be another shock rock band.... GWAR puts on a good show, shitty music but a good show

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2004-03-04, 12:02
Senior Metalhead

Atifman. I was standing right next to that tall dude at the bar during Hammer Smashed Face. I was wearing an all black Exhumed shirt and wearing my blue and black flannel around my waist...

Old 2004-03-04, 23:20
Registered Sex Offender

Send a message via AIM to MyOwnSavior
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS
Um nope Exhumed sucked... They where boring as fuck. The only good thing i noticed was that one of the guitarist was using a 5150. If they puke and shit theyed just be another shock rock band.... GWAR puts on a good show, shitty music but a good show

Wow I've heard many mixed opinions about Exhumed's live show,well if they do suck live I'll still like their music. I guess to me Exhumed is like GWAR but backwards. But if I did go, I'd just go to see Exhumed and Vile, Cannibal Corpse doesn't excited me that much any more.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

“I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'.” - Early Cuyler
Old 2004-03-05, 00:19
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestialWarrior
Atifman. I was standing right next to that tall dude at the bar during Hammer Smashed Face. I was wearing an all black Exhumed shirt and wearing my blue and black flannel around my waist...

no.....don't remember anybody like that. there was a lot of people there.
Old 2004-03-05, 01:25
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

I thought Exhumed sucked because i dont like them at all. Plus like i said the first 2-3 songs you couldnt hear the guitars at all. I was happy when it ended I still think Hypocrisy put on a great show. And vile shouldnt have opened they where ALOT better than exhumed in my opinion.

08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.