MOMENT OF TRUTH KICK SERIOUS ASS....
IT'S LIKE ANOTHER PANTERA SONG....

Old 2004-02-03, 21:51
Raagshinnah
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELETE79

exactly, nothing new here,which is why im not buying the album.
i just wasted 20 minutes of my life listening to the preview and im not impressed

Old 2004-02-04, 00:12
Poof Daddy
Senior Metalhead

jesus christ that sucks. Its like mixing pantera with mudvayne or something.

Old 2004-02-06, 16:35
atifman
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELETE79
OH SHIT...!!!
MOMENT OF TRUTH KICK SERIOUS ASS....

yeah, it's slow and it's got a nasty groove, solo is pretty creative too 'cause of the unexpected note choice

i didn't like the song "Breathing New Life", it doesn't flow, and not really that catchy.

the title track is okay, the main riff sounds similar to a riff by Dream Theater in "In The Name Of God"

i heard Pride, it sounded okay too, didn't listen to it all though

the song with Corey Taylor isn't that bad, it has good energy

i like Pat's voice.

Reborn is another mid tempo song, it was mediocre

i've heard like 6 tracks from that preview deal, and so far, i've yet to find a brutal riff, an amazing solo, or catchy vocals

Last edited by atifman : 2004-02-06 at 17:34.

Old 2004-02-06, 17:07
atifman
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

(btw merge this with the new found power: http://www.metaltabs.com/forum/show...ight=damageplan )

yeah this isn't that great, the only song that really caught my attention is "Crawl"

when i listen to bands, i try not comparing them to other bands on the first listen.....but this really sucks compared to Pantera. Reinventing the Steel was an album where you could listen to it all the way through without skipping tracks.....this album has a bunch of skippers....there are a few songs that i like on this album, but still.

lyrics aren't that spectacular either, you can tell that this album was a tad targeted towards the mainstream audience. the songs to seemed like they were about identity, believing in yourself, rising up, and crap like that....
to me, putting "Don't Judge me" (i think this was in Explode) in a song, totally means that it was targeted towards a teenager.

also, "if you think you're better than me, than you better wake up, 'cause you know it's a lie"
what? if i know it's a lie, why would i think the opposite? that doesn't make sense.

yeah i listened to most of the album by now, and i can say i'm disappointed.
they said that they were trying to put a modern touch on old school metal, and i think that was the problem, these riffs sound hackneyed. well they're varied in a way, in the sense, that they sound Pantera influenced but they're not riffs Pantera would play. still, the riffs suck, there's no brutal interludes like in "Uplift" and "I'll Cast a Shadow". i expected that much from Dime.
they said Phil was holding them back from branching out, but he was doing the right thing.

but the problem is, this album will be really successful 'cause of how radio friendly it is. i was hoping that this album and SJR's album would both do badly and Phil would realize his mistake and get back together with Dime and Vinnie, but that's not gonna happen.

Dime and Vinnie have disappointed their old Pantera fans, but they won't realize it 'cause their album will sell (to newer fans who probably don't even dig pantera).

i won't say that they sold out, 'cause at least the music has some passion in it instead of St. Wanker.

Last edited by atifman : 2004-02-06 at 17:33.

Old 2004-02-06, 22:14
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I don't like Pantera at all but I thought I would give this band a try. It sucked. And I mean really really sucked. It sounded really nu-metal.

The CD cover is way over done too; very corny.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2004-02-06, 22:45
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

check www.damageplan.net (fansite)

for a chat with the band and a live webcam broadcast with the band this sunday 6pm PST

Last edited by The Doctor : 2004-02-07 at 08:43.

Old 2004-02-06, 23:59
atifman
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

sweet, hopefully some people will go there and tell the band how much the album sucks

Old 2004-02-07, 05:45
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
I don't like Pantera at all but I thought I would give this band a try. It sucked. And I mean really really sucked. It sounded really nu-metal.

The CD cover is way over done too; very corny.

DONT LIKE PANTERA??? Damn i didnt know that was possible. But yeh damage plan isent too great. Its no Pantera but it isent supposed to be. I still rather hear Damage Plan on the radio than whatever kind alame shit they play now.

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-02-09, 06:56
KB_CANS
Senior Metalhead

Superjoint Ritual kicks its ass.....

phil must be smiling..

Old 2004-03-06, 18:01
P§ÝÇHÕ
Senior Metalhead

Damage Plan > the other Pantera spin-offs.

Phil Anselmo is a drug-fucked moron.

Case closed.

Old 2004-03-06, 18:42
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by P§ÝÇHÕ
Damage Plan > the other Pantera spin-offs.

Nah, you're OK, I think I'll skip it and keep listening to Down.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2004-03-06, 18:46
P§ÝÇHÕ
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
Nah, you're OK, I think I'll skip it and keep listening to Down.

Why did Down only have a few good songs on their album? That band was going places, and Anselmo, in his drug-induced stupidity, decided to fuck things up.

Old 2004-03-06, 18:56
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

all down's stuff's good imo, its the best spinnoff so far

Old 2004-03-06, 18:59
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
all down's stuff's good imo, its the best spinnoff so far

I'll second that.

Old 2004-03-07, 07:54
Father Death
Forum Reverend
Forum Leader

Arrow

Down is the only descent spin off, and the only reason its descent is cause of the Crowbar boys.

Old 2004-03-07, 21:48
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Yeah, but Jimmy Bower's pretty good too.

Old 2004-03-07, 23:32
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

What about crowbar? Rex produced the new album and plays bass for them i think

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2004-03-08, 01:46
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

I don't like Pantera either. I don't really want to check out Damageplan if they are similar.

Old 2004-03-08, 04:44
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Damage plan...crowbar...down....super joint.....these names make me think they are a bunch of drunken rednecks, who speak hic.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2004-03-08, 09:42
P§ÝÇHÕ
Senior Metalhead

They are, but they don't produce bad music.

Old 2004-03-09, 17:00
Comfortably_Numb
Senior Metalhead

None of the songs on the album really stuck out.
But when I listened to it drunk, it gave me the same "pantera rush" That i love about dime's playing.
I think it may grow on me.

Old 2004-03-16, 21:24
pure_0xygen
New Blood

Hahaha, i didnt buy it .. a mate gave it to me coz he didnt like it ... haha anybody want it? i dont haha its the biggest pile of poo ... least superjoint rule, and damageplan well they dont, nuff said! totaly let down! their bassist looks like robert trujillo too .... weirdo!

Old 2004-03-16, 21:53
Ten Ton Alien
Post-whore

i have mixed feelings on this one.

if you listen to it just, out of nowhere, it's actually pretty decent.

but if you listen to it while whispering to yourself "bah, Pantera were better" then this album wont sound nearly as good.

Old 2004-03-25, 06:05
Nitara

Thumbs down The only good one F___ You

Like the song F___ You but the rest lacked the why I like Pantera. I'm Out!

Old 2004-03-25, 10:28
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

you can say fuck here

Old 2004-03-25, 10:54
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

But you can't say cunt...

Old 2004-03-25, 17:25
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitara
Like the song F___ You but the rest lacked the why I like Pantera. I'm Out!

In the version i got, he doesnt evem say fuck. He just whispers it and screams YOUUUUUUUUU. Sounds pretty stupid. I'd have to say Pride is the only one i like from them.

Old 2004-03-26, 01:42
P§ÝÇHÕ
Senior Metalhead

Yeah, Pride's probably my favourite song on the album.

Old 2004-03-28, 08:13
KB_CANS
Senior Metalhead

well the forums over at damageplan is filled with nu-metal kiddies...so that says it all.

Old 2004-03-28, 12:17
P§ÝÇHÕ
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB_CANS
well the forums over at damageplan is filled with nu-metal kiddies...so that says it all.

Saying something as stupid as that tells me you're one moronic fucktard.

Old 2004-03-30, 06:44
m2fu
New Blood

analyse this.

Man, what can I say? I joined this forum just so I could say how wrong you guys are about the new Damage Plan album. It is one kick ass album and probably one of the best metal releases in the past two years (coming from this genre anyway). New Found Power and Soul Fly’s Prophecy are just amazing advances in metal from a bunch of industry veterans. St. Anger was a joke compared to this stuff, this is the real deal!

In NFP the vocals are hardcore and the drums, guitars and bass are loud as hell. What else could you ask for? THIS IS FUCKING METAL PEOPLE!
Zakk Wylde makes a guest appearance and you still whinge saying D.P aren’t as good as Pantera.

I don’t mean to put you guys down but I bet if dimebag were sitting next to you right now you would be worshipping his ass. So don’t let other people’s opinions affect your own. You are all are so used to criticising things you would never be capable of doing yourself that you remind me of cranky old men. I don’t even think people like you guys would recognise a great album when you hear one anymore. This is Dime and Vinnie at their very best. I have been lucky enough to witness Pantera twice in my lifetime and I can’t wait to see Damage live because there are some serious groovers on this offering. Just listen to “Wake Up” and then “Blunt Force Trauma” back to back just to see how much of a range this band has in their repertoire. It’s their first album and you people are already writing them off as lame.

There is a new future in metal. Damage plan are writing this future. This does not make them nu metal or lame but pioneers.
\m/

Old 2004-03-30, 07:18
BeastOfCarrion
Pokémon Master

if you are going to say nice things about Soulfly you could at least put their name right

AND we have every right to criticize, the second anyone becomes a public character, their actions are open to criticsm, we have EVERY right to say it shit and we hate it ... we DON'T HAVE to appreciate it for skill or whatever. Thats what happens when ypu are in an industry based on opinion
(x.x) (> <)
Somebody has decapitated an innocent rabbit, can Abbath solve this crime before more innocent bunnies are hurt?

Old 2004-03-30, 09:46
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

m2fu: I've got the utmost respect for musicians like Dime and Vinnie but that still doesn't hide the fact that Damage Plan are comparable to a thick, brown substance usually found in fields. You're right, I wouldn't tell Dime this if he were sitting next to me but I would ask him when or if the next Pantera record will be coming out. You're perfectly entitled to hold your own opinion, but don't get too uptight if other people don't agree with it.

PS: I heard Soulfly's new song (Prophecy) the other day and it's hardly an advancement in metal as it sounds the same as everything else that Max has written since '95. Don't get me wrong, I like listening to Soulfly occasionally but to describe them as advancing metal? No.

Old 2004-03-31, 02:38
m2fu
New Blood

woops

To BeastOfCarrion: trust u would pick apart one spelling mistake just because I pissed you off with my opinion. Btw u made a spelling mistake too...
I do agree with u when u says "we DON'T HAVE to appreciate it for skill or whatever". But you really should give this album a thorough listening too before you dis it like everyone else who hasn’t even bought a copy of the album, just leeched it off the net and based their opinion on that.

To johnmansley: Max experiments with world music and reggae on Prophecy and you’re telling me that’s not advancement in metal?

Meh
Anyway without further risking my reputation as an Internet wanker on this forum...
Every man to his own opinion. God bless freedom of speech.
\m/

Old 2004-04-01, 02:48
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2fu
To BeastOfCarrion: trust u would pick apart one spelling mistake just because I pissed you off with my opinion. Btw u made a spelling mistake too...
I do agree with u when u says "we DON'T HAVE to appreciate it for skill or whatever". But you really should give this album a thorough listening too before you dis it like everyone else who hasn’t even bought a copy of the album, just leeched it off the net and based their opinion on that.

To johnmansley: Max experiments with world music and reggae on Prophecy and you’re telling me that’s not advancement in metal?

Meh
Anyway without further risking my reputation as an Internet wanker on this forum...
Every man to his own opinion. God bless freedom of speech.
\m/

Go praise damageplan on their forum. Im sure you'll be loved there. I've listened to the whole album enough to know that it's nothing great compared to pantera. And im comparing it to them because thats what they should live up to. Dont go backwards like metallica.

Why the hell would you think buying the cd make it sound better then downloading it? If i paid money for that crap, i would hate it even more. Make sense? Yup.

Old 2004-04-01, 06:05
P§ÝÇHÕ
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarenvy
Go praise damageplan on their forum. Im sure you'll be loved there. I've listened to the whole album enough to know that it's nothing great compared to pantera. And im comparing it to them because thats what they should live up to. Dont go backwards like metallica.

I guess ignorance is bliss in your case.

Damage Plan is not Pantera and I'm glad it's not. It doesn't have to live up to Pantera. If you think like that, guess what? You're a fucking moron. That's not an opinion - that's a fact. DP never tried to be Pantera, they never said "We're going to be the next Pantera", they simply said that they'd try and carry from where the best Pantera came from - and I believe they're doing it right.

Old 2004-04-01, 08:10
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

your a moron for thinking i really care about your opinion

Old 2004-04-01, 08:39
BeastOfCarrion
Pokémon Master

i think this thread needs to be closed, or the pointless bickering needs to stop

yes, some poeple like it
no, others don't

can we have some better comments
(x.x) (> <)
Somebody has decapitated an innocent rabbit, can Abbath solve this crime before more innocent bunnies are hurt?

Old 2004-04-01, 13:45
P§ÝÇHÕ
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
your a moron for thinking i really care about your opinion

You're a moron because you don't know how to fucking spell.

Oh I read you're location. You must be 12 or 13 years old - my bad.

Old 2004-04-01, 20:46
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

Your a knowledgable wise man oh great Psycho. You know many wonderful things.

Old 2004-04-03, 05:48
P§ÝÇHÕ
Senior Metalhead

If that was sarcasm, I'm not impressed.

Old 2004-04-03, 11:24
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

"Oh I read you're location"

Haha, you fucked up.

Old 2004-04-04, 12:51
P§ÝÇHÕ
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist
"Oh I read you're location"

Haha, you fucked up.

I couldn't have been mocking him now, surely.

Idiot.

Old 2004-04-04, 13:06
Nihilist
Dog farts
Alumni Staff

I am deeply sorry, Mr. Internet Tough Guy.

Old 2004-04-05, 12:01
P§ÝÇHÕ
Senior Metalhead

I'm an egotistical fuck, not a tough guy.

Old 2004-04-06, 04:11
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

Your a WORTHLESS fuck Psych0 bitch.
You mock someone with the most retarded comments and are too stupid to notice. Nice try loser.

Old 2004-04-06, 07:19
P§ÝÇHÕ
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Your a WORTHLESS fuck Psych0 bitch.
You mock someone with the most retarded comments and are too stupid to notice. Nice try loser.

Poor diddums. Now now. There's no reason to be angry just because you know that I'm better than you.

Old 2004-04-06, 08:32
BeastOfCarrion
Pokémon Master

Where is the "Arguing on the internet" picture?
(x.x) (> <)

Old 2004-04-06, 15:16
P§ÝÇHÕ
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastOfCarrion
Where is the "Arguing on the internet" picture?

In the 'I am very fucking new to the internet', section along with Goatse, that screaming .gif with red eyes and the rest of the people who think they're cool when they post old shit like that.

Old 2004-04-20, 22:20
mazzone
New Blood

aight look, u guys who didnt hear the whole album are wrong

this album obviously has some really bad songs on here, but there are a few REALLY good songs...i bought it, then copied it with just the songs that i thought were good

1 save me
2 crawl
3 pride
4 soul bleed
5 moment of truth

and thats about it

also their new song w/ jerry cantrell is amazing....its called ashes

so 5/14 songs on here are good, which makes me think they might have a future, if they stop making bullshit songs like breathing new life and explode.............

Old 2004-04-21, 12:46
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:

That's exactly what I'm telling you. It's nothing new to experiment with other styles of music within the metal structure, vis-a-vie rap-metal. Look how that turned out.

I believe Bad Brains were mixing reggae and punk years ago so for Max to now incorporate reggae into metal is hardly innovative. World music and metal? Nile have been using the whole middle eastern thing for the past 10 years and indeed early Soulfly included tribal beats and world music when they first came out. So yes, I think that Max is not producing an advancement in metal, merely pedalling the same music that he's written ever since leaving Sep.

Old 2004-04-21, 12:52
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

cunts

Old 2004-04-21, 15:28
P§ÝÇHÕ
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
cunts

Congratulations. I don't know if you're more of an idiot to post that picture after everybody realised it wasn't funny, or if you're simply too stupid to understand that nobody cares.

Old 2004-04-21, 17:12
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

it still is.

now go stick a gun up your ass.

regards

Old 2004-04-21, 18:13
P§ÝÇHÕ
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
it still is.

now go stick a gun up your ass.

regards

You forgot to add "An idiotic dipshit", after your "regards", line.

Old 2004-04-21, 18:36
DELETE79
Britney Spear's Pimp
Alumni Staff

OK THAT'S ENOUGH.......

PSYCHO IF YOU WANT TO ENJOY YOUR STAY HERE GO READ THE 3 SIMPLE RULES AND
STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD IF ITSN'T RELATED TO DAMAGE PLAN (AND THIS GOOD FOR EVERYBODY).

I HAVE THE FUCKIN ALBUM
I'M A HUGE PANTERA FAN SO I'M A BIT DISSAPOINTED. I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE SO MUCH DIFFERENT. BUT THERE'S DEFINATELY SOME GOOD SONG ON IT.

WAKE UP
PRIDE
CRAWL
MOMENT OF TRUTH
BLUNT FORCE TRAUMA

Old 2004-04-21, 19:30
P§ÝÇHÕ
Senior Metalhead

I'M SORRY, I'VE BEEN ACTING LIKE AN IDIOT SINCE THE FIRST DAY I CAME HERE. I PROMISE THAT FROM NOW ON I'LL BE A GOOD BOY

LOVE YOU ALL

Last edited by DELETE79 : 2004-04-21 at 20:56.

Old 2004-04-24, 08:09
far_beyond_sane
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Quote:

In NFP the vocals are hardcore and the drums, guitars and bass are loud as hell. What else could you ask for? THIS IS FUCKING METAL PEOPLE!

I guess I could ask for it not to be terminally boring and musically mediocre.

10 word story - Listened to it. It was tepid. Put on Decapitated instead.

('Scuse me coming to this late after the pissing contest.)

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."