Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands
User Name
Password

Old 2002-07-31, 09:07
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally posted by Rooster
G.P. has bad taste in music, i believe. All the bands you just listed sound like the shit that comes out my ass-crack. Seriously, ALL of them blow goats. Type O- sucks all 'round, Dream Theatre- sweet solos is the ONLY thing they have, the riffs and vocals and everything else sucks, Iced Earth- barely even metal at all, Bal-Sagoth- sucks all 'round, Moonspell- sucks all 'round.

Doom Metal makes me wanna vomit like a bulemic girl, it's just plain stupid, it doesn't sound dark at all, it sounds like big gay nerds who are way too into vampires and satan and all that bullshit.

Thats why Opeth are sweet, 'cause they sound dark without sounding laughable

Still Life all the way!!!!!!

cmon dude, at least give better reasoning on your opinion besides just saying "it sucks"

also, none of the bands i listed are doom metal, so im assuming that you havent even heard half the bands i listed, you just say they suck.

"I guess it all works out in the end"
"Yeah, the REAR end."

-Beavis and Butt-head
Old 2002-07-31, 09:10
Post-whore

Quote:
Iced Earth- barely even metal at all,

oh my god, you have got to be kidding. Iced Earth is one of the most pure metal bands left.
explain why they are not metal please.........

"Yeah, the REAR end."

-Beavis and Butt-head
Old 2002-07-31, 11:32
Metalhead

ok, I love Iced Earth, Type O and Moonspell as well, but Opeth is still better.
it's good to get a discussion going at least, but let me found my opinion:

in my metal career (*grnf*) I have not yet come across a band that can integrate melody and agression into a coherent song. Opeth can. besides, they prove that you don't have to use your standard powerchords to make kickass music. besides, no one has a cool grunt like mikael akerfeldt.

iced earth is still a metalband, but let's not get started on who is more pure, because that never gets resolved.
Old 2002-07-31, 13:20
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally posted by Vortigern

iced earth is still a metalband, but let's not get started on who is more pure, because that never gets resolved.

by more pure i dont mean who is more "metal", i mean, many bands have fall into different genres:

in flames-melodic death metal
naplam death-grindcore
moonspell-goth metal

etc.

iced earth is like iron maiden, judas priest etc. back awhile ago, when there werent so many genres, those bands were just known as metal bands, or heavy metal bands. the term "heavy metal" is rarely used today. iced earth is like them, yet they do add their own innovation, with many acoustic parts, female voices etc. So to say IE is not metal is insane, they are like the old bands that are just plain metal. although by now with so many genres, all these bands fall somewhere.

"Yeah, the REAR end."

-Beavis and Butt-head
Old 2002-07-31, 14:10
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

Send a message via AIM to slayme_returns
take it outside.
Old 2002-07-31, 14:27
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Clad in Shadows Send a message via Yahoo to Clad in Shadows
dream theater sucks???? hahahaha!! they are one of the most skilled bands ever in my opinion. all of them are amazing on their instruments and together they make the coolest sounding and crazy technical stuff. you're an idiot to say they "suck"
Old 2002-07-31, 18:01
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally posted by Clad in Shadows
all of them are amazing on their instruments and together they make the coolest sounding music ...... "

That's arguable. Yes, they are very talented, but I dont dig their sound.

Fender0823: ok here's a good one.........
Fender0823: what if u could have all the babes u wanted in ur bed, but once a month u had to wear a shirt in public that said "I like my men in short shorts" would u do it
Fender0823: :-X god im scary
Fender0823: lol
Fender0823: this is what alcohol does to me.
Ulimnar: hell yeah i would, lol, that'd be hilarious
Fender0823: lmfao!!!!!!!
Fender0823: hahahahahahaha
Fender0823: can i put this in my sig on metaltabs
Fender0823: lololol
Ulimnar: but I'd also carry a gun for any homos that took it seriously

"Wally Leaves us officially" - Ulimnar: lol I think it'll work now...goodbye man
Ulimnar signed off at 10:09:37 PM.
Old 2002-07-31, 18:20
Metalhead

I used to be really into Opeth. I used to listen to them while I took psychadelic drugs and trip out on the complexity of things.

But, I soon got bored with opeth. I refuse to listen to blackwater park because I think it sucks. The only good albums in my opinion Opeth have are Orchid, Morningrise and My Arms Your Hearse. Why do I think this? Well, its obvious that Opeth stopped coming up with music before going into the studio after MAYH, or even perhaps before that album. The music sounds rushed and I dont like the themes of the later albums. Morningrise has the most emotion to me, but as I listen to it more the production starts to bother me, as does the guitar sound.
I saw Opeth live, they were pretty cool but I enjoy the energy of deathmetal more.
Old 2002-07-31, 20:36
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally posted by Atheist
I used to be really into Opeth. I used to listen to them while I took psychadelic drugs and trip out on the complexity of things.

But, I soon got bored with opeth. I refuse to listen to blackwater park because I think it sucks. The only good albums in my opinion Opeth have are Orchid, Morningrise and My Arms Your Hearse. Why do I think this? Well, its obvious that Opeth stopped coming up with music before going into the studio after MAYH, or even perhaps before that album. The music sounds rushed and I dont like the themes of the later albums. Morningrise has the most emotion to me, but as I listen to it more the production starts to bother me, as does the guitar sound.
I saw Opeth live, they were pretty cool but I enjoy the energy of deathmetal more.

Morningrise is ok, but Blackwater rules.

Fender0823: what if u could have all the babes u wanted in ur bed, but once a month u had to wear a shirt in public that said "I like my men in short shorts" would u do it

"Wally Leaves us officially" - Ulimnar: lol I think it'll work now...goodbye man
Old 2002-07-31, 20:46
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally posted by Atheist
But, I soon got bored with opeth. I refuse to listen to blackwater park because I think it sucks.

I have an opinion on this.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."
Old 2002-07-31, 21:22
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

Send a message via ICQ to walpurgis Send a message via AIM to walpurgis Send a message via MSN to walpurgis
Quote:
Originally posted by OpethRules

That's arguable. Yes, they are very talented, but I dont dig their sound.

I'm with ya bud, I don't like Dream Theater much at all. Silent Man is the exception, but the only one that I know of.

Now, topic related, Opeth's good, but honestly I thought they'd be better considering how highly they're usually talked about around here. Some of the stuff I really really like, but other songs are just "yep, a song"
Granted, there aren't any of their songs that I specifically don't like, but some of it just doesn't hit me as outstanding.

I never fucked a 10, but one night I fucked five 2's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
You really have no dignity. I would rather have sex with my fifty year old father.
Old 2002-08-02, 03:22
New Blood

Send a message via AIM to Rooster
i like starting stuff
Old 2002-08-02, 10:07
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

Send a message via ICQ to walpurgis Send a message via AIM to walpurgis Send a message via MSN to walpurgis
You mean being an idiot? Well, you're good at it.

Quote:
You really have no dignity. I would rather have sex with my fifty year old father.
Old 2002-08-02, 12:03
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally posted by walpurgis
You mean being an idiot? Well, you're good at it.

haha....and getting to ur post about not liking opeth for the most part...I reccomend u check out another band called "Demons and wizards" Maybe u will like them. They are a side project of Blind Guardian and Iced Earth.

Old 2002-08-04, 02:51
New Blood

Send a message via AIM to Rooster
walpurgis, i'm not an idiot, i just get sick when someone starts a thread about a band, with the intention to provoke positive conversation about that particular band and GP or some other asshole (even me sometimes) decides to respond negatively to the intentionally positive and productive thread. everyone was having fun talking about their fav opeth album and fav songs and why those are their particular favs and i'm about to respond with my fav opeth shit, with only constructive intentions in mind and GP has to post some bullshit about -whats all fuss about opeth?- -these bands are more talented- and then procedes to list bands that are far less talented than opeth, and i think "how 'bout you just start your own thread about these other bands instead of bothering the fans of another band and talkin shit about the band that everyone is talking positively about. so i got put out and frustrated, and just decided to throw out some random shit back, that doesn't make me an idiot, that just makes me impulsive and irrational.
and how come no one seems to be that into still life? that was the first opeth album i ever bought, and i didn't even know who opeth were at the time, i like the way the theme of the album is really accentuated, i didn't really find it that aperent in the other albums. MAYH didn't really seem to have a theme, neither did morningrise and that was the thing that first interested me, was that the album had a theme. i haven't heard BWP though and i may be mistaken about the lack of theme with the other albums.
Old 2002-08-12, 14:33
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Clad in Shadows Send a message via Yahoo to Clad in Shadows
ya Opeth is my dad
Old 2002-08-12, 14:37
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

Quote:
walpurgis, i'm not an idiot, i just get sick when someone starts a thread about a band, with the intention to provoke positive conversation about that particular band and GP or some other asshole (even me sometimes) decides to respond negatively to the intentionally positive and productive thread. everyone was having fun talking about their fav opeth album and fav songs and why those are their particular favs and i'm about to respond with my fav opeth shit, with only constructive intentions in mind and GP has to post some bullshit about -whats all fuss about opeth?- -these bands are more talented- and then procedes to list bands that are far less talented than opeth, and i think "how 'bout you just start your own thread about these other bands instead of bothering the fans of another band and talkin shit about the band that everyone is talking positively about. so i got put out and frustrated, and just decided to throw out some random shit back, that doesn't make me an idiot, that just makes me impulsive and irrational.
and how come no one seems to be that into still life? that was the first opeth album i ever bought, and i didn't even know who opeth were at the time, i like the way the theme of the album is really accentuated, i didn't really find it that aperent in the other albums. MAYH didn't really seem to have a theme, neither did morningrise and that was the thing that first interested me, was that the album had a theme. i haven't heard BWP though and i may be mistaken about the lack of theme with the other albums.

Two words: Holy Shit Dude.

That was directed at me but it's entirely too long. Someone please sum it up in twelve words or less and tell me what it meant.

Quote:
Old 2002-08-12, 20:46
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

Send a message via AIM to slayme_returns
I think Lenny and Carl sum this up best:

"What'd he say?"

"I don't know somethin about bein gay"
Old 2002-08-12, 21:14
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

12 words:

"I'm a dick, but it's ok, cause he was a dick first."
Old 2002-08-12, 21:42
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally posted by PST 88
12 words:

"I'm a dick, but it's ok, cause he was a dick first."

lol, nice summary.