MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands

Old 2003-11-26, 01:00
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Mastodon

If you like low tunned guitars with slow and powerful riffs that make your boules move that is assisted with an onslought of vocals that roar with extreme anger and passion, this is for you. I just got the new album "Remmision" last night and it kicks ass. Its pretty sludgey, agressive, and very powerful. I highly recommend it. Its also very melodic at points with emotion, and there is a great instrumental. I would suggest the songs "March of the Fire Ants" and "Ole' Nessie" for a good introduction to them.

Comments anyone?
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Darko : 2003-11-26 at 01:16.

Old 2003-11-26, 02:11
soulterashaun
Senior Metalhead

Definitly comments.
Mastodon kicks a lot of ass. I could've sworn I posted a thread about them before....maybe not....maybe it wasn't here....my memory's shit.

But yeah, Brann Dailor (drums) is unbelievable, and I dont even play drums. Him and Bill Kelliher used to be in Today Is The Day.

Did you get the Remission with the dvd? I need to get that and I wanted to know about its quality.
Remission is awesome, my favorites are Mother Puncher, March Of The Fire Ants, and Burning Man.
Their other album, Lifesblood I've heard is pretty killer too. I have Shadows That Move from that album on my computer, and it crushes.

I love playing their stuff, theres so much "groove" to it. I have a tab of theirs started for "March Of The Fire Ants", maybe I'll finish it and post it...

Old 2003-11-26, 02:32
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally posted by soulterashaun
Definitly comments.
Mastodon kicks a lot of ass. I could've sworn I posted a thread about them before....maybe not....maybe it wasn't here....my memory's shit.

But yeah, Brann Dailor (drums) is unbelievable, and I dont even play drums. Him and Bill Kelliher used to be in Today Is The Day.

Did you get the Remission with the dvd? I need to get that and I wanted to know about its quality.
Remission is awesome, my favorites are Mother Puncher, March Of The Fire Ants, and Burning Man.
Their other album, Lifesblood I've heard is pretty killer too. I have Shadows That Move from that album on my computer, and it crushes.

I love playing their stuff, theres so much "groove" to it. I have a tab of theirs started for "March Of The Fire Ants", maybe I'll finish it and post it...

Yeah, the reason I checked them out was because it had x-Today is the Day members. And the drumming is very diffrent which is great. I downloaded the album so I dont have the DVD. Im going to buy it when I go to the music store this weekend though, so if I do, I'll write if the DVDs anygood. And yes, please tab "March of the Fire Ants".
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2003-11-26, 18:05
shredder
Senior Metalhead

mastodon does kick ass, i got remission quite a while ago, it wasn't really what i expected but it was good.

Old 2003-12-06, 03:57
soulterashaun
Senior Metalhead

From theprp.com

March Of The Mastodons - wookubus
(2:46 PM MST 12/04/2003)
Mastodon's video for their track "March Of The Fire Ants" has made its way online and can be seen here.

here's the link
http://www.mtv.com/onair/mtv2/headb...all/index.jhtml

Old 2003-12-06, 08:40
Lord Arioch
Senior Metalhead

Well they're an okay band I guess.I'm not a big fan but they have some cool songs.
However they were awful live last time I saw them at the haunted show. (quite a while)
They'de better have progressed otherwise it would be tragic.

Old 2003-12-06, 09:56
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Thats my favorite Mastodon song..but the video sucks. I hate metal videos...I don't think I have ever seen one that intertained me or expressed the song better.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2003-12-07, 06:21
far_beyond_sane
You gamma-minus fucktards
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally posted by Darko
I hate metal videos...I don't think I have ever seen one that intertained me or expressed the song better.

Truth. They're nearly exclusively fucking rubbish. A few Pantera ones are good, and not many others besides.

Mastodon are pretty good. I got Remission when it originally came out... which was last year in Australia.

"It was some kind of evolutionary glitch, she figured; no different than the other unreasonable side effects of consciousness and emotion, like religion and rap music."

Old 2003-12-12, 00:26
BigOldNessie
Metalhead

Mastodon is very good. I saw them with High on Fire in Dallas, and was surprised that they could hold their own with Matt Pike and co. I like to play their stuff but most of it is in drop B and some in A. Just a hassle retuning my guitar all the time.

Old 2003-12-12, 02:14
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Yhe Mastodon is pretty badass i havent heard a whole lot of there stuff but what i heard i liked. Oh and i think Morbid Angel videos are pretty badass.

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Old 2003-12-14, 06:25
Clad in Shadows
Senior Metalhead

Mastodon is fucking awesome. I just picked up Remission earlier this week... such a great cd.. I REALLY like the free live dvd too.. i like their sound better on it, especially on Ol' Nessie, the intro sounds awesome live
You're walking like you're dead"

Old 2004-05-29, 22:01
Nothingface4TehWin
Senior Metalhead

Elephant Man is one of the only metal instrumentals that i can listen to over and over again
Somebody ate our dad, we will throw rocks at him from the sky, and put black ants in his air vents. You will make me so mad that I spurt out black semen into your mouth. I will use a megaphone to tell you I'm angry, then hit the air with a hammer, while standing on snakes. I call the grim reaper to cut open his head and eat his brain like in the film Hannibal, then cut his throat and stab his chest with scorpians.
Oh Kali
Oh Sekhmet
Oh Dagon.