MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2003-11-06, 18:21
tomb
New Blood

Arrow Yet another question about effects

I've been searching over the forums, but yet to find a thread that's similar to this, so I'll post it. Some smartass may find one and say cunt. I say ok.

So, I'm thinking about getting effects. Really, I don't know where to start. Because right now I only have an axe and amp. What should I get? What should I begin to buy? I play metal. Trash, black, death and heavy. As long as it's melodic.

I'm also a lead guitarists and a nice distortion tone while playing melodies is what I'm looking for. Hard, yet overwhelming and beautiful.

I have some oppinions myself, mainly a Boss MT (a number) - Metal Zone. A good choice?

Old 2003-11-06, 20:07
atifman
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

http://www.metaltabs.com/forum/show...highlight=pedal

look there, and find pedals that many people have

save up and get a good multi-effects processor

Old 2003-11-06, 20:42
BloodDripsBlack
New Blood

Id reccomend the BOSS MT-2.

Old 2003-11-06, 20:59
Freezer666

Quote:
Originally posted by atifman
http://www.metaltabs.com/forum/show...highlight=pedal

look there, and find pedals that many people have

save up and get a good multi-effects processor

you forgot to say cunt

Old 2003-11-06, 22:43
xdislexicx
TEH PWNZOR!!!1qa
Alumni Staff

Re: Yet another question about effects

Quote:
Originally posted by tomb
I've been searching over the forums, but yet to find a thread that's similar to this, so I'll post it. Some smartass may find one and say cunt. I say ok.

So, I'm thinking about getting effects. Really, I don't know where to start. Because right now I only have an axe and amp. What should I get? What should I begin to buy? I play metal. Trash, black, death and heavy. As long as it's melodic.

I'm also a lead guitarists and a nice distortion tone while playing melodies is what I'm looking for. Hard, yet overwhelming and beautiful.

I have some oppinions myself, mainly a Boss MT (a number) - Metal Zone. A good choice?

i would suggest a ibanez cf7 chorus/flanger, its an amazingly versitile and high quality pedal at a good price.

as far as distortion goes, i'd suggest getting a good amp that has the type of dist you want. but the metalzone isnt a bad pedal, the dod deathmetal and grunge pedals can both get pretty nasty, and the ibanez smashbox maybe?, i dunno, just go to a local store and try em out to see what you like.

multi effect pedals are usually crap compared to stompboxes.

Old 2003-11-07, 07:54
Leevious Shingebis
New Blood

Hey Buddy
I've got the Metal Zone, the DOD Death Metal pedal, and the Marshall Jackhammer. The Zone is by far the most versatile. I've also got two ART effects racks. I got them on Ebay a while ago for a steal too. The SGE Mach II is an excellent rack mount multi effect unit (the distortion is kind of weak though... but you can use your amp distortion or a pedal for that). The racks are outdated by todays standards, but for an economical rack unit, with a tonne of effects and room to store your own (and you can combine twelve at one time), you can't go wrong. I think I paid about 75 bucks for the Mach II with the footswitch, both in the box and in mint shape. Just look around a bit. Especially if you want something to just tinker around with.