MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 2003-10-21, 19:34
Post-whore

Dumbshit is the term used I believe.
Old 2003-10-21, 19:38
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
corroded_soul: does anyone here believe in the concept of parallel universe?

They think they can prove this. Two objects, obviously, can't be in the same place at the same time, however, they've found that two atoms can. 'Proof' of the existence of parallel universes is in the multiple simultaneous usage of one atom. Yay for science.

Also, about the time thing: Haven't any of you heard of the theory of relativity? It's kind of a biggie, look it up.

Unfortunately the quest for truth is useless. There's no such thing as objective truth, what you believe is exactly that. If you're looking for answers, jump in front of a bus. (No, I'm not trying to be hilarious or witty, I mean what I say.)
Old 2003-10-21, 19:47
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
soulterashaun: NO ONE KNOWS for sure...but I have no set beliefs......Anyone got a term for that?

Depends how strongly you feel on a Belief-O-Meter of 1 to 5 (5 being rabid fanaticism), you would be:
1. Agnostic
2. Skeptical
3. Neutral (do not use this if trying to avoid arguments)
4. Nihlistic
5. A Neo-Anarchistic Nihlist Shithead

There's nothing wrong with beleiving nothing. Don't let peole walk all over you because they need some skyhook off which to hang their values & fears. But don't be a fucker about it coz pretty much everyone's valid in an argument with no right answer....trust me, it hurts....
Old 2003-10-21, 20:32
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
Quote:
Originally posted by powersofterror
To be technical, the earth is 4.55 billion years old, plus or minus 1%. 2003 is just how humans started to realize a concept of..."what time is is it?"

I just read a theory somewhere about time, roughly, it said:
Time doesn't exist, meaning everything is in the same 'time'. So, here I am, here, and here you are, exactly in the same spot...here. So I guess, if this theory is right, then a time machine would not work. Because we are here in time, and so the three words past, present, and future, are false.

Most physics are actually theories, none of them are proven. So, bleh...

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong and double wrong! LIke Stuff is Great said, the theory of relativity! and Unfortunatly my computer is down and im posting this from school but I will bring my quantum physics book that proves this tottaly wrong and as interesting as it is, its a fallacy. Ill ahve it sometime tommrow probably.

And as for physics, pretty much everything in physics is proven. Thats why we have the laws of physics. Now quantom physics dose tend to have more theories then laws.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey

Last edited by Darko : 2003-10-21 at 20:35.
Old 2003-10-21, 21:03
Post-whore

Send a message via Yahoo to metal=life
I think I got some case of ESP...

I was hungover taking a piss in my toilet with a ciggarette in my ear. I thought "what if my ciggarette falls out of my ear and goes down the toilet, that'd suck". And sure enough, I flushed and as the water was doing down that hole, my last ciggarette falls in with it. This happened this morning.

After school, I left to go to the store and left the door opened a little. I thought "what if my cat presses on the screen door and gets out"? As I was 1/2 way down my street, my cat runs up next to me. The weirdest thing is that my cat is scared to death of outside and when the door opens, he ALWAYS runs into another room. This time he opened it and ran out.

So I guess theres a such thing as ESP but I don't know

------D---
------E---
------A---
---METAL
------H---

"One day we all will die, a cliched fact of life."
Pantera - I'm Broken
Old 2003-10-21, 21:25
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

probably just coincidence with your cat.
and for the ciggie thing, you probably subconciously wanted to believe that you have ESP and weren't as careful or something to keep that ciggie on your ear.

and for a second, when you first said that you had a ciggie in your ear, i had a mental pic of a dude with a lit cigarette sticking out of his ear (like IN the ear) and taking a wiz. and thinking "man, if my ciggie falls out, that would suck"
hehe
Old 2003-10-21, 21:31
Post-whore

I knew someone was gonna think that haha

I know its not ESP but I think theres a such thing/a way to control it. You ever get that feeling where you say "I KNEW THAT WAS GONNA HAPPEN"! Whether its getting in trouble and being caught or something else. Theres probobly symptoms that go on in your body that make you think that and certain symptoms that go on when you end up right. I don't friggin know so I'm gonna go trip to Bob MArley in my room...starting to see traces

------D---
------E---
------A---
---METAL
------H---

Pantera - I'm Broken
Old 2003-10-21, 22:07
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally posted by Darko
Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong and double wrong! LIke Stuff is Great said, the theory of relativity! and Unfortunatly my computer is down and im posting this from school but I will bring my quantum physics book that proves this tottaly wrong and as interesting as it is, its a fallacy. Ill ahve it sometime tommrow probably.

And as for physics, pretty much everything in physics is proven. Thats why we have the laws of physics. Now quantom physics dose tend to have more theories then laws.

First of all, I just read it off a site...this is what the Greek Aristotle thought a looooong time ago. I just felt like posting it. And....you did just say....THEORY of relativity....THEORIES ARE NOT PROVEN. ATOMS ARE BASED ON THEORIES. READ THAT IN YOUR BOOK, BETTER YET, ASK YOUR TEACHER. They just happen to sound cool, so most of us believe it it fact. Stuff is Great, you even said yourself there is no such thing as objective truth. If any didn't catch what that meant, buildings and actions are objective, and ideas are subjective. Yet I'm starting to see a flaw(catch me if I'm wrong), but a truth, after becoming an idea, it would be objective, wouldn't it? Because it now exists outside the mind

Laws of physics, those are things like Newton's laws...stay in motion unless acted upon by an...., and so on. We're not talking about laws here.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Last edited by powersofterror : 2003-10-21 at 22:16.
Old 2003-10-21, 22:12
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Theory of relativity is a law and atoms are real. We can see them.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Old 2003-10-21, 22:18
Forum Leader

Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
Old 2003-10-21, 22:19
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally posted by Stuff is Great

Unfortunately the quest for truth is useless. There's no such thing as objective truth, what you believe is exactly that. If you're looking for answers, jump in front of a bus. (No, I'm not trying to be hilarious or witty, I mean what I say.)

Incorrect my philosophical friend. This idea (which skepticism is based upon on) was coined by Protagaras. But untill good ol' Socrates came along, this popular conversation proves it to be wrong.

Protagaras: Truth is relative, it only matter of opinion.
Socrates: You mean truth is meer subjective opinion?
Protagaras: Exactly, what is true for you is true for you, and what is true for me is true for me. Truth is subjective
Socrates: Do really mean that? That my opinion is true by virute of it bieng my opinion?
Protagaras: Indeed I do.
Socrates: My opinion is; truth is absolute, not opinion, and that you Mr. Protagaras are absolutly in error. Since this is my opinon, then you must grant that it is true according to your philosophy.
Protagaras: You are quite correct Socrates.

Basically saying, that if truth is subjectivness, then you have to accept the other persons opinion as true, making it a fallacy. I love analitical philosophy.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey

Last edited by Darko : 2003-10-21 at 22:26.
Old 2003-10-21, 22:25
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I forgot to add this a day or two ago. It is an argument that I coined while writing an english paper about being against the idea that "Live is a dream or illusion." Dreams are something that is not real or something false that isn't really happining. If say, in your dream, you realize that you are living in a dream, cannot be true when the dream your living isn't true. In other words, how can truth be construed through false information?

If im wrong or you have ideas on this, I'd be more then happy to discuss this.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey

Last edited by Darko : 2003-10-21 at 22:28.
Old 2003-10-21, 22:33
Forum Leader

Why not just think purely of the definition of objective and subjective.

Buildings and actions are objective, and ideas are subjective. A truth, after becoming an idea, it would be objective, wouldn't it? Because it now exists outside the mind. And like Darko said, things inside the mind are subjective. There is a such thing as objective truth. And that is truth.

This is my band's page
Old 2003-10-21, 22:42
Post-whore

Man you guys are smart. I don't even get that indepth. I'm trying to learn a lot more about this subject and this is helping a lot. Its like a guitar dual, you keep fighting back with interesting factss like a guitar player does with scales and arps. Wow i'm tripping.

*stands up*

whooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

------D---
------E---
------A---
---METAL
------H---

Pantera - I'm Broken
Old 2003-10-21, 22:45
Forum Leader

And god damnit, how I love it.
'cept you're making me feel like a teacher...meh, I knew I'd be teaching one day...music, not science...Watch...sooner or later, I'll start eating by myself.
Speaking of food and lonliness, I must meet someone new in the cafeteria.

This is my band's page

Last edited by powersofterror : 2003-10-21 at 22:47.
Old 2003-10-21, 23:16
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally posted by metal=life
Man you guys are smart. I don't even get that indepth. I'm trying to learn a lot more about this subject and this is helping a lot. Its like a guitar dual, you keep fighting back with interesting factss like a guitar player does with scales and arps.

Hahaha. I've really only recently gotten into philosophy. I suggest a book called "the Ideas of Great Philosophers." Great book that got me into it.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Old 2003-10-21, 23:30
Forum Leader

I've been into it since, oh, say 4 or 5 years. But since the start of this year, I've gotten real indepth. Now I don't have to research everything before I post. I pretty much know it already. And Darko, I don't know how your high school does it(you are in it right?), but you won't learn nearly as much in science class, as you do in this thread alone. I know I haven't. Even the physics book I had in high school left nothing to the imagination or of "fun" science. It was all gibberish and garbage. Mark My Words, internet.

This is my band's page
Old 2003-10-22, 00:11
Post-whore

man i think i'm in a lucid dream. I started tripping an hour ago and I had my mind set on coming on to metaltabs to post. I'm in my bed right now sleeping but meditating and strengthening my chakras (all 7). Then I came to the forum but i'm still sleeping. I pulled myself out of my body and moved into the computer room so now i'm here. Shit I don't even know if this post is real.

------D---
------E---
------A---
---METAL
------H---

Pantera - I'm Broken
Old 2003-10-22, 00:52
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
And Darko, I don't know how your high school does it(you are in it right?), but you won't learn nearly as much in science class, as you do in this thread alone. I know I haven't. Even the physics book I had in high school left nothing to the imagination or of "fun" science. It was all gibberish and garbage. Mark My Words, internet.

No way. Text books conatin the basic knowledge for that subject. I also do not rely on the internet for information retaning to science (unless its a certified site). But as far as enjoying science goes, I take more pleasure in free-lance studing of science (mainly physics/Quantum).

Metal=life: Wrong thread buddy. What are you on?
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Old 2003-10-22, 01:09
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to corroded
Quote:
Laws of physics, those are things like Newton's laws...stay in motion unless acted upon by an...., and so on. We're not talking about laws here.

dude...theory of relativity has at points even proved those laws wrong