MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Bass Zone
User Name
Password

Old 2002-05-23, 12:00
Post-whore

Send a message via ICQ to MetalPoldi
We had a competition in Germany from Warwick and a magazine called "Gitarre und Bass". You could design your own bass. The winner gets this one, built from Warwick and Warwick will make a series out it. Now thereīs a winner, unfortunately not me. I just found this pic of it. Itīs the green-blue one.

http://www.gitarreundbass.de/magazine/index.htm Go at "magazine"-> "back" -> 05/02 -> and roll down.

Just a BTW-post.
Old 2002-05-23, 12:33
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

haha cool, so you can speak dutch, that's good man, that's good.

you seem like a really nice person, I mean, lots of people don't treat people from other countries nice, and your right about foreigners, and many people don't like germany because of the war. I think this is stupid, it's not your fault that some silly fucker wanted to conquer europe. Maybe some people did like it back then in Germany but the biggest part didn't I guess.
and moreover, what the fuck have you got to do with it? you weren't even born back then. I don't think people should disrespect people from other countries this way, it's stupid
but I'll make an exception for the French guys (eheh)

īs Hertogenbosch (Den Bosch) and īs Gravenhaage (Den Haag)

HAHAH MAN!
I can't even pronounce those words right!
's Hertogenbosch and 's Gravenhaage are uhm like the old names of those cities, that's really Old-Skool!! hehe

I know Germans have a bit of a weird accent but not many Germans know Dutch, last year I went on holiday and met two girls from Germany, which where really cute haha, their dad drank all day long and was very kind to me and Setdown.

WOW man that warwick bass is cute!!
haha I want it bad!
most of the time I don't like their model shape but this one is really beautifull!
how much will it cost? (probably to much for me..)

If you're going to visit bassmatters in Nimwegen please give me a sign, maybe I can go there also, I wanted to check the new stuff out a while. and I have finally finished my exams. I can go there by train. maybe we can have a jam session
ohyeah if you're in that shop you'll be amazed, those guys had private lessons when Gary Willis was there, they had a lot of famous bass-guest, like flea and so on...
I hope they'll have another cool workshop soon.
Old 2002-05-24, 10:55
Post-whore

Youīre right about the German-History.
Although we have still enough of those right-winged people!!!

That would be cool, to play with you.
A German and a Netherlands (fuck how are you called? Germany - a German; The Netherlands - ?) doing a bass jam in a NL (same problem: Netherlandish?? ) bass-store, where people like Flea and Gary Willis (do you know tribal tech?) played. Man, thatīs fucking crazy.

That store has really to be awesome!!!

They had a test in this magazine, but they said nothing about the price. Itīs not in regular production, but it will. Iīm sure it will cost much. Itīs Warwick.
It will have: "4-stripes" maple-neck (the maple on the top of many Les Pauls. Donīt know the name) with 26 (!!!) frets; Ebony-fretboard Itīs a neck-trough-body. The body is made out of mahagony with "cloud-maple-top"; Active MEC J-Humbucker neck PU and a MEC Double-J Humbucker in the bridge position; active MEC 2-Band-EQ, which can be put out with a poti. Chrome Hardware, Gotoh-tuners; Warwick-bridge-combination; normal ???, so no Schaller security locks .
You will find some other suggestions for the dreambass http://www.gitarreundbass.de But donīt ask me where!!!. There are some ridiculous ones.

Hey *Def-Fx*, the bass zone is ours!!!

Last edited by MetalPoldi : 2002-05-24 at 11:13.
Old 2002-05-24, 12:46
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

haha yes we are the rules of this forum now

uhm it is pronounced, Dutch = niederlandisch.
ein niederlander = a dutchman.

that's it.

Yeah I know tribal tech, fucking asome playing..

hmm that warwick does look nice to me, but I like that 3-d Bridge idea with schallers better (good call there man)
I don't know about the headstock, the standard warwick headstock looks like a turd on a stick hehe
Oh man I think I don't know what bass I will buy anymore. I'm confused, I tried a BTB a while ago and it left an impression on me. Instead of the stingray it was new, had 24 frets onstead of 21 it had a beautifull wooden finish, it was a BTB515. It was absolutely fabulous.

look at the attachment below, it's also a BTB, nice finish on this one... Maybe I'll go Ibanez, I don't know. I like the neck of the BTB a lot. the sound of the stingray but the electronics on the BTB and the finish of the BTB is cute. the stingray is a cultthingy but I don't care about that I just want what's right.
Old 2002-05-25, 08:46
Post-whore

DUTCH!!!
Man, iīm dumb!!! How could i forget this.
Lame child-story besides:
When i was young (about 8-9 years) i thought dutch means german, because it was spelled quite the same. So iīve choosen all the time Dutch in games and not german.
This BTB looks cool. I like the finish where you can see the wood of the top more than full colored or transculent colored tops. Anyhow it seems to be more serious for me, than a red or purple bass.
If you cannot decide between Stingray and BTB, then look for other basses. I like those little bass brands. Perhaps you can get there a bass with the pros of each bass (stingray and BTB) and for less money than to get a custom shop of these two models. It seems that you have some money, because you could afford a BTB Prestige or a Stingray. Perhaps you can afford such a modell, too. Brands like BassCollection or Boerjes (Iīve read a review of a 6-string. Must be a breat bass).
Old 2002-05-25, 13:24
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Boerjes seems nice to me but so is "akkerman" and "brummsen" 2 dutch bass builders, but I don't think they've got a site, saw those basses at some kinda show, they looked really tight...

hm I don't know, I still need to try the BTB prestige again, it pretty much rules I think, but the stingray still is nice. the BTB has a better chance of winning at this moment due to it's 18v electonics and it's neck+body shape.
I don't know, just gonna try a whole lotta shit out I guess.

haha cool child stories hehe
maybe you where a dutchman in your past life
Old 2002-05-27, 10:49
Post-whore

I think it will last years till youīve decided to buy a Stingray or BTB!

I was "THE FLYING DUTCHMAN"!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2002-05-27, 12:20
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Yeah it's gonna take me a shitload of time, that's why I decided to give the SR 3005 a try

Heheh, you'll hear soon what I think about it.

ohyeah, the flying dutchman, those dutch guys are crazy with planes dikes and bridges, we love to place them all over the country, as you may have noticed on our landmap hehe
Old 2002-05-27, 15:43
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally posted by *Def-Fx*
that's why I decided to give the SR 3005 a try

Oh!!! And another bass already!!!

And next week on "metaltabs.com" in the "four string bass or five?"-series:

which other bass could *Def-Fx* choose???
A Fender or a Warwick???
Weīll see. Next week.

I know. It is fucking hard to choose a bass, because there are so many and all of them are different and have other pros.

I know that the Dutchmen are Ocean-killers!!!
Old 2002-05-28, 13:02
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

haha yeah but I also kill trendhoppers

I just got email, this guy wants to sell his 1,5 years old SR3005 for 800 euro, that's really cheap
new it was about 1700 euro's or something, but this one even has a case to go with it.

hmm that leaves me with a lot of money to buy more effects (check my nickname and you'll get the idea)

I want a boss compressor/sustainer and a limiter/enhancer and maybe a flanger or wah, and ofcourse the famous ODB3 bass overdrive
!!$!!

I don't know about multi effects like the GT6b yet, I don't know if they sound like computers but hey I've got lots of money reserve so I can just go out and buy a boss stage board with EBS and Boss pedals
Old 2002-05-28, 13:25
Post-whore

I heard a lot of times, that EBS-effects kick ass!!!
But i didnīt try one.

So, "effectator" are there Midi-pick ups for basses? The rolands for guitar get better, so there have to be such PUs.

BTW, me, the minimalist in sounds , played last friday with a zoom multi-effect board for bass. My teacher owns one. I have to say, itīs was not so bad this time. Man!!! Slapping with a bit of distortion, reverb and flange makes your slapping sound faster, brider (?). Itīwas really awesome!!!
Old 2002-05-29, 12:52
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

hmm Yeah well, I don't like the Zoom effect stuff for bass, but what pedal did het have? the 506I, 506II , 507 or the BFX 708?

those are the most sold models from Zoom, but they are all plastic pieces of crap that turn your sound into mud (like I said I am the effect master I tried them all)

The EBS effects are REALLY good even compared to Boss, Boss makes the most heavy duty pedals of them all but the EBS pedal equal their strenght but sound a bit better due to their noise-suppression system.

Roland makes Midi-pickups for 4,5 and 6 string Basses, it's the BK2 (of GK2 or something) pickup, same kinda thingy like the guitar version but then for bass, It operates thru the V-bass, roland's huge midi effects system.
it doesn't look expensive (the V-bass) but it has great sound and midi makes things possible you could only dream of. (if you like playing organ on your bass that is haha)
I think analog effects are the shit together with the new COSM boss pedals (gt-6b) but I think I'm gonna stick to analog after all because of their true-bypass and their sound characteristics.
Old 2002-05-30, 04:44
Post-whore

Donīt ask me wich model it was. It was orange and black.
Yes, anolog effects are better. Digital isnīt my sound. Some of those effects sound sterile.
Old 2002-05-30, 14:12
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

hm yeah, than it must have been a bfx/gfx series.
I don't like digital effect either but the COSM effect on digital board do sound good, I need to check them out.

and yes, I am a gear-junkie
Old 2002-06-09, 09:14
Post-whore

Hey *Def-Fx*!!!
Iīve read you are going to buy this Ibanez-bass. How much will you spend for it? And are you sure to buy this one?
What about sound-files from you? Even little ones (because of your modem). I want to know how it sounds, when "he effectator"plays on this bass.
Old 2002-06-09, 09:31
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

YEAAAAH!!!

I just got back from Gent Belgium where I bought my new bass..

dude I will post pics here next week..

it's a SR3005..

but not JUST an SR3005 prestige, NOOOO it's a factory custom made SR!!!

it's really cool, it has 2 EMG type soapbars, made by bartolini.
it has a 5 piece neck and it has it's own custom serial number on the headstock! well ain't that nice!!

I bought it for 800 euro's, for a second hand bass, kinda expensive but this bass is expensive if you buy it new, normal sr3005's go for 1600 euro.
this is a custom... I don't know about the price, but probably a little higher.
It's kinda like the SR3005 like it's sold now, but it has copper coloured hardware, mono-rail bridge, and super Gotoh machine heads... (diffrent the the "stock" SR's)
the rest is kinda the same expect for the body, it has a stripe in a diffrent colour of wood running through the middle, really cool..
I'll post photo's next week.

and about the sound files, I will record them as soon as I've bought my compressor and bass flanger next week.. so uh, about 2 weeks? I hope to loop it through my tube amp, the sound will RULE!
Old 2002-06-09, 10:22
Post-whore

Ass-Fucking-Hole, you!!!!
Man, that has to be a great deal!!!!
Iīm looking forward to your music!!!!
Old 2002-06-11, 10:39
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

dude, I mailed Serlui Music Import in the netherlands (Ibanez importer for the BeNeLux)

because I didn't know the exact specs of my bass, they had a surprise for me.. a big one.

guess what, the serial number is on the front logo on the headstock, it sez 50733..

they told me the digit is : 5 (strings) **** (four digits, indicates number)
sooo, uhm 0733 is number 733..

Ibanez made 1000 of these basses, 1 stands in the Ibanez Music Hall in Japan (they collect their own prestige instruments)
the other 999 where made for sale, okay, about 25% went to Europe and 50% to America, the rest went to the rest of the world,

sooo, guess what, about 250 basses for Europe, Serlui told me they managed to lay hand on 16 of those basses.
mine is probably one of those 16, I bought it second hand in belgium so there's a good chance that the guy bought it in a store that Serlui supplied to....

I got one outta 250 of those basses dude

I bought it for 800 euro's. that's not a bad deal for a normal prestige SR 3005 BUT, the limited editions where completely hand made and they feature better hardware, they where 1000 guilders more expensive than the normal prestiges...

a new prestige cost 3500 guilders, 2 years ago , the limited must have costed about 4500 guilders, that's like uhm 2000 euro, maybe a bit more...

conclusion I made a great deal!!

they also sended me a pic of the 4 string limited which I didn't know about (cuz they aren't listed in catalogs etc...)

check it out... , ohyeah specs.

Custom Bartolini/Ibanez pu's
Gotoh 410 super machine heads
Mono Rail Prestige Bridge
3 piece mahogany/bubinga body
5 piece neck
custom fretboard inlay
3d formed rear bodywork (it has a dent for my belly haha)

check the photo, I'll post a few of my 5 string soon...
Old 2002-06-11, 14:36
Post-whore

Fuck, why does my life donīt go on so luckily!!!!

And now put some Sailor-moon-stickers on it.

The body lokks such cool!!! I love these wooden bodies!!!
Bartolini pick-ups are great, same goes with the machine heads!!!
I canīt say anything about wood, but it has to be great!!!
Why did this guy sell it for this price?
Old 2002-06-12, 04:50
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

beats me, he put it for sale on the internet as a normal SR3005, so then 800 euro's would be a pretty good deal, kinda half of the Normal sr3005 price...

this guy probably just didn't know it was a limited (it just looks a bit diffrent with the 3 piece body and the copper hardware..) I don't know, but this bass is much more expensive as a normal one, it's a collectors item!

man I had a LOT of luck with this bass, I won't sell it in my lifetime, there's only one number 50733 in this world!!!