Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands

Old 2003-06-10, 14:14
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

New Pantera album!

its official now, new album on the way! BUT: its gonna be a 'Best of' album

this i got from their site:

6/8/03 - Rhino Records will be releasing a Pantera greatest hits record. The record is called The Best Of Pantera: Far Beyond The Great Southern Cowboys Vulgar Hits. The record will be instores on Sept. 9, 2003. Here is the tracklisting:

1. Cowboys From Hell
2. Cemetery Gates
3. Walk
4. Mouth For War
5. This Love
6. I'm Broken
7. Becoming
8. 5 Minutes Alone
9. Planet Caravan
10. Drag The Waters
11. Where You Come From
12. Cat Scratch Fever
13. I'll Cast A Shadow
14. Goddamn Electric
15. Revolution Is My Name
16. Hole In The Sky

tracklisti is good, i only miss yesterday dont mean shit and psyco holiday.

Old 2003-06-10, 14:35
slayme_returns
BUY OUR FIRST RELEASE $5
Alumni Staff

The first, but not the last nail in Pantera's coffin.

Soon to follow will be the next live album, then perhaps a collection of rare tracks. The band is done, and this is now proof.

The labels gotta milk that cash cow now.

Old 2003-06-10, 17:35
OpethRules
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally posted by slayme_returns
The first, but not the last nail in Pantera's coffin.

Soon to follow will be the next live album, then perhaps a collection of rare tracks. The band is done, and this is now proof.

The labels gotta milk that cash cow now.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Is this the end of Pantera?

Quite possibly......

Fender0823: ok here's a good one.........
Fender0823: what if u could have all the babes u wanted in ur bed, but once a month u had to wear a shirt in public that said "I like my men in short shorts" would u do it
Fender0823: :-X god im scary
Fender0823: lol
Fender0823: this is what alcohol does to me.
Ulimnar: hell yeah i would, lol, that'd be hilarious
Fender0823: lmfao!!!!!!!
Fender0823: hahahahahahaha
Fender0823: can i put this in my sig on metaltabs
Fender0823: lololol
Ulimnar: but I'd also carry a gun for any homos that took it seriously

"Wally Leaves us officially" - Ulimnar: lol I think it'll work now...goodbye man
Ulimnar signed off at 10:09:37 PM.

Old 2003-06-10, 18:00
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Fuck

I love this band, I hope they re-unite or something.

I'll buy this album anyway.

Old 2003-06-10, 18:04
DELETE79
Britney Spear's Pimp
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by OpethRules
Couldn't have put it better myself. Is this the end of Pantera?

Quite possibly......

yep... the beginning of the end...
i'll probably get the live album if they release another one
but that "best of" is a real joke. i don't lke the tracks list at all
maybe 6 songs belong there. i mean get the 3 covered song out of
there!!!!!!!!!! Cat scratch fever WOW that's a good PanterA song
i wonder if it's Rhino record or Pantera who choose the songs....probably rhino

Damn i'm so pissed off by this shit

lets put our hope in the NFP thing...

Old 2003-06-10, 19:02
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

That title is way too long. 'Far Beyond the Great Southern Cowboys Vulgar Hits?' What the fuck was the thinking behind that? Why is it every time a Pantera compilation comes out they have to put together all the titles ('3 Vulgar Videos from Hell' being the other example)? And why not 'Reinventing Far Beyond the Great Southern Cowboys Vulgar Hits?'

But tell me, seriously: would this happen with another band? Would a Slayer's greatest hits record be called 'South of the Divine Reign of the Diabulous who Hates Us All's Chapel in the Abyss Hits Await'? I think it would not. So why the clumsy, heavyhanded Pantera title? Bah, fuckers.

Old 2003-06-11, 01:38
deMANUfacture
Supreme Metalhead

i am actually pretty dissapointed to hear about this album.....i would rather still just keep convincing myself that there will be a new album followed by a world tour.....and that name is fucked aggghh fuck it

Old 2003-06-11, 01:40
Agent-Orange
Post-whore

I'm not to disapointed that pantera are breaking up, i want here what direction Dime and Vinnie are taking with there new band.

Old 2003-07-30, 14:37
DELETE79
Britney Spear's Pimp
Alumni Staff

PANTERA: 'Best Of' CD To Include Bonus DVD - July 29, 2003

PANTERA's forthcoming career overview, "The Best of Pantera: Far Beyond the Great Southern Cowboys' Vulgar Hits!" , will surface on September 23 through Elektra/Rhino Records, Billboard.com reports.

The 16-song "Vulgar Hits!" CD will be packaged with a bonus DVD boasting 12 videos, including two live performances. The bulk of the material is culled from the band's six major-label releases, but also included are non-album cuts "Cat Scratch Fever" (a cover of the TED NUGENT song that originally appeared on the Polygram soundtrack to "Detroit Rock City") and the BLACK SABBATH cover "Hole in the Sky", previously available only on import.

The complete track listing for "The Best of Pantera" is as follows:

01. Cowboys From Hell
02. Cemetary Gates
03. Mouth for War
04. Walk
05. This Love
06. I'm Broken
07. Becoming
08. 5 Minutes Alone
09. Planet Caravan
10. Drag the Waters
11. Where You Came From (Live)
12. Cat Scratch Fever
13. Revolution Is My Name
14. I'll Cast a Shadow
15. Goddamn Electric
16. Hole in the Sky

Bonus DVD:

01. Cowboys From Hell
02. Psycho Holiday
03. Cemetary Gates
04. Mouth For War
05. This Love
06. Walk
07. 5 Minutes Alone
08. I'm Broken
09. Drag the Waters
10. Domination (Live)
11. Primal Concrete Sledge (Live)
12. Revolution Is My Name

UHMMMM... AFTER ALL I MIGHT GET IT BUT ONLY FOR THE DVD

Old 2003-07-30, 15:33
FearFrost
The Mountie From Hell

I hate to be the who still thinks Pantera are comming back, but in the latest news with Judas Priest, and the whole Rob Halford comming back lies a good example. It was 12 years ago that Halford left and people thought that Priest was dead and so on, but I think if we wait 6-8 years or so we will have Pantera back and kicking some serious ass... Just give it time.

Old 2003-07-30, 20:15
artofnothing6
Supreme Metalhead

ok, 4 things to cover.

1: Pantera is over for now, but phil is even saying, its just not where his head is right now. Right now he wants superjoint, he was down, not pantera. BUT, he did say that in a couple years (he said 5) so like FearFrost said, there is still a chance

2: This cd sucks, the dvd sucks, anyone who buys a greatest hits and has all the songs, is merely stupid, unless the greatest hits includes a shitload of good shit like pictures, facts, stories, etc (think beatles and pink floyd greatest hits)

3: Its good that Pantera left when they did, better to leave on a good note, then a bad one.

4: the DVD is pointless, the 2 performances are prolly both from the moscow performance in russia, which is on the Vulgar Videos From Hell. All those music videos are on the VVFH DVD, Except for the Revolution Is My Name, but oh wow, 1 extra music video.

Conclusion, the CD and DVD is pointless, the first attempt to drain some more money out of pantera's life being, and already pathetic. Sad.

Old 2003-08-01, 20:26
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

i think with the DVD it'll be pretty cool. More pantera images!!

i reallyreallyreally buy it man.

Old 2003-08-02, 18:52
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally posted by PST 88
'South of the Divine Reign of the Diabulous who Hates Us All's Chapel in the Abyss Hits Await'?

now that would be hilariously pathetic.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Old 2003-08-07, 00:15
Powerkraut5000
New Blood

its sad to watch pantera be treated like thisyou want a greates hits album buy far beyond driven thats all you need and screw the record lable trying to sqeeze the last dime out of the great southern metalheads

Old 2003-08-07, 21:58
panterafan
New Blood

I'm not happy with the Pantera break-up, but to be honest, I really want a NFP album more than a Pantera album. I think Dimebag and Vinnie, with less screaming would sound even better. We'll see.

Does anyone know when New Found Power album is coming out?

Old 2003-08-07, 22:09
FearFrost
The Mountie From Hell

Well I have a little news on the whole Pantera breakup thing, just go out and get the new Revolver mag. Phill trash talks Dime and shit like that. It seams that theres more to this whole thing then what we know.

Old 2003-08-09, 08:18
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

PANTERA frontman Philip Anselmo has revealed that he is no longer on speaking terms with the group's guitarist Dimebag Darrell — the result of a "falling out" that the singer says he is not sure "what the hell it's about."

Speaking to Revolver magazine for its September 2003 issue, Anselmo — who is currently focusing all of his attention on SUPERJOINT RITUAL — said that he doesn't expect his PANTERA bandmates to wait around on him before pursuing other projects of their own.

"They're doing it [already]," Anselmo told the magazine, referring to Darrel and PANTERA drummer Vinnie Paul's new project, provisionally called NEW FOUND POWER. "They're gonna name it something else [other than PANTERA], but they're doing it, and best of luck to them. I have no bad feelings toward those guys at all."

Asked if he thinks the other guys harbor any resentment toward him, Anselmo replied, "Sure. Absolutely. They won't talk to me. I speak to Vinnie maybe once every blue moon. But I think Dimebag and I have had a falling out that's going to be a little tough to reconcile. I'm not even sure what the hell it's about."

When questioned if the disagreement between him and Dimebag is of a musical or personal nature, Philip said, "Both. He's got a lot of resentment in his heart, and I don't really know where it's coming from. I'm not sure he's mad at me at all, you know? He's got a lot of personal issues in his life that he has to face, and once he does, I really, truly hope he becomes a better person — the beautiful person that I came to know and love."

With regards to whether doing another PANTERA record is where his head is at right now, Anselmo said, "No, it's not. It's not the right time. One thing you've gotta understand is, with PANTERA I've always been the one to question things. I've always been the one to say, 'Are you sure you wanna do this?' 'Are you sure this is right?' And they listen to me, they hear me out. And by no means am I saying that I'm the brains behind the entire thing. But I am saying that when it comes to music, due to my knowledge and very natural connection to what the underground scene is, I had to enlighten them several times over. Without me, it'll be real interesting to hear what they come up with."

Asked if he is interested in hearing the final product once it's completed, Philip said, "I'll listen to it when it comes out. And sure, it's gonna sound like PANTERA in a bunch of spots musically. And I'm also sure they've got a singer who — if it's Dimebag Darrell's dream — is gonna be a cross between Philip Anselmo and a guy who can hit, like, Rob Halford-style extreme high notes and shit. That's just a wild guess. But as for me being interested in it, what I'm really interested in is SUPERJOINT RITUAL. That's what interests me right now."

Maybe Phil should shave his head, see that CFH tattoo and realize where the hell he came from and how he got where he is today! And what i dont get.... Phil gets all bitchy when Dime and Vinnie make a cd to kill there time, but phil's in 2 other bands!! Seriously Phils pissing me off, i could care less about that shitbag anymore. Superjoint's pure shit, and downs only good for so long. No way im giving that asshole another penny unless its with pantera.

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.

Last edited by BLS : 2003-08-09 at 08:20.

Old 2003-08-10, 22:03
ChileanMetal
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally posted by artofnothing6
ok, 4 things to cover.

, the 2 performances are prolly both from the moscow performance in russia, .

Could they be from moscow and not from russia?

Old 2003-08-10, 23:32
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally posted by BLS
Maybe Phil should shave his head, see that CFH tattoo and realize where the hell he came from and how he got where he is today

that.............was beautyfull.

that seriously almost made me goddamn cry

Old 2003-08-13, 12:08
nightrider06
Senior Metalhead

pantera were destined for death years ago, bout time they got the bullet

Old 2003-08-14, 04:22
BLS
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Angry

^^^^ Ignorance ^^^^

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott