MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone

Old 2013-08-29, 19:26
Dystopia
Post-whore

Liege of Inveracity

So I have a confession to make, I've been trying to master this fuckin song since I was 16, probably younger. I'm 23 now damn it. Anyways, let us devote this thread to talking about that specific song, whether it be the drums, guitar, or whatever.

Not sure if this should be music or bullshit category, but...

Which tab do you guys think is more accurate, for those able to play both (I up to the solo part with a mixture of both of Chris and John's tabs).

How many people here actually can play that song? Or even attempted learning it?

What do you guys think about Frank Mullen possibly leaving/pretty damn busy and Mike Smith leaving? They have Terrance Hobbs left, not to discredit the other members, because... they're pretty damn good.

You better not even think about asking what band I'm talking about. Yes, you!

Old 2013-09-03, 14:47
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

I used to play my version way back when I first tabbed it but I hardly practise these days so it would take a good few weeks of non-stop trying to nail it again.

In terms of which tab is the best, I think the correct version - or at least a 90% correct version - could be found by drawing on different parts from the two versions. I know for certain that Chris' intro should be used instead of mine.

"Liege.." was an absolute bitch to tab by the way!

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2013-09-04, 01:27
Dystopia
Post-whore

Aye, and I thank ye both. On that note, are there any Suffocation songs that are NOT a bitch to tab?

Old 2013-09-07, 01:28
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Human Waste was pretty easy. Synthetically Revived couldn't have been too hard for whoever did that, either.

I don't know if I ever tried to play this John's way. At this point, I can't play this song anymore, anyway. I've really been slacking on the guitar the past few years.

Old 2013-09-13, 10:58
Dystopia
Post-whore

I think we've all had our "breaks," some often lasting a year, or 2 or 5.

I've been practicing daily, lately. Just about got 'Prelude to the Apocalypse," DecrepitBirth, almost down.

Here is a list of contributing factors to the increase in guitar playing:
1) No job... Well, when I'm on the computer looking for a job, filling out apps, I sometimes pick up the guitar, play a few riffs, look up a couple metal tabs.. That's why having no job and the more guitar playing and yeah.
2) No girlfriend. (ever.) jk
3) No TV. No movies. Just internet and Skyrim as of now. When I was younger, the two main hobbies were videogames and musical instruments, and I'm not sure but maybe the videogames and the guitar fuel each other, or co-relate?