User Name
Password

Old 2012-09-04, 07:06
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
My GF isn't a metalhead, I'd hate that but she loves herself some old school thrash and black metal now and then.
And god I'm still listening to your compilations. The first one is soooooo awesome

I consider this a huge compliment, man. Thanks.
Old 2012-09-04, 11:05
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to DameFraMorkum Send a message via MSN to DameFraMorkum
Chiming in with more props for that list. I appreciate anyone's taste who includes Laaz Rockit. Nothing$ $acred is the album that really got me to love and appreciate thrash metal. I'm so impressed with the intricacy of their songs and riffs. It's baffling to me that they're not more well-known because they left such an awesome thrash legacy.
Old 2012-09-04, 18:33
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

I'd say they're fairly well known among the so-called "second tier" thrash bands of the day, especially among those who enjoy the Bay Area sound, but I do appreciate your greater point. It took me a while to get into them, actually; I tried when I was still a teenager, but the first two albums did nothing for me. At the time it left me with a very Motley Crue-ish impression... I wasn't even sure how they got labeled thrash.

Finally about 4 or 5 years ago I gave Nothing$ $acred a spin and I was like, "hey, this IS thrash. Good thrash, too." Then I listened to Annihilation Principle and Know Your Enemy and fell in love. After a while I even gave the first two albums another chance and they weren't as bad as I remembered. For some reason I never listened to anything after Nothing$ $acred, though. Could be great shit for all I know.
Old 2012-09-05, 12:20
Guardian of Lost Souls
Forum Leader

BOO!!

Hey all anyone remember me? Nah, I suppose not

Life has fecking crazy here *sighs* been plagued by violent migraines and trying to get them under control. Been back and forth to doc & neurologist for a year now. Been on different preventive drugs which didn't work now on a course of accupuncture, got another session in a couple of weeks time then that'll be me. To see how things go. Won't be going back on preventative drugs 'cause they don't work. Just taking 3 anadin extra when I get a migraine and go back to bed to sleep it off seems to work. Been off the booze since last year cause of the drugs and now I can drink again I don't want too. The desire to drink has left me. Also am off so much fecking food 'cause of the migraines it's unreal! *sighs* but am getting there slowly. My studies have been put on hold 'cause of them too.

Anyway, just popped in quickly to say am still alive (of sorts). Will try to pop in more often but sometimes real life gets in the way.

----

"Bunny is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma" one my mates describing me.
Old 2012-09-06, 09:46
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
Good to hear from you, bunny! I hope they figure out how to help your migraines. I'm glad you're taking better care of yourself, too. I'll write you soon.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2012-09-07, 06:04
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Oh, look what I got in the mail today!

| 01 | 02 | 03 | 04 |
| 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 |

Honestly, when I opened the package I thought Gomers had sent me a pair of his briefs. I looked at it from every conceivable angle, wondering how the fuck Germans' genitalia are configured to allow them to wear such a bizarrely-made underpant. Turned out it was an Irishman's Disguise™ - a balaclava which covers everything on the head except for the face. And yes, I tried it on. Smelled kinda strange, like some kind of chemical. I'm assuming it was just blowback from the Zyklon-B fumes at Gomers' last BBQ.

The first pic is how the parcel arrived - with an IRA gunman peeking out from behind the envelope. The possible repercussions of having this delivered to me in this part of the country is something only the Large Hadron Collider could compute.

So, in sum:

1. Pro-IRA propaganda
2. Addressed to a rapist of dead children
3. Printouts of how to make nuclear bombs
4. A ski-mask
5. What appears to be a page from a mentally ill Nazi survivalist's End of Days manifesto (with a Star Wars sticker on the back)

Gomers, I haven't laughed so hard since Dylan's sister shat out of her pussy when I was butt-fucking her while holding her mouth and nose shut with my hand and after I'd packed her ears with cotton wool, leaving only one hole from which turdlings could be passed.

Old 2012-09-07, 07:19
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Holy shit, that's awesome. Mail fraud must be incredibly easy to achieve in Norn Iron.

Meanwhile, a couple of years ago in America, I got gipped out of $300+ worth of shit I ordered that was INSURED BY THE FUCKING POSTAL SERVICE.

Last edited by Chris Rezendes : 2012-09-07 at 07:27.
Old 2012-09-07, 09:50
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DameFraMorkum
I appreciate anyone's taste who includes Laaz Rockit. Nothing$ $acred

Are there any new bands that do this kind of music or is it just exclusive to the older guys?
Old 2012-09-07, 10:33
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
That was funny, Gomers and Paddy. lol

Chris', I'm curious about your problem with the USPS. I have connections. Wish I'd known and maybe we could have figured it out so you'd get your money at least. It's probably too late to do anything about it now.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Old 2012-09-07, 10:43
Post-whore

Cool sticker.

The ski mask does look suspiciously similar to the fabric and cut of boxer briefs. Oh well, just put it on your head and hope for the best I suppose. It couldn't have possibly been close to any genitalia.

As far as I know, and I'm going off of what I've heard from other people because I can't be bothered to listen to it myself, 99% of new thrash is a huge disappointment. From what I understand you're better off unearthing lost thrash gems if you want to find something new to listen to. One name I hear get tossed around a lot for new thrash is Vektor, so maybe it's worth checking them out. I'm sure MTM or Chris would probably be of more help in that department, but that's just my 2 cents.
Old 2012-09-07, 21:21
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Evile might the best out there (I miss you, Ol!) as far as the thrash revival goes, but their sound isn't very similar to Laaz Rockit. I think their style compares better with, say, Exodus, Razor, or Slayer. Good stuff, though.

Municipal Waste are also thought of quite highly... again, nothing like Laaz Rockit, probably closer to say Nuclear Waste/S.O.D./Cryptic Slaughter type stuff.

I've also heard some material by Warbeast and a newer Brazilian band called Violator that I really enjoyed. Warbeast only have one album, but I enjoyed it immensely. I have no idea how much shit Violator has put out, I just listened to one album recently and it was good. Have actually never heard of Vektor, will check them out. For the most part, I'd agree that you're generally better off digging up obscure stuff (soooooooo much easier these days than it was when I was a kid gobbling up used cassettes from every pawn shop in SE MA) than spending too much time on the newer scene.

There are a some good bands here and there, but overall the magic is gone. The scene as a whole is lacking in originality... those few good bands make it by on the strength of good riffs, energy, and attitude. If you're not into all that, I'd just go back and dig through the fictional bargain bins at filestube dot com and find some older stuff. If you need a link or two to get you started, feel free to PM me.

Last edited by Chris Rezendes : 2012-09-07 at 21:41.
Old 2012-09-08, 04:30
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I was watching a video clip of Islamic terrorists executing a police officer, but as soon as the clip began I started laughing hysterically.

For those who don't know, when someone is about to be shot or beheaded in one of these videos the killers generally read out a really long-winded statement in monotone Arabic before they get down to business. They're usually clutching a few sheets of loose paper. For instance, here's a pic from the Nick Berg video (it's safe). This video, however, was different:

(Also safe)
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums...ff/hahahaha.jpg

I swear I haven't doctored that shit.
Old 2012-09-08, 14:58
Vaginal Warts

Send a message via AIM to JoeYngVai
@paddy & gomers:

brilliant.

Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!

R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.
Old 2012-09-09, 03:24
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

My pleasure. I was really worried I'll end up in jail.

Oh and I weared the mask on several occasions. Never washed it. Inhale the smell of my putrefaction and flyyyyyyyyyyy

R.I.P moe
Old 2012-09-09, 06:36
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

And the mask is supposed to cover everything but the eyes, eyebrows and your forehead.

R.I.P moe
Old 2012-09-09, 07:00
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
My pleasure. I was really worried I'll end up in jail.

Oh and I weared the mask on several occasions. Never washed it. Inhale the smell of my putrefaction and flyyyyyyyyyyy

That's so touching, Goms.
Old 2012-09-09, 14:43
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Yes, it was touching Goms and then it was touching Paddy.

EWWWWWWWWWWWW

Old 2012-09-09, 16:31
Vaginal Warts

Send a message via AIM to JoeYngVai
I think they should touch together.

Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!

R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.
Old 2012-09-09, 17:53
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

I'd pay to see that.

...but only because I'm running out of disturbing fap material.
Old 2012-09-10, 05:22
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
I'd pay to see that.

I'd pay to do that.

R.I.P moe