MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Poetry Lyrical

Old 2011-11-24, 14:07
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

A story

I had this recently published in my church's monthly newsletter and was asked here about it so I thought I'd share with everybody. It's a true tale and maybe someone will be inspired by it whether you're spiritual or not. Enjoy.

The Christmas Earring

Last year was a snowy one around Christmas time. My mother had given me a necklace and matching earrings that were clear except for iridescence around the edges and a cross in the center of each piece. They were unique and very pretty. One Sunday, I wore them to church, and when I walked home from mom's house I realized one was missing. I sent emails and called around after I'd paced back and forth across the street trying to spot the missing earring in the snow. I had no luck and was so heartbroken that I'd lost it. I always put the little plastic stoppers on the backs, but didn't this time. I had no idea where it might have fallen off.

A few days later, I dropped mom off at the front of the clinic for an appointment. I parked the car quite a distance from the door. Some of the snow had melted so it wasn't bad walking through the parking lot. Once I got in the lab where she was having bloodwork done, I sat down. There was a young woman with a small boy and girl. The little boy couldn't have been more than 4. The girl was toddling about, keeping her mom very busy with crayons and paper. The boy was very content playing with his little cars. I told him how much I liked them and that I had grown boys that loved playing with cars when they were kids. His mom smiled. There was just something about the small family that seemed warm as they interacted with each other.

Mom finished her bloodwork. She waited at the door while I went to get the car. As I was walking through the parking lot I thought about a news story I'd heard about a random person handing out $100 bills to people in a parking lot before Christmas. I wondered what it would be like to do something like that. I knew I could never do the same, but maybe I could do something similar. Just then I spotted the woman putting her children in their car seats so I fished in my purse.

I said "hello" as I approached her so I didn't startle her. She turned, smiled, and said "hi" back. I told her what nice children she had, and I wanted to do something for them. I handed her a $50 bill. Exclaiming in surprise, she said she couldn't accept it, but I said that I wanted to do it. She was so thankful. We both had tears in our eyes. As I walked away I told her "Merry Christmas" and she called, "God bless you!" I reciprocated. Of all the things she could have said, her words hit me like bricks. The whole scene still brings tears to my eyes.

I picked mom up, and we went home. She went in the house. I glanced around to see if I spotted my earring as I had tried many times, but before I left I walked to the other side of the car. I looked down just past the door. On the ground, laying in some melted snow, was the multicolored cross, perfectly intact. I was overwhelmed with happiness, humility, and remembrance of sacrifice. Peaceful love seemed to drape all around me. I went home, called and emailed the ones on the lookout.

The series of events still amazes me. I told very few the whole story because I didn't want to sound boastful, but I don't think that was the message. I can't help but think God had smiled at me as well as the stranger and her children in that parking lot.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2011-11-24, 14:09
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

When I let my husband read it for the first time in the newsletter his comment? "You gave away fifty dollars? I can't believe you gave away fifty dollars!" lol But he liked it, too.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!