MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password


 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
  #261  
Old 2011-04-05, 03:53
Gomli's Avatar
Gomli Gomli is offline
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ger., North
Posts: 2,593
My RAN arrived today... and I'm gonna write three tests in the next two days. My future is lost
__________________
C'est le chant des vieux arbres entonné pour toi,
Pour ces bois obscurs maintenant endormis.


R.I.P moe
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 2011-04-05, 04:07
Wolfsherz Wolfsherz is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Antwerp
Posts: 1,472
Send a message via MSN to Wolfsherz
My BC Rich Mockingbird ST Trans Red should be arriving this week. Fucking syked.

Also, vocal-recordings were last weekend with the best death metal-singer this bullshit country has. Sounds lunatic, will upload a sample sometime.
__________________
So this Georgian Olympian runs into a bar

Aosoth - New album III out now on Agonia Recs
Epoch - bass, guitars, drums, MetaStasizing out asap
Asphixa - bass, demo out asap
Adustum - bass, guitars, full length out soon on XXXXXXXXXX recs

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Tetianblood? ... Well, 'Necrosemen' to you too. Twat.
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 2011-04-05, 06:46
DameFraMorkum's Avatar
DameFraMorkum DameFraMorkum is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,199
Send a message via AIM to DameFraMorkum Send a message via MSN to DameFraMorkum
Jens, you're a bass player right? What are your favorite hellish wardrum like basslines? As a fellow Antaeus fan, I don't expect this to be a short list... Pressure!
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 2011-04-05, 07:59
Dyldo's Avatar
Dyldo Dyldo is offline
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Californeeway
Posts: 7,907
Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
Lets get some pics, Goms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsherz
My BC Rich Mockingbird ST Trans Red should be arriving this week. Fucking syked.

Also, vocal-recordings were last weekend with the best death metal-singer this bullshit country has. Sounds lunatic, will upload a sample sometime.

Yeah, please do. The "lunatic sound" is the best, I think, e.g. later Gorguts and !T.O.O.H!
__________________
Check my band out:
facebook.com/deadheadroses
deadheadroses.bandcamp.com
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 2011-04-05, 21:06
johnmansley's Avatar
johnmansley johnmansley is offline
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 5,970
Send a message via MSN to johnmansley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
Contradictions Collapse, Destroy Erase Improve, and Chaosphere.

That show sounds interesting at worst, with the potential for some serious fun.


Have you listened to Nothing yet? "Straws Pulled at Random" from that album is one of my favourite songs of all time, but I think the album as a whole is too plodding for these ears. Chaosphere is usually the album to which I always return, although ObZen is very good as well.
__________________
Album of the day:

Deadhead Roses - Zastruga
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 2011-04-06, 04:25
Gomli's Avatar
Gomli Gomli is offline
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ger., North
Posts: 2,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
Lets get some pics, Goms.

Will follow in the RAN thread.

Talking bout Meshuggah:
Have you ever noticed you can nod your head in one tempo through the whole "New Millenium Cyanide Christ" track?
__________________
C'est le chant des vieux arbres entonné pour toi,
Pour ces bois obscurs maintenant endormis.


R.I.P moe
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 2011-04-06, 04:41
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX L,B'XXX is offline
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,866
Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
fbs- Happy birthday where ever you are, snookums.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 2011-04-06, 09:07
Amadeus's Avatar
Amadeus Amadeus is online now
Quantum.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,142
The FBS is a lie.
__________________
Listening to Slipknot and cutting yourself is ridiculous
Listening to Cannibal Corpse and cutting trees with a chainsaw, now that's metal

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 2011-04-06, 10:16
Dyldo's Avatar
Dyldo Dyldo is offline
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Californeeway
Posts: 7,907
Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
Will follow in the RAN thread.

Talking bout Meshuggah:
Have you ever noticed you can nod your head in one tempo through the whole "New Millenium Cyanide Christ" track?

A lot of their songs are like that. Despite having constantly changing fucked up structures and complex time signatures, they still make it fucking groove.
__________________
Check my band out:
facebook.com/deadheadroses
deadheadroses.bandcamp.com
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old 2011-04-06, 17:10
Chris Rezendes's Avatar
Chris Rezendes Chris Rezendes is offline
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Alone here, with emptiness, eagles, and snow...
Posts: 3,565
Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
Have you listened to Nothing yet? "Straws Pulled at Random" from that album is one of my favourite songs of all time, but I think the album as a whole is too plodding for these ears. Chaosphere is usually the album to which I always return, although ObZen is very good as well.


I haven't, but may check it out when I find the time and am in the right mood.

They've been showing a fair amount of LFC matches here in New England. The group that owns the Red Sox purchased LFC like 6 months ago (before the 2010 baseball season, IIRC) and I suppose they are showing matches on the same network that broadcasts Red Sox (and Bruins) games, possibly to justify the purchase. Perhaps they are simply hoping Sox fans will find common ground with LFC, both clubs having been brutally dominated by a nearby, highly successful team.

I'm really not sure why they bought a stupid kickball team, but whatevs.
__________________
Trust in god, he'll give you shoes!

Last edited by Chris Rezendes : 2011-04-06 at 17:14.
Reply With Quote
  #271  
Old 2011-04-06, 17:17
Chris Rezendes's Avatar
Chris Rezendes Chris Rezendes is offline
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Alone here, with emptiness, eagles, and snow...
Posts: 3,565
Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
__________________
Trust in god, he'll give you shoes!
Reply With Quote
  #272  
Old 2011-04-06, 17:34
The Execrator's Avatar
The Execrator The Execrator is offline
Noob lud
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Upstate New Yaawwk
Posts: 3,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
The FBS is a lie.

Agreed
__________________
9/23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Old 2011-04-07, 00:49
johnmansley's Avatar
johnmansley johnmansley is offline
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 5,970
Send a message via MSN to johnmansley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
I haven't, but may check it out when I find the time and am in the right mood.

They've been showing a fair amount of LFC matches here in New England. The group that owns the Red Sox purchased LFC like 6 months ago (before the 2010 baseball season, IIRC) and I suppose they are showing matches on the same network that broadcasts Red Sox (and Bruins) games, possibly to justify the purchase. Perhaps they are simply hoping Sox fans will find common ground with LFC, both clubs having been brutally dominated by a nearby, highly successful team.

I'm really not sure why they bought a stupid kickball team, but whatevs.


Yep, New England Sports Ventures bought us. John Henry seems like a good guy - he's certainly saying all the right things.

However, I will have to pull you up on the "nearby highly successful team" comparison: the Red Sox have had much fewer World Series titles than the Yankees for a very long time whereas United have never had more league titles than Liverpool. That may change this year of course, but United have never in their history had more league titles than Liverpool, not even for one day

Gomli, Dyldo: most Meshuggah songs and song parts resolve perfectly to 4/4 time. Martin and Frederik explicitly said as much in their Guitar World column in the late 90s.
__________________
Album of the day:

Deadhead Roses - Zastruga
Reply With Quote
  #274  
Old 2011-04-07, 02:51
Gomli's Avatar
Gomli Gomli is offline
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ger., North
Posts: 2,593
Check out the pics I posted in the RAN thread. Thaank you!

Ah yeah and fuck Al Bundy. asshole
__________________
C'est le chant des vieux arbres entonné pour toi,
Pour ces bois obscurs maintenant endormis.


R.I.P moe
Reply With Quote
  #275  
Old 2011-04-07, 10:05
Chris Rezendes's Avatar
Chris Rezendes Chris Rezendes is offline
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Alone here, with emptiness, eagles, and snow...
Posts: 3,565
Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
Gomli, Dyldo: most Meshuggah songs and song parts resolve perfectly to 4/4 time. Martin and Frederik explicitly said as much in their Guitar World column in the late 90s.


I notice the same thing happens a lot when I write in some sort of funky time. I never write in weird or uncommon time on purpose; I just play something on guitar that I like and then write it down in powertab until it sounds exactly how I played it. Sometimes this requires 11/8, 3/8, 7/4, etc. but is always some factor of 4 or 8, and most of the time a riff or movement as a whole resolves perfectly to 4/4.

Lately I have been thinking of challenging myself to write something for specific time signatures. I think it would be a good exercise, but it would be far to artistically restrictive for me to use in a song.
__________________
Trust in god, he'll give you shoes!
Reply With Quote
  #276  
Old 2011-04-07, 15:01
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD's Avatar
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
Ah yeah and fuck Al Bundy. asshole


Blasphemy. He is a king amongst men.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Sex is free if you don't mind spending most of your night in the bushes with both a balaclava and an overblown sense of entitlement.
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Old 2011-04-07, 20:57
johnmansley's Avatar
johnmansley johnmansley is offline
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 5,970
Send a message via MSN to johnmansley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
Lately I have been thinking of challenging myself to write something for specific time signatures. I think it would be a good exercise, but it would be far to artistically restrictive for me to use in a song.


I'd give it a shot, there are many exponents of creative limitation in music. Indeed, Igor Stravinsky said of imposing such limits, "The more art is controlled, limited, worked over, the more it is free.”

Check out JS Bach's Goldberg Variations and Bela Bartok's Mikrokosmos; the former is 30 variations on a theme whereas the latter has many examples of self-imposed constraints. Also take a listen to Maurice Ravel's Piano Concerto for the Left Hand - no explanation needed here!
__________________
Album of the day:

Deadhead Roses - Zastruga
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old 2011-04-08, 08:58
Gomli's Avatar
Gomli Gomli is offline
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ger., North
Posts: 2,593
I don't know why but I'm somehow in the need to let you guys know that my father passed away after 5 months in hospital including 4 weeks coma, so I think it's better for him that way. We gave the sign to shut down the machines after the docs let us know that there's no more hope for him.
RIP
__________________
C'est le chant des vieux arbres entonné pour toi,
Pour ces bois obscurs maintenant endormis.


R.I.P moe
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old 2011-04-08, 09:44
Dyldo's Avatar
Dyldo Dyldo is offline
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Californeeway
Posts: 7,907
Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
I'd give it a shot, there are many exponents of creative limitation in music. Indeed, Igor Stravinsky said of imposing such limits, "The more art is controlled, limited, worked over, the more it is free.”

Check out JS Bach's Goldberg Variations and Bela Bartok's Mikrokosmos; the former is 30 variations on a theme whereas the latter has many examples of self-imposed constraints. Also take a listen to Maurice Ravel's Piano Concerto for the Left Hand - no explanation needed here!


I half agree with Stravinsky on that quote. On the one hand, I felt very suffocated when I had to work in counterpoint or within one constant key, but often doing this would sometimes force me to really search for a creative way to use such limitations and the song would often flourish with them. It can also be nice to help keep your head level and not become absolutely lost in the blank ether of limitless possibilities. On the other hand, I'm also partial to Bukowski's quote: "As the spirit wanes the form appears". I find that if I have a very strong emotion or idea I want to get across, its often more beneficial to start with a tabula rasa and just let it naturally take on whatever form it will, often times just by chance. In that method I find there's more room for your creativity to explore whatever path it wants to and has a more "intuitive" approach that can leave you with a supernatural feeling like it all came from somewhere else. Either way its probably best, as with everything, to take the middle way between these two quotes. Both offer different but equal opportunities.

I'm seeing Sleepytime Gorilla Museum tonight (there second-to-last show ever!). I've always wondered how they go about writing, especially considering their music backgrounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
I don't know why but I'm somehow in the need to let you guys know that my father passed away after 5 months in hospital including 4 weeks coma, so I think it's better for him that way. We gave the sign to shut down the machines after the docs let us know that there's no more hope for him.
RIP

Shit Goms, I'm very sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to both you and your family. Keep your head up.
__________________
Check my band out:
facebook.com/deadheadroses
deadheadroses.bandcamp.com
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey

Last edited by Dyldo : 2011-04-08 at 09:49.
Reply With Quote
  #280  
Old 2011-04-08, 09:57
drawn&quartered's Avatar
drawn&quartered drawn&quartered is offline
Too _____, wouldn't fuck
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
I don't know why but I'm somehow in the need to let you guys know that my father passed away after 5 months in hospital including 4 weeks coma, so I think it's better for him that way. We gave the sign to shut down the machines after the docs let us know that there's no more hope for him.
RIP

sucks bro
__________________
I dont have any funny quotes

NEGROGENESIS


Reply With Quote


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:34.


========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2009 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.