MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2011-01-05, 15:45
wapbamboo
New Blood

Tons of issues with Reaper, need help

I'm trying to plug my guitar directly into my laptop via the microphone jack. First of all, I had to cut a guitar cable open as well as cut up some headphones. I stripped the rubber off of both (I have no clue which one is positive and which one is negative on either of them...guitar cable has two wires [one in the rubber, one in a tube inside of the rubber] and the headphones have a red wire with copper and a green wire with copper (which I assume to be negative and positive, respectively).

Will that work?

For this part, understand that I am running Windows Vista. When I go into Control Panel > Sound, I see the following under the recording tab:

External Mic
Integrated Microphone Array
Stereo Mix
and Internet AUX Jack

I do have it set to show anything that is disabled. Which do I choose as an alternative to "line in"?

Reaper is set up with the ASIO drivers. My First and Last inputs are "MicIn 1" and "MicIn 2" respectively. That's all fine and dandy, except Reaper keeps picking sound up ONLY from my external mic (that is, it picks up me coughing/typing/etc --- everything but my guitar).

I can't even hear myself typing/coughing through the speakers, either, and I have monitoring turned on.

help

Old 2011-01-05, 17:14
wapbamboo
New Blood

I'm going to buy an adapter for the guitar, so ignore that

Old 2011-01-05, 20:40
wapbamboo
New Blood

http://i53.tinypic.com/2j4t3xw.jpg
That's all I have for record...no "line-in"