MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Vocal Zone

Old 2010-12-13, 17:30
wapbamboo
New Blood

Favorite or "the best" Songs you Practice Vocals to?

By the best, I mean the ones you feel most benefit your practicing

For me, I like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CqcRae3maY --I find this song decent to practice low false chords with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgg26pupgDo -- Good for open mouth lows and some decently high highs. There's one line that he does in one breath that I can't dream of doing in one breath (0:56)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxxS8xmDRzA - For when I want dem br00tz gutturals

I dont have many songs that I like to practice highs to. Normally just practice along with phil bozeman's highs

Old 2010-12-13, 21:12
ExhumedCarcass
Senior Metalhead

Honestly I only really practice to the songs we write in my bands. Occasionally a little to maybe nile or exhumed but honestly I have so much material of my own stuff to go through I don't have the time or desire to learn anything otherwise.

Old 2010-12-14, 20:10
wapbamboo
New Blood

What genre?

Old 2010-12-15, 07:04
ExhumedCarcass
Senior Metalhead

We have a black metal band, and a Tech Death band. They are both the same members but the music is so different we decided to be two bands. You can hear them both below. The tech death songs I wasn't happy with my vocal performance on but we had to have it finished before a show so they got rushed and I didn't have the tone I wanted. The black metal song I am very happy with though.

Old 2010-12-15, 14:14
wapbamboo
New Blood

Black metal isnt really my thing but you definitely have a good tone in that song, goes great with the music. The highs kinda reminded me of chuck schuldiner, so (needless to say), I loved them. also lolled at the "war of religion, we'll win it!" line
so cool

I would have liked to hear Autolatry with the same quality as Yildun. Have to say, though, Yildun is definitely closer to my style. I only listened to Studies in Regeneration, but I liked it. Needs more slams or a breakdown I was expecting a fast-paced, the faceless styled breakdown

Anyway, keep up the good work

Old 2010-12-15, 21:30
ExhumedCarcass
Senior Metalhead

What can I say... We hate breakdowns hahaha And honestly the only thing the Yildun demo has over the Autolatry song posted is it's a mastered version of the song. Otherwise we did a better job at making the Autolatry stuff sound as we wanted it. Thanks for the kind words though man!

Old 2010-12-16, 14:14
wapbamboo
New Blood

Well, most tech death bands tend to hate breakdowns! The mastered version definitely made it easier to listen to, do you have any plans for a mastered version of your Autolatry song?

Old 2010-12-16, 16:32
ExhumedCarcass
Senior Metalhead

yeah, we actually have an entire album that's hopefully on it's way back from pressing. We are hopefully releasing it this saturday(so long as we have a copy in our hands) on a radio show and playing three songs acoustically in studio. The master isn't as loud as we would have liked but that's because we fucked up and recorded everything too loud which didn't leave room for a good mastering job. Still sounds amazing in my opinion. It's very bass heavy which is a nice change of pace for black metal. haha

We will be recording three new tech songs in the next couple months aswell and they are definitely going to sound a ton better then that lame excuse for a recording we have up now!

Old 2010-12-17, 17:34
projectvenusblake
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExhumedCarcass
Honestly I only really practice to the songs we write in my bands. Occasionally a little to maybe nile or exhumed but honestly I have so much material of my own stuff to go through I don't have the time or desire to learn anything otherwise.

Same here.
"We talk about civilization as though it's a static state. There are no civilized people yet, it's a process that's constantly going on... As long as you have war, police, prisons, crime, you are in the early stages of civilization." ~Jacque Fresco

Old 2010-12-17, 17:44
projectvenusblake
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExhumedCarcass
yeah, we actually have an entire album that's hopefully on it's way back from pressing. We are hopefully releasing it this saturday(so long as we have a copy in our hands) on a radio show and playing three songs acoustically in studio. The master isn't as loud as we would have liked but that's because we fucked up and recorded everything too loud which didn't leave room for a good mastering job. Still sounds amazing in my opinion. It's very bass heavy which is a nice change of pace for black metal. haha

We will be recording three new tech songs in the next couple months aswell and they are definitely going to sound a ton better then that lame excuse for a recording we have up now!

I'm not a fan of your lows(that might just be because of the recording) but your highs make me want to cum.
"We talk about civilization as though it's a static state. There are no civilized people yet, it's a process that's constantly going on... As long as you have war, police, prisons, crime, you are in the early stages of civilization." ~Jacque Fresco

Old 2010-12-17, 18:42
ExhumedCarcass
Senior Metalhead

It was a combo the recording(being we didn't know how to do it properly) and myself trying something new the day we recorded. I hate my lows and highs on the yildun recordings. The Autolatry stuff I do enjoy. Thanks for listening though haha

Old 2011-06-06, 22:10
mikeeasley
New Blood
Banned

Practicing revival songs is a good hobby as well. Aside from practicing your band's songs.

Old 2011-11-21, 02:23
Arpeggio Al
New Blood

I always have practiced to Cathedral and my vocals sound nothing like Lee Dorians. Just fun to practice to, and loosen to vocals chords without rippin em out.