Password

Old 2010-12-10, 03:58
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

R.I.P moe
Old 2010-12-10, 06:32
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Programming video games?? Sweet! Is that what you're taking in school?

I'm in trade school now, in a 2-year pre-apprenticeship program for plumbing/pipe fitting/gas fitting. I'm surprisingly enjoying it quite a bit. Who knew I loved working with long, black pipe?

Na I went to school for programming business type applications, since there are not alot of resources for people to pull from around here I landed this game programming job through a guy on of all things Criagslist. It's ok, but huge learning curve for me the past couple of months you never realize 3D Math could be such a pain in the ass.

I honestly wish I would have went your route. Something outside, moving. What happen to the security job?

If I had the chance to go back I'd Major in Civil Engineering.
Old 2010-12-10, 06:32
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Send a message via MSN to johnmansley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
What's the crack with the word "like"? It's pretty popular among Liverpudlians and Norn Irish folk, but it never seems to have any significance, it just kinda hangs off the edge of the sentence like it's the product of some deep twitching neurosis.

John, do you ever find that when someone is challenging you or talking about Liverpool in a negative way that you suddenly adopt a much stronger Liverpudlian accent? It's hilarious watching my dad's accent and dialect morph from "somewhat pleasant" to a very harsh "1970s West Belfast" when he stats talking politics haha. I do it myself sometimes, too, usually if I find myself drawn into a conversation with hoods and joyriders; I suddenly and involuntarily become about 25% more stupid and obnoxious just in case they sniff me out and batter me half to death with their giant brows.

Yeah, loads of Scousers will permeate sentences with "like" fairly regularly, without even noticing, like.

"So anyway, I threw my lob-on right up her Khyber Pass. She flinched a bit, like, but she liked it in the end, like."

I think everybody who suffers attacks on their locality will reinforce their accent when defending themselves. I think it must be a tribal thing.

I'm not English; I'm Scouse, like.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn
Old 2010-12-10, 07:47
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I always figured it was just one of the local dimorphisms of weird verbal tics endemic throughout the current and former British Isles, such as ending sentences automatically with 'innit?' even when it makes no sense in the context.

That's why Americans like your films so much; the dialogue leaves us incredibly confused, and the more confused we are by a film the better it must be.
Old 2010-12-10, 13:16
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

The weird thing is, we don't have any trouble understanding the various accents and dialects of the U.S. and elsewhere, but we can barely understand someone who lives 15 minutes away by car. Seriously, if you drive in any direction from my house for a 5 or 6 miles you'll encounter a completely distinctive and incomprehensible accent. It's bizarre; the whole of Ireland is only about the size of the state of Virginia yet it's like you've walked through the back of an enchanted wardrobe when you arrive at the next town.

It certainly makes racists a joy to watch. "These immigrants come over here and don't even speak the language!". "What was that, ya enigma code talkin' cultchie fucker ya?" "MOOOOOOOOOO!"

EDIT: I have a concern I'd like to talk out with you fine gentlemen. Do you think that wanking when you're taking a shit is in some way reinforcing a psychological kink which may eventually manifest itself as an ability to masturbate or sustain arousal without the smell of shit being involved? And that when someone farts you'll immediately get a massive erection? Should I manage and plan out my wank setting more carefully or does it not matter at this late stage in my life?

Discuss!

Last edited by Paddy : 2010-12-10 at 13:23.
Old 2010-12-10, 13:42
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
I don't think that kind of Pavlovian connection could be made. I think what you're really afraid of is that the feeling of shit sliding out of your uh-ohs hole is giving you a boner and you're fooling yourself that its the shit smell because, well, that's kinda less gay.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Old 2010-12-10, 17:12
Vaginal Warts

Send a message via AIM to JoeYngVai
Paddy... I want a sound clip of your voice. NOW.

Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!

R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.
Old 2010-12-11, 01:08
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
I don't think that kind of Pavlovian connection could be made. I think what you're really afraid of is that the feeling of shit sliding out of your uh-ohs hole is giving you a boner and you're fooling yourself that its the shit smell because, well, that's kinda less gay.

I was taught that you can provoke almost any conditioning you want. But I think it takes a lot longer for older people.
So you only are allowed to wank when you`re going to dump a brown load.

R.I.P moe
Old 2010-12-11, 03:11
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
Considering you've left me with an asshole like a chewed orange I think it's a little redundant to fire homofucktual aspersions my way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeYngVai
Paddy... I want a sound clip of your voice. NOW.
Just close your eyes the next time you're watching a Samuel L. Jackson movie. That's pretty much me right there.

"Yes they deserved to die, and I hope they burn in hell, the cultchie wee bawstards!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
I was taught that you can provoke almost any conditioning you want. But I think it takes a lot longer for older people.
So you only are allowed to wank when you`re going to dump a brown load.
I'm gonna do a 5 year experiment on this, and only pull my salt-chute when a turd is stewing in the toilet bowl, and the sight of rusty gravy water as I stand up to fire a load into the open mouth of my porcelain girlfriend will no doubt serve to strengthen the conditioning process. If I find myself more and more turned on by stinky poops thereafter I'll be buying a glass-top coffee table, several hundred boxes of marigold washing-up gloves and a mile-long roll of clingfilm. If it turns out that the conditioning didn't work I'll skip the coffee table.
Old 2010-12-11, 12:15
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
Quote:
marigold washing-up gloves

Ya mean Playtex? "Gloves so flexible you can pick up a dime." - Now that's dating myself. Different that Paddy dating himself.
I've got some heavy duty black rubber gloves that you don't have to worry about popping a hole through, Padanarum. You might try plumbing suppliers for them.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2010-12-11, 12:41
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Playtex? Isn't that what those extra-comfy bras are made from? I don't think it's a coincidence that you can pick up a dime with your boobies from a standing position. It's all falling into place! Your boobies, I mean. The place being your shoes.

In other news, I think I have ADD or am just incredibly stupid. I've been trying to read a few books over the past month or two, and I'm finding it increasingly difficult to get through the fuckers. I constantly have that thing where you read a page and then can't remember a single word of what you just read and have to read it again. Some books are alright, I can get through them reasonably well if a little haphazardly, but others just leave me frustrated and with a pounding headache. There's one on Irish history that I've just quit, and I only made it through about 30 pages. They're not even difficult books; it's not James Joyce or Shakespeare, you know? What the fuck causes that shit? I Googled the b'jaysus out of it but all I could find was superfluous nonsense such as "you have to concentrate more" or costly tutor programmes offered by charlatans and managerial-speak sociopaths.

Strangely, I don't have that problem when I read this forum. I do get ball-ache and a hot buzzing sensation in my brain sack, though.
Old 2010-12-11, 12:56
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
Yeah, I think the fact that there's rubber used in both has something to do with it. You're sounding more and more like my kids. I don't like that!

I've done that for almost half a century, Paddy. I can copy things and not remember a word I've copied, too. It was, and still is, horribly frustrating. It is selective. If I'm interested in something I don't have too much trouble with it, but if it's something I could give 2 shitz about I can read it 50 times and it won't make a bit of difference.
I'll ask my son since he's come up with several ideas for my mentalities while researching bipolar and autism - both of which run in the family. I don't know if that has anything to do with Asperger's, but you might give that a look. Or ADHD.
Or just read something more interesting. Life's too short to waste it on stuff that doesn't grab ya. Especially if you're only gonna live to 50.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Old 2010-12-11, 13:22
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
You're sounding more and more like my kids. I don't like that!
Hey, I don't enjoy this any more than you do.

Quote:
Or just read something more interesting. Life's too short to waste it on stuff that doesn't grab ya.
That's the thing, I am interested in this stuff. I read two books last month, one was The Shankill Butchers: A Case Study in Mass Murder, the other was Death By a Thousand Cuts, which is a book examining the history and the Western perceptions of the Chinese capital punishment of lingchi which involves carving up a conscious human being. What the fuck could be more interesting than that? The Shankill Butchers book was easy to get through, I think I broke all of my previous records and finished it in 3 or 4 sittings, but the lingchi book was hard fucking work. I actually skipped an entire chapter because I just couldn't bear the frustration of trying to read it. It's so disheartening and demoralising. One wasn't written in a more opaque way than the other, but something caused my brain to put up a block when I read the second one and I just couldn't get beyond it. I don't know why, which is what's pissing me off the most.

Incidentally, the Shankill Butchers book was infinitely more harrowing than the lingchi one, even though the lingchi one contained numerous actual photographs from the early 20th century showing the procedure being done (be careful if you plan on Googling it, the photos are online all over the place).

Here's a short art film centred around lingchi:

Lingchi: Echoes of a Historical Photograph by Chen Chieh-Jen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Pnf_C-wfdo

Quote:
Especially if you're only gonna live to 50.
Shhhhhhh! No one's supposed to know about that, especially not my bank from whom I borrowed immense sums of money that I don't have to start paying back until I retire at 65. They think I'm one of the head engineers on the Large Hadron Collider project. I told them that if quantum physics has taught us anything it's that somewhere, in some dimension, I am an engineer on the LHC project, and that somewhere, in some dimension, the manager of the bank would believe that and give me the money, so we might as well proceed as if we lived in that other dimension and that the versions of us in that other dimension would revert to not doing the deal. Let that other Paddy suffer, I say!
Old 2010-12-11, 13:56
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Could you just be tired, trying to do too many things at once, and it's given you brain overload? Maybe you need torture from the little people to make you calm down a bit. Leprechauns are running rampant this time of year from what I've heard. One of the symptoms about those mental syndromes is rambling about a subject that's of interest to that person.

The thought that my son and I would have anything in common with you is creepy, but I think you and he might like some of the same type historic stuff - which scares the heck out of me. Are you an "Art of War" fan that played Magic, ADnD, and WoW?

Old 2010-12-11, 14:12
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Could you just be tired, trying to do too many things at once, and it's given you brain overload? Maybe you need torture from the little people to make you calm down a bit. Leprechauns are running rampant this time of year from what I've heard. One of the symptoms about those mental syndromes is rambling about a subject that's of interest to that person.
It could be the Aunty Dees. The ones I'm on double up as sleeping pills, so they make you pretty drowsy throughout the day. Plus being on mind-bending drugs for 10 years is bound to have an effect of one's cognitive skills.

Those little people you talk to aren't leprechauns, they're fibrous tumours peppered throughout your brain like the fluff bobbles on an old woolly jumper.

Quote:
The thought that my son and I would have anything in common with you is creepy, but I think you and he might like some of the same type historic stuff - which scares the heck out of me. Are you an "Art of War" fan that played Magic, ADnD, and WoW?
Nah, I never went "full geek", although I do live the lifestyle. I was interested in Irish history mainly because I live here, and I was interested in lingchi because I'm a morbid dick. I don't care much about Chinese history in general, or the parts of Irish history which don't revolve around bloodshed (and there aren't too many of those). I'm very much a "slows down for car accidents but doesn't get involved" kinda guy when it comes to choosing reading material.
Old 2010-12-11, 14:59
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:
Those little people you talk to aren't leprechauns, they're fibrous tumours peppered throughout your brain like the fluff bobbles on an old woolly jumper.

None in my brain. Just my boobs. It scared the crap out of me when I first felt it because the big "c" word popped into my head, but then I decided to wait and see what it was. I did get the big one lanced. Biggest darn needle I've EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!!! I decided after that I'd just tolerate them since they don't do anything.

Old 2010-12-12, 04:26
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I'm having an information sale for the next three weeks; I'm simply overstocked on information! I have TOO MUCH INFORMATION! EVERYTHING MUST GO!
Old 2010-12-12, 08:15
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Ok, what is a clitoris then?

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2010-12-12, 08:22
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

A word women made up to make you feel bad.
Old 2010-12-12, 11:06
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Another one is menstruation

R.I.P moe