MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #141  
Old 2012-03-18, 18:32
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX L,B'XXX is offline
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,880
Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
I know it's a day late, but we cooked burgers on the grill yesterday since it was so warm outside. Today I stuck a semi-lean corned beef brisket in my crock pot, on high, and covered it with water about 1:30pm. I added cut up halfed carrots about 5:30, and cut up potatoes about half an hour later. It's about 7:30 now. Oh my goodness, is it ever good! And gone, too!
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Last edited by L,B'XXX : 2012-03-18 at 18:34.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 2012-03-19, 14:09
DameFraMorkum's Avatar
DameFraMorkum DameFraMorkum is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,199
Send a message via AIM to DameFraMorkum Send a message via MSN to DameFraMorkum
That sounds awesome, been craving corned beef like mad with all the St. Patrick's Day specials I've been seeing around. I recently made a "pinterest" to keep track of all the recipes I like to use, but upon browsing I was really disappointed by how many recipes call for pink lemonade mix and vodka. Faith in womanity -10 points

I did, however, find a killer recipe for pasta sauce that I made last night for me and Steve. It was super easy to make and the ingredients were very simple. Basically, onion, pepperoncini, san marzano tomatoes, bacon, garlic, and an optional splash of white wine. I added the white wine in after cooking the bacon to deglaze the pan, but the recipe doesn't call for it.

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/s...apricciosa.html

Served over linguine with grated parmesan, it was fucking awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 2012-03-19, 15:09
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX L,B'XXX is offline
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,880
Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
Lidia makes good stuff. That sounds good. I don't know about vodka and pink lemonade in corned beef, but it sounds like a great after dinner drink! lol
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 2012-03-19, 17:05
DameFraMorkum's Avatar
DameFraMorkum DameFraMorkum is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,199
Send a message via AIM to DameFraMorkum Send a message via MSN to DameFraMorkum
Ha, I wasn't looking for corned beef recipes. Just referring to the high volume of pink colored baked goods, and vodka cocktails. I don't think I'll be making pink lemonade petit fours any time soon but I did find a recipe for cupcakes that have an oreo on the bottom and a peanut butter cup in the middle
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 2012-03-20, 11:28
Chris Rezendes's Avatar
Chris Rezendes Chris Rezendes is offline
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Alone here, with emptiness, eagles, and snow...
Posts: 3,567
Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
http://mariobatalivoice.blogspot.com/

I don't know if you guys are aware of who Steve Albini is (maybe Dyldo), but he's cooler than you. Evidence: he founded Big Black, he recorded In Utero and Surfer Rosa (and anything else anybody ever asked him to record), he doesn't still hang out here. This is his food blog.

More importantly, Wesley Willis wrote a song about him, which is something that only 100,000 other people, bands, places, and police forces can say.

In Utero (along with STP - Core) was actually the first CD I ever owned and still kind of a personal favorite of mine.
__________________
Trust in god, he'll give you shoes!
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 2012-03-20, 11:41
Chris Rezendes's Avatar
Chris Rezendes Chris Rezendes is offline
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Alone here, with emptiness, eagles, and snow...
Posts: 3,567
Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
Quote:
Originally Posted by DameFraMorkum
That sounds awesome, been craving corned beef like mad with all the St. Patrick's Day specials I've been seeing around. I recently made a "pinterest" to keep track of all the recipes I like to use, but upon browsing I was really disappointed by how many recipes call for pink lemonade mix and vodka. Faith in womanity -10 points

When I first started college, I went back to this girl's house to study and spend the night. She kept giving me pink lemonade and vodka and I remember thinking to myself, "oh, man, please just give me the vodka straight." I didn't say anything because I was a pussy, but man, I'll never understand why chicks seem to like pink lemonade so much.
__________________
Trust in god, he'll give you shoes!
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 2012-03-20, 13:15
Paddy Paddy is offline
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
I'll never understand why chicks seem to like pink lemonade so much.
Girls like pink stuff, it's not rocket science son! It's funny, even though they love pink cushions, underwear, sofas, dresses and other girl's vaginas they seem almost disgusted by the sight of bright pink weeping scabs all over a man's torso and inner thighs. What gives? If they were on a puppy they'd be considered special kisses from dog-angels or something, but put 'em on a man who's otherwise healthy apart from the fat and the mental illness and suddenly it's a fuckin' turn-off.

Have you seen the latest post on that blog PST mentioned?

http://mariobatalivoice.blogspot.co...time-snack.html

What cunt is gonna make that pish as a snack? There's gotta be at least 42 different utensils involved in that shit for a start. But more importantly, the last thing I want to think about on my way to bed is something that looks like one of The Thing's infected bollocks.

I swear to fucking Christ I'd HATE living with a professional chef. Not only would they be insufferable smug cunts come dinner time with their special pans and imported broccoli, they'd probably never let you so much as butter some toast without standing over your shoulder telling you how you're supposed to spread UP UP DOWN UP and not UP DOWN DOWN UP. Also, fuck Jews and anyone who is "professional" at anything except for prostitutes and skin doctors.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 2012-03-20, 13:52
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX L,B'XXX is offline
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,880
Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
That looks like it's got Easter basket grass all over it. That's not anything I'd want.

Dame's cupcakes sound cool. (Shut up, Paddy.) My friend made truffles with crushed Oreo and cream cheese mixed together. They were good, but I'm thinking if there was the peanutbutter center like the Reeses, the Oreo/cc rolled around that, and then dip them in chocolate or use that for cupcake centers it might be pretty good, too.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 2012-03-25, 17:35
PST 88 PST 88 is offline
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,982
That basket grass is grated parmigiano - I'm fairly certain that you, along with everybody else in the world, like Parmesan cheese.

I think you're both missing the point: a blini is basically a delicious, crispy, tiny pancake. The recipe is for a crispy little pancake covered with the sort of creamy, cheesy things almost everybody likes, and maybe a small kick of spice. You're kidding yourself if you don't think you'd gobble them down like the well-worn, gnawed-upon pink plastic dildo you keep hidden underneath tax papers in your desk and think we don't all know about, but we do, kid, we do. And I don't think a Cuisinart and a cast-iron pan are exactly outlandish cooking utensils, or unreasonable ones to have.

It seems like a lot of food writing lately has been dedicated to attempting to demystify the process, and it's a shame to see it's backfired so far - the whole point of the blog is that even somebody who spent his entire teens and twenties eating beef jerky and beating himself up with a guitar can make some good food if he puts a little effort into it.

Even Paddy could whip up blini really easily, and he doesn't realize it, not merely because he's a pox-addled, benighted and mentally deficient gingypants, but because he's never gotten the memo: cooking is easy. Fun, also. Maybe not Michelin-star stuff, but that's not really what we're talking about. With very few exceptions, everything you read in that blog is something you could make yourself, if you had the inclination. And don't pretend you don't want a mouthful of Ben Grimm's testes.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 2012-03-26, 09:19
Chris Rezendes's Avatar
Chris Rezendes Chris Rezendes is offline
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Alone here, with emptiness, eagles, and snow...
Posts: 3,567
Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
You're kidding yourself if you don't think you'd gobble them down like the well-worn, gnawed-upon pink plastic dildo you keep hidden underneath tax papers in your desk and think we don't all know about, but we do, kid, we do.

Shows what you know. Mine is orange, Jew! Come with me, I have a well to show you.

You, sir, are an interesting case study. Do j00z ever masquerade as gingers to avoid being tossed down wells? Not that you're a ginger or anything (you are), but it would be a nifty little disguise to have, wouldn't it? Not only that, but if you carried your Jew gold around in burlap sacks, everyone would assume you were carrying potatoes like a true ginger and leave you alone to pillage Wall Street from your underground bunkers.

I feel like how Ron Paul supporters must feel every time they expose some vast, extremely real conspiracy! High.
__________________
Trust in god, he'll give you shoes!
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 2012-03-26, 10:57
Paddy Paddy is offline
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,745
The saddest thing about Jews is that they can't really transfer that look to other races. It just doesn't quite fit. Anyone of any colour or nationality can look fine in a Buddhist jumpsuit or a priest's skirt but for the whole Jew look to be successful it pretty much requires the correct genetics, i.e. those of a space reptilian oven-jockey.

Check it out:

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums...ff/will_jew.jpg

Just doesn't look right at all, and that muthafucka's a Scientologist!

Gingerness, on the other hand, looks good on anyone:

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums...will_ginger.jpg

It looks especially good on PST's mama's forehead, which is where I generally rest my ginger balls* after a hard day's ejaculating into the abyss, aka Jewssy. Speaking of yo' mama, PST - can you maybe buy her an electric blanket or something? Every time she creeks open that ice-cave of a pussy she offsets the effects of global warming by about 12%. When I came on her tits the last time a frozen length of spunk damn near bolted her to the wall of the public toilet cubical where she works to keep you in whisks and paper plates.

* they're not naturally ginger, she just likes me to dye them ginger in the hopes that having ginger balls on her face will offset the gypsy curse placed upon her family which causes her offspring to be ginger and unable to do anything apart from fry eggs and sell them for 12 each to liberal faggots.
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 2012-03-28, 10:14
Chris Rezendes's Avatar
Chris Rezendes Chris Rezendes is offline
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Alone here, with emptiness, eagles, and snow...
Posts: 3,567
Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
Man, this would have been so much better if you gave Hancock freckles. Good effort, though.
__________________
Trust in god, he'll give you shoes!
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 2012-03-31, 11:00
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX L,B'XXX is offline
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,880
Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
Since this is a cooking thread wouldn't it be milk chocolate chip minis?
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 2012-04-03, 05:30
PST 88 PST 88 is offline
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,982
So, the type of trolling we'd suspend or ban a regular member for, when it's from the mods, is okay?

C'mon, gentlemen!* This is a culinary thread! Is it so hard to ask you to temper your jew-baiting and insults in a culinary discussion, as I undoubtedly did? Is it so difficult to draw a connection between typically culinary subjects, such as oven, and Jews? Are you that brain-deficient? As a negroid and gingeroid, I submit that you are; but at least in the past you've managed to pretend at human level intelligence.

In any case, since you had absolutely nothing to say about the actual content of my post, I can only assume that Paddy is choking down Thing-balls as we speak, and Chris is doing whatever the snake-people from Conan the Barbarian do to survive. Which I'm pretty sure is dudes.

Every day I cook more delicious stuff than any of you've had outside the most special of special occasions. Would you like a description?

* And Paddy.
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 2012-04-03, 06:50
Paddy Paddy is offline
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,745
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on the limited edition Cosby Show boxset? The one which has the DVDs inside a giant puddin' cup and Bill's embossed face on the front with googly eyes which move around when you shake it?
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 2012-04-03, 15:54
Dyldo's Avatar
Dyldo Dyldo is offline
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Californeeway
Posts: 7,909
Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
Every day I cook more delicious stuff than any of you've had outside the most special of special occasions. Would you like a description?

Pfff, lets see it!

I don't know if any of you watched The Great Food Truck Race, but the winner, Jason Quinn (of the Lime Truck, which is excellent) won and started what now may be my favorite restaurant at the moment - Playground.
__________________
Check my band out:
facebook.com/deadheadroses
deadheadroses.bandcamp.com
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 2012-04-03, 22:10
DameFraMorkum's Avatar
DameFraMorkum DameFraMorkum is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,199
Send a message via AIM to DameFraMorkum Send a message via MSN to DameFraMorkum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
Pfff, lets see it!
[/URL].


Yeah man put up or shut up. Tonight I made miso soup with soba noodles, shiitake mushrooms, a poached egg and morel/pu-erh broth instead of dashi. Boooo-yah!


... PB&J foie gras at Playground, you say? I am skeptical, but intrigued.

Last edited by DameFraMorkum : 2012-04-03 at 22:13.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 2012-04-04, 06:42
Dyldo's Avatar
Dyldo Dyldo is offline
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Californeeway
Posts: 7,909
Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DameFraMorkum
Yeah man put up or shut up. Tonight I made miso soup with soba noodles, shiitake mushrooms, a poached egg and morel/pu-erh broth instead of dashi. Boooo-yah!

Dat sounds guud. Did you make the broth from scratch or was it pre-made? The other night I grilled up some marinated carne asada and buche with some Oaxacan peppers stuffed with queso fresco and cotija cheese and some pork marinated in chilies. My girlfriend made some simple, though surprisingly amazing quesodillas out of some hand-made tortillas we got from the local Carniceria. Yeah, boi!

Quote:
... PB&J foie gras at Playground, you say? I am skeptical, but intrigued.

LA/OC is doing what Chicago once did with the anti-foie gras laws (to take place in June, I think?) so its been fucking EVERYWHERE lately. I wouldn't be surprised to see a foie gras handsoap sometime soon.
__________________
Check my band out:
facebook.com/deadheadroses
deadheadroses.bandcamp.com
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 2012-04-04, 09:32
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX L,B'XXX is offline
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,880
Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
I mixed leftover SOS with leftover beef stew and had a side of hearth wheat bread with butter on it the other night for our supper. You guys are way over my taste buds and price ranges.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 2012-04-04, 13:54
DameFraMorkum's Avatar
DameFraMorkum DameFraMorkum is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,199
Send a message via AIM to DameFraMorkum Send a message via MSN to DameFraMorkum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
Dat sounds guud. Did you make the broth from scratch or was it pre-made? The other night I grilled up some marinated carne asada and buche with some Oaxacan peppers stuffed with queso fresco and cotija cheese and some pork marinated in chilies. My girlfriend made some simple, though surprisingly amazing quesodillas out of some hand-made tortillas we got from the local Carniceria. Yeah, boi!


LA/OC is doing what Chicago once did with the anti-foie gras laws (to take place in June, I think?) so its been fucking EVERYWHERE lately. I wouldn't be surprised to see a foie gras handsoap sometime soon.


I would literally murder you for just 1 authentic taco! Do you think they keep in the mail? I'll trade you for some foie gras once they take it out of your greasy, goose-torturing hands! Maybe PST knows where they best Mexican food is in NYC? I've tried everything from trucks in Williamsburg, to that one place in Bushwick, to Rosa Mexicano but nothing compares to what you guys get in LA.

I made the broth from scratch from what I had on hand...I always have some frozen mushroom broth left over from reconstituting dried morels and porcinis, and I needed a cabbagey, seaweedy flavor since I couldn't find wakame either so I used pu-erh because it has that funky aftertaste and I thought it would complement the mushrooms. Felt like a goddamned genius.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:17.


========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2009 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.