MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 2011-03-04, 07:38
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

You may have it backwards with regards to taste-buds. Liking things that are commonly regarded as bland doesn't necessarily mean you have a more nuanced palate, since it's equally likely that you just have a plain old boring one. Which is fine.

Salmon are perfectly sustainable, and good organic salmon farms are increasingly abundant (Le Bernardin serves farmed salmon and they're arguably the best seafood restaurant in the world, so hewing to line-caught there is becoming increasingly pretentious).

Anybody who's had to clean swordfish pretty much loses any desire to eat the things, at least in my experience. In New England, so long as you refuse to accept any swordfish that haven't grown to maturity, you could fairly easily avoid clearing them out, however. It's just most people don't, y'know, give a fuck.
Old 2011-03-04, 09:02
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to DameFraMorkum Send a message via MSN to DameFraMorkum
Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
Anybody who's had to clean swordfish pretty much loses any desire to eat the things, at least in my experience. In New England, so long as you refuse to accept any swordfish that haven't grown to maturity, you could fairly easily avoid clearing them out, however. It's just most people don't, y'know, give a fuck.

Uh... clear them out? What do you mean exactly?? I've had a couple of swordfish steaks and they were really good. Not sure if I want to know what's so disgusting about them in the prep but I'm compelled by morbid curiosity.
Old 2011-03-04, 09:43
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeYngVai
I used to eat a lot of Talapia. Love it. I enjoy lots of things that people consider bland. But that is because they just have fucked up and incorrect taste-buds, LIKE DYLAN.

My taste buds used to be incredible but all the acidity in your father's cum pretty much burned them all out.

I also demand more explanation, Rich. Swordfish is nice. My father used to grill it a lot.

Tried monkfish liver a month or so ago. Can't say it was great, but it was interesting.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey

Last edited by Dyldo : 2011-03-04 at 09:52.
Old 2011-03-04, 10:16
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
You may have it backwards with regards to taste-buds. Liking things that are commonly regarded as bland doesn't necessarily mean you have a more nuanced palate, since it's equally likely that you just have a plain old boring one. Which is fine.

Salmon are perfectly sustainable, and good organic salmon farms are increasingly abundant (Le Bernardin serves farmed salmon and they're arguably the best seafood restaurant in the world, so hewing to line-caught there is becoming increasingly pretentious).

I still do eat a lot of salmon, just less than smaller, more farmable fish. I actually like all fish I've ever tried, though I've developed something of a distaste for Cod; not because it's terrible, but probably because it was a childhood staple food (read: cheap, welfare fish), I ate it more than I would have preferred, and my mother couldn't (and can't) cook for shit. When I'm in the gym more, I readily eat tuna straight out of the can, usually about two per day. I stick with the chunk light to avoid mercury issues, but I know that's still a little too much fish.

On a related note, I also love to eat pussy, which is regularly compared to fish. I never found the taste nor smell particularly comparable, though. I always thought cervical mucous more closely resembled saliva in smell. In fact, I salivate a lot when I run; outside this isn't a problem, but on my treadmill, I have to keep a cup around like a chaw dipper to rid myself of spit so I can breathe properly. This cup invariably smells like vagina by the time I'm done running. Please retain this mental image. Disgusting, isn't it? THEN WHY DO I HAVE A FUCKING BONER?!

As far as swordfish goes, I'm pretty hard to gross out. I really don't give a shit what's in there; I'll assume that they're fine by the time they reach my local deli and/or supermarket. I'm one of those people that don't mind that a certain amount of live rats and rat droppings are legally allowed into vats at food processing plants; as far as I'm concerned, it's not enough of the rat for me to taste, and it's not enough of the rat to make me sick, and I'm not going to be offended (or disgusted) on the principle alone that a molecule of rat made it's way into my dinner.
Old 2011-03-04, 12:32
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
I don't think I'll ever by chunk light tuna again. I switched back to albacore in water again, and it's so much better. I like it straight out of the can, too. Salmon, too. And I LOVE the bones in there. Good stuff.
Aren't swordfish supposed to be one of the fish that does have high concentrations of mercury?

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2011-03-04, 14:18
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Yeah, hugely so, but I don't eat swordfish very often because I'm not rich and I don't own my own boat. Swordfish steaks are usually a tad pricey.

As for albacore vs. chunk light, of course albacore tastes better. However, it's much higher in mercury (and other heavy metals) than chunk light, which means you can't eat it as often, and it takes way longer to gobble up a can of albacore than chunk light. Chunk light really is very light; I can devour two cans relatively quickly and still leave room for a few triscuits or crackers. Albacore, like I said, does taste a bit better, but it's a bit of a chore to eat two whole cans of it, especially if you're in a rush.
Old 2011-03-04, 15:47
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
I suppose it would be harder to eat that way, but I use it for casseroles mostly so the chunks of albacore are more to our liking. I didn't know there was more of a chance of mercury being in it though.

We served swordfish when I worked at a hotel restaurant about 20 years ago, but I don't remember ever tasting it. If I did I wasn't impressed enough to remember. With the economy failing so badly we didn't serve high end stuff like that for too long.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Old 2011-03-06, 22:09
Vaginal Warts

Send a message via AIM to JoeYngVai
Today I discovered that I no longer enjoy tuna...

Spicy tuna sushi, however, is fucking amazing. Canned tuna... can go suck a fuck.

Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!

R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.
Old 2011-03-06, 22:21
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

I have some spicy tuna sushi in the fridge, along with spicy salmon (the raw one, unfortunately; it's good, but I prefer the cooked one) and one other pack. Picked them up Saturday, so I should try to eat them all over the next couple of days.
Old 2011-03-07, 00:19
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I'm with you, Ian. I love Tuna but cannot STAND canned tuna. I hate the taste, the smell, the look, the sound, the fury or anything else about it.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Old 2011-03-07, 03:03
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Dyl, if you get the albacore in water it's dryer tasting when you drain it, but its chunkier. Slap a little sweet pickle relish and Miracle Whip in it on some bread, and get your carbs and protein. Pickles do not count as a vegetable.

I dusted some boneless skinless chicken breasts with tumeric and garlic powder with parsley last night and had a side of broccoli-cheese rice. Man, that was good. Trying to get some antioxidants and anti-inflammatories into our diet since hubby's having lasting trouble from his back surgery. His innards just aren't working like they used to. Take care of yourselves, guys and girls.

Old 2011-03-16, 01:17
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Baguette + chopped up burger = Heaven. Fuck me it's so good.
Old 2011-03-17, 23:17
Okay.

Send a message via MSN to blitz906 Send a message via Yahoo to blitz906
I tried some goat cheese. Surprisingly, it actually tastes pretty good, considering that it smells like Jeffrey Dahmer's basement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one
Old 2011-03-18, 02:30
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Goat cheese can have a strong smell, but great goat cheese, freshly made, can have the worst smell of all cheeses but taste the greatest.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey

Last edited by Dyldo : 2011-03-18 at 02:33.
Old 2011-03-18, 02:40
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
Goat cheese can have a strong smell, but great goat cheese, freshly made, can have the worst smell of all cheeses but taste the greatest.

Yes. I used to find the smell repulsive, which made me want to avoid it. But I've been told that no matter how bad a cheese smells, you just have to forget about the smell and taste it.
Quote:
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one
Old 2011-06-06, 23:11
Okay.

Has anyone here ever tried Ethiopian food?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 2011-06-07, 02:06
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

That sounds like the opening of a joke for Ethronopian chicken.

Old 2011-06-07, 06:06
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz906

Refraining from obvious joke.. I have not, though I hear its good. About a year ago I got lost while driving through LA and found "Little Ethiopia" and it was packed with intriguing restaurants. I would have stopped and ate if I wasn't late for something.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Old 2011-06-07, 06:59
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz906

Dude you gotta get some banana leaves and damp some fish in it then serve it with cous cous. Ladies will give you sexy time all night long

R.I.P moe
Old 2011-06-07, 07:50
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
I have not

Neither have they! lolol
Quote:
Quote: