User Name
Password

Old 2011-03-02, 07:11
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
Quote:
Originally Posted by DameFraMorkum
Yeah chicken and waffles is staple comfort food for the south. Especially for black people! If you live anywhere near NYC, go to Harlem. Walk 2 blocks anywhere. Eat chicken and waffles.

Personally I think that sounds like a terrible combination but I've never tried it.

Yeah, I never got that one. Chicken is okay and so are waffles, but they just don't go together. I like combining chicken with fish or seafood, though. Anyone else do that?
Old 2011-03-02, 09:38
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
Quote:
Originally Posted by drawn&quartered
There actually is a place that serves chicken and waffles? Please tell me its fried chicken. This is an urban legend come true for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
Yeah, I never got that one. Chicken is okay and so are waffles, but they just don't go together. I like combining chicken with fish or seafood, though. Anyone else do that?

What Dame said and it is fucking incredible if they do it well. My favorite fried chicken and waffles are from Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. Fuckin' stellar.

Its usually steak and seafood for most surf-and-turfs I've eaten. Can't think of ever seeing it with chicken.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey

Last edited by Dyldo : 2011-03-02 at 09:41.
Old 2011-03-02, 11:59
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
You've never had scratch-n-scales? Amazing.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2011-03-02, 12:11
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Scratch-n-scales is the least appetizing sounding thing I've ever heard. Worst than smegma cream.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Old 2011-03-02, 12:28
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
Cool! I just made it up. I should serve that at Sam-n-Ella's Restaurant.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Old 2011-03-02, 13:10
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
What Dame said and it is fucking incredible if they do it well. My favorite fried chicken and waffles are from Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. Fuckin' stellar.

Its usually steak and seafood for most surf-and-turfs I've eaten. Can't think of ever seeing it with chicken.

I love bovine flesh for lunch and dinner, but don't like my beef with seafood. I love chicken with some light, white fish like tilapia or some shellfish like scallops, crab, or lobster. FWIW, I'm not talking about fried chicken; I hate fried chicken. I'm talking whole chicken breast, baked or broiled. I don't like wings or drumsticks, and I don't like my chicken breaded, either. Just plain, whole chicken breasts, sometimes with some pepper (or garlic pepper) and a light dusting of basil and parsley.

I should mention I'm not much of cook just in case my preferred diet doesn't make that fact obvious enough.
Old 2011-03-02, 13:23
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Who doesn't like fried chicken? I knew you weren't black!

I've never been big on tilapia.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Old 2011-03-02, 14:04
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Well fuck my ass, I have to have chicken and waffles now. Colorado does not have that obviously. Fried chicken is great, I just don't have it a lot.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2011-03-02, 19:25
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Who doesn't like fried chicken? I knew you weren't black!

I know, right? One of my first cousins on my coloured side hates watermelon, and even more strangely, his brother LOVES hockey. Seriously. I routinely remind him that, were he to show up to an actual Bruins game, he would not be allowed in, but he will quickly point out the two token black guys in the NHL at whatever point I antagonized him as evidence to the contrary. I still don't think they would let him in, though.

I seriously can't stand fried chicken, too. I love watermelon, but rarely eat it. Cookies are better and cheaper and, if I'm going to indulge in something saturated in sugars, it better fucking be a cookie.

Quote:
I've never been big on tilapia.

A lot of people find tilapia to be plain and flavorless, but I fucking love it. To me it has a subdued but very textured, crab-like taste to it. I know a few other people who find the same taste in it. I also try to eat fish that can withstand more harvest pillaging than, say, my other favorite fish, like salmon and swordfish. Tilapia fits that bill nicely.
Old 2011-03-02, 19:57
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to DameFraMorkum Send a message via MSN to DameFraMorkum
One of my favorite things in the world is tilapia breaded with italian breadcrumbs with toasted pine nut lemon butter sauce. Tilapia kind of reminds me of trout.
Old 2011-03-02, 20:28
Post-whore

Quote:
A lot of people find tilapia to be plain and flavorless, but I fucking love it. To me it has a subdued but very textured, crab-like taste to it. I know a few other people who find the same taste in it. I also try to eat fish that can withstand more harvest pillaging than, say, my other favorite fish, like salmon and swordfish. Tilapia fits that bill nicely.

Crab, really?
Old 2011-03-02, 21:17
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undying_Hatred
Crab, really?

To me, yes. You don't have to agree, I already know most people won't.
Old 2011-03-03, 01:15
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Fried chicken and waffles definitely go together. This is one time that Chris is definitively wrong (there are many other times as well). I am speaking as a Chef, right now, but also as a resident of Harlem. That makes me qualified twice over, whereas Chris is neither a Chef nor black.
Old 2011-03-03, 03:45
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

We fished for tilapia in the Salton Sea in California. In fact, that was the first fish my eldest son ever caught, and Bob was only a few weeks old. I can't remember eating any of them because they seemed pretty small, but I've bought them since and they're pretty good. Not as good as Lake Erie perch or walleye, but they're good.

Old 2011-03-03, 07:38
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Nobody who's not from Ohio knows what a walleye is. When Michael Symon got his recipe for walleye into a national food magazine, they called it 'walleyed pike,' which is just nonsense.

Tilapia in general don't grow very big, and it's fairly unlikely that anybody here has eaten one that was actually caught, unless they did the catching themselves, because tilapia is one of the most farmable, and therefore most heavily farmed, fishes in the world. There's a reason that, when I worked in fairly shitty restaurants, tilapia was frequently on the menu or run as a special, and now that I work in decent ones it's nowhere to be seen.

But it's not a bad fish, per se.
Old 2011-03-03, 09:39
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Are you from Ohio? gotcha Yeah, Canucks know pike, walleye, pickerel - they're good tasting fish with teeth. Very metal fish.

Old 2011-03-03, 10:11
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:

Yeah, I find it pretty bland. Its not bad or anything, but it really doesn't, to me, have much of its own flavor at all. I don't see the crab, but I've only had it maybe 2 or 3 times so next time it comes my way I'll look out for that crabbycrab taste.

Also, it sounds like Rich is more black than you. At least from the waist up.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Old 2011-03-03, 14:26
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
Are you from Ohio? gotcha Yeah, Canucks know pike, walleye, pickerel - they're good tasting fish with teeth. Very metal fish.

Is that somehow considered a strongly regional thing? Chain pickerel and pike are hugely popular sport fish here in Mass and there are a few spots with walleye, too. Freshwater fishing is huge out here, and unlike shitty Ohio, we have an OCEAN, too; replete with bays, coves, inlets, salt marshes, brackish marshes, brackish cricks, and the like.

So in summary, fuck your fish, fuck your midwest pride (VIVA LA COSTA!), fuck the Indians, fuck the Reds, Browns, Bengals, Cavs, Blue Jackets, Mud Hens, and Buckeyes. Fuck Bob Hope, Jerry Springer, Halle Berry, George Clooney, Woody Harrelson, Fred Willard, Corporal Klinger, Drew Carey, Rob Lowe, Alan Ruck, Martin Sheen, and Molly Shannon.

Also, fuck Indiana for being gross enough to touch you guys, and by virtue, all of its wildlife, personalities, and sports teams as well.

Quote:
Yeah, I find it pretty bland. Its not bad or anything, but it really doesn't, to me, have much of its own flavor at all. I don't see the crab, but I've only had it maybe 2 or 3 times so next time it comes my way I'll look out for that crabbycrab taste.

I would buy them frozen from the seafood deli here at any supermarket in SE Mass and then just throw them in the oven for a while. Not sure if it makes a difference how you prepare it, but it might help knowing I cooked it the laziest, least involved way possible.

Quote:
Also, it sounds like Rich is more black than you. At least from the waist up.

Rich is a fucking Jewbie. That's the least black you could possibly get, even less than Scandinavian or Korean. Don't let the vaunted Jewfro fool you, it's not even close.
Old 2011-03-04, 04:50
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

You're just jealous because you don't have any 35 foot long sturgeons in Massachuchie. And you see that it has Massa in it? (clears throat) I agree about the Indiana part though. They should just go away and let the Yoopers move down.

You forgot Urban Meyer, Erma Bombeck, Bob Hope, Phyllis Diller, Tim Conway, Carmen Electra, Dean Martin, and Phil Keaggy. Halle Berry, Neil Armstrong, James Thurber, R.L. Stine, Roy Rogers, Ron Jeremy, Maynard from Tool, Chryssie Hynde from Pretenders, Marilyn Manson, Devo, Trent Reznor, Frankie Yankovich, and numerous Mafia members who I don't personally know, but know they're there.

People there just haven't migrated this way yet. The did it for several hundred years, but lost their maps and for got which way the sun rises so they got stuck on the coast. Here, our Jewish Museums embrace the Civil Rights movements, too, because they're so closely linked.

Old 2011-03-04, 07:00
Vaginal Warts

Send a message via AIM to JoeYngVai
Quote:

I used to eat a lot of Talapia. Love it. I enjoy lots of things that people consider bland. But that is because they just have fucked up and incorrect taste-buds, LIKE DYLAN.

Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!

R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.