Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Vocal Zone
User Name
Password

Old 2004-11-26, 08:34
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

Send a message via Yahoo to The Doctor
who's in a band?

i kinda wondered who actually sings in a band here. I sing in a Motorhead tribute band, hasnt got much to do with the classical stuff. But i get classical singing lessons at school.
Old 2004-11-26, 17:14
New Blood

I sing in a heavy/thrash band called Writhen, fairly new, but we're gaining popularity slowly over here (the worst place to start a metal band...)
Old 2004-11-26, 17:35
MotörCat

Send a message via AIM to guitar_demon Send a message via MSN to guitar_demon
in california? i thought thay had a really good underground metal scence there
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!
Old 2004-11-26, 17:50
Supreme Metalhead

Why? Is there some reason you'd associate a good thrash scene with California?

They're supposed to have a good scene within certain parameters. I don't remember what they are. But I think that you're meant to feel that, whatever town you live in, happens to be the worst place to start up a metal band.
Old 2004-11-26, 17:52
MotörCat

oh, i didnt notice the thrash part. well i have heard from several people over there that the death metal scene is hot anyway...but i havnt been there in like 10 years so i can neither confirm nor deny...

Old 2004-11-26, 18:03
Supreme Metalhead

It probably varies from city to city, anyway. Death metal doesn't really seem to have a focal point in the US anymore.

How's the scene in &#26132&#26132? Still as good as I remember it?

Oh, and to keep the thread on topic: I have sung in a band, and would again, but at the moment I am bandless.
Old 2004-11-26, 18:07
MotörCat

uh the scene sucks theres like 10 people....haha

i used to "growl" when me and a few freinds would jam out cause there were shy as hell and wouldnt sing and make an ass out of themselves

Old 2004-11-26, 19:07
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Dystopia
Me and my friend Adam are starting a joke band called Project Blowjob. Or at least it was a joke band, where we tried to suck, but then two people came to our practice and said we were good soooo....

Anyways, I drum and do lead vocals. I need to teach my friend how to growl/scream. Our plan was to get a drummer so I could take the mic and run around as just a singer (more fun).
Old 2004-11-27, 05:13
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Credit to Dementia
Why? Is there some reason you'd associate a good thrash scene with California?

They're supposed to have a good scene within certain parameters. I don't remember what they are. But I think that you're meant to feel that, whatever town you live in, happens to be the worst place to start up a metal band.

Well, bay area thrash is coming back believe it or not, except not as huge as it was during Metallica days, those lucky bastards.

Heavy metal scene seems to be swinging back around all over north america, it's very present in CA indeed, just better in sertain regions.

To tell you the truth, San Fran has to be one of the best places to start anything, because of the wide culture, and acceptance of almost any culture, but unfortunately we don't live there... so we have to deal with the place where we do live, which is nu-metal and hardcore riden. Hardcore is slowly going away, but this place (Fresno), has been the pinacle of hardcore for a loooong time, but now it's moving toward metalcore and grindcore, none of which I admire.
But the promissing thing is that there's a lot of people who are fed up with all of this around here, and are looking for a good all around metal band with a scence of something new, keeping the old roots, and this is where we step in. The only problem is that we just started in the local scene, and it's hard geting noticed because of the crappy selection of public places to play at, most of them are in areas where people wouldn't want to go unless they were payed to, which is upsetting and sad that the rest of this city (which is so wide spread) doesn't have any decent venues in the nicer, more metal friendly, areas.

Anyhow, that's my rant on that, sorry if it's too long, just couldn't resist explaining why Fresno CA sucks so much (but it's getting better... no matter how hard it is for me to admit this).

Well, I'll get you guys some tracks of Writhen's demo sometime, although the voice on there is not mine (I hate it...), and it hurts to know that I sound so much better live, and how much we screwed up this first demo.
Old 2004-11-28, 16:44
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

The band that I'm in right now, me and the bass player split our songs in half, he sings on like 2, and I sing the other 2. And we have one old school thrash that we both sing on.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx
Old 2004-12-01, 19:45
Senior Metalhead

I sing and play guitar in my band Sufferance. We've got a demo out now and have opened for Kataclysm, Axis of Advance, Rites of thy Degringolade, Three Inches Of Blood, and Cryptopsy. We've been called black/thrash by most people, and have been compared to Dissection, Kreator, Sodom and Satyricon.

As for the local scenes, it always comes and goes in waves. We got a pretty good one going one here in Alberta at the moment.
- Sadistik Exekution
Fuck Off And Die!
- Voivod
Fuck NS Black Metal
- Me
Old 2004-12-01, 21:06
Forum Leader

...gotta a drummer now....
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
Old 2004-12-02, 02:55
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to SmotPoker
Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
...gotta a drummer now....

Grats to you
I find it hard as hell to find decent musicians to play with in vegas. Hopefuly ill have better luck all the way the fuck across the states in North Carolina, I'm moving there in January. Anyone know anything about the metal scene there, ill be living about 20-30 minutes from Rowly?( i think thats how its spelled)
Old 2004-12-02, 10:13
Forum Leader

The metal scene here in jerkwater city, (Denton, North of Dallas-TX) is pretty scarce. Yes there are a ton of metalheads, but they seem to always hide in their own little corners and not let it be known. Every once in a while I can see a cool dude with long hair and a Morbid Angel shirt, but it would be too weird to run up to one of 'em and exclaim, "hey, are you cool? I'm into metal too!!!! Wow, wanna start a band with me?."

This is my band's page
Old 2004-12-02, 15:50
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to SmotPoker
Maybe try hanging out at guitar center and talking to people every once in a while. Here they have a bulliten board at the back of the store where the lesson rooms are, theres a lot of fliers about bands looking for members there. most of em are bullshit though, I met one dude that was legit though. we jammed for a while but didnt really work out for too long.
Old 2004-12-02, 18:06
New Blood

those bulliten boards don't work at all. Over here people seem to either ignore them, or plainly too lazy to call, or they think that they're gods and everyone is below their supreme level, or they're 12 years old...

Yea, they're all a bit lame about it, but I think you get more assholes than legit people through that process.
Old 2004-12-03, 23:44
Senior Metalhead

i also play guitar and "sing" in the band i'm with, mostly growls and barked vocals. my clean voice sounds too much like the load years of metallica.
Originally Posted by Righteous_Death
Black Sabbath are so good, so I wouldnt say anything to disrespect them.
Cunt face.

Rest in Peace Dime, thank you for changing my world on vulgar display of power, thank you for being my next step after sabbath, and thank you for inspiring me to pick up that guitar and learn some heavy fucking metal \m/ your memory will live on forever
Old 2004-12-05, 01:07
New Blood

i play guitar and sing in my band, my vocals are basically bodom screaming, deicide growling, and megadeth thrash vocals, we are just a thrash black metal band were just starting to get are shit together and about to go record a demo and play shows
Old 2004-12-05, 02:27
STUFFED ANIMAL ORGY

Send a message via ICQ to BLS Send a message via AIM to BLS Send a message via Yahoo to BLS
I do backup growls every now and then but thats about it.

"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
08/20/66 - 12/08/04

R.I.P.
Old 2004-12-05, 22:49
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
it would be too weird to run up to one of 'em and exclaim, "hey, are you cool? I'm into metal too!!!! Wow, wanna start a band with me?."

Haha that happened to my friend