MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2010-08-31, 14:43
SuNioj0369
Supreme Metalhead

Cab with only three speakers

I just bought a KMD 4x12 cab which is missing the bottom right speaker and the top right speaker might be blown. Is there a possibility that this lack of speakers could blow my head? The head is an Ampeg VH-140C which reads "70 watts RMS @ 8 Ohms//4 Ohms total load impedence"

Old 2010-09-01, 16:18
the_bleeding
Post-whore

solid state amps typically ignore impedance rules. But just incase, you might want to check the wiring and make sure the imedance is between 8 and 4.

And even if it does blow, SS amps are a lot easier to fix than tube amps because they dont blow a monster output transformer that will cost you an arm and a leg.
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!

Old 2010-09-03, 15:00
SuNioj0369
Supreme Metalhead

Thanks dude. Yea, I already played through it a little bit and it's fine for now. I just don't wanna destroy anything right after I finally put together a full rig for the first time in almost 10 years.