MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands

Old 2010-08-25, 23:01
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Dax Riggs - Say Goodnight To The World

I'm a huge Dax fan, so I was really anticipating the release of this record. It took me a few spins to warm up to it and once I did I found myself enjoying the majority of it. There are a few tracks that I find myself skipping and due to its short length I'm worried about how it'll hold up after a few dozen more spins. I don't like it as much as We Only Sing Of Blood Or Love, his last release, but I've also had much more time with that album.

Over all, as of now, I'm giving it a 7/10. However, if I wasn't a big Dax fan, I'd probably bring it down to a 6.

If you haven't heard of any of Dax's stuff since Acid Bath, don't expect Acid Bath. While its still dark (though not as morbid), it isn't metal. Its more Dark-Rocky-Bluesy-ish.

Personally, my favorite stuff of his since Acid Bath disbanded has been his live acoustic stuff. That shit can get seriously haunting and its very raw and bare as its just his vocals and some power chords in the distance. Actually, nowadays, most of my favorite songs/versions are from his live performances. I've listened to the live stuff obsessively. I was disappointed to find that a lot of the newer stuff he's been doing live didn't end up on the new record.

I'm seeing him on the 9th and I'm incredibly excited about it as he's one of my favorite singers.

He's got 3 new tracks up on his myspace, along with some other good ones. Worth checking out if you've never heard: http://www.myspace.com/daxriggs

Siiighhh... I'm still praying in vain for an Acid Bath reunion.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Dyldo : 2010-08-25 at 23:07.