MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 2010-06-04, 17:31
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
I don't think I have any Stones albums of any kind. I only had a couple 45's when I had those. Not a Stones fan.

Dyl'- I asked my husband how they were made for sure and it was pretty much the way I remembered. Here's a couple links that explain.

http://www.audiophilelps.com/
http://www.audioinvest.no/tt_vinyl/suprdisc/omr_sd.htm

And then there was quadraphonic sound which was something my old choir director had in his incredible attic of thousands of albums, tapes, and equipment. Certain albums were made to have different parts come through 4 different speakers. It was pretty cool, too. That was something else that was album specific.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2010-08-03, 03:49
Supreme Metalhead

Send a message via MSN to deMANUfacture
ive got tonnes of the stuff....lionel richie,prince,dragon,pink floyd,jimi hendrix,cold chisel. it goes for days. this stuff is where its at
Old 2010-11-23, 15:43
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
A friend of mine has a shit-load of Metallica vinyls, although I don't think he has a record player.

I picked up 'kill 'em all' on vinyl, just for old times sake.

Also found some ZZ Top, W.A.S.P. and 'Love ballads' by the Scorpions.

On another note, I 'discovered' a band called 'Bodine', it's a Dutch metal band that operated in the early 80's. I was actually impressed, great dual guitar riffs, very melodic but edgy like Judas Priest at that time.

I went out an searched for all their albums, finding 2 out of 3 on vinyl. I don't think any CD's were ever released..

They have a special vibe. I don't know if anyone here knows Vandenberg, their best known song is 'burning heart'. Adriaan van den Berg also played in Whitesnake... He's Dutch and he f'king rules. Shame he injured his wrist so he had to give up his spot in Whitesnake to that cunt Steve Vai..
Old 2011-05-03, 04:15
Okay.

Send a message via MSN to blitz906 Send a message via Yahoo to blitz906
Vinyl definitely does have a certain magical vibe that you just can't get from CD's. It's hard to describe, but it just has a much 'warmer' sound. Vinyl definitely has more low-frequency response too. I remember even when I was very young I noticed how much the bass would boom when my dad would play vinyl albums, and it sounded fucking awesome! Haha. CD's just don't have that deep warm sound. To this day he will only listen to albums on vinyl. I don't mind CD's, metal sounds okay on CD's in my opinion. I do collect vinyl, but that's only limited to old punk, because CD's just can't capture the raw energy of those old punk bands like vinyl can.

Oh, and just for the record, NOT British punk. British punk generally fucking sucked
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one
Old 2011-05-13, 13:12
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to xgrafcorex Send a message via Yahoo to xgrafcorex
Hah I loves me some vinyl. Had a small stack of records but they all got warped while I was moving. They were in my car down in FL where it gets plenty hot. Actually, I think I was leaving basstendencies house when I first discovered they were warped.
Old 2011-05-13, 13:29
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
can you reflatten them? I don't remember if that works or not. Or you can make lots of warped bowls from them or mod art pieces for the walls or ceiling.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Old 2011-05-13, 13:38
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to xgrafcorex Send a message via Yahoo to xgrafcorex
I don't think it would work. You'd have to get them perfectly (or as close to as possible) flat without damaging the grooves at all.
Old 2011-05-14, 04:38
Okay.

Send a message via MSN to blitz906 Send a message via Yahoo to blitz906
That sucks xgraf

That's the only shitty thing about vinyl, it's so goddamn sensitive. Can't expose it to heat or cold, and they cannot be stacked on top of each other. I won't order vinyl over the internet during the winter because it will get exposed to extreme cold in the back of the delivery truck. Same with heat, during a hot summer I'll put off ordering vinyl until the weather is a little more moderate to avoid it being inside the back of a hot delivery vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz906
I do collect vinyl, but that's only limited to old punk

Scratch that (no pun intended ) I just remembered that I have Filosofem on vinyl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one
Old 2011-05-14, 12:01
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

What we used to do with ours was tape them as soon as we got them and then put them back in storage so they didn't get scratched. Our system sounded great and I know there were others that surpassed it, but the tapes would sound as awesome as the records.