MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Bass Zone

Old 2010-05-23, 00:28
Midnight Empire
Senior Metalhead

good bass setup for death metal

I play in a pretty professional band and am looking to upgrade from my p.o.s. GK goldline cab and backline 300 head. My guitarist, who is pretty knowledgeable only recommends me mesa. I'd like to know some other options since I don't feel like forking out $1000 right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
What does "phag" stand for?

Old 2010-05-23, 09:00
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Ampegs are also extremely good bass amps. Alex Webster for example plays one. Check out their SVT series

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-05-24, 13:21
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

I'd also vote for Ampeg. Used 8x10's usually aren't hard to find. Their head's are fairly expensive though, although should last a very long time. I have an Ampeg 6x10 and an Ampeg SVT Classic head. I got a wicked deal for them off ebay. Both were new, and after shipping/taxes I believe the amp was around $800cdn and the head was $1300. If you see something like this used though, you can pretty much half those prices.

Edit - Also, I must say Ampeg can produce an amazing tone with can fit a multitude of genres. Their solid-state SVT 3-SVT4 series are very versatile. The SVT Classic can produce wonderful tones as well. I have a very similar tone to Alex Webster(very clicky and warm), although that may also be because of the Spector bass.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l...th/DSCN0080.jpg

The amp before this, my first, was a Peavey Microbass. haha. It was well worth the investment. Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Last edited by BassBehemoth : 2010-05-24 at 13:31.

Old 2010-05-29, 23:01
Midnight Empire
Senior Metalhead

I only need 4 10's really. We have a killer PA system and most of the places we gig at have PAs. I have gigged with a buddies 8x10 setup and it totally destroyed my guitarists which is funny because I do most of the shredding(who the fuck says bassits can't shred?) Anyways, thanks a lot for the advice. I'm probably gonna go ampeg for the cabinet not sure about the head though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
What does "phag" stand for?

Old 2011-05-26, 19:28
oddball
New Blood

I play an Ibanez SR405qm 5 string through a Acoustic B600h (600watt) head through two Acoustic B410 (4x10 lol ) cabs Monster proline bass cables and Monster proline speaker cables Boss bass eq And a classic Morley crome Vol pedal.

no Dist. or overdrive just clean (Alex webster does the same thing)