Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 2010-04-29, 12:52
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
The lady who did the voice of LuAnne died toward the end of production, I believe. I could be wrong.
Fuck, you're right; she died of pneumonia. She was replaced with another actress, though. Apparently the show was cancelled because of declining ratings. It was my hope that it'd receive a boost from DVD sales, as was the case with Family Guy, but the fuckers won't release the last several seasons on DVD over here. The ratings were so low that they don't feel it's worth the effort haha, fuck sake.

I think KotH is an extremely underrated show. Its humour is much more subtle than most people expect from a cartoon, which is what I'm assuming turned people off to it. It's one of the most consistently funny shows, too. Oh well, RIP.

I watched all of the currently available episodes of Breaking Bad in like 2 days. It's fucking gripping stuff, even though the believability of the plot is stretched at certain points. I think the show gets away with a lot of the sillier moments by reminding us of the fact that the main character thinks he's going to die in a year or two, so he therefore has license to do crazy shit without fear, but the performances are strong enough to patch up any cracks. I was happy to see Danny Trejo pop up for a few episodes, the guy's a fucking legend.

The scene showing the Mexican religious ritual of crawling to the altar of a death saint, and watching the two psychopathic hitmen taking part, was transcendent. I actually got an erection.

I've been looking into buying the show's DVDs or Blu-rays, but the UK has only got the first series so far. In this day and age I can't understand region restrictions on digital media, especially when most DVD players can have their restrictions easily disabled.

Gonna watch the new South Park episode tonight, Jimmy and Timmy star in this one, it's gotta be good.
Old 2010-04-29, 14:42
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
I watched all of the currently available episodes of Breaking Bad in like 2 days. It's fucking gripping stuff, even though the believability of the plot is stretched at certain points. I think the show gets away with a lot of the sillier moments by reminding us of the fact that the main character thinks he's going to die in a year or two, so he therefore has license to do crazy shit without fear, but the performances are strong enough to patch up any cracks. I was happy to see Danny Trejo pop up for a few episodes, the guy's a fucking legend.

The scene showing the Mexican religious ritual of crawling to the altar of a death saint, and watching the two psychopathic hitmen taking part, was transcendent. I actually got an erection.

I've been looking into buying the show's DVDs or Blu-rays, but the UK has only got the first series so far. In this day and age I can't understand region restrictions on digital media, especially when most DVD players can have their restrictions easily disabled.

Gonna watch the new South Park episode tonight, Jimmy and Timmy star in this one, it's gotta be good.

Aahh, very happy to hear that you're into it. The show is like an top-notch blowjob. How much do you love seeing Bob Odenkirk, too? He's fucking great.

So was the last episode you watched the one that ended with the black Pollos dude trying to make a deal for the hit-man to not kill Walt? That's the most recent episode. I'm not sure how quickly they become available to you.

I actually just read an article the other day in the paper about those two hit-man, and the one with the tattoos is actually an ex-convict who had been in jail for a pretty long time, and sometime after he had recently gotten out someone spotted him and gave him the job.

Quote:

It was just alright. If you've ever watched the show Intervention you'll smirk through it.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Old 2010-04-29, 15:00
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
How much do you love seeing Bob Odenkirk, too?
FUUUUUCK!! I just realised that's the guy from Mr. Show! The man's a fucking genius, Saul is one of the most despicable yet loveable cunts on TV now that George Bush is out of office. I miss his sitcom...what was it called, State of the Union? Classic.

South Park is generally a smirkfest these days
Old 2010-04-29, 16:49
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to DameFraMorkum Send a message via MSN to DameFraMorkum
Quote:
I think KotH is an extremely underrated show. Its humour is much more subtle than most people expect from a cartoon, which is what I'm assuming turned people off to it. It's one of the most consistently funny shows, too. Oh well, RIP.

I agree 100%, Office Space did terribly at the box office when it was released for that very reason and now it's become a classic. Funny how Beavis and Butthead was so instant gratification in-your-face and then Office Space and KotH were so subdued, though no less funny. Definitely one of my favorite TV shows, there's just something about it. It's very comforting to watch for some reason.
Old 2010-04-29, 21:38
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DameFraMorkum
I agree 100%, Office Space did terribly at the box office when it was released for that very reason and now it's become a classic. Funny how Beavis and Butthead was so instant gratification in-your-face and then Office Space and KotH were so subdued, though no less funny. Definitely one of my favorite TV shows, there's just something about it. It's very comforting to watch for some reason.
Yes! Oh GOD yes! I think the comforting feeling probably came from the "wholesomeness" of Hank, trying to hold together the fraying ends of decency and oldschool American values. It's like, the world's alright with Hank, so have a beer and don't talk about your feelings haha.

Every time Bobby did something a little bit effeminate or wimpish Hank's facial expression and troubled sigh would set me off. It never got old. His impatience with Luanne's stupidity was more or less the same deal.

This week's South Park was pretty good, I thought. I was delighted to see Nathan's character again, he needs to be in more episodes. Cartman's speech during the intervention was definitely a highlight.
Old 2010-04-30, 08:08
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
The best part of KotH is Bob sounds like Hank Hill when he's making a point about something. Hey, maybe he's turning into a cartoon with his voice like Hank's and his Meg tattoos. He's sort of built like that bulldog bodybuilder from the old 1940's and 50's cartoons.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2010-05-02, 01:09
Vaginal Warts

Send a message via AIM to JoeYngVai
The voice of Bobby was also the voice of Pajama Sam... dunno if any of you played those games as youngsters.

Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!

R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.
Old 2010-05-04, 19:03
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
You played some weird games.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2010-05-04, 19:27
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeYngVai
The voice of Bobby was also the voice of Pajama Sam... dunno if any of you played those games as youngsters.

Ooh! Is that the game where Uncle touches you while in your PJs and you have to see who can keep it a secret the longest? I was the best at the game. Uncle Rick could never beat me, I still haven't told a soul. Haha!
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey
Old 2010-05-05, 01:23
Vaginal Warts

Send a message via AIM to JoeYngVai
Yea I lost and told my parents, then I never saw Uncle George again

Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!

R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.
Old 2010-05-05, 08:33
Post-whore

Don't think I've posted what shows I like in this thread, so here's my list. Obviously anime is excluded.

The Office
South Park
Family Guy
America's Next Top Model
America's Best Dance Crew
Mighty Boosh
That 70's Show
and a bunch of other shit

The only show I frequently tune in for is The Office.
Old 2010-05-05, 08:39
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
Don't think I've posted what shows I like in this thread, so here's my list. Obviously anime is excluded.

America's Next Top Model
America's Best Dance Crew

How to be gay

R.I.P moe
Old 2010-05-05, 12:07
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to DameFraMorkum Send a message via MSN to DameFraMorkum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
How to be gay

AHAHAHAHAHA... I'm a chick and I don't even watch that garbage.
Old 2010-05-05, 15:17
Quantum.

Yea, but then metal chicks are a special breed. I can still smile at the memory of a pal of mine trying to toe flirt with one once, whom absentmindedly nailed his foot to the floor with a heavy boot.

Alright, if we're talking TV, I just have to ask - is there anyone out there who share my nerdy fascination for the Stargate series?

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein
Old 2010-05-06, 08:56
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
Alright, if we're talking TV, I just have to ask - is there anyone out there who share my nerdy fascination for the Stargate series?

My brother. I watched a few episodes but it bored me a little bit

R.I.P moe
Old 2010-05-06, 10:32
Quantum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
My brother. I watched a few episodes but it bored me a little bit

Haha, yeah, like I said, it's a bit of a nerd thing. The first thing that caught me up in it was the fact that even while they push, drag and stretch the realm of possibility beyond recognition, it's quite rare that I can nail them down on a specific scientific error. And like any long running show, it's carried by the cast.

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein
Old 2010-05-14, 21:40
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

The "One Minute" episode of Breaking Bad was fucking intense. Probably the best episode so far.

I've noticed that I've grown to dislike Walter White and Jesse Pinkman a great deal. Jesse is even more of a bratty cunt and Walt is completely unsympathetic, and seems to be turning into a soulless, self-serving manipulator. I actually want to see him get caught, but then there'd be no show...

I've been watching House for a while now, I'm on series four (my bro has the DVD boxset, just working my way through 'em). I didn't think I'd be into it, but I'm hooked, and I think Hugh Laurie has a lot to do with that. That said, it's incredibly formulaic, which is irritating. They come up with a few flimsy diagnoses at the beginning which no one expects to work, then half way through the episode they all agree on a diagnosis that they think HAS to work but given that there's still 20 minutes left in the episode you know it's not gonna, then House will be talking to someone about something arbitrary and they'll say something like "...and then I broke it off inside and had to call a vet" which will cause House to stare off into space for a second, like he's just had an idea, which he then translates into something medicalish which becomes the final diagnosis. The show very rarely deviates from this pattern, and you can see the cardiac arrests and comas coming a mile off.

Still good, though.
Old 2010-06-07, 19:02
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Paddy, have you watched the latest Breaking Bad yet (episode before season finale)? That ending was fucking intense! Kind of left field and I still don't know how I feel about it, but it should make for an interesting finale. Christ.

Quote:
The "One Minute" episode of Breaking Bad was fucking intense. Probably the best episode so far.

I've noticed that I've grown to dislike Walter White and Jesse Pinkman a great deal. Jesse is even more of a bratty cunt and Walt is completely unsympathetic, and seems to be turning into a soulless, self-serving manipulator. I actually want to see him get caught, but then there'd be no show...

Jesse has been annoying the shit out of me ever sense season two. He's a great character though. I'm on different level with Walt, or I have been, especially because of how Skyler treats him and the situation. She's a fucking cunt.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so ronrey

Last edited by Dyldo : 2010-06-07 at 19:05.
Old 2010-06-08, 10:33
Die Young.

I just read this entire thread now. lol. I'm also a huge fan of Breaking Bad. There have been some really good moments in Season 3.

Does anyone like Californication? I don't think there was an episode that didn't give me an erection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.
Old 2010-06-08, 10:42
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to Wolfsherz
LOVE IT, love everything about it.

But mostly the uhm, dialogue, hum.

No for real, it's all witty to the point it loses its credibility but in a show like this it's not even a concern. Great soundtrack aswell.

YOU CAN'T, ALWAYS GET, WHATCHU WOO-OAANT

Aosoth - New album III out now on Agonia Recs
Epoch - bass, guitars, drums, MetaStasizing out asap
Asphixa - bass, demo out asap
Adustum - bass, guitars, full length out soon on XXXXXXXXXX recs

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Tetianblood? ... Well, 'Necrosemen' to you too. Twat.