MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 2010-04-23, 08:41
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX L,B'XXX is offline
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,880
Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
Any Mystery Science Theater fans?


0o0o0!!! I used to love that!!! If you're talking about the one with Tom Servo.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 2010-04-23, 11:00
PST 88's Avatar
PST 88 PST 88 is offline
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,982
I want to check out Treme.

That is all.

Also, everybody quit being gay.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 2010-04-23, 14:26
Paddy Paddy is offline
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia
FAMILY GUY, other Fox cartoons
Family Guy was my favourite 'toon for years, but after around season 5 I realised that Seth MacFarlane is a talentless, hacky cunt. I still watch it though

Do you watch American Dad? I think it's far more consistent than Family Guy, even though it's virtually the same show haha.

The Cleveland Show is probably the worst cartoon I've ever seen. Out of all of the characters Family Guy has Cleveland is the last one I would have given his own show! The bear who lives next-door to him is fucking insufferable, too. I mean, I fucking hate him and his stupid fucking voice with a PASSION.

I don't even bother watching The Simpsons anymore, it's too painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
I want to check out Treme.

That is all.

Also, everybody quit being gay.
I hadn't heard of this until now, sounds interesting. I think there have only been two "serious" TV shows I've watched with any enthusiasm. The first was a British show called Cracker, about a criminal psychologist working with the cops to track down and interrogate killers (it had a brief and unsuccessful re-imagining in the States). Nice gritty depressing drama which gave me an excuse to stay up late on school nights in the early 90s. The second was The Sopranos, a show I put off watching until 2006 because I was convinced it was a shitty Goodfellas cash-in show for chest-beating wannabe gangster morons. Ahh I love being wrong! And I'm so good at it, too!

I tried getting into The Wire, because I'd heard amazing things about it, but I couldn't get through the first episode. I had a similar experience with Oz, although I watched about 5 or 6 episodes of that before giving up haha. Meh, I'm not sure what I actually want from a TV show, to be honest.

Any Frasier fans? I hate predictable, formulaic sitcoms like these, but I've been watching it with my dad and it's grown on me somewhat. It's certainly more watchable than Friends, Scrubs and similar cock-water.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 2010-04-23, 15:27
Dyldo's Avatar
Dyldo Dyldo is offline
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Californeeway
Posts: 7,909
Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
Paddy. Check out Breaking Bad.
__________________
Check my band out:
facebook.com/deadheadroses
deadheadroses.bandcamp.com
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 2010-04-23, 16:38
Paddy Paddy is offline
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,745
I'm intrigued, gonna download the first few episodes and see what's what.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 2010-04-23, 18:39
Dystopia's Avatar
Dystopia Dystopia is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,068
Send a message via AIM to Dystopia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Family Guy was my favourite 'toon for years, but after around season 5 I realised that Seth MacFarlane is a talentless, hacky cunt. I still watch it though

Do you watch American Dad? I think it's far more consistent than Family Guy, even though it's virtually the same show haha.

The Cleveland Show is probably the worst cartoon I've ever seen. Out of all of the characters Family Guy has Cleveland is the last one I would have given his own show! The bear who lives next-door to him is fucking insufferable, too. I mean, I fucking hate him and his stupid fucking voice with a PASSION.

I don't even bother watching The Simpsons anymore, it's too painful.


Yes, I DVR that shit. Cleveland show too, even though it is probably the most primitive (LOL GETITZ!!?) show on Fox, not counting boring reality shows.

The only good reality show I have ever seen is TUF, The Ultimate Fighter. They actually got a pretty fabulous gay guy on there this season. He does the lisp, the thing with the back of his wrist against his back hip, EVERYTHING! And this one black guy gets accused of stealing show. Meh, looking back and being a realist, that show is fucking gay, but all TV is a waste of time. Why else would we watch it?

Back to Family Guy, Cleveland Show, American Dad, ect. Seth McFar is a funny guy, but you know what? I'M a funny guy. Seinfeld is a funny guy. Kramer's funny. Ect. It just happens that Peter Griffin, Quagmire, Brian, Lois and Joe are all successful, and fruitful, characters created by the imagination of this one guy. He's made several episodes, and lots of money. That's how you do it. You wanna be like him? Start a web comic, then a Flash series. Adult Swim might give ya $500 for it eventually.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 2010-04-23, 19:04
Paddy Paddy is offline
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia
Yes, I DVR that shit. Cleveland show too, even though it is probably the most primitive (LOL GETITZ!!?) show on Fox, not counting boring reality shows.

The only good reality show I have ever seen is TUF, The Ultimate Fighter. They actually got a pretty fabulous gay guy on there this season. He does the lisp, the thing with the back of his wrist against his back hip, EVERYTHING! And this one black guy gets accused of stealing show. Meh, looking back and being a realist, that show is fucking gay, but all TV is a waste of time. Why else would we watch it?

Back to Family Guy, Cleveland Show, American Dad, ect. Seth McFar is a funny guy, but you know what? I'M a funny guy. Seinfeld is a funny guy. Kramer's funny. Ect. It just happens that Peter Griffin, Quagmire, Brian, Lois and Joe are all successful, and fruitful, characters created by the imagination of this one guy. He's made several episodes, and lots of money. That's how you do it. You wanna be like him? Start a web comic, then a Flash series. Adult Swim might give ya $500 for it eventually.
I think Seth reached a plateau several years ago, but up until that point his work was fresh and broke some new ground. That said, his Cavalcade of Cartoon Comedy was pretty solid. It's basically the same humour you'll find in Family Guy, but it's like a series of random "sketches" with no real narrative. Plenty of new characters and bizarre situations, and it even features a midget! SCORE! I think you can watch it in segments on YouTube if you're interested.

I don't watch UFC or TUF, it gets me riled up and then I realise that I'd probably die in two seconds in a real fight, and then I just feel depressed and emasculated. And horny.

I was a fan of Drawn Together when I first saw it, but I recently attempted to re-watch it and I didn't laugh once. Fucking shame, you'd think watching a cartoon pig have a wank would never get old. They released the Drawn Together movie this month, I have it on my hard drive, maybe it'll rekindle my interest.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 2010-04-23, 22:03
Paddy Paddy is offline
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
They released the Drawn Together movie this month, I have it on my hard drive, maybe it'll rekindle my interest.
It didn't.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 2010-04-24, 03:25
Dystopia's Avatar
Dystopia Dystopia is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,068
Send a message via AIM to Dystopia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
I don't watch UFC or TUF, it gets me riled up and then I realise that I'd probably die in two seconds in a real fight, and then I just feel depressed and emasculated. And horny.


This one time, one of the stoniest highs I had ever been... stoned?... I was watching UFC, or King of The Cage/Rumble on the Rock/Something, I was really stoned, and my hardass cousin was sitting on the couch next to me, and I got a boner while the two fighters were grappling, one taking the others back in the guard ect., and I think it may have been 'the urge to urinate', but I was too embarrassed to move and my face went red, and I had a boner (3-4 tenths). True story.

Oh, and I was LITERALLY worried that minute that I had the "gay gene." Serious.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 2010-04-24, 04:13
PST 88's Avatar
PST 88 PST 88 is offline
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,982
With regards to The Wire: It's really as good as TV gets. But it's hard to get into, because the story is the season, not the episode, and that's a really hard adjustment to make. The first episode of any given season is only interesting insofar as you're willing to see it as the opening chapter of a season-long novel, which is in a lot of ways radically different from the way you evaluate episodes of a TV show naturally.

Then again, you might just not like it. Because you're retarded.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 2010-04-24, 04:30
Gomli's Avatar
Gomli Gomli is offline
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ger., North
Posts: 2,593
!!AMERICAN GLADIAT0000R!!
__________________
C'est le chant des vieux arbres entonné pour toi,
Pour ces bois obscurs maintenant endormis.


R.I.P moe
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 2010-04-24, 07:47
L,B'XXX's Avatar
L,B'XXX L,B'XXX is offline
dsnt trust ne1 < 30
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Home is where the <3 is
Posts: 8,880
Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
We still watching The Simpsons, FG, AD, and TCS. Sometimes they all have their really bad moments, but sometimes they can be pretty amusing. Marge is my idol anyways so I still like watching her.
When my kids were younger I was one of those parents that wouldn't let them watch it, but they talked me into watching it with them once and I was hooked.
__________________
My eldest son's bipolar website: www.bipolarmanifesto.com

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 2010-04-24, 11:45
Paddy Paddy is offline
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia
This one time, one of the stoniest highs I had ever been... stoned?... I was watching UFC, or King of The Cage/Rumble on the Rock/Something, I was really stoned, and my hardass cousin was sitting on the couch next to me, and I got a boner while the two fighters were grappling, one taking the others back in the guard ect., and I think it may have been 'the urge to urinate', but I was too embarrassed to move and my face went red, and I had a boner (3-4 tenths). True story.

Oh, and I was LITERALLY worried that minute that I had the "gay gene." Serious.
Haha inconvenient/unwanted boners are an integral part of a healthy male lifestyle. I don't think getting a stiffy looking at a bloke makes you gay any more than getting a stiffy looking at a melon with a hole in it makes you a fruitosexual. At least that's what Big Bill, my personal ass-gaper, is always telling me.

I imagine watching two guys knock seven shades of shit out of each other is the last thing you'd want to do stoned, though. Aren't there better stoner shows that help you get the most out of the experience? I'm thinking Sesame Street, maybe even a lil' 70s SNL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
With regards to The Wire: It's really as good as TV gets. But it's hard to get into, because the story is the season, not the episode, and that's a really hard adjustment to make. The first episode of any given season is only interesting insofar as you're willing to see it as the opening chapter of a season-long novel, which is in a lot of ways radically different from the way you evaluate episodes of a TV show naturally.
It often pains me that I have such a fickle attention span. I'm thinking of giving this shit another go, because I feel like I'm missing out. I'm gonna give Breaking Bad a whirl first, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
Then again, you might just not like it. Because you're retarded.
Retarded is as retarded does, sir. And believe me, it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
We still watching The Simpsons, FG, AD, and TCS. Sometimes they all have their really bad moments, but sometimes they can be pretty amusing. Marge is my idol anyways so I still like watching her.
When my kids were younger I was one of those parents that wouldn't let them watch it, but they talked me into watching it with them once and I was hooked.
I think Marge is one of the most underrated characters The Simpsons has. She started out as a bit of a "straight woman", giving Homer and Bart something to bounce their zany whims off of (ewwww), but she started to get her own unique sense of humour in later seasons.

Moe is probably my favourite. The guy never fails to crack me up, he puts me in mind of myself 15 years from now, minus the job and the friends. Similarly, Bill Dauterive from King of the Hill (a fucking great show which the bastards CANCELLED ) is an alternative yet equally likely premonition of things to come

EDIT: I'm 4 episodes into Breaking Bad and I'm hooked. Thanks for the recommendation, Dylderton

Last edited by Paddy : 2010-04-25 at 15:35.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 2010-04-26, 12:23
Paddy Paddy is offline
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,745
The Simpsons have chimed in on the South Park/Muhammad bullshittery:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/04/26/s...ark-chalkboard/
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 2010-04-26, 13:36
TruthDevoid's Avatar
TruthDevoid TruthDevoid is offline
Drugged Unholy
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Philadelphia Area
Posts: 2,458
Breaking Bad is a very good show, it's too bad I don't watch enough TV to actually follow it. i saw the entire first season, and then just an episode here and there. Even so, it's a great show.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalThrashingMad
I don't know about you, but I deadlift because I strive to be the first human tree stump pulling machine


Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer_from_nihil
the song serial cocksucker changed my life


Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Are you going to snort cheap pharmaceutical drugs with your lizard as well?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 2010-04-26, 18:03
JoeYngVai's Avatar
JoeYngVai JoeYngVai is offline
Vaginal Warts
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: I live in a giant bucket.
Posts: 2,289
Send a message via AIM to JoeYngVai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Breaking Bad


Yes.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
The bottom of that 'Don't Click' picture is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. 'No, I really DO have a vagina! It's right here!'


Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!


R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 2010-04-26, 18:10
Chris Rezendes's Avatar
Chris Rezendes Chris Rezendes is offline
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Alone here, with emptiness, eagles, and snow...
Posts: 3,567
Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Chris, have you ever watched Mr. Show? It's a sketch show written and performed by David Cross and some other guy. I came across it (ha!) by chance a while back, it's not bad.
Pussy Time '88 used to try to get me to watch it and I always told him I would. Eventually I did and liked it a lot, though I only saw a couple of episodes and haven't seen any since. I'd definitely download a season or two to watch some more when I'm more mindful. I might even pick up a DVD if I can find one used or cheap at Newbury Comics or someplace similar. Do they have those in the rest of the country or is it a Mass thing?

I remember being greatly amused, though... just a very unique, trippy, style of comedy that reminded me what would happen if you crossed old Kids in the Hall episodes with the Tenacious D episodes that used to air on HBO. Then again, considering Cross and Odenkirk were producers of the Tenacious D show, maybe that's not so weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Moe is probably my favourite. The guy never fails to crack me up, he puts me in mind of myself 15 years from now, minus the job and the friends. Similarly, Bill Dauterive from King of the Hill (a fucking great show which the bastards CANCELLED ) is an alternative yet equally likely premonition of things to come

The lady who did the voice of LuAnne died toward the end of production, I believe. I could be wrong.

I haven't checked out Breaking Bad, but I know it's the type of thing I would get into. Therefore, I won't.

I got into the first season of Prison Break HARDCORE, then it went to shit, so fuck getting hooked on any testosterone based drama bullshit.
__________________
Trust in god, he'll give you shoes!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 2010-04-26, 18:19
Dyldo's Avatar
Dyldo Dyldo is offline
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Californeeway
Posts: 7,909
Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
I haven't checked out Breaking Bad, but I know it's the type of thing I would get into. Therefore, I won't.


Dude, you're going to eventually get into it anyways so its better you start now with only 2 and a half seasons to catch up on then say.. 5 when you finally come to your senses.

Last night's episode was great, and the cinematography (one of my favorite things about the show) at the end was really beautiful.
__________________
Check my band out:
facebook.com/deadheadroses
deadheadroses.bandcamp.com
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 2010-04-27, 22:03
moe_blunts's Avatar
moe_blunts moe_blunts is offline
wigger/redneck/drunkard
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: austin tx
Posts: 2,234
I've been watching Lucky Louie recently. Shit is funny, although it's a lot of repeat material from Louis CK's stand-up.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionist
you don't belong here. You belong on a Paul Wall message board.


http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 2010-04-28, 00:57
JoeYngVai's Avatar
JoeYngVai JoeYngVai is offline
Vaginal Warts
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: I live in a giant bucket.
Posts: 2,289
Send a message via AIM to JoeYngVai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
Dude, you're going to eventually get into it anyways so its better you start now with only 2 and a half seasons to catch up on then say.. 5 when you finally come to your senses.

Last night's episode was great, and the cinematography (one of my favorite things about the show) at the end was really beautiful.


I need to find a good place to watch season 2 episodes. I missed the first one on TV so I was immediately fucked. Definitely my favorite show on TV right now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
The bottom of that 'Don't Click' picture is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. 'No, I really DO have a vagina! It's right here!'


Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!


R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34.


========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2009 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.