MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 2010-04-23, 08:41
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
Any Mystery Science Theater fans?

0o0o0!!! I used to love that!!! If you're talking about the one with Tom Servo.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2010-04-23, 11:00
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I want to check out Treme.

That is all.

Also, everybody quit being gay.
Old 2010-04-23, 14:26
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia
FAMILY GUY, other Fox cartoons
Family Guy was my favourite 'toon for years, but after around season 5 I realised that Seth MacFarlane is a talentless, hacky cunt. I still watch it though

Do you watch American Dad? I think it's far more consistent than Family Guy, even though it's virtually the same show haha.

The Cleveland Show is probably the worst cartoon I've ever seen. Out of all of the characters Family Guy has Cleveland is the last one I would have given his own show! The bear who lives next-door to him is fucking insufferable, too. I mean, I fucking hate him and his stupid fucking voice with a PASSION.

I don't even bother watching The Simpsons anymore, it's too painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
I want to check out Treme.

That is all.

Also, everybody quit being gay.
I hadn't heard of this until now, sounds interesting. I think there have only been two "serious" TV shows I've watched with any enthusiasm. The first was a British show called Cracker, about a criminal psychologist working with the cops to track down and interrogate killers (it had a brief and unsuccessful re-imagining in the States). Nice gritty depressing drama which gave me an excuse to stay up late on school nights in the early 90s. The second was The Sopranos, a show I put off watching until 2006 because I was convinced it was a shitty Goodfellas cash-in show for chest-beating wannabe gangster morons. Ahh I love being wrong! And I'm so good at it, too!

I tried getting into The Wire, because I'd heard amazing things about it, but I couldn't get through the first episode. I had a similar experience with Oz, although I watched about 5 or 6 episodes of that before giving up haha. Meh, I'm not sure what I actually want from a TV show, to be honest.

Any Frasier fans? I hate predictable, formulaic sitcoms like these, but I've been watching it with my dad and it's grown on me somewhat. It's certainly more watchable than Friends, Scrubs and similar cock-water.
Old 2010-04-23, 15:27
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
Paddy. Check out Breaking Bad.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery
Old 2010-04-23, 16:38
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I'm intrigued, gonna download the first few episodes and see what's what.
Old 2010-04-23, 18:39
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Dystopia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Family Guy was my favourite 'toon for years, but after around season 5 I realised that Seth MacFarlane is a talentless, hacky cunt. I still watch it though

Do you watch American Dad? I think it's far more consistent than Family Guy, even though it's virtually the same show haha.

The Cleveland Show is probably the worst cartoon I've ever seen. Out of all of the characters Family Guy has Cleveland is the last one I would have given his own show! The bear who lives next-door to him is fucking insufferable, too. I mean, I fucking hate him and his stupid fucking voice with a PASSION.

I don't even bother watching The Simpsons anymore, it's too painful.

Yes, I DVR that shit. Cleveland show too, even though it is probably the most primitive (LOL GETITZ!!?) show on Fox, not counting boring reality shows.

The only good reality show I have ever seen is TUF, The Ultimate Fighter. They actually got a pretty fabulous gay guy on there this season. He does the lisp, the thing with the back of his wrist against his back hip, EVERYTHING! And this one black guy gets accused of stealing show. Meh, looking back and being a realist, that show is fucking gay, but all TV is a waste of time. Why else would we watch it?

Back to Family Guy, Cleveland Show, American Dad, ect. Seth McFar is a funny guy, but you know what? I'M a funny guy. Seinfeld is a funny guy. Kramer's funny. Ect. It just happens that Peter Griffin, Quagmire, Brian, Lois and Joe are all successful, and fruitful, characters created by the imagination of this one guy. He's made several episodes, and lots of money. That's how you do it. You wanna be like him? Start a web comic, then a Flash series. Adult Swim might give ya $500 for it eventually.
Old 2010-04-23, 19:04
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Yes, I DVR that shit. Cleveland show too, even though it is probably the most primitive (LOL GETITZ!!?) show on Fox, not counting boring reality shows.

The only good reality show I have ever seen is TUF, The Ultimate Fighter. They actually got a pretty fabulous gay guy on there this season. He does the lisp, the thing with the back of his wrist against his back hip, EVERYTHING! And this one black guy gets accused of stealing show. Meh, looking back and being a realist, that show is fucking gay, but all TV is a waste of time. Why else would we watch it?

Back to Family Guy, Cleveland Show, American Dad, ect. Seth McFar is a funny guy, but you know what? I'M a funny guy. Seinfeld is a funny guy. Kramer's funny. Ect. It just happens that Peter Griffin, Quagmire, Brian, Lois and Joe are all successful, and fruitful, characters created by the imagination of this one guy. He's made several episodes, and lots of money. That's how you do it. You wanna be like him? Start a web comic, then a Flash series. Adult Swim might give ya $500 for it eventually.
I think Seth reached a plateau several years ago, but up until that point his work was fresh and broke some new ground. That said, his Cavalcade of Cartoon Comedy was pretty solid. It's basically the same humour you'll find in Family Guy, but it's like a series of random "sketches" with no real narrative. Plenty of new characters and bizarre situations, and it even features a midget! SCORE! I think you can watch it in segments on YouTube if you're interested.

I don't watch UFC or TUF, it gets me riled up and then I realise that I'd probably die in two seconds in a real fight, and then I just feel depressed and emasculated. And horny.

I was a fan of Drawn Together when I first saw it, but I recently attempted to re-watch it and I didn't laugh once. Fucking shame, you'd think watching a cartoon pig have a wank would never get old. They released the Drawn Together movie this month, I have it on my hard drive, maybe it'll rekindle my interest.
Old 2010-04-23, 22:03
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
They released the Drawn Together movie this month, I have it on my hard drive, maybe it'll rekindle my interest.
It didn't.
Old 2010-04-24, 03:25
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Dystopia
Quote:
I don't watch UFC or TUF, it gets me riled up and then I realise that I'd probably die in two seconds in a real fight, and then I just feel depressed and emasculated. And horny.

This one time, one of the stoniest highs I had ever been... stoned?... I was watching UFC, or King of The Cage/Rumble on the Rock/Something, I was really stoned, and my hardass cousin was sitting on the couch next to me, and I got a boner while the two fighters were grappling, one taking the others back in the guard ect., and I think it may have been 'the urge to urinate', but I was too embarrassed to move and my face went red, and I had a boner (3-4 tenths). True story.

Oh, and I was LITERALLY worried that minute that I had the "gay gene." Serious.
Old 2010-04-24, 04:13
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

With regards to The Wire: It's really as good as TV gets. But it's hard to get into, because the story is the season, not the episode, and that's a really hard adjustment to make. The first episode of any given season is only interesting insofar as you're willing to see it as the opening chapter of a season-long novel, which is in a lot of ways radically different from the way you evaluate episodes of a TV show naturally.

Then again, you might just not like it. Because you're retarded.
Old 2010-04-24, 04:30
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

!!AMERICAN GLADIAT0000R!!

R.I.P moe
Old 2010-04-24, 07:47
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
We still watching The Simpsons, FG, AD, and TCS. Sometimes they all have their really bad moments, but sometimes they can be pretty amusing. Marge is my idol anyways so I still like watching her.
When my kids were younger I was one of those parents that wouldn't let them watch it, but they talked me into watching it with them once and I was hooked.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2010-04-24, 11:45
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
This one time, one of the stoniest highs I had ever been... stoned?... I was watching UFC, or King of The Cage/Rumble on the Rock/Something, I was really stoned, and my hardass cousin was sitting on the couch next to me, and I got a boner while the two fighters were grappling, one taking the others back in the guard ect., and I think it may have been 'the urge to urinate', but I was too embarrassed to move and my face went red, and I had a boner (3-4 tenths). True story.

Oh, and I was LITERALLY worried that minute that I had the "gay gene." Serious.
Haha inconvenient/unwanted boners are an integral part of a healthy male lifestyle. I don't think getting a stiffy looking at a bloke makes you gay any more than getting a stiffy looking at a melon with a hole in it makes you a fruitosexual. At least that's what Big Bill, my personal ass-gaper, is always telling me.

I imagine watching two guys knock seven shades of shit out of each other is the last thing you'd want to do stoned, though. Aren't there better stoner shows that help you get the most out of the experience? I'm thinking Sesame Street, maybe even a lil' 70s SNL.

Quote:
With regards to The Wire: It's really as good as TV gets. But it's hard to get into, because the story is the season, not the episode, and that's a really hard adjustment to make. The first episode of any given season is only interesting insofar as you're willing to see it as the opening chapter of a season-long novel, which is in a lot of ways radically different from the way you evaluate episodes of a TV show naturally.
It often pains me that I have such a fickle attention span. I'm thinking of giving this shit another go, because I feel like I'm missing out. I'm gonna give Breaking Bad a whirl first, though.

Quote:
Then again, you might just not like it. Because you're retarded.
Retarded is as retarded does, sir. And believe me, it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
We still watching The Simpsons, FG, AD, and TCS. Sometimes they all have their really bad moments, but sometimes they can be pretty amusing. Marge is my idol anyways so I still like watching her.
When my kids were younger I was one of those parents that wouldn't let them watch it, but they talked me into watching it with them once and I was hooked.
I think Marge is one of the most underrated characters The Simpsons has. She started out as a bit of a "straight woman", giving Homer and Bart something to bounce their zany whims off of (ewwww), but she started to get her own unique sense of humour in later seasons.

Moe is probably my favourite. The guy never fails to crack me up, he puts me in mind of myself 15 years from now, minus the job and the friends. Similarly, Bill Dauterive from King of the Hill (a fucking great show which the bastards CANCELLED ) is an alternative yet equally likely premonition of things to come

EDIT: I'm 4 episodes into Breaking Bad and I'm hooked. Thanks for the recommendation, Dylderton

Last edited by Paddy : 2010-04-25 at 15:35.
Old 2010-04-26, 12:23
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

The Simpsons have chimed in on the South Park/Muhammad bullshittery:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/04/26/s...ark-chalkboard/
Old 2010-04-26, 13:36
Drugged Unholy

Breaking Bad is a very good show, it's too bad I don't watch enough TV to actually follow it. i saw the entire first season, and then just an episode here and there. Even so, it's a great show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer_from_nihil
the song serial cocksucker changed my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Are you going to snort cheap pharmaceutical drugs with your lizard as well?
Old 2010-04-26, 18:03
Vaginal Warts

Send a message via AIM to JoeYngVai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
Breaking Bad

Yes.

Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!

R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.
Old 2010-04-26, 18:10
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Chris Rezendes
Quote:
Chris, have you ever watched Mr. Show? It's a sketch show written and performed by David Cross and some other guy. I came across it (ha!) by chance a while back, it's not bad.
Pussy Time '88 used to try to get me to watch it and I always told him I would. Eventually I did and liked it a lot, though I only saw a couple of episodes and haven't seen any since. I'd definitely download a season or two to watch some more when I'm more mindful. I might even pick up a DVD if I can find one used or cheap at Newbury Comics or someplace similar. Do they have those in the rest of the country or is it a Mass thing?

I remember being greatly amused, though... just a very unique, trippy, style of comedy that reminded me what would happen if you crossed old Kids in the Hall episodes with the Tenacious D episodes that used to air on HBO. Then again, considering Cross and Odenkirk were producers of the Tenacious D show, maybe that's not so weird.

Quote:
Moe is probably my favourite. The guy never fails to crack me up, he puts me in mind of myself 15 years from now, minus the job and the friends. Similarly, Bill Dauterive from King of the Hill (a fucking great show which the bastards CANCELLED ) is an alternative yet equally likely premonition of things to come

The lady who did the voice of LuAnne died toward the end of production, I believe. I could be wrong.

I haven't checked out Breaking Bad, but I know it's the type of thing I would get into. Therefore, I won't.

I got into the first season of Prison Break HARDCORE, then it went to shit, so fuck getting hooked on any testosterone based drama bullshit.
Old 2010-04-26, 18:19
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Dyldo Send a message via MSN to Dyldo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
I haven't checked out Breaking Bad, but I know it's the type of thing I would get into. Therefore, I won't.

Dude, you're going to eventually get into it anyways so its better you start now with only 2 and a half seasons to catch up on then say.. 5 when you finally come to your senses.

Last night's episode was great, and the cinematography (one of my favorite things about the show) at the end was really beautiful.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery
Old 2010-04-27, 22:03
wigger/redneck/drunkard

I've been watching Lucky Louie recently. Shit is funny, although it's a lot of repeat material from Louis CK's stand-up.

http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/
Old 2010-04-28, 00:57
Vaginal Warts

Send a message via AIM to JoeYngVai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyldo
Dude, you're going to eventually get into it anyways so its better you start now with only 2 and a half seasons to catch up on then say.. 5 when you finally come to your senses.

Last night's episode was great, and the cinematography (one of my favorite things about the show) at the end was really beautiful.

I need to find a good place to watch season 2 episodes. I missed the first one on TV so I was immediately fucked. Definitely my favorite show on TV right now.

Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!

R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.