MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands

Old 2010-04-09, 18:35
The Execrator
Noob lud

2010 Albums

Mini reviews for 2010 albums, anyone? There's some cool shit that's been out so far, i'd like to see what you guys have to recommend and not recommend

Finntroll- Nifelvind: These guys changed their sound up quite a bit for this new album. For me all the other albums have had at least one standout track that popped out during the first listen, but I haven't had that with this album yet. There's some cool ideas in the songs, just gotta listen through it a few more times to know exactly how i feel about it. The vocals are fucking great though, there's just something about those Swedish bm vocals.

Arsis- Starve for the Devil: It took me a while to get over the simplified riffing style they chose on this album (compared to We are the Nightmare) and also the corny fucking lyrics. There are many solid moments on this record though, The Ten of Swords and Half Passed Corpse O'Clock (example of cornyness) have riffs that will kick your ass. This album is a mix of everything they've done on previous albums. You'll likely enjoy it if you're a fan of the band, it just may take a few listens to get used to. +500 points for the solos!

I'm looking forward to listening to the new Immolation album, i've heard lots of good things about it. The new Eluveitie looks like it might suck, but i want to check that out as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2010-04-09, 23:14
moe_blunts
wigger/redneck/drunkard

Negura Bunget has two new albums. One is a rerecording and the other is with a new line up. If you don't know, Negura split and the two original members are due for a release later this year under the band name Dordeduh. Should be good stuff.

The new Alcest is pretty good. I have mixed views on shoegaze.

Borknagar - Universal....it's fucking Borknagar. Of course it's good.

Mike Patton has a new album that is full of Italian pop songs. One-dimensional but entertaining.

Celeste - Morte(s) Nee(s) is the surprise of the year for me so far. Crazy intense.

Temnozor' - Haunted Dreamscapes is good Russian Folky Black metal.

Katatonia release a single called The Longest Year. It's very beautiful. Great use of electronics.

Lönndom - Viddernas tolv kapitel is a super cool acoustic album.

Meshuggah - Alive is awesome. The bass is turned up like a negro jam.

Immolation - Majesty and Decay is very brutal. I still haven't been able to fully absorb it's full intensity.

However, I think my favorite release so have has to be The Knife - Tomorrow, In a Year. It's just crazy how different they sound and I love that they are experimenting with different sounds.

http://www.last.fm/user/moe_blunts/

Last edited by moe_blunts : 2010-04-09 at 23:16.

Old 2010-04-10, 00:05
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

Hour of Penance - Paradogma. Fucking incredible. Enough said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer_from_nihil
the song serial cocksucker changed my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Are you going to snort cheap pharmaceutical drugs with your lizard as well?

Old 2010-04-10, 00:50
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Meshuggah came out with a new album??

EDIT: Oh, its a live album.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Dyldo : 2010-04-10 at 01:00.