Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2009-09-30, 10:57
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
10 years for both you and Chris is waaaay to long to still be playing on a fucking Squier. You're obviously dedicated enough to guitar that it'd be a good investment to buy a new one. I would go into your local guitar shop and play every guitar you can. Go online and check out the prices and read some reviews and figure out where you want to buy it. Since you're so into the Squier I'd give a serious look at some other Fender models, namely a Telecaster. If you've got the cash then maybe even a Strat. I've actually been considering selling my Jackson Soloist and getting a Tele (particularly a black Tele Custom).
I think if I was to buy a new guitar it'd most likely be a proper Strat, if only because I'm very well acquainted with the feel of them (I'm assuming a Squire isn't that much different to the real thing). I've played a Telecaster and didn't really like it, not exactly sure what it was that didn't work for me. I think maybe 10 years on the same guitar will make it difficult to like anything else haha.

I hate trying guitars in shops though, I get self-conscious and then my mind goes completely blank except for the main riff from Enter Sandman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PST 88
Isn't a Jackson soloist when you go down on me, Dyldo? Don't tell me I'm going to lose my nightly boy-toy blowjobs!
Haha!

Quote:
Buy any other guitar. It's better.
I just might. Even my mum tells me on a fairly regular basis to get a new one! I had my eye on this when I was about 16 or 17, purely for the look of it and the fact that Kirk Hammett plays one, neither of which is a good reason to fork out a couple of grand. Plus playing a V sitting down looks fairly awkward. Other than that, I've never really had any "dream guitar" in mind. I really must post about this in the "I need help buying a guitar" thread when I actually have some cash...

Old 2009-09-30, 11:47
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
I think if I was to buy a new guitar it'd most likely be a proper Strat, if only because I'm very well acquainted with the feel of them (I'm assuming a Squire isn't that much different to the real thing). I've played a Telecaster and didn't really like it, not exactly sure what it was that didn't work for me. I think maybe 10 years on the same guitar will make it difficult to like anything else haha.

I hate trying guitars in shops though, I get self-conscious and then my mind goes completely blank except for the main riff from Enter Sandman.

Haha!

I just might. Even my mum tells me on a fairly regular basis to get a new one! I had my eye on this when I was about 16 or 17, purely for the look of it and the fact that Kirk Hammett plays one, neither of which is a good reason to fork out a couple of grand. Plus playing a V sitting down looks fairly awkward. Other than that, I've never really had any "dream guitar" in mind. I really must post about this in the "I need help buying a guitar" thread when I actually have some cash...

I know what you mean, and I'm sure many others could relate too. I know quite a few people who are comfortable with the general feel of the Strat and would never play anything else. I've tried many other basses over the years, and the only two that feel truly comfortable to me are the Fender Precision and some Spector models. But the Precision still feels the most comfortable, and that's pretty much the same shape as a Strat haha

Flying V's are very awkward to play sitting down, but I think it's something that you can get used to over time. Pat O'Brien makes it look so fucking easy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOb6JSQd-Qw
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one

Old 2009-09-30, 12:28
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz906
I know what you mean, and I'm sure many others could relate too. I know quite a few people who are comfortable with the general feel of the Strat and would never play anything else. I've tried many other basses over the years, and the only two that feel truly comfortable to me are the Fender Precision and some Spector models. But the Precision still feels the most comfortable, and that's pretty much the same shape as a Strat haha

Flying V's are very awkward to play sitting down, but I think it's something that you can get used to over time. Pat O'Brien makes it look so fucking easy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOb6JSQd-Qw
Haha I thought that video was sped up for the first 10 seconds or so. Holy fuck.

Many moons ago a friend of a friend had a flying V and he brought it down to my friend's house to let me have a go on it. He had created a little rest which would attach to the bottom of the body and allow you to hold the guitar as you would a standard shaped one. I think he had broken it off an exercise contraption haha. It worked pretty well. I reckon they should develop proper versions of that idea and ship them with all Vs!

I remember when I was about 16 I was playing a guitar in a shop. It was already set up, I think it was on sale or the like and they were trying to shift it haha. It felt and sounded amazing, but I'll be fucked if I can remember what brand/model it was. Oh well.

I actually play through a bass amp, Blitz. I'm not sure if that's a good idea, or if a guitar amp would sound better, but my bassist friend wanted a new amp and I said I'd take his old one off his hands, because it was twice the size of the amp I had at the time haha. I use headphones 99.9% of the time though, and I never jam or play live, so I don't know how important an amp really is for my purposes. The aforementioned circumstances are also one of the main reasons I felt it'd be somewhat of a waste of time/money to buy a really good guitar.

Chris, I keep meaning to ask you something. Were you ever able to make use of your Squire's whammy bar? I could never figure it out - every time I touched the fucker the entire guitar would be knocked horribly out of tune, so I just gave up and detached it

Old 2009-09-30, 12:34
7-string warlord
Post-whore

V's aren't bad once you get used to them, RR's are even better. if you get one where the jack is located in a sane place. BUT (I whore this guitar out way too much) MY DBZ is made so you can rest it like a normal guitar when sitting, but I'm so used to my RR's I play it like any other V when sitting.

Buy a DBZ Paddy!

http://www.dbzguitars.com/web/collection.html

(mine is the Bird of Prey)

Old 2009-09-30, 13:47
Pr0az
Post-whore

Quote:
selling my Jackson Soloist and getting a Tele (particularly a black Tele Custom).

Price for Soloist?

Old 2009-09-30, 13:55
Pr0az
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-string warlord
you can try one of these. I got a bass from these guys and it was really good quality for the 180 dollars I paid!

http://www.rondomusic.com/7string.html

Damn thanks bro, that guitar is cheap and fuck looks damn good. Im buying that under 200 bucks...

Also thanks to Wolf for the info on the RG 7321 but couldn't find one used on ebay .

Old 2009-09-30, 14:05
7-string warlord
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0az
Price for Soloist?

I second this motion!

Quote:
Damn thanks bro, that guitar is cheap and fuck looks damn good. Im buying that under 200 bucks...

No problem dude, and seriously the quality on those instruments are really pretty good. I've been really thinking about picking up one of their eight strings and learning some touch style and all that jazz.

Old 2009-09-30, 14:23
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

Quote:

Also thanks to Wolf for the info on the RG 7321 but couldn't find one used on ebay .

Hmmmmm a shame. That thing packs TONE and stays in tune wonderfully.

Aosoth - New album III out now on Agonia Recs
Epoch - bass, guitars, drums, MetaStasizing out asap
Asphixa - bass, demo out asap
Adustum - bass, guitars, full length out soon on XXXXXXXXXX recs

Quote:
Originally Posted by far_beyond_sane
Tetianblood? ... Well, 'Necrosemen' to you too. Twat.

Old 2009-09-30, 14:41
7-string warlord
Post-whore

LTD used to have some really good cheap seven strings, which sucks because now the cheaper LTD's are barf. My seven string is an M-107, and if you know anything about LTD's the lower the number, the lower the price. That guitar was such a badass motherfucker.

Old 2009-09-30, 14:45
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Holy fuck when was the last time we actually talked about guitars

OK I`ve never seen a T-Style 7-string guitar. Nice but useless I think. Otherwise probably it`d be sick playin downtuned bluegrass or country music

Any y`all want a burger?
What I haven`t known was that Pat O`Brien is actually a lefty but plays with right handed guitars. Original quote of Alex Webster:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.W.
He`s badass. You give him a notesheet and he can play whatever you have written on it!

Yeah my day was pretty....intense `till now. I mean we really made it, that a girl in our class was crying for about 2h and now she wants to leave our class or even the school Tomorrow our class-teacher wants to talk to us...Gawd I`m so bored of this whole procedure

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-09-30, 17:50
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

As for 7-strings, I got a Dean Vendetta for $200, and let me tell you, for the price, that guitar is fuckin awesome. You would never know it's a 200 dollar guitar by the way it plays. Only downfall is the wood is REAL light, so if you drop it or something, it might die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer_from_nihil
the song serial cocksucker changed my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Are you going to snort cheap pharmaceutical drugs with your lizard as well?

Old 2009-09-30, 18:06
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Yeah my day was pretty....intense `till now. I mean we really made it, that a girl in our class was crying for about 2h and now she wants to leave our class or even the school Tomorrow our class-teacher wants to talk to us...Gawd I`m so bored of this whole procedure
Gomers, how many fucking times? NO ATTEMPTED RAPES DURING CLASS.

Old 2009-09-30, 18:48
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
Gomers, how many fucking times? NO ATTEMPTED RAPES DURING CLASS.

It wasn`t attempted

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-09-30, 19:30
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Chris, I keep meaning to ask you something. Were you ever able to make use of your Squire's whammy bar? I could never figure it out - every time I touched the fucker the entire guitar would be knocked horribly out of tune, so I just gave up and detached it

No. I left it in during the first year or so I had it, while I was still trying to learn easy thrash and classic rock riffs, then I took it out forever (same reasons as you). I still have it, somewhere.

My 7-string has a double-locking tremolo, so I can dive as often or as deep as my heart desires. It just happens to turn out that after ten years of rocking a Squier, your heart doesn't desire. Similarly, double-locking tremolos are wildly unpopular and almost universally hated by metalheads, but again, after 10 years of juicing an Affinity strat, it's a fucking dream come true. I probably play my 12-string more than my electric, in all honesty.

Old 2009-09-30, 20:30
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

i love my 7 string. Even though it costs $800+ less than my other guitars. I just wrote this little nifty riff on it.
Attached Files
File Type: ptb 7 string thing.ptb (1.7 KB, 43 views)

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2009-09-30, 20:50
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Chris: What kind of 12-string do you have?

Quote:
Isn't a Jackson soloist when you go down on me, Dyldo? Don't tell me I'm going to lose my nightly boy-toy blowjobs!

ZZZZAAAAAAM! But you just might if I sell it.. don't worry, I'm sure you can come up with some other sex game based on whatever guitar I get.

Quote:
Price for Soloist?

Hmmm.. I'm thinking $700+. Its a black Jackson SMSLG (picture). Mint condition with just a few minor dings and an EMG 81 and a Duncan Jazz pickup at the neck.

I'm still not 100% sure if I want to sell it but if I get a good enough price I might be persuaded.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2009-09-30, 23:17
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

I wouldn't sell that Darko. I love my soloist but fucking hate the trem. I'd kill for it to have a bridge like yours.

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2009-09-30, 23:34
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Yeeeaaahh, thats why I like it so much too.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2009-09-30, 23:52
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

I wish at least one of my guitars had actives in it too.

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2009-10-01, 01:48
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

For some reason I skimmed that and thought you said "I wish at least one of my girlfriends were active too" and I laughed out loud.

Here's a new song from my band (very rough and no vocals or bass) but you can really hear the massive crunch and clarity that soloist has. For anyone thats familiar with my band you'll find this track much more brutal/aggressive. It doesn't reflect the rest of the newer material though.

My ears are so fried right now.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Darko : 2009-10-01 at 01:58.

Old 2009-10-01, 10:55
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Haha I thought that video was sped up for the first 10 seconds or so. Holy fuck.

Haha nope not at all. Pat and Alex are just ridiculously fast. They could benefit from having a new drummer though
Quote:
Many moons ago a friend of a friend had a flying V and he brought it down to my friend's house to let me have a go on it. He had created a little rest which would attach to the bottom of the body and allow you to hold the guitar as you would a standard shaped one. I think he had broken it off an exercise contraption haha. It worked pretty well. I reckon they should develop proper versions of that idea and ship them with all Vs!

That's a very clever idea. It sounds like a somewhat similar concept to the Steinberger lap rest thing.

http://limezone.com/wedding/images/steinberger2.jpg
Quote:
I actually play through a bass amp, Blitz. I'm not sure if that's a good idea, or if a guitar amp would sound better, but my bassist friend wanted a new amp and I said I'd take his old one off his hands, because it was twice the size of the amp I had at the time haha.

It's not really bad to be playing guitar through a bass amp, it certainly won't damage it... but playing bass through a guitar amp will damage speakers haha.

Eric Clapton actually uses cabinets with bass designed speakers, and has for a long time now. He prefers the thicker/creamier sound that they produce.
Quote:
What I haven`t known was that Pat O`Brien is actually a lefty but plays with right handed guitars.

I remember reading this somewhere too. I'm primarily right handed, but sometimes I use my left hand more than my right hand... depends on what I'm doing though.

Pat is fucking awesome. I'd say he's definitely one of my favourite metal guitarists of all time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF-yOzng8Pw&NR=1
That video is pretty long. But it shows some of his best work (on the most recent album) from 6:23 until the end.
Quote:
God, the Japanese are so weird. This HAS to be the long term effects of the atom bombs. No one is that weird on purpose.
Quote:
The slams in that song always kill me. First time I heard that song I was like "Too much heaviness - brain collapse" but now I could murder my family to that one

Old 2009-10-01, 11:18
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I really don't see any Telecaster sounding better than your Soloist sounds there, though that's partially because I've only heard a few Teles that I thought gave good tone at all.

Also, 'Telecaster' is a very hard guitar to make into a euphemism for oral sex.

Old 2009-10-01, 13:55
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthDevoid
I had a dream last night that I was playing football with some people, and one of them was Paddy. Paddy, stay out of my dreams, please haha

Fuck, I had a far worse dream where everyone was turning into zombies if they used their phone, and I distinctly remember Truth in it, except wearing a shitload of tie-dye for some reason. Yeah your head ended up turning inside out, then I think you ate someone. Then I went to a nude womens swimming match that was just one girl I knew from high school

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2009-10-01, 14:03
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

WTF?!
God are your dreams really that strange? The by far most weirdest [???] dream I had was actually one of the this wake induced lucid dreams...

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-10-01, 14:30
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawn&quartered
Fuck, I had a far worse dream where everyone was turning into zombies if they used their phone, and I distinctly remember Truth in it, except wearing a shitload of tie-dye for some reason. Yeah your head ended up turning inside out, then I think you ate someone.

Haha wow... I think you've probably been watching way too many horror films
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-10-01, 17:38
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

Quote:
Fuck, I had a far worse dream where everyone was turning into zombies if they used their phone, and I distinctly remember Truth in it, except wearing a shitload of tie-dye for some reason. Yeah your head ended up turning inside out, then I think you ate someone. Then I went to a nude womens swimming match that was just one girl I knew from high school

Number of your dealer. PM it to me.

Quote:

Old 2009-10-01, 18:31
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
It's not really bad to be playing guitar through a bass amp, it certainly won't damage it... but playing bass through a guitar amp will damage speakers haha.

Eric Clapton actually uses cabinets with bass designed speakers, and has for a long time now. He prefers the thicker/creamier sound that they produce
I wasn't worried about damaging the amp, I just wasn't sure if it was "proper" to play guitar through a bass amp. A tech-head in a shop in Belfast told me I needed to get myself a real guitar amp, but he didn't explain why it was such a necessity. Is it really just a matter of tone? If so, is there any real need for me to buy one? I'm a bedroom rockstar who plays through headphones exclusively, so it never seemed important.

Quote:
I think Truth may disagree about which was worse.

I had a dream about both of my ex's last night. Fucking miserable affair. I'll take zombies and sex offenders over that shit any night of the week.

Speaking of body-horror, I went to meet my mum at work today and the street right next to the place she works at was cordoned off and CSI-lookin' motherfuckers were walking around taking photographs of blood splatters on the ground. Turns out a couple of guys I used to know in school had a bit of a scrap, one got stabbed in the balls (no joke) which led him to sink his teeth into the other guy's face leaving him in need of re-constructive surgery, and I think the stab victim also lost an ear to teeth of the guy with the knife. As we were walking home we noticed that there was a blood trail all the way back to our estate haha. Both of the guys are now in intensive care. Psychopaths, which was obvious even during high school. Can't say I feel sorry for either of them.

Old 2009-10-01, 18:57
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

hmmm dreams! I had a fucking weird one last night.

I fell asleep in my apartment. Then during one of my dreams I was on my other home's balcony with people. I told them about Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming. I then proceeded to actually get into a Lucid Dream while dreaming (and I WAS lucid!). I then started communicating with the people who were outside my dream state while I was Lucid Dreaming, and then when I pulled myself out of the dream I woke up in my apartment. This is when I was actually awake, but like 5 second later I suddenly dreamed that woke up again in my apartment but I was naked. I told my friend about the entire dream aequence that had just happened, and then I actually woke up (seemingly for the third time) in my apartment. Now I'm actually awake.

I've had even weirder friggin' dreams though... It's all cause of those damn WILDs, seriously. One time I woke up a good 4-5 times in a dream, and explained the sequence of dreams to somebody IN my dreams like twice... damnit.

Blackwater (Friend's Metal Band)
MY WEBSITE!

R.I.P Paddy. My dear and loving father will never be forgotten.

Old 2009-10-01, 19:06
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

Quote:

That's freakin awesome. Though I dont understand where the tie-dye came from haha. But if i were to die, I can only hope I turn into a flesh-eating zombie shortly after.

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2009-10-01, 19:32
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

When I dream, you guys aren't there. Especially Dystopia; he's extra not there. It's wonderful.

Old 2009-10-01, 19:32
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsherz
Number of your dealer. PM it to me.

heh

I think it might be the melatonin pills that I take to fall asleep faster...you can probably buy em anywhere.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2009-10-01, 19:38
FearFrost
The Mountie From Hell

FUCK THE LEAFS!

GO HABS!!!!!!!!!!

Old 2009-10-01, 19:50
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

I've been taking melotonin for months now. Dont think they cause crazy dreams though, but they are amazing to help you fall asleep.

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2009-10-01, 20:33
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
I really don't see any Telecaster sounding better than your Soloist sounds there, though that's partially because I've only heard a few Teles that I thought gave good tone at all.

Also, 'Telecaster' is a very hard guitar to make into a euphemism for oral sex.

Yeah.. I'd be getting the Tele more for its clean tones than anything and seeing as I use distortion a lot more, I decided last night I'm just going to save up for one so I can have the best of both worlds (and you get to continue having your nightly Jackson solo). Everybody wins! YOU get a car! YOU get a car! EVERYBODY GETS A BLO!J-.. CAR!

Awhile ago I tried using melatonin during a good few weeks of insomnia and it did actually help me a bit, although I'd sometimes wake up an hour or two later and be right back where I started.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Darko : 2009-10-01 at 20:40.

Old 2009-10-01, 20:40
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
I've been taking melotonin for months now. Dont think they cause crazy dreams though, but they are amazing to help you fall asleep.

yea, they are awesome for that. when I take them I always wake up in the middle of the night and feel like its morning, piss then go back to sleep. I read somewhere it can give people weird dreams but I guess not all.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2009-10-01, 20:42
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I haven't heard about the weird dreams thing, but I did read it can cause depression and friends if you take too much or when you're not going to sleep.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2009-10-01, 21:05
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

I heard of this shit you can smoke and it'll give you weird dreams. And no, Dystopia, I don't mean weed. I forgot the name, but it's supposed to be used just for that purpose, like it doesn't get you high... just makes your dreams weird.

Hey I should smoke melatonin and diphenhydramine together!

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2009-10-01, 21:09
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

it can cause depression and friends? am i reading that wrong? haha

and Joe, if you want crazy dreams, take 5-HTP. That shit gives you insane dreams

Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by TruthDevoid : 2009-10-01 at 21:12.

Old 2009-10-01, 21:24
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

i love it when kids get into metal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYA5Y4-VSqk

Old 2009-10-01, 21:31
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor

trust me id rather have this then the tons of little scene shits running around here acting like vaginas. its horrible in the states, there are some good local metal bands though.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2009-10-01, 21:46
Pr0az
Post-whore

Quote:

I don't need shit to put me to sleep but I need some shit to keep me awake...The last year and a half of my life has been spent in a sorta comatose state...

Old 2009-10-01, 21:50
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
it can cause depression and friends? am i reading that wrong? haha

I meant it can also cause issues like depression or, i.e. anxiety. It made a lot more sense and sounded more funny in my head. Thanks for making me re-read it, asshole!

But seriously, if it actually caused friends I wouldn't have ever even looked at the stuff. Friends are the worst side-effect, next to life.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2009-10-01, 22:24
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

Oh! haha, i wasn't sure if you were making a joke or it was a typo

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2009-10-02, 04:09
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

That's simply because he isn't funny. His clever is widely regarded as "wanting, at best" by his friends, family, and the moderating staff. Maybe that's why he doesn't want any more friends?

Old 2009-10-02, 13:11
Requiem
Post-whore

If you want scary dreams take about 500 mg of DPH. You won't even be sleeping.

Old 2009-10-02, 13:33
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:

Even in their age they`re more thrash then Metallica I actually like that!

Quote:
That's freakin awesome. Though I dont understand where the tie-dye came from haha. But if i were to die, I can only hope I turn into a flesh-eating zombie shortly after.

This is worth a song! For real I`m serious dudes I got a cool riff here

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-10-02, 21:06
Amadeus
Quantum.

Quote:

Haha, really, that was pretty tight and nice, considering. Better than the fourteen-in-a-dozen Sliptwit wannabees running amok all over the place.
The guitarists shy little glances towards the camera now and then was an especially nice touch.

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Old 2009-10-02, 21:37
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2009-10-02, 22:17
7-string warlord
Post-whore

If Ihsahn is involved I'm down too.

Old 2009-10-03, 02:04
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:

The actual playing wasn't too bad. But for Christ's sake, his tone fucking SUCKS
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-10-03, 04:13
blitz906
Okay.

Holy shit, I almost forgot.

LOLZURZ @ David Letterman.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-10-03, 06:36
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Quote:
Holy shit, I almost forgot.

LOLZURZ @ David Letterman.

Sup with Letterman?
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2009-10-03, 08:03
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

ditto?

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2009-10-03, 08:23
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Sup with Letterman?

http://voices.kansascity.com/node/6078
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-10-03, 11:30
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
"Shocking sex fiasco"? He had sex. Where's the fiasco/shock?

1. They weren't under age
2. He didn't rape them
3. All of the above considered, it's between him, his wife and his penis

Hehehe:

Quote:
But now CBS faces the dilemma of what to do with Letterman. Come down hard on him
Ehhehehehehe...come. Down hard. Ehhhhehehehe.

Old 2009-10-03, 11:48
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
I wasn't worried about damaging the amp, I just wasn't sure if it was "proper" to play guitar through a bass amp. A tech-head in a shop in Belfast told me I needed to get myself a real guitar amp, but he didn't explain why it was such a necessity. Is it really just a matter of tone? If so, is there any real need for me to buy one? I'm a bedroom rockstar who plays through headphones exclusively, so it never seemed important.

I'd say that playing through an amp designed for guitar isn't really all that important unless you're playing live. A bass amp will do just fine for bedroom/basement playing. That guy in the shop was probably just trying to make a quick sale
Quote:
"Shocking sex fiasco"? He had sex. Where's the fiasco/shock?

1. They weren't under age
2. He didn't rape them
3. All of the above considered, it's between him, his wife and his penis

Haha yeah the headline is over dramatic I just found the extortion part amusing... I bet he nearly emptied his colon when the extortionist demanded 2M

The biggest question is... who would actually be willing to have sex with this guy??

Do you get all the American late night TV shows there Paddy? Letterman, Leno, Conan, Kimmel etc?
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-10-03, 12:04
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:

Hahaha wtf? This is a joke right? I mean Ihsahn would make a BM album with Halford but nothing more with Emperor? Fuck him

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-10-03, 12:50
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Haha yeah the headline is over dramatic I just found the extortion part amusing... I bet he nearly emptied his colon when the extortionist demanded 2M
Yeah, the article should be called "Poor Letterman Having His Ass handed to Him by a Gold-digging Cunt".

Quote:
The biggest question is... who would actually be willing to have sex with this guy??
Someone in need of a quick cash injection, preceded by a quick cum injection. I mean, 2 million is 1.99 million more than I'd ask for.

Quote:
Do you get all the American late night TV shows there Paddy? Letterman, Leno, Conan, Kimmel etc?
I'm not sure if we get that stuff on Sky/satellite, I don't watch TV much, I just download the shit I enjoy haha. I do know we get Bill O'Reilly's bilious garbage along with the rest of the Fox News channel, I sometimes see my dad watching it, laughing and shaking his head in disbelief. I can't even watch that shit ironically, it makes me want to die of cancer and AIDS.

Old 2009-10-03, 12:56
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

BIKE STOLEN

FUCK

Quote:

Old 2009-10-03, 13:01
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

What? I didn't think there were any black people in Germany??

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/imbored53/bike.gif

Old 2009-10-03, 13:13
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsherz
BIKE STOLEN
FUCK

Whoa dude kill that guy!

and MTM he`s dutch

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-10-03, 13:31
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalThrashingMad
What? I didn't think there were any black people in Germany??

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/imbored53/bike.gif

lol

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2009-10-03, 16:02
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Yeah, blacks have a long, proud tradition of stealing white people's bikes and occasionally impregnating their women in the Netheregions, er, Netherlands, as a subtle way of exacting revenge for the slave trade. I'm not sure it's the most EFFECTIVE method, or why they don't do this in fucking PORTUGAL or SPAIN, but hell, I don't understand those people anyway.

I'll have to ask my mother, see if she knows what's up.

Old 2009-10-03, 17:10
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

Quote:
Whoa dude kill that guy!

and MTM he`s dutch

I'm motherfucking BELGIAN

BELGIAN

There's a DIFFERENCE.

Being, that Dutch people suck less.

Quote:

Old 2009-10-03, 17:22
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

I`m sorry honey Please forgive me

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-10-03, 17:49
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

mmmm the dutch can be awesome...

but they can also be not awesome...

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2009-10-03, 17:55
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeYngVai
mmmm the dutch can be awesome...

but they can also be not awesome...

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2009-10-03, 19:51
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Regarding Letterman: it's generally considered scummy behavior at best, and malignant, immoral behavior at worse, to have sex with people who are financially reliant upon you, even beyond the usual taboo against having sex with co-workers. Now, personally, I couldn't give a shit about this kind of behavior, but given how knee-jerkingly Puritan a large percentage of the US is, and given that CBS's target audience is those same knee-jerk Puritans, it will be considered a scandal even if it should really be ignored as something that so many people in an equivalent position (i.e. a powerful executive with an aging spouse who's surrounded by nubile and attractive members of the opposite sex) would do, and have done.

It's part of that lovely social cognitive dissonance America loves to rock. The act itself is unimportant, but how we'd like to think we think about the act is very important.

Old 2009-10-03, 19:59
MetalThrashingMad
Death to all but metal!
Forum Leader

The only difference between Dave and most celebrities like him is that he got caught

Old 2009-10-03, 20:14
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Not just celebrities. How many business executives do you think fuck their secretaries (if they want to be boring about it)? In any sort of office, there's going to be a top dog surrounded by younger, better-looking people; it's not exactly uncommon that the top do will fuck some of the younger, better-looking folk and nothing significant will transpire. But when somebody prominent gets caught, we've got to do something to make it seem like the behavior is unacceptable, or we won't appear (to ourselves) as maintaining the moral high ground.

It's silly, but it's how things are often done.

Old 2009-10-03, 22:34
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Where the fuck's Transient? He hasn't been here since July, and the last I heard from him he was ill. Is anyone here in contact with him?

I may send him some of my extra-chunky chicken soup.

Old 2009-10-03, 22:46
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Anyone ever listen to The Mahavishnu Orchestra? I'd been looking for an album of theres for awhile and finally found it on vinyl. Fucking great stuff. These dudes had to have been an inspiration to The Mars Volta.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2009-10-03, 22:56
Dystopia
Post-whore

^^^ Get his address and send him some REAL mail... if email does not work. Then, hand the information to me, and I will surprise him by dressing up like a clown, and raping him.

Yeah, the fact that Letterman has sex with his employees is pretty down, just for that reason. Picture this, "The new lady didn't give me the "I'de blow you,' look, I'm prolly gonna have to fire her." Well, THAT IS the reason for that law.

Old 2009-10-04, 02:35
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Where the fuck's Transient? He hasn't been here since July, and the last I heard from him he was ill. Is anyone here in contact with him?

I may send him some of my extra-chunky chicken soup.
Talk to Steve. There used to be someone else who knew Tranny personally, too, Execrator I think. They all went to high school together if I recall correctly.

Old 2009-10-04, 04:53
JoeYngVai
Vaginal Warts

dude David Letterman is like totally awesome. he totally boned his employee. hehe.

MY WEBSITE!

Old 2009-10-04, 05:57
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

Quote:
I'm not sure if we get that stuff on Sky/satellite, I don't watch TV much, I just download the shit I enjoy haha. I do know we get Bill O'Reilly's bilious garbage along with the rest of the Fox News channel, I sometimes see my dad watching it, laughing and shaking his head in disbelief. I can't even watch that shit ironically, it makes me want to die of cancer and AIDS.

I watch a good amount of Fox News. It's the only news channel I can stand. I know people call it bias and all that bullshit, those are just people who watch MSNBC, cause that station is so bias that it shouldn't even be legal. The whole point of that station is to bash fox news and say the opposite of what they say on every single issue. It's absurd.

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2009-10-04, 06:18
Dystopia
Post-whore

Quote:
I watch a good amount of Fox News.

Me too.
And I agree with what you said. Totally against gay marriage, but pot should be legal. Oh, abortion is wrong too, but only on certain circumstances (even I will admit you can't say no to everyone, and I don't know anyone who doesn't think that).

For ex: "But what about the little 4, or X, year old who got raped and pregnant against her will?!? You conservative hillbilly bastard!"

Well, there is already this little thing, don't know the bill #, don't know who wrote it, but it goes a little something like:

"If a woman's life is in danger because of the spermies in her tummy, then abortion in this instant, well its just ok."

I think I got the exact words right, I'll be right back and check, okay guys!?

Old 2009-10-04, 20:13
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I like Cleveland Fox 8 news, but it's not the best news station. They're just less offensive and at least it's mostly local stuff. I wonder how much out of a job that big mouth Nancy Grace would be without kidnapped kids to run her mouth about. I can't stand her.

I think it was the woman's new boyfriend that put her up to the extortion thing with Letterman. I only heard that he was with her after he was living with his present wife, but why wouldn't she have said something sooner if the bug hadn't been put in her ear?

Eh, oh well. If someone knows Tranny's name and location try whitepages.com. I've found lots of interesting people's addresses that way.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2009-10-04, 20:33
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

Haha, the way those links are ordered makes it so much better.

Quote:

Old 2009-10-04, 21:18
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Paddy, leave it to you. Why did I even say it?
Maybe Tranny got married and his wife saw MT and said it's me or the forum and since he's still in that honeymoon phase he bowed to her and said "yes dear."
Hey, my ole man and I just had our 5th anniversary of the second time we got married. We were telling someone the other day, but we couldn't remember if it was the 2nd or 3rd of October. Neither of us carried a whole lot, but I checked and it was the second. Six more to go and we have to split up for 10 years again. lol
I just got messaged the Cleveland Clowns lost to the Cincinnati Bengals in overtime. (That's American football for you foreigners.) They're north and south Ohio teams. I don't care, but maybe someone's bet on the Bengals. That was a sure thing.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism

Old 2009-10-05, 03:43
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
I watch a good amount of Fox News. It's the only news channel I can stand. I know people call it bias and all that bullshit, those are just people who watch MSNBC, cause that station is so bias that it shouldn't even be legal. The whole point of that station is to bash fox news and say the opposite of what they say on every single issue. It's absurd.
MSNBC isn't great, but you're not really in tune with real news if you think Fox News is any better. Fox News set the low standards for which MSNBC are trying to conform. We're talking about a network that tried it's hardest to justify and push the war in Iraq, we're talking the network that decided to highly publicize and give credibility to a FUCKING INTERNET RUMOR (Obama = foreign born). People in other countries watch Fox News just to laugh at the ignorant, American stereotype these homogenous, intolerant, anti-environment, wealthy whites so arrogantly and accurately portray.

Fox News represents the ideas of almost everything wrong with this fucking country, and I hope by the time I'm dead at least half of it is fixed.

Old 2009-10-05, 05:37
Dystopia
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
MSNBC isn't great, but you're not really in tune with real news if you think Fox News is any better. Fox News set the low standards for which MSNBC are trying to conform. We're talking about a network that tried it's hardest to justify and push the war in Iraq, we're talking the network that decided to highly publicize and give credibility to a FUCKING INTERNET RUMOR (Obama = foreign born). People in other countries watch Fox News just to laugh at the ignorant, American stereotype these homogenous, intolerant, anti-environment, wealthy whites so arrogantly and accurately portray.

Fox News represents the ideas of almost everything wrong with this fucking country, and I hope by the time I'm dead at least half of it is fixed.

Bill O'Reily actually argued against that rumor, saying it was proven false.

Intolerant? Anti-Environment? Do you even watch Fox News?

And they have plenty of minoriggers on Fox. Hell, Hucklebee fricken JAMS on his show!

The war in Iraq is justified by a couple reasons. 1) We had intent to believe that Saddam had or was constructing nuclear weapons, and by how much time we spent just signing the "We are going to war finally" Bill, they probably hid them in some Siberian/Iranian caves. Think about it.
2) Saddam's a fucking asshole and we need to maintain a beneficial control rather than have three major connected enemies (Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, connected by land) and I know we have more, but making a dent in any of those countries helps us at least slow them down with their sick Islamic terrorism.

Old 2009-10-05, 06:13
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

Thank you Dystopia. Chris, I love you man, but I 100% disagree with everything you said. Fox News is the only channel that will even cover certain stories because MSNBC is so bias that they won't cover any story that makes liberals look even remotely bad, and then actually bashes Fox News for covering such stories by taking quotes from Fox News out of context to make them look ridiculous or stupid. And yes, there are conservative shows on Fox News, such as Hannity, but the whole show isn't one sided (like everything on MSNBC), meaning he'll bring liberals in on his guest panel so they can voice their opinion too, even if he doesn't agree. He lets them present their arguements and whatnot, while MSNBC won't even let anyone on there who has anything remotely conservative to say. Glenn Beck isn't affiliated with either party, his show is about questioning your government and standing up for your personal freedoms. He is all about not taking what you hear for granted and to question everything the government does because we have the right to. The government should be working for us, not the other way around. And Bill O'Reily is a conservative, but he is rather balanced when it comes to his show. If Republicans do something wrong, he has no problem pointing it out, like Dystopia said about the Obama rumor. Bill O'Reily also will be liberals on his show to get their side of issues. O'Reily, Beck, and Hannity all present their arguments intellectually with real facts, statements, quotes, etc. and though you may not agree with their opinons, you cannot argue the facts. Have you every seen Rachel Maddow on MSNBC? all her anti-conservative arguements are based upon childish name-calling and making fun of people and shit that has no facts or real ground. Besides, when I want news, I dont want to see some dyke bitch tell me why she thinks republicans suck, or why she thinks fox news is stupid. I just want to know what the fuck is going on in the world.

Fox News is the only channel that doesn't suck left wing dick and since media is generally left wing, that's why all other media hates and talks shit on fox news. And I've noticed the only people who talk shit on fox news are the people who don't watch it themselves. They cover the best stories, they present the facts, and they do it maturely, covering both sides views. MSNBC does none of those.

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2009-10-05, 07:45
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Fox news is probably the worst out of the already rotting grapevine that is television news with the support of Chris' post. Any even if I did like Fox news or MSNBC, watching either simply because its not as stinky as the other piles of shit is still no reason to watch either.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2009-10-05, 08:46
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

A waterpipe exploded in my school so no school for the next 2 days I guess...and only 1 week to vacations

R.I.P moe

Old 2009-10-05, 12:08
Pr0az
Post-whore

Fuck American news its so bias I have to get my news from the BBC online, or wait till like 11:00 at night and watch it on the tube.

Old 2009-10-05, 12:41
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia
Bill O'Reily actually argued against that rumor, saying it was proven false.
One panelist? Oh, well I guess that makes up for the rest of them.

Quote:
Intolerant? Anti-Environment? Do you even watch Fox News?
Not when I can help it. I do wonder, though, if you ever have. I would be easy enough to find a gillion examples of Fox's conservative anti-environment agenda, but this one is still fresh in my mind PLUS hilarious in it's irony and hypocrisy, so here you go - http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,552081,00.html

If you can't tell me three things that are wrong with this story, you know nothing about either economics or ecology.

Quote:
And they have plenty of minoriggers on Fox. Hell, Hucklebee fricken JAMS on his show!
How am I supposed to take you seriously if you can't even fucking spell Huckabee? Don't you even know the names of the politicians whose agendas are being baby fed to you?

Quote:
The war in Iraq is justified by a couple reasons. 1) We had intent to believe that Saddam had or was constructing nuclear weapons, and by how much time we spent just signing the "We are going to war finally" Bill, they probably hid them in some Siberian/Iranian caves. Think about it.
I lol'ed. I'm honestly not sure if you're still trying to present a serious argument or just trolling for lulz, but this is sooooo far off the base that I'm not even sure where to start. The "evidence" that Saddam was engaged in intentionally ambiguous "weapons of mass destruction" production was heavily, heavily fudged, doctored, and even outright lied about by various conservative politicians and their backers.

Here's a few links so you can educate yourself. Don't live in the dark ages, friend.
http://www.carnegieendowment.org/st...mary_Tables.pdf
http://www.carnegieendowment.org/np...a=view&id=14913
http://www.carnegieendowment.org/np...a=view&id=14914

The links are from a nonpartisan, independent research organization.

Quote:
2) Saddam's a fucking asshole and we need to maintain a beneficial control rather than have three major connected enemies (Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, connected by land) and I know we have more, but making a dent in any of those countries helps us at least slow them down with their sick Islamic terrorism.

This is nothing more than revisionist history concocted by someone who doesn't understand anything about Middle Eastern politics. Nobody was arguing that point at the outset of the war, and it isn't anymore likely than Czechoslovakia reuniting to declare war on Finland or Cuba and New Zealand teaming up to invade the Philippines. All Iranians are absolute enemies to al Qaeda and other Islamic extremists based out of Afghanistan, as well as to most Iraqis. Iraq and Iran absolutely hated each other, especially true with their extremists and fundamentalists. I'm not sure if you or any other protected, middle-class white right wingers are willing to understand another part of the world, but al Qaeda are just as motivated to murder innocent Iranians as they are Americans; same heaven, same brown eyed virgins. Iran's a lot closer, too.

The standard of news on television has been garbage for a while now; the network TV news spends more time talking about Britney Spears' new haircut than they do discussing actual news, and the 24 hour news networks are heavily biased garbage. Waylon was absolutely right when he said that MSNBC is fucking garbage. Fox News happens to be worse; the worst of the absolute worst, and luckily most of America (and tons of amused foreigners) sees that.

Old 2009-10-05, 12:54
Wolfsherz
Post-whore

Anyone here familiar with ASIO4All?
Kinda having a problem with it

Quote:

Old 2009-10-05, 12:57
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

I forgot to mention that Mike Huckabee is a right wing fundamentalist who doesn't offer a very different view than the rest of Fox News. For anyone curious about him and what he believes, I have two words for you; SOUTHERN BAPTIST.

For those uninformed, that typically means (and is certainly true in the case of Huckabee)-
-anti-choice
-anti-gay
-anti-environment
-anti-science
-anti-evolution

He doesn't believe women should see combat in the military, he is strongly opposed against homosexuality, and for many years opposed government funded AIDS research (while simultaneously supporting TUBERCULOSIS research!). Dude is as conservative as you can get without turning into Bill O'Reilly.

Old 2009-10-05, 13:37
blitz906
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
I forgot to mention that Mike Huckabee is a right wing fundamentalist who doesn't offer a very different view than the rest of Fox News. For anyone curious about him and what he believes, I have two words for you; SOUTHERN BAPTIST.

For those uninformed, that typically means (and is certainly true in the case of Huckabee)-
-anti-choice
-anti-gay
-anti-environment
-anti-science
-anti-evolution

He doesn't believe women should see combat in the military, he is strongly opposed against homosexuality, and for many years opposed government funded AIDS research (while simultaneously supporting TUBERCULOSIS research!). Dude is as conservative as you can get without turning into Bill O'Reilly.

There isn't enough facepalm in the world to show how I feel when I hear about people like this.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 2009-10-05, 13:53
Pr0az
Post-whore

Chris honestly if they like FOX news and actually buy into the shit...no point of arguing a point with them because well look how full of shit the actual people they watch are.

Old 2009-10-05, 14:29
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

No news station presents a left wing view, nor does any station cater to a left wing audience. MSNBC and the other ostensibly 'left wing' news stations are CENTRIST. There's a popular misconception in America that our so-called 'right wing' and 'left wing' views are equivalently far to the right and left of center, but the way politics works in this country is that 'right wing' views are somewhat right of center (not extremely right, but noticeably so) and 'left wing' views tend to be right at or slightly left of center. There is not a left wing political party to speak of in the US, nor is there any news outlet that can be considered major that favors a left wing viewpoint. If you believe that that's the case, you've listened to too many right wing assholes who are mad that news can come out without a significant right wing slant - even MSNBC has a slight one, as much as they would like to pretend they don't.

And the reason for that is that all of these news networks are owned by rich people who would prefer to stay rich, and are therefore as a rule on the right side of center. Same deal with all politicians. You don't live in a country where left wing options are available. So why are you always bitching about it?

And yes, Fox News is incredibly bad. So are all the other major media outlets. Fox News isn't actually so much more right wing than the others; it, like other News Corp brands, caters to the broadest possible demographic, which in this country happens to be unthinkingly conservative. That it's unthinkingly conservative as a result should come as no surprise. Murdoch is always taking the easiest route towards popularity, and that's it here. It's not even a political mandate so much as a financial one.

And honestly, you're all kidding yourselves if you think that anything other than finance matters in your presentation of the news. I know it's fun to believe that a station presents your viewpoint, but it doesn't (and, properly speaking, a news outlet should not present a viewpoint, cunts), and only masquerades as doing so because it wants revenue. It's a business, and like any other business its primary concern is wringing money out of people who think it doesn't hate them. So enjoy.

'Hucklebee's' was pretty funny, though. I like when people decide that words have letters in them that aren't actually pronounced in saying said word. It's like proactive stupidity.

Old 2009-10-05, 14:49
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

Quote:
a news outlet should not present a viewpoint
EXACTLY

Also whenever I'm channel surfing and land on Fox News or MSNBC, most of the time the topic they're covering isn't even news (and it's usually Nancy Grace). It's usually about a mother killing her baby or something along those lines. Topics like that shouldn't make national news; local news sure but not national news.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

“I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'.” - Early Cuyler

Old 2009-10-05, 14:56
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Yeah, they're all critically fucked. It's still a wonder to me that anybody defends any of them.

Old 2009-10-05, 15:38
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

The same corporations own the outlets which are apparently in competition. It's the illusion of choice, muthafuckas! And that applies to Britain, too. Even Al Jazeera has fallen right into line in recent years. Fox is especially unpalatable to me, though. There's shit, and then there's shit with extra nuts and gravy. Checking foreign news to find out what's going on in your own country is probably a good idea, but in the current geopolitical climate an American checking out the BBC or the Guardian is in for more of the same, and vice versa.

Alternative news is the only way to go these days, and even that appears to be coming to the end of its run in terms of its credibility. The waters have been well and truly muddied by aforementioned bum-gravy. If anyone wants to know anything about the latest political, economical or environmental developments it's probably easier to just ask me what's goin' down to Chinatown, for I am Paddy.

Old 2009-10-05, 19:01
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOwnSavior
EXACTLY

Also whenever I'm channel surfing and land on Fox News or MSNBC, most of the time the topic they're covering isn't even news (and it's usually Nancy Grace). It's usually about a mother killing her baby or something along those lines. Topics like that shouldn't make national news; local news sure but not national news.

haha, Nancy Grace is on Headline News. I hate that bitch. She thinks she is so fucking important, as if she is solely responsible for cracking the cases on those missing children. Fuck that stupid cunt.

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2009-10-05, 22:20
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

One of them even hired Geraldo when he should have stayed shut up in Capone's hidey-hole.

lol Fox Cleveland showed this this morning. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePNW...feature=related

Last edited by L,B'XXX : 2009-10-05 at 22:26.

Old 2009-10-06, 00:53
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

So I've decided that I'm willing to sell my Soloist. Anyone interested?

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2009-10-06, 05:55
Pr0az
Post-whore

Help if you include a price there...but if you want us to bid I'll start the bidding at $350.00