MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Guitar Zone
User Name
Password

Old 2003-01-29, 21:31
New Blood

Question Should I buy a B.C. Rich Warlock?

As the thread's title says I'm interested in buying a Warlock. I'm trying really hard to save the money for it (I'm thinking about a second-hand one).

So, my questions are:

- Can u tell me an estimative price from your local musical instruments store (SH or FH) ? Here in Romania we don't have a BC Rich distributor, so I'll have to buy one from outside the country (or from someone who brought it from outside Romania).

- For those of you who own one or played on one: Does it worth the money? Can I obtain a good tone for death metal (I am the guitar and vocal player in a death metal band, VEPRES. Somethig like Six Feet Under)

- Is the Beast better?

I'd appreciate any kind of information you can give me!
Old 2003-01-30, 01:53
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to HYPOCRISY 666
Should I buy a B.C. Rich Warlock?

i bought mine at guitar center the normal bronze one and i love it to me it has a good death metal sound but it also depends on what pedal your using, well i bought mine for about 149 there is also one that comes with a little amp with a widow head stock wich is nice.....dont know the price though
http://www.bcrich.com/guitars/bronz...nze_warlock.htm
i have this one in black and its great.....
Old 2003-01-30, 04:16
Post-whore

In a store in Utrecht(holland) they sell one with an amp for 350,-
Old 2003-01-30, 09:51
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to mrweijia Send a message via Yahoo to mrweijia
i dont have one, but here in vancouver, its $500
Old 2003-01-30, 15:37
Post-whore

Send a message via Yahoo to metal=life
i have a b.c. rich warlock n.j. series. It was ok when i got it but i put new pickups in it and a new bridge...now it kicks ass! .....if you buy one, i recommend putting an emg 81 on the bridge and an 85 on the neck.

------D---
------E---
------A---
---METAL
------H---

"One day we all will die, a cliched fact of life."
Pantera - I'm Broken
Old 2003-01-30, 15:41
Drunken Yeti God
Alumni Staff

Send a message via ICQ to walpurgis Send a message via AIM to walpurgis Send a message via MSN to walpurgis
To answer your last question, as far as I know, the only differences between the Warlock and Beast is the body style...but I haven't checked into it or anything. Personally, I like the Beast's body style better.
Old 2003-01-30, 20:49
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to killingismybiz
I've heard that they are okay depending on what series you b-b-buy. They're around 100-600$ in the U.S. last time I checked at my music store. Warlock or beast? I haven't played either, never was interested, but as walpurgis said, the only thing I saw different with them is their body style.

My only advice I could think of is, don't buy a red one with an orange glow! I found those hideous. Nightmares.
Old 2003-01-30, 20:50
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to HYPOCRISY 666
if your only going for the body style i would get the beast those are fucken sweet with floyd rose action but if you want something simple go for the warlock either way you dont lose out.
Old 2003-01-30, 20:56
New Blood

Send a message via AIM to MurderOfAngels
I say go for it. I've got both a platinum series and NJ series warlock...but ever since I've gotten the NJ the platinum has basically just sat around collecting dust. If you're going to get one I highly recommend getting the NJ. There's a world of difference between the two.
Old 2003-01-31, 05:56
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally posted by walpurgis
To answer your last question, as far as I know, the only differences between the Warlock and Beast is the body style...but I haven't checked into it or anything. Personally, I like the Beast's body style better.

I like a Warlock more than that, but still nothing beats a black Explorer
Old 2003-02-01, 04:15
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to dai saunders
www.musicianfreind.com is good for warlocks

btw has anyone seen the maveric xtreme
cause its really nice the neck is in 2 colours black/white the controls are set lying down in the body its got two humbuckers that have two colour cases black/white again theres is only one problem with it

it costs 800pound (british money) nice though

if i can get a pic ill put it on here

dimebag

gone but never forgotten
Old 2003-02-01, 17:11
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Bones98
The bridge from the Bronze series Warlock sucks!!!!
I had a BC RICH Bich bronze series and the bridge was uncomfortable.......
BC rich is now kinda getting trendy...IN california I'm seeing more people buying BC RIch
Old 2003-02-01, 21:29
Senior Metalhead

BC Riches have always been "trendy" so I dont know what you're talking about. People are buying them because of their looks.

"Oh wow, the look is so radicial! Surely if I play this people will think I'm rebelious. And it won't matter how good it plays... people won't know, just look at it! Im sure it could cut a piece of frozen steak..."

They must supply the demand!! How many guitar companies start to become crapified guitar makin' companies!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sadly the BC Rich guitars were adopted by the heavy metal musicians during the early 80's, not for their high quality tone woods, not for their innovative neck double octave "24 fret" neck through body design, but for their radical nonconformist shapes. This guitar was something Mom and Dad and their lame Woodstock generation granny glasses wearing', Volvo Driving', 60's Hippie turned Yuppie traditional notions were not going to approve of. "Radical Dude"

Timing is everything...

BC Rich Guitars enjoy a small niche of very loyal very dedicated fans. However this writer's opinion is that BC Rich were slightly ahead of their time "to their own detriment".

Whenever a new music genre comes on the scene the first people to pioneer it usually are not accomplished musicians, When Rock N' Roll was young nobody could play real well and every song was a 3 chord progression. When metal started it was mostly an off shoot of very young 70's Kiss fans who at an early age simply had not perfected their chops. Thusly their first guitars were BC Rich cheaper models that were imported under licensing agreements and bore no resemblance to the original models except that they shared the same shapes. This did irreparable damage to BC Rich in the long run. Many people believe falsely that BC Rich was just a low end low quality guitar because they have never been exposed to the handmade models. " - http://edromanguitars.com

Last edited by killingismybiz : 2003-02-01 at 21:35.
Old 2003-02-01, 23:49
Post-whore

Send a message via Yahoo to metal=life
Quote:
Originally posted by killingismybiz
BC Riches have always been "trendy" so I dont know what you're talking about. People are buying them because of their looks.

"Oh wow, the look is so radicial! Surely if I play this people will think I'm rebelious. And it won't matter how good it plays... people won't know, just look at it! Im sure it could cut a piece of frozen steak..."

They must supply the demand!! How many guitar companies start to become crapified guitar makin' companies!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sadly the BC Rich guitars were adopted by the heavy metal musicians during the early 80's, not for their high quality tone woods, not for their innovative neck double octave "24 fret" neck through body design, but for their radical nonconformist shapes. This guitar was something Mom and Dad and their lame Woodstock generation granny glasses wearing', Volvo Driving', 60's Hippie turned Yuppie traditional notions were not going to approve of. "Radical Dude"

Timing is everything...

BC Rich Guitars enjoy a small niche of very loyal very dedicated fans. However this writer's opinion is that BC Rich were slightly ahead of their time "to their own detriment".

Whenever a new music genre comes on the scene the first people to pioneer it usually are not accomplished musicians, When Rock N' Roll was young nobody could play real well and every song was a 3 chord progression. When metal started it was mostly an off shoot of very young 70's Kiss fans who at an early age simply had not perfected their chops. Thusly their first guitars were BC Rich cheaper models that were imported under licensing agreements and bore no resemblance to the original models except that they shared the same shapes. This did irreparable damage to BC Rich in the long run. Many people believe falsely that BC Rich was just a low end low quality guitar because they have never been exposed to the handmade models. " - http://edromanguitars.com

Shut the fuck up...

------D---
------E---
------A---
---METAL
------H---

"One day we all will die, a cliched fact of life."
Pantera - I'm Broken
Old 2003-02-02, 00:35
Senior Metalhead

You're too kind(no, I insist that you are)...

I never said "Oh... dont buy a rich, they'll be the death of you!! Waaaahh!" In a earlier post I said "They're okay depending on what series you buy." And it's fucking true. I'd rather get one of those neck-thru series than one of those 99$ discount ones at the music shop.

Also quoting my whole post ealier was abit the extreme, you should have just pointed out what ticked you off, unless all 320 words (1631 characters, 15 sentences) did.

Anyways, good luck on picking out your guitar Vepres
Old 2003-02-02, 14:23
Senior Metalhead

Ed Roman is a jackass and a cock monger. There's a reason he got his ass kicked at NAMM.
I don't care where it goes
And it don't matter if you're straight or gay
You should fuck yourself anyway
Now, you don't have to listen to a word I say
But I know you, you'll be humpin' away
Old 2003-02-03, 12:58
Post-whore

what's wrong with ed roman? seriously, i've never heard of him.
Old 2003-02-03, 17:53
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Midnight Send a message via Yahoo to Midnight
I would never buy an import BC Rich.. I think they're trash. I've played on warlocks platnium and N.J. and Beasts alike.. I've also played on an Acrylic and an american made BC.. The warlocks and beasts were cheap and sounded just the same.. the acrylic was ungodly heavy.. you couldn't hold that thing through a 40 minute set unless you were a cyborg.. But the American made was incredible.. I played on a 7 string ignitor it was fuckin' awesome.. I wasted my money on bullshit guitars because I thought "hey it's a guitar what could be the difference between a 1,000 dollar one and a 400 dollar one" Well the difference is huge.. And I won't ever make that mistake again.. Just my $.02 though..
Old 2003-02-03, 18:39
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally posted by PantericA
what's wrong with ed roman? seriously, i've never heard of him.

http://www.jemsite.com/scrapbk/fb.htm#piss-ant

http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ul...f=1;t=000347;p=

http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ul...ic;f=1;t=000215

http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ul...ic;f=1;t=000373

also do a forum search at Jemsite... around the online world, you'll be hard-pressed to find many people who like this fucker.
I don't care where it goes
And it don't matter if you're straight or gay
You should fuck yourself anyway
Now, you don't have to listen to a word I say
But I know you, you'll be humpin' away
Old 2003-02-03, 23:32
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally posted by metal=life
Shut the fuck up...

thanks dude...