MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2002-12-31, 05:59
TheKtuluCall

effects

I like to play a lot of "starts with a metal and ends with a lica"(oh no i said the M word) anyways, what kind of pedal could i get to get a sound like them? Just anything that can make clean and distorded sounds?

Old 2003-01-03, 21:40
Setdown
Metalhead

sorrie man, can't help you! but at least you have a reply now! I'm really not into mettalica...
The victory is ours.

Old 2003-01-03, 21:45
reign in blood
Metalhead

get a boss mt2 metalzone , also there's a post in here about eq settings for a master of puppets sound good luck@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by atifman : 2003-08-28 at 21:52.

Old 2003-01-03, 23:20
TheKtuluCall

i was looking into this digitech metal master-heavy metal distortion pedal, and it can immitate other pedal sounds (like DOD death metal and the boss metal zone) so im thinking of getting that one.

Old 2003-01-03, 23:35
Ivanhoe
New Blood

Old 2003-01-03, 23:54
TheKtuluCall

Thx that helped

Old 2003-01-15, 14:41
bayernangel
New Blood

metallica sound

If you want a good metallica sound you should get the boss metal zone because it mostly a sharp sounding pedal like metallica sound on justice stuff for the previous albums when the rocked they didnt use pedals they use good old tubes so just fuck with your amp keep the low low for that sandpaper sound like you hear on motorbreath. If you got any other metallica questions hit me up I got a lot of metallica knowledge

Old 2003-01-18, 02:25
TheKtuluCall

thx

Old 2003-01-18, 16:01
MechanicalRaper
Senior Metalhead

Re: metallica sound

Quote:
Originally posted by bayernangel
If you want a good metallica sound you should get the boss metal zone because it mostly a sharp sounding pedal like metallica sound on justice stuff for the previous albums when the rocked they didnt use pedals they use good old tubes so just fuck with your amp keep the low low for that sandpaper sound like you hear on motorbreath. If you got any other metallica questions hit me up I got a lot of metallica knowledge

not true... James used a ProCo Rat for Kill 'Em All, and Kirk used a "Boss Distortion pedal" (no specification as to model)... that said, nothing will beat a good tube amp.

My suggestion would be to sit down with several pedals, like the Metal Zone, the DS-1, the DOD, and Digitech ones, and anything else that interests you, try them out, and see what you like.
I don't care where it goes
And it don't matter if you're straight or gay
You should fuck yourself anyway
Now, you don't have to listen to a word I say
But I know you, you'll be humpin' away

Old 2003-01-21, 22:20
TheKtuluCall

would anyone know how to get that solo sound effect on the low frets like in Iron Maiden's "The Evil That Men Do?"

Old 2003-01-28, 22:18
TheKtuluCall

i got a boss mt-2 metal zone, i ordered it from ebay without trying out anyother pedals cause it was only $66 american. i hope it like it...