MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Poetry Lyrical

Old 2009-06-11, 23:13
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Dull Day

Just getting in touch with my inner hippie on a wonderfully, drizzly day. Thanks for reading.

"Dull Day"

Time to clear my head
Time to let it wander
Time to let my feet
Go where ever they want to
Time to break in two
Yesterday from tomorrow

Not sunlit
Not darkened sky
Just a mellow day
That makes the head feel high
Rain, a mist that doesn't bother me
Quiets the tires on the street
Quiets my mind

Like a walk through a rain forest
Wild roses blooming, intoxicating scent
Leaves slow caress like a one of a kind companion
Humid and heavy smile, step above sleep

Bask in the glow of the time that runs short
This too shall pass and turn into brilliance
Like a shooting star that's rare to see
For now I'll listen to the spin of light traffic
Energize and groove in the dull day

BJH
6/11/2009

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2009-06-14, 12:04
Unanything
Post-whore

Now I want a rainy day... I can feel the relaxing, weird, pins-and-needles sensation in my face... Unfortunately in Aberdeen here we just get endless cloud, spitting and sea fog. Scotland's most crap weather, and that's saying something.

Reminded me of the running water meditation I used to do, with the elements of submission, letting go, cessation etc... It's probably identical to it.

Verse III is very hippie. Makes me think of a hippie or previous hippie (or even a closet hippie as, funnily enough, you claim to be!) who has surrendered to time, modern life and/or establishment and is out getting a fix of his/her old self. I liked it, although having few hippie sentiments, it still made me want to find bad weather and simply sit in silence in it. I could do with it after my uni' exams.

www.garageband.com/tranxnart
www.myspace.com/tranxnart
www.youtube.com/user/Tranxhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadude
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!

Old 2009-06-14, 13:28
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Getting a fix on my old self was exactly what I was going for. Just the old drugless state of contentment that's surfaced just enough throughout life to make it a perfect vacation. I'm glad you liked it and got some relaxation from it, too.
Not that anyone would get the reference but me, the "spin of light traffic" referred to listening to some old mellow Traffic while I was writing. The atmosphere and their old stuff have always seemed to meld for me.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2009-06-14, 20:10
Unanything
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
Getting a fix on my old self was exactly what I was going for. Just the old drugless state of contentment that's surfaced just enough throughout life to make it a perfect vacation. I'm glad you liked it and got some relaxation from it, too.
Not that anyone would get the reference but me, the "spin of light traffic" referred to listening to some old mellow Traffic while I was writing. The atmosphere and their old stuff have always seemed to meld for me.

I did think that traffic thing was obscure, although night cityscapes have been known to relax me. At least if it's a nice city or a nice room with a good view. More things we are starved of in Aberdeen, Scotland.

And you're welcome.

www.garageband.com/tranxnart
www.myspace.com/tranxnart
www.youtube.com/user/Tranxhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadude
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!