MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Old 2004-10-12, 07:28
New Blood

Post YOUR band

I dont know which forum this belongs to, so mods, please shift in case this is the wrong place to post such a thread!

I have a band called Narsil, not very original yes, but I liked the sound of it, so...

here's the link: www.one97.net/upload/golu/

Please download the "death comprendez" track. No vocals as yet, only instruments. Mixed/recorded at home.

Mostly soft rock this is, nothing hard or heavy as most people seem to like it, though it might appeal to death metal fans(for some vague reason people keep telling me my music appeals to death metal fans - cant for the world figure out why!).

We're from India, and currently a 2 member band - both of us guitarists, and the drums and bass are programmed - nothing fancy, just some very basic stuff!

Would appreciate some feedback!

Influences: Beatles, Eagles, some modern girl/boy bands, glam rock, and some nu-metal!

P.S. - Ryan Parry rules! I can't figure out why you guys bash the poor kid so much, he's just trying to do what he feels is music, and I really relate to his music. In fact, he was the main reason why I started writing songs in the first place!
Old 2004-10-12, 09:09
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

corrodedwhat's with the new name?
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx
Old 2004-10-12, 23:34
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to corroded
thats not me

thats the other guitarist...please dont flame the poor guy he's yet to learn the wicked ways of metaltabs
Old 2004-10-13, 00:49
New Blood

gah shetty!! i forgot about ur wimpy ass here! Ah well anyway, it was a lame attempt at a joke, flame me all you want, it's fun any way!

We're death metal, right in your face, and i'm the other guitarist, producer, drum programmer whatnot, and corroded is the shred maestro...

we have yet to record vocals, whch should be sometime soon, but for now this is all we have! Produced at home et all!!

Pardon my lame ass post<which would have been fun if corroded had not already made u guys hear it!!!> but would definately like some feedback!

Cheerio!
Old 2004-10-16, 11:44
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
I tell you what. I've listened to 2 songs and the drum solo and you've got a kick ass sound. And I'm an old lady ! The one I'm listening to now reminds me of a cross between Metallica and Cannibal Corpse. haha I like the way you use dissonance in Track 1 vox about 4 :30 into the piece.
Very solid, tight sound. It doesn't sound like just noise. And for doing it at home it's really good. I fought with Audacity for awhile just trying to do a simple recording which I managed to do and it's lost somewhere in my pc now ! haha

Nice job though.

I have a very good friend in Calcutta that's studying guitar, but he's not into playing shred yet. Is New Delhi anywhere near there?

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!
Old 2004-10-17, 23:45
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
I tell you what. I've listened to 2 songs and the drum solo and you've got a kick ass sound. And I'm an old lady ! The one I'm listening to now reminds me of a cross between Metallica and Cannibal Corpse. haha I like the way you use dissonance in Track 1 vox about 4 :30 into the piece.
Very solid, tight sound. It doesn't sound like just noise. And for doing it at home it's really good. I fought with Audacity for awhile just trying to do a simple recording which I managed to do and it's lost somewhere in my pc now ! haha

Nice job though.

I have a very good friend in Calcutta that's studying guitar, but he's not into playing shred yet. Is New Delhi anywhere near there?

thanx for putting up with our stuff

calcutta is some 1000 km from new delhi...its east india while we are in the north.
Old 2004-10-18, 11:00
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Send a message via ICQ to L,B'XXX Send a message via AIM to L,B'XXX Send a message via Yahoo to L,B'XXX
I've not only listened to your stuff myself, I've told some of my friends about you guys at the other forum I frequent and sent them your music web address.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Old 2004-10-18, 11:10
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

haven't had time to listen yet, but this shouldn't be here, lol. maybe I should move this to bands?
Old 2004-10-18, 15:00
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Yeah, you could do that. I'm kinda glad it was here though, but if you have the ability to leave the title here and yet still transfer it. That might be a possiblility, too. You're the king of this castle. It's all yours !

Old 2004-10-18, 15:05
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

By the way, Def, I think there's another thread here that should be transferred that has nothing to do with lyrical writing or poetry anymore and is continuing to overshadow legitimate versical threads and throw others to a page back.
Just my opinion.

Old 2004-10-18, 22:56
Post-whore

and def thanks for moving the thread & not deleting it
Old 2004-12-22, 11:10
New Blood

Post Post YOUR band

Please post a band youre in or were in. Include things like what kinda metal you play and who influences you. Also what bands you think you sound most like...
Old 2004-12-22, 11:32
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via MSN to Mania
Does it count if it's just one or two people?
If so then I'm lead guitarist/bassist at the moment in a band influenced by Burzum, Mayhem and Abruptum for a very evil atmosphere. There's only two of us and as yet we haven't got a drummer but we're working on it. We sound very much like Emperor in the guitar riffs. Otherwise, I don't know who the vocalist sounds like, he's got a sound of his own in my opinion.

Nothing is too sick R.I.P Euronymous

WILL THE WORLD JUST SHUT UP ABOUT VARG VIKERNES!!
Old 2004-12-22, 14:06
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via MSN to Myrmidonlord666 Send a message via Yahoo to Myrmidonlord666
www.myspace.com/myrmidon an old rehearsal recording, we will be updating with some new shit

Its old School Death metal type shit Enjoy!
Originally Posted by xdislexicx
it was too hifi for me...
it's like a hot chick that is horrible in bed.
Old 2004-12-22, 15:14
Supreme Metalhead

Ok, but I'm sure I've done this before.

I was in a band called Dark Demise (Yes. The name does suck.) for a few years. I wrote none of the music, and played for the shit of it. We mainly played covers, until our guitarist and drummer began to develop and unhealthy love for hardcore. We split up because our singer is mormon and is going on his mission soon. We probably sounded like every other metal cover band ever created by a group of highschool friends.

I was also in a band called Neverending War (I know, the names just get better and better.) in which we played almost straight hardcore. I don't even have a passing interest in most hardcore, and did this because the guys in the band are my friends. We sounded like hardcore, with enough metal to keep me temporarily satisfied. This band is still around, but I'm no longer in it, as I've got petty things like school, my abhorrent lady situation, and believe it or not, a METAL band I helped create getting in the way.

I play bass, by the way.

Ok, now on to Necroscope. Necroscope is the current incarnation of what was once Anubis. Now, we found that there are several other bands named Anubis, and figured we needed a new name. Our rythm guitarist loves Brian Lumley's work, so we went with Necroscope. We formed in August of 2000, and play a coherent blend of power, (Our rythm guitarist, Brett's stuff) death, (Our singer Shawn's stuff), and thrash (My stuff). Now, we are currently preparing for our first show, at a Hip-Hop showcase in January at my high school. Yep, thrash at a Hip-Hop show. We hope to record a demo over either spring break, or this coming summer. We should have one done, as we have roughly six or seven songs, but our soon to be ex-drummer does crack, and is about as reliable as, hmmmm, a crack addict. To describe our sound is hard, as teh individual sounds often meld into something that we like to think is at least somewhat original. The stuff I write is more often than not, highly influenced by Overkill, Kreator, Megadeth, and, on occasion King Diamond. Brett's stuff is often Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Gamma Ray, and Children of Bodom style stuff. Our singer, Shawn, worships pretty much all that is stereotypical of a black/death lover. He listens to a shitload of Gorgoroth, Burzum, and Immortal, as well as stuff like Kataklysm, Dissection, and Borknagar. He also worships the ground that Gothenburg was built upon, so take that as you will. Our lead guitarist hasn't written much, but he loves punk and thrash, so him and I usually agree.

And there you have it. There are four metal bands in my town, and I'm involved with three of them.
And then sing it with a passion
Painted faces in a circus
Images they brings to mind
When I read my Penny Dreadful
Filled with pictures of your kind
Old 2004-12-29, 21:07
Senior Metalhead

i played guitar in a band that fell apart because everyone apart from the drummer quite or got sacked. we had a pull of 200 after doing two gigs though.
now im in a band called Amon rA. we are the egyptian vanhalen/ironmaiden/ozzyozbourne/pantera. (im not egyptian. but i met someone who went to egypt once. i think. van halens just in there for humor)

i have a band that does deathmetal covers of the darkness. a band that does self written death metal, a band that does stadium rock like meatloaf or guns n roses. and about a million cheesy bands called things like axe attack, or sons of thunder. or lightening bolt. all of which have compulsary spandex dress codes. oh and im the only member as of yet.

one day i hope to get a life
"The complexity of the penguins' lifestyle testifies to a Divine Creator," said one commentator on Christian Answers. "To think that natural selection or even the penguins themselves could come up with the idea to migrate miles and miles multiple times each year without their partner or their offspring is a bit insulting to my intellect. How great is our God!"
Old 2004-12-29, 22:26
HES BAAACK

i play guitar in excoriated with lamb of god \m/ and metalthrasingmad

we do thrash and death metal covers...and we're starting to write
Old 2004-12-29, 22:31
Post-whore

Send a message via AIM to Dystopia
Me and my friend are starting up a thrash/grind/death/crapcore band. We don't plan on taking it seriously or anything. We don't TRY to suck, but we don't try too hard to be good either. We are thinking about covering Iron Man and/or Raining Blood, but we aren't sure. Maybe just for fun we will but possibly not at shows. The lyrics are funny as shit. Extremly random. The music is quite quick, a little powerchordy every now and then (not my fault), and about a hundred other words I could use to describe it.

I play drums/microphone, he plays guitar/backups and, hopefully in at least one song, trombone.
Old 2004-12-30, 11:46
But why is the rum gone ?

Send a message via MSN to Disincarnate
i play bass n was in a band called inherited curse......we played maiden,bodom,death.......the band is stilll around....but now they play stuff like metallica,maiden,megadeth

my current band is called homicide(think the name sux.....but the guitarist is hellbent on keepin it)...its a 3 peice band.....we play mainly self comps......influenced mainly by cryptopsy,death,cephalic carnage,cock and ball torture etc....we are basically a "grind band with death influence and gore lyrics"

im also in this jazz-death metal band called sadistic......it basiically a side project of mine and the 2 guitarists of inherited curse and are in a search for a drummer

Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely

Quote:
Guitarists are just people who could Never make it as a Bassist

www.riversofgore.com

Join The Forum CUNT
Old 2004-12-30, 12:05
bugfucker strikes back.

Send a message via AIM to Dissection
I'm in few bands, and its pretty much all of the same members (we are into alot of different genres, and it wouldn't be right to not make the types of music we love, right? Right. )

Advent - Progressive/Doom Metal. Mostly Opeth-ish and other doom influenced music. This is the only band we've actually recorded stuff on. My drummer and I are not releasing any of it until we finish our demo... eventually... er... once we stop dicking around with the next 2 bands.

PMD (Purple Monkey Dishwasher) - Stoner Metal whose name comes from an episode of the Simpsons where Homer mutters something and says "Purple Monkey Dishwasher" after it. hehe. Its pretty much a jam band, but we are looking to add someone on vocals.

Dying Sun - A black metal band that was born out of a bet about 2 weeks ago. I set out to prove that I could write a good black metal ep and record it in less than a months time. I started writing a week ago, so I've got 3 weeks left. We have all songs pretty much written, and we might record on Saturday. Hehe. This should be fun. The name of the band is a joke, and not meant to be taken seriously. "Dying Sun" comes from Darkthrone's "A Blaze in the Northern Sky:"

"...of a Devoid Dying Sun"

Awesome.