MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Vocal Zone

Old 2009-04-13, 20:00
donkeypuncher85
New Blood

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I looked a bit in this forum and didn't see anyone state that they had this same problem...

Well, I've been trying to do vocals for a little over a year or so and there is an unwanted sound that comes out. Its a bit like a weird gargling sound. I have some songs recorded. There are no effects on my vocals by the way.

www.myspace.com/sourmilktheorem00

Also, when I sometimes try to do gutterals, its sounds like I'm using to much voice or something. But I don't think I'm using much at all. If anyone could give me some help or tips or... anything, it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 2009-04-13, 20:16
7-string warlord
Post-whore

I don't really know what gargling you are talking about....I really like the music, and the vocals add to it I think...as for the voice coming out in gutturals....I think that's more of an experience thing....maybe your "gargling" thing too. When I was only singing for about a year I felt the same way....I'd just keep working on it...because you sound pretty good, you could easily improve after some time.

Old 2009-04-13, 20:45
donkeypuncher85
New Blood

Well thank you for the quick reply.

Yeah, you maybe right. I'll try practicing some more and see what happens. If I still have that problem after another year I guess I should start asking again, haha.

Thanks again.

Old 2009-04-13, 20:53
7-string warlord
Post-whore

yeah after a while ou should get more comfortable with things and you can find little things you can change in your whole little"vocal mechanism" to get better sounds. I know it sounds really odd....I have a very basic way of approaching vocals and it's hard for me to convey my ideas...