MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands

View Poll Results: What did you think of Evisceration Plague?
Sucked a caribou's dick with Price Chopper Imitation Vanilla Extract 0 0%
Disappointment 0 0%
Decent, but nothing special 5 38.46%
Quite good so far 5 38.46%
I can't listen to this album with my mom in the room because it makes me jizz so hard 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-02-11, 22:49
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Cannibal Corpse - Evisceration Plague

So, what does everything think of this album so far? Disappointment? About what you expected? Did it exceed expectation? Let's hear it, twats.

Old 2009-02-12, 00:21
guitar_demon
MotörCat

about what i expected it to be, nothing spectacular but an overall solid release
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!

Old 2009-02-13, 15:31
Unanything
Post-whore

I agree. Although there was something slightly different about Corpsegrinder's vocals this time.

www.garageband.com/tranxnart
www.myspace.com/tranxnart
www.youtube.com/user/Tranxhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadude
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!

Old 2009-02-13, 20:25
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

I'll admit that this is better than I was expecting from the clips I heard on Rhapsody or Amazon or whatever site it was. Scalding Hail, Evidence in the Furnace, and Unnatural are as good as any of their other great songs. So far none of the songs are bad, most of them are decent to good, and a handful are very good or better.

The biggest problem that this album suffers from is that the songs aren't quite as catchy here as they are on the last two albums or past greats like Gallery and TotM. I'd place this a full letter grade below Kill (or TWS, for that matter), but still an above average DM album. Somewhere in the B- or B range, for those who like those type of arbitrary and constantly fluctuating ratings.

Old 2009-02-16, 23:14
rapeandruin
Post-whore

From the small amount I've listened to it. It immediately reminded me of Gallery of Suicide. Maybe the recording but it didn't sound as modern as The Wretched Spawn. I liked what I heard though.

Old 2009-02-17, 13:25
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

handful of really solid tracks, the rest are good. Better than Kill, but not as good as TWS.

Awesome.

Old 2009-02-17, 23:05
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissection
handful of really solid tracks, the rest are good. Better than Kill, but not as good as TWS.

Fail of epic proportions.

Kill is better than most people's entire lives.

Old 2009-02-19, 02:15
Requiem
Post-whore

"Decent, but nothing special".

Old 2009-02-22, 03:32
TruthDevoid
Drugged Unholy

I fucking love it. blows TWS outta the water and I'd have to place it above Kill right now, but that could be just because its something new. Only time shall tell. The production is definitely better than Kill and the drumming is definitely an improvement over any other Corpse album. Highlights for me are A Cauldron of hate and Shatter Their Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer_from_nihil
the song serial cocksucker changed my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
Are you going to snort cheap pharmaceutical drugs with your lizard as well?

Old 2009-02-23, 22:45
The Execrator
Noob lud

I honestly like TWS and Kill better than this album so far. I listened through it twice and I didn't really hear anything worthy of a "classic" title. I'll give it a few more listens tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2009-02-24, 02:21
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Yeah. The more times I listened to Kill, the more I appreciated it's true brilliance. I don't see that happening with this, but I'll give them the benefit of listening to it enough times to come to a fair conclusion. After a handful of listens, it still isn't close to TWS or Kill.

Old 2009-02-24, 19:05
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthDevoid
the drumming is definitely an improvement over any other Corpse album.

Dude, how? I've discovered what I really don't like about this album, and that is the drumming. I just can't take Paul's drumming seriously anymore. I heard that during the recording, he complained about having to blast at 200BPM. 200BPM! He is the fucking Lars of death metal drumming. His time keeping on the hihats are fucking atrocious. Every time he plays the simple thrash beat, the hi-hat is just being hit as fast as he can, in no time signature. If no ones ever noticed this, go listen carefully. As a drummer, it just sounds horrible to me. I was able to put up with it over the last 10 albums but he just isn't cutting it anymore. All of the death metal drumming community is light years ahead of him at this point and it's kind of sad that Cannibal Corpse doesn't have the drumming potential that they deserve.

On top of this, I just don't think the riffs were all that great for this album. Technical, yes. It just sounds like they came up with a few kickass riffs, but then added in the technicality after and it didn't sound that great. TWS and Kill were full of classic riffs that get stuck in my head. Evisceration Plague just isn't able to top them. Maybe next time.

Quote:
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Last edited by The Execrator : 2009-02-24 at 19:11.

Old 2009-02-25, 04:05
7-string warlord
Post-whore

I just listened to the whole thing...had it for a bit a week and listened to it in bits and pieces...I really like it. I also have kill, and butchered at birth...so I don't have a lot to go off of in comparison. The riffs are pretty cool, the vocals are good (although he seems to do the Five Nails through the Neck wail on every song) and the leads all had a cool creepy vibe to 'em. As for the drumming...I really don't care...I'm not a drummer....I watched the DVD that came with it and was impressed that the drummer nailed a lot of the songs in one take...but then again that seems kinda careless. but he never complained about blasting at 200 bpm's he just said it was difficult...but whatever, he pulled it off...he's old.

anyways the lyrics to Skewered from Ear to Eye are fuckin' goofy. They basically found a way restate the fact that someone becomes deaf and blind, then dies in about 20 different ways.

Old 2009-02-25, 20:10
Cunty Shunt
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Execrator
All of the death metal drumming community is light years ahead of him at this point and it's kind of sad that Cannibal Corpse doesn't have the drumming potential that they deserve.

I think that the drumming is what makes them different from every other death metal band, simply because it's not technical.
Fuck all that technical bullshit talk. Sometimes minimalism is FAR better. Case and point...Cannibal Corpse.

http://www.myspace.com/jimmysband

http://www.myspace.com/pyrrhicthanatologymonger

Mr. Budd on Relapse explaining LDOH's IAHC Mcd: "It sounds like an inside-out gorilla eating 50 babies a minute."

Old 2009-02-25, 21:53
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunty Shunt
I think that the drumming is what makes them different from every other death metal band, simply because it's not technical.
Fuck all that technical bullshit talk. Sometimes minimalism is FAR better. Case and point...Cannibal Corpse.

Im not even saying he should be more technical or even play faster. The drumming needs way more variety, he needs to spice some shit up. How would you guys feel if they used the same 3 or 4 guitar picking patterns for every album? It's just disappointing.

I'll give the album a 7/10. Favorite track has to be Priests of Sodom. I love the vocals on that track.

Quote:

Old 2009-02-26, 22:45
Cunty Shunt
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Execrator
Im not even saying he should be more technical or even play faster. The drumming needs way more variety, he needs to spice some shit up. How would you guys feel if they used the same 3 or 4 guitar picking patterns for every album? It's just disappointing.

I'll give you that. I just wouldn't want him to get TOO overboard.

http://www.myspace.com/jimmysband

http://www.myspace.com/pyrrhicthanatologymonger

Mr. Budd on Relapse explaining LDOH's IAHC Mcd: "It sounds like an inside-out gorilla eating 50 babies a minute."

Old 2009-03-02, 16:59
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
Fail of epic proportions.

Kill is better than most people's entire lives.

Oh hush, its an opinion. Kill is still amazing, especially considering how long they've been a band. How many bands can you think of that have released as many albums as CC, and are still putting out quality stuff?

After further listen, Evisceration is still great, but honestly doesn't have as many standout tracks as Kill did. Picking my favorite out of those two would be like picking which of your kids you like better.

Awesome.

Old 2009-03-31, 16:45
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

I don't even have to listen to this one to know I won't like it. The Bleeding was this bands last hurrah for me.