MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Tabs > Tab Questions & Requests

Old 2009-01-29, 14:08
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

"The Gathering" Tabs: Yay or Nay?

Is it worth my while submitting a tab for this band? There are currently no tabs for them on the site at the moment, and I wasn't sure if this band would be accepted. I understand that they were once considered "metal" but have evolved into something else in recent years, but the same could be said of many bands on this site, including the likes of Anathema. Then you have bands like Antimatter who are predominately acoustic, with no apparent metal beginnings and no entry in the Metal Archives.

The Gathering appears on Encyclopaedia Metallum, but so does Slipknot haha, so I'm not sure what difference that makes.

So, what say you mods?

Old 2009-01-29, 18:04
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Is it worth my while submitting a tab for this band? There are currently no tabs for them on the site at the moment, and I wasn't sure if this band would be accepted. I understand that they were once considered "metal" but have evolved into something else in recent years, but the same could be said of many bands on this site, including the likes of Anathema. Then you have bands like Antimatter who are predominately acoustic, with no apparent metal beginnings and no entry in the Metal Archives.

The Gathering appears on Encyclopaedia Metallum, but so does Slipknot haha, so I'm not sure what difference that makes.

So, what say you mods?

I think they should go, but I've never actually heard them before. PM Nomad. He knows what will go in and what won't.

Old 2009-01-29, 19:03
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Cheers mate, will do.