MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Vocal Zone
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
  #1  
Old 2008-04-09, 23:10
xafreeforallx xafreeforallx is offline
New Blood
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5
Inhaled Vocalists

That I know of

Mitch From suicide silence
Brooke from Impending doom.

what are your thoughts on them?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2008-04-10, 03:02
The Doctor's Avatar
The Doctor The Doctor is offline
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bladel, Holland
Posts: 6,806
Send a message via Yahoo to The Doctor
my brother uses them for our grindband

www.myspace.com/slijmkutennageboorte

I think they can sound very brutal
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2008-04-17, 19:44
SuspendedByTheThroat's Avatar
SuspendedByTheThroat SuspendedByTheThroat is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 304
Send a message via AIM to SuspendedByTheThroat
SS and Impending doom


NEITHER OF THEM USE INHALES

almost as bad as the people on youtube.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2008-04-18, 22:12
thedeathofamartyr thedeathofamartyr is offline
New Blood
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuspendedByTheThroat
SS and Impending doom


NEITHER OF THEM USE INHALES

almost as bad as the people on youtube.


Are you retarded? You must be a terrible vocalist if you can't distinguish inhaled vocals. Have you even listened to these bands?

All of SS's lows are inhaled. And as For Impending Doom, actually listen to the songs.

Such as "Silence the Oppressors"

He uses exhaled lows and inhaled lows.

n00b
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2008-04-20, 13:09
SuspendedByTheThroat's Avatar
SuspendedByTheThroat SuspendedByTheThroat is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 304
Send a message via AIM to SuspendedByTheThroat
dude

suicide silence is all exhaled.

call me a terrible vocallist, say that i can't distinguish the difference, you obviously cant

inhaled vocals are windy and croaky
they are apparently and obviously EXHALED vocals

call me a noob
yet you're too much of an uptight dumbass who can't do shit
thinks he knows everything

you're just as bad as every moron who listens to job for a cowboy because they saw thier shirts at hot topic, they go watch videos on youtube and assume that every fucking band and thier friends bands and every other band inhales.

death metal is'nt even supposed to be inhaled.
there is no power behind inhaled vocals

not to mention i've SEEN suicide silence live, TWICE
exhaled.
EXHALED
EXHALED

do you get it yet?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2008-04-20, 13:10
SuspendedByTheThroat's Avatar
SuspendedByTheThroat SuspendedByTheThroat is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 304
Send a message via AIM to SuspendedByTheThroat
however you are right that impending doom does use inhales sometimes.

my bad on that one.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2008-04-20, 21:05
thedeathofamartyr thedeathofamartyr is offline
New Blood
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 8
http://youtube.com/watch?v=icK3vJfMLPg

If that's exhaled, that is the worst sounding exhaled lows I've ever heard.

You say I'm a bandwagon JFAC fan, yet your username is a JFAC song? Get bent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspendedbytthethroat
death metal is'nt even supposed to be inhaled.
there is no power behind inhaled vocals


Who are you to determine what the vocals for death metal are supposed to be? Last tme I checked it was a free country and artists can do as they please with their own music. Music is, by the way, expression of self.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionist
Wow, nice logo. Assholes.


www.myspace.com/keepmyfingernailsclean
www.myspace.com/necrogeniccatalyst

SUPPORT TRUE METAL!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2008-04-21, 18:56
SuspendedByTheThroat's Avatar
SuspendedByTheThroat SuspendedByTheThroat is offline
Senior Metalhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 304
Send a message via AIM to SuspendedByTheThroat
because changing the musical genre changes the musical genre.

thats why there are fusions between genres nowadays.

deathmetal,deathgrind,techgrind,techdeath,deathcore,grindcore, etc


and it's cute how you compared my screen name to something that i never said
i never called you a "bandwagon jfac fan"

i was comparing you to those kids on youtube who constantly bicker and argue back and forth arguing if a band exhales or inhales.



btw thats not a live video of them, it's a video of them playing with an audio overlay and shit dubbed in

why do you think you can't hear feedback or the crowd?

suicide silence used to have like 3 or 4 different recorded versions of this song.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZJJrIQsCTcQ

listen to the lows, they're airy and you can hear the sound the throat makes when he exhales, the inhale tecnique makes a completely different sound.
this is a professionally recorded song of thiers. they used an actual mic that pics up the sounds of his throat. the lows have no effects on the so they're easier to determine.

his exhales however have an assload of gain on them in the new recordings so it's harder to distinguish cirtain features in them.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2008-04-22, 07:17
xrogueftw! xrogueftw! is offline
New Blood
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xafreeforallx
That I know of

Mitch From suicide silence
Brooke from Impending doom.

what are your thoughts on them?


mitch states himself that he only uses exhales...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 2008-08-20, 16:49
Sufferend's Avatar
Sufferend Sufferend is offline
New Blood
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sheol
Posts: 17
Inhaled vocals sucks.
Not because they are horrible, but because they will harm your throath man
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 2008-09-06, 13:00
Chonch QQ Melarki Chonch QQ Melarki is offline
New Blood
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9
I'm surprised this is even up for debate.

Use your ears?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 2008-09-13, 15:37
ash2490 ash2490 is offline
New Blood
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 42
The members of Dying Fetus use inhales, don't they?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 2008-09-14, 18:16
Innards-Decay's Avatar
Innards-Decay Innards-Decay is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Concord, CA
Posts: 1,665
Send a message via AIM to Innards-Decay
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash2490
The members of Dying Fetus use inhales, don't they?

No, they use all exhaled. That is, unless John Gallager sucks more than he already does.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient
Faceshitting...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21.


========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2009 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.