Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 2005-01-11, 15:22
Senior Metalhead
Banned

Anyone into martial arts?

I have been into martial arts my whole life, I started taking Karate at age 7. Then when I was 12 I took up Jeet kun do and ever since have indulged myself in several fighting styles. Jeet kun do is still my favorite mostly due to the philosophy involved. Absorb what is useful and reject what is useless. It's good to know how to take care of yourself in a fight, you never know when some guy is going to try and jump you or start shit or whatever.
Old 2005-01-11, 15:24
Noob lud

I took some classes when i was about 6 or so then i quit because i moved. I stayed with my cousin over the summer and he takes classes so i went to 3 of them for the hell of it. Its pretty fun but i wouldnt do it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.
Old 2005-01-11, 15:30
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

I agree, it's good to know how to take care of yourself in a fight.

I'm not into martial arts, my older sister is a teacher though at a gym, I don't know exactly what she teaches, but she did learn a lot of Arasaka-Te, Ninjutsu and specialized in Choi Li Fut. I think she mostly teaches karate and basic judo for kids.
it does keep her in shape and shit, she's 26 but looks way younger. I know girls here age that just look like shit, I guess it's a good thing to sport anyways.
I guess it never interested me that much, allways too busy and shit. school, bands, friends, girl, that shit. at a younger age I just didn't give a damn because I was allways big for my age. But yeah, now that I look back, I should have done at least something.

drinking beer on a daily basis and sitting my ass down in a car doesn't do any good for my shape. I really started to notice it when I passed 20. now I'm just breaking down, haha.
Old 2005-01-11, 15:36
Post-whore

Send a message via ICQ to h4x5k8 Send a message via AIM to h4x5k8 Send a message via MSN to h4x5k8 Send a message via Yahoo to h4x5k8
i took tae kwon do for a long time i tought myself how to use the nunchucku really well, then for some reason i started getting chubby even though i was working out almost every day, and doing hundreds of pushups a week, so i quit cause i got to lazy....yea it sucked, and it was weird, but i can still kick ass with nunchucks
Old 2005-01-11, 15:41
Noob lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4x5k8
i took tae kwon do for a long time i tought myself how to use the nunchucku really well, then for some reason i started getting chubby even though i was working out almost every day, and doing hundreds of pushups a week, so i quit cause i got to lazy....yea it sucked, and it was weird, but i can still kick ass with nunchucks

Thats odd. I just basicly sit around and eat all day and i dont gain any weight at all. I try to do about 20 push ups everynight and i play the drums alot so that must have something to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.
Old 2005-01-11, 15:46
Senior Metalhead

Send a message via MSN to metalpro
i used to back in the day, when i was like 8 or somethin.

scream when u feel the pain. i probly wont stop.
Old 2005-01-11, 16:10
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

I used to watch the tv show Kung Fu all the time...does that count?
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx
Old 2005-01-11, 16:14
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

only if you still remember some of those badass moves!
Old 2005-01-11, 17:14
Post-whore

Send a message via MSN to ManOwaR
I took karate lessons when I was seven... but I quit after two weeks because it was boring as hell.
Old 2005-01-11, 17:59
Post-whore

I took karate lesson at 8, and then realised it was bullshit for kids, and quit. (It was also really boring, and we never got to fight) Then did Judo, quit that.
A year ago I started Jiu-Jitsu, that was pretty cool, and from the first lesson I was taught how to kill someone (heh, but I wasn't paying attention! Damn!) I quit that, and now I found European Martial arts, basically learning from fighting manuscripts from the 15/16th century.
Old 2005-01-11, 18:28
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
only if you still remember some of those badass moves!

Grasshopper...... Nawww, I don't remember any moves except for the episode when he walks on rice paper...oOOooo

EDIT: Well, and there's also those "gay" moves at the end of Karate Kid III. Man, that would be funny as hell if I pulled that shit on a bully
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx
Old 2005-01-11, 18:34
Senior Metalhead
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Knight
I don't know kung fu but I know crazy! lol
Old 2005-01-11, 18:50
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def
I agree, it's good to know how to take care of yourself in a fight.

Everyone should just learn how to play hockey a la Canadian style.
Old 2005-01-11, 20:33
Life is pain.
Banned

I done some karate fir about a year. I got to orange belt [about half way] but just for the record, I could have made it to blackbelt in a year and a half
Old 2005-01-12, 00:15
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Cloaca Send a message via MSN to Cloaca Send a message via Yahoo to Cloaca
I did Taekwondo for 5 years when I was younger, I got to Cho Dan Bo (Its balck belt for juniors, a Red Belt with black stripes, they don't let young'uns have a black belt where I did it). I was state champion at one stage in my age/weight division, but that means fuck all. I did beat the shit out of an albino to get there though, that was funny. Except, unknown to me at the time, he was national champ and had a nasty spinning backkick. Still beat him though.
But for fighting in real life, Taekwondo barely helps at all. Mainly because most of my fights since then have been drunken boxing matches with friends where we'd wrap our jumpers around our fists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Star
Everyone should just learn how to play hockey a la Canadian style.
Fuck That. Australian Ice Hockey is the way to go. I went to a state match between Victoria and NSW about 18 months ago. The fight started when one player reached over and hit another player in the head with his stick while they were both in their respective sinbins. There were fights in and out of the rink, and my dad and I were watching joyfully, about 2 metres away from the action, eating our fried dim sims. Every single player was fighting, all in all 6 players were suspended for 15 matches or more. A couple of players even used sticks, it was really violent. But awesome. Amateur Hockey Brutality!!!
Old 2005-01-12, 01:41
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaca

Fuck That. Australian Ice Hockey is the way to go. I went to a state match between Victoria and NSW about 18 months ago. The fight started when one player reached over and hit another player in the head with his stick while they were both in their respective sinbins. There were fights in and out of the rink, and my dad and I were watching joyfully, about 2 metres away from the action, eating our fried dim sims. Every single player was fighting, all in all 6 players were suspended for 15 matches or more. A couple of players even used sticks, it was really violent. But awesome. Amateur Hockey Brutality!!!

I'll agree with that, Amateur hockey does have the best fights lol.
Old 2005-01-12, 04:04
Metalhead

Send a message via MSN to collyersgirl
Well as i am a short girl who looks vunerable i decided to take up karate at age 8 i think. i did it for 4 years and reached my brown belt two black tabs aka one off my black belt. and i never even got my last certificate because i left because my favourite sensei was fired for a stupid reason apparently he was hitting a student too hard during sparing. The thing that really bothered me was that once i joined all of my sisters wanted to be like me and join too. (i have that impression on people ) I wanted to look at other martial arts but moving to different countries and school kind of disrupted it.
But now i can at least take care of myself
Old 2005-01-12, 04:09
C-Un(i)t
Forum Leader

Send a message via AIM to Cloaca Send a message via MSN to Cloaca Send a message via Yahoo to Cloaca
I'll say. You sure can beat the shit out of andrew!
Old 2005-01-12, 04:10
Post-whore
Banned

she can kick 10 times more arse than i can
Old 2005-01-12, 18:22
Metalhead

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Thought Send a message via Yahoo to Crimson Thought
I took tae kwon do for 13 years, and was taught Judo from my grandfather after he came back from vietnam, and yeah it feels good to know you have intelligence when it comes to a real fight.

Honestly though, i've never really used any moves in a fight. I've been in 3 real fights provoked by anger and in those 2 of them I only used a block to catch his fist and then I slammed his elbow joint with my forearm, and the other one I punched someone in the stomach before he could move. but the last time I did actually use a move where someone from the side was coming in with a low punch and I moved a little to the side and kinda propelled myself off his momentum and struck him with an open palm right in the solar plexus, THAT was when I noticed my training had become second nature.

but all in all, I'd say when it comes to reaction time and how I analyze someone's movements, I would say its because of karate,most definitely

A vomit-type substance is formed from its innards
A festering slime that revels inside

The substance erupts and its stomach bursts open
Forced down your throat to regurgitate life