MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone

Old 2008-07-26, 05:48
Dystopia
Post-whore

JUNIOR double bass drumset...

For Christmas I wanted to get my nieces (11 and 8, 12 and 9 by C-mas) and nephews (currently 7 and 6) started on instruments. I think I already know what I can do for guitars and bass, although I'm not sure how far out I'm gonna go, but I would like to get at least one of everything. My niece, who is 11 currently, has already played my drums and I tried teaching her some very basic beats. She didn't master 'em but she got better then she was before I taught her a thing or two (o-k, now I'm just rambling!).

I wanted to get a full piece drumset, something like this...

http://www.interstatemusic.com/weba...uctId=900142979

A cheaper one is fine, a nicer one is fine. I only care about the number of pieces. I have but one concern: Double bass.

Does anyone know where I can get a double bass pedal "Kid's sized"? I doubt it. Does anyone know if any instrument dealers are willing to sell just a bassdrum along with a whole other set?

I'm sure some of you are thinking "Start off small, don't splurge," and that's exactly what I'm PROBABLY gonna do, but I want to look at all my options before making the actual buy which will probably be a few months from now.

Thanks.

Old 2008-07-27, 02:40
7-string warlord
Post-whore

Man, I don't think any manufacturers would sell a junior kit with a double bass setup or double kickers....That isn't very practical and they no they would not make much money off of it...There are not many little kids who are willing to be Br00tak on the skinzz....

Old 2008-07-29, 05:38
Dystopia
Post-whore

Yeah that's the response I was expecting... still wouldn't it be cool to have 2 bass drums as a kid?

Old 2008-07-29, 14:48
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-string warlord
Br00tak on the skinzz....

lmao

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2008-09-15, 22:50
Dystopia
Post-whore

Okay, her 12th bday passed this last August, and I dumped $300 (prolly make a new thread in a different section on this) on Guitar Center online getting her a 3/4 scale stratocaster, cord, tuner, stand, strap, and a 15W Crate with an overdrive channel. I also gave her some picks, a beginner's book I rarely have the opportunity to use (for chord diagrams and patterns to practice, which I never use), and a couple printed tab sheets that I wrong some riffs for for to play, Iron Man, Sunshine of Your Love, and Smoke on the Water, the last two that she is primarily working on.

Problem is, she's 12, and she don't practice every fucking day like I try to brainwash her too. I would asks the psychologists on this forum for advice on developing a child's behavior to listen to an instructor better, but I'de prolly get flamed. Anyways, that's whats going on. She left her amp here but recently I been letting her play on mine.

Old 2008-09-16, 17:59
The Execrator
Noob lud

The point is to make her like it, rather than force it upon her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2008-09-16, 22:49
Dystopia
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Execrator
The point is to make her like it, rather than force it upon her!

whats the difference?

Old 2008-09-19, 19:24
Requiem
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia
whats the difference?

SEX AND RAPE? Do you understand the difference?

Old 2008-09-21, 21:13
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Kids don't want to be what their parents tell them too

NEGROGENESIS