MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum What's New Submit a Tab FAQ Links Contact Us Link to Us


Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording
User Name
Password


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 2008-07-16, 18:35
7-string warlord's Avatar
7-string warlord 7-string warlord is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Emory, Texas
Posts: 1,280
weird amp problem

my friend has a solid state marshall head, and the distortion channel became insanely quiet....the clean is fine, but when he switches over the signal is barely audible with the volume at 10....does anyone know what is up?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Man oh man I'm in the mood for some meat right about now, so much so that I don't even care how implicitly gay this sentence is.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2008-07-20, 14:28
7-string warlord's Avatar
7-string warlord 7-string warlord is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Emory, Texas
Posts: 1,280
Thanks for all the help guys.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Man oh man I'm in the mood for some meat right about now, so much so that I don't even care how implicitly gay this sentence is.

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2008-07-20, 16:31
the_bleeding's Avatar
the_bleeding the_bleeding is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,816
Send a message via MSN to the_bleeding
take it to a tech. i dont know SS stuff :P
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahmers Fridge
In the US "fanny" is a word used to describe the ass or butt. Here in the UK "fanny" is a lady garden (vagina)
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2009-08-04, 03:10
shady shady is offline
New Blood
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1
As far as the main problem you are having, I assume you were doing you troubleshooting when the deck was on and the amps were "not working"? if they have 12 volts on the remote lead and main power wires and have a good ground they should turn on. If they are both cutting out at the same time and the power lights are turning off I would check the connection at the battery terminal. baby names Indianapolis Counseling I've seen corrosion cause this type of problem, as well as a loose connection at the fuse holder under the hood. It is probably some sort of issue with lack of current. Even if the amps are seeing 12 volts when they are off, if there is a bad connection somewhere they can shut off when they try to draw too much current. If the amps were staying on but just losing output it would most likely be an issue with the deck.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2009-08-13, 07:15
Soulinsane's Avatar
Soulinsane Soulinsane is offline
Pirate Lawd
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hanger 18
Posts: 6,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by shady
As far as the main problem you are having, I assume you were doing you troubleshooting when the deck was on and the amps were "not working"? if they have 12 volts on the remote lead and main power wires and have a good ground they should turn on. If they are both cutting out at the same time and the power lights are turning off I would check the connection at the battery terminal. baby names Indianapolis Counseling I've seen corrosion cause this type of problem, as well as a loose connection at the fuse holder under the hood. It is probably some sort of issue with lack of current. Even if the amps are seeing 12 volts when they are off, if there is a bad connection somewhere they can shut off when they try to draw too much current. If the amps were staying on but just losing output it would most likely be an issue with the deck.


WTF is this? Technical puke with spam links? 7-String... There is a problem, one of several that could have gone wrong in the dirt channel. Good news is it can be fixed cheap "IF" it isn't a DSP processor or SMT that is the problem.

I just don't know what Marshall it is?
__________________
Authorized Mercury Magnetics tech/dealer
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2009-08-13, 07:24
Soulinsane's Avatar
Soulinsane Soulinsane is offline
Pirate Lawd
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hanger 18
Posts: 6,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by shady
As far as the main problem you are having, I assume you were doing you troubleshooting when the deck was on and the amps were "not working"? if they have 12 volts on the remote lead and main power wires and have a good ground they should turn on. If they are both cutting out at the same time and the power lights are turning off I would check the connection at the battery terminal. baby names Indianapolis Counseling I've seen corrosion cause this type of problem, as well as a loose connection at the fuse holder under the hood. It is probably some sort of issue with lack of current. Even if the amps are seeing 12 volts when they are off, if there is a bad connection somewhere they can shut off when they try to draw too much current. If the amps were staying on but just losing output it would most likely be an issue with the deck.



BTFW! I realize you are a POS bot spammer, but don't any MT memebers take tech advice like this. It can get you killed. The SHIT posted here is completely full of it.
__________________
Authorized Mercury Magnetics tech/dealer
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2009-08-13, 15:21
Amadeus's Avatar
Amadeus Amadeus is offline
Quantum.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,149
My guess would be that there's simply a wire or two that needs some resoldering, it's exactly the same symptom I've had a couple of times. But then I also shuttle my equipment back and forth across the landscape on a regular basis, so it's no wonder. If you're not familiar with taking amps apart and fixing things yourself take it to a tech and ask him to have a look.
__________________
Listening to Cannibal Corpse and cutting trees with a chainsaw, now that's metal

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2009-08-20, 11:59
Dystopia's Avatar
Dystopia Dystopia is offline
Post-whore
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,068
Send a message via AIM to Dystopia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
BTFW! I realize you are a POS bot spammer, but don't any MT memebers take tech advice like this. It can get you killed. The SHIT posted here is completely full of it.

That is the most hilariously random spam I have ever seen.

*sigged*

EDIT: Awwwww
__________________
t('~'t)
( ( ) )
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:33.


========

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2001-2009 MetalTabs.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.