MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2008-07-16, 23:35
7-string warlord
Post-whore

weird amp problem

my friend has a solid state marshall head, and the distortion channel became insanely quiet....the clean is fine, but when he switches over the signal is barely audible with the volume at 10....does anyone know what is up?

Old 2008-07-20, 19:28
7-string warlord
Post-whore

Thanks for all the help guys.

Old 2008-07-20, 21:31
the_bleeding
Post-whore

take it to a tech. i dont know SS stuff :P
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!

Old 2009-08-04, 08:10
shady
New Blood
Banned

As far as the main problem you are having, I assume you were doing you troubleshooting when the deck was on and the amps were "not working"? if they have 12 volts on the remote lead and main power wires and have a good ground they should turn on. If they are both cutting out at the same time and the power lights are turning off I would check the connection at the battery terminal. baby names Indianapolis Counseling I've seen corrosion cause this type of problem, as well as a loose connection at the fuse holder under the hood. It is probably some sort of issue with lack of current. Even if the amps are seeing 12 volts when they are off, if there is a bad connection somewhere they can shut off when they try to draw too much current. If the amps were staying on but just losing output it would most likely be an issue with the deck.

Old 2009-08-13, 12:15
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady
As far as the main problem you are having, I assume you were doing you troubleshooting when the deck was on and the amps were "not working"? if they have 12 volts on the remote lead and main power wires and have a good ground they should turn on. If they are both cutting out at the same time and the power lights are turning off I would check the connection at the battery terminal. baby names Indianapolis Counseling I've seen corrosion cause this type of problem, as well as a loose connection at the fuse holder under the hood. It is probably some sort of issue with lack of current. Even if the amps are seeing 12 volts when they are off, if there is a bad connection somewhere they can shut off when they try to draw too much current. If the amps were staying on but just losing output it would most likely be an issue with the deck.

WTF is this? Technical puke with spam links? 7-String... There is a problem, one of several that could have gone wrong in the dirt channel. Good news is it can be fixed cheap "IF" it isn't a DSP processor or SMT that is the problem.

I just don't know what Marshall it is?

Old 2009-08-13, 12:24
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady

BTFW! I realize you are a POS bot spammer, but don't any MT memebers take tech advice like this. It can get you killed. The SHIT posted here is completely full of it.

Old 2009-08-13, 20:21
Amadeus
Quantum.

My guess would be that there's simply a wire or two that needs some resoldering, it's exactly the same symptom I've had a couple of times. But then I also shuttle my equipment back and forth across the landscape on a regular basis, so it's no wonder. If you're not familiar with taking amps apart and fixing things yourself take it to a tech and ask him to have a look.

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Old 2009-08-20, 16:59
Dystopia
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
BTFW! I realize you are a POS bot spammer, but don't any MT memebers take tech advice like this. It can get you killed. The SHIT posted here is completely full of it.

That is the most hilariously random spam I have ever seen.

*sigged*

EDIT: Awwwww